It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EVP on SciFi Ghost Hunters 16/04 (s04e07)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Did anyone catch this episode? They visited Mount Washington Resort in NH and caught some unbelievable EVPs. I'll admit some of the EVPs they have caught in the past have been less than impressive, but these are hands down the best I've heard anywhere.

Both are in the Princess's Room, I can't remember the exact story of the Princess off the top of my head except that she stayed there often and was uncomfortable sleeping in any bed other than her own, so brought her bed when she came to stay - the bed which is still in the room.

In the first you hear Jason ask 'Princess are you in here?' to which there is the reply: "Hello? Is there someone there?".

EVP 1

In the second you hear Jason ask "Princess can you at least let us know you're in here" and the reply is: "Of course I'm in here, where are you?".

EVP 2

What is truly remarkable is not only the clarity of the voice, and the fact that it is obviously female with a British accent, but the fact that it is in clear response to Jason's questions.

What do you guys think?

Edited typos.

[edit on 17-4-2008 by TheStev]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I watched it and was really amazed by it.
I also heard the one where Steve and that other guy was in the room. I couldn't quite make out what was being said because the guys were also talking but she seemingly was having a conversation with someone.

What gave me pause for thought was that she seemed to hear them but couldn't see them. They couldn't hear her until they heard the recording.

What does that mean in the paranormal world? Is the veil thin enough that she could hear but it's too thick on our side to hear back? The conversation seemed to be taking place in real time. What does that mean for her? Just curious!

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Funny you should mention time. I actually wondered whether this was actually a haunting/ghost type thing, or if it was some bizarre time-link. Like the two times were somehow connected and so the Princess, sitting in her room in the time she was alive heard the voices of Jason and Grant and somehow, in the present, her responses were recorded.

I think it feels that way because of how matter-of-fact she is about being in the room. Or perhaps as a spirit she simply thinks she is still alive and in the room as normal. Either way it's freaky though, and it certainly raises more questions than it answers!

Edited to add: Also 'is there anyone there'. It's not like she's intruding on their reality, as ghosts are often thought, but like they're intruding on hers. Like she's in her natural environment. It definitely opens up the idea of a two-way stream between realities, rather than ghosts streaming into our reality.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheStev
Funny you should mention time. I actually wondered whether this was actually a haunting/ghost type thing, or if it was some bizarre time-link. Like the two times were somehow connected and so the Princess, sitting in her room in the time she was alive heard the voices of Jason and Grant and somehow, in the present, her responses were recorded.

I think it feels that way because of how matter-of-fact she is about being in the room. Or perhaps as a spirit she simply thinks she is still alive and in the room as normal. Either way it's freaky though, and it certainly raises more questions than it answers!

Edited to add: Also 'is there anyone there'. It's not like she's intruding on their reality, as ghosts are often thought, but like they're intruding on hers. Like she's in her natural environment. It definitely opens up the idea of a two-way stream between realities, rather than ghosts streaming into our reality.

WOW! Thats weird, i was just discussing that same theory with my wife after the show. I could see such a thing being possible.

[edit on 17-4-2008 by Optix]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TheStev

Let's not get carried away just yet. There's no evidence that the sounds were in fact voices, let alone captured exactly as we hear in the location they say. The Ghost Hunters team use ridiculously rubbish microphones and recording devices that include features like sound normalisation, which don't help our cause in the slightest. Not to mention the shady circumstances of some of their previous "evidence".

I listened to both EVPs, and I can't understand anything "she" is saying. And I'm British, so I'm pretty sure I'd recognise the accent (which I don't).

So, accepting the EVPs as fact then going on to try to figure out things like time-slips and hauntings shows an understandable willingness to want it to be true over waiting for actual evidence. It's not a bad thing in itself, it just precludes learning about what's going on.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
I listened to both EVPs, and I can't understand anything "she" is saying. And I'm British, so I'm pretty sure I'd recognise the accent (which I don't).

Are you serious? I suggest you listen again. I've had my doubts about previous EVPs which have been provided as evidence on this show and in other places, some of which have been garbled and inaudible, but these two are crystal clear and, in my opinion, undeniable.

Honestly, how could 'sound normalisation' introduce what is clearly a voice responding to the questions being asked. First you're suggesting a hoax by the GH team, then you're suggesting that faulty or inadequate equipment has created the illusion of a voice. I'd really like for you to listen to the files another couple of times, keeping in mind the words that a lot of other people are hearing. If you still don't hear it, then perhaps you can tell us what you think is causing the 'sound'.

The British accent I refer to can be most clearly heard, in my opinion, in the phrase 'there anyone there'. It's a very proper English accent, like one would expect a member of a royal family to have. And no offense to the enlightened Americans we have on this board, but I'm not some American who assumes any English language accent other than American is British. I'm Australian and I too can clearly distinguish between the various types of British accents as well as Scottish, Irish and Welsh. This is absolutely British.

Then again, if you don't understand any words at all, how could you possibly hear an accent to begin with? I really suggest you have another listen to the files and crank the volume up. I'm familiar with the concept of pareidolia or apophenia, but these words are clear as day.

And besides, when investigating paranormal fields such as these, the evidence does not need to be 100% verified before one can speculate on what it means. If you're trying to formulate solid theories and publish a paper about it, sure, but I see no reason we can't discuss the possibility of a time-slip causing this.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
yea, i saw it it was amazing

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TheStev

I watched this last night and was blown away. The EVP's were very clear and I could understand them upon listening only once. Anyone that can't hear a womans voice does not have the volume loud enough.

Instantly the issue of time came into my mind as well. Its something that is very hard to wrap your head around. It felt like Jason and Grant were the ghosts for that moment.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
During the reveal, did anyone hear in the first EVP the princess say "How did you guys find this dimension"??????

I have played the EVP for a few friends and we all clearly hear the word dimension.....

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I watch their show every week, my husband and I got amazed by this episode.

I also felt that it sound it like two time zones meeting together, the voice could hear them but no see them, while the Ghost hunters could not see or hear anything.

Truly something that needs more research into and even another visit to the place.

But two weeks ago the one episode that the picture in the table moved was good also.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ogk51
During the reveal, did anyone hear in the first EVP the princess say "How did you guys find this dimension"??????

I have played the EVP for a few friends and we all clearly hear the word dimension.....

I had another listen to that section, and it does sound like something something 'find this dimension', but I wouldn't say 'clearly', certainly not compared to the ones with Jason and Grant. It's times like these I wish I lived in the US. Someone needs to go there and do a night-long EVP session in that room alone. Anyone in that area feel like doing some ATS field-work?

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I was also amazed by this episode. In my opinion it was definitely a female with a english accent. As far as the whole time thing is concerned i also thought of that.

It seems more like shes in another dimension rather than in her own time cause she sounds to calm. If she was hearing voices in her own time i would imagine she would be more freaked out.

Either way its a great piece of EVP evidence!

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
This past week's Ghost Hunters at the Mt Washington Hotel had by far the best EVP that I've seen on the show up to this time. You can clearly hear the Princess talking. In fact, I caught something she said that was not stated in the results: When they asked her to do something to make them know she was there I heard her say clearly "Who is talking?" and another time "I hear someone talking"

It was absolutely fascinating and I think that TAPS should do their next Halloween show at the Mt Washington...don't you agree?

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
Let's not get carried away just yet. There's no evidence that the sounds were in fact voices, let alone captured exactly as we hear in the location they say. The Ghost Hunters team use ridiculously rubbish microphones and recording devices that include features like sound normalisation, which don't help our cause in the slightest. Not to mention the shady circumstances of some of their previous "evidence".

I agree. EVPs are possibly the worst kind of evidence, since it's nearly impossible to rule out other sources that might cause the sounds to be made, including clothing brushing against itself, wind, stray radio reception, outside noises filtering in, and so on. Unless EVPs are recorded in a sound-proof Faraday cage, they can only be the flimsiest of evidence.

Additionally, as has been mentioned, a lot of the interpretation of these things is nothing but the subjective impressions of the "researchers." If I ask, "Are you in the room with us," and I pick up a CB radio operator passing by saying, "Coors is a mighty fine brew," I'm more likely to hear, "Of course, I'm right by you," or something like that.

Anyway, I'm entertained by the personalities, and some of the video stuff they pick up is intriguing, but it's not like they're not trying to prove any of their vague, half-assed theories using any kind of scientific method.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Nohup, I understand completely what you are saying because on many EVPs I thought the same exact thing...but, with the clarity of this voice I actually heard something that I do not think the TAPS guys heard or revealed on the show if they did hear it. I kind of doubt that this was the result of a brush of clothing or other interference and definitely not a 'suggestion' by one of the TAPS people since I heard it myself. I have a DVR and I am able to back up and repeat scenes and each time it got clearer and clearer. In fact, in my job as a transcriptionist it is my job to hear difficult speech so it was easy to hear this one!

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I agree that most EVP's are vague and you can only base assumptions on what they are actually saying.

However, this episode had some of the best EVP's I have ever heard. They were clear as day and before the TAPS members chimed in on what they thought they heard, I had already heard the exact same thing. Unless they were picking up a stray signal from another source that happened to answer the questions perfectly than these were the real deal or its all a sham. Although, I have to say I trust them, but thats just me.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Can anyone else with a DVR confirm the word "Dimension" in that first EVP ?

Thank you for checking.

Could it be that simple that in death you pass on as energy to the next dimension or what ever people will like to call that plain of exsistance. Could it be as simple as having enough people that love you in your life so that when you pass on they can help direct your energy to a place you could never think of....

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by samureyed
I agree that most EVP's are vague and you can only base assumptions on what they are actually saying.
However, this episode had some of the best EVP's I have ever heard...

Exactly. Nohup, I've seen some great contributions from you in the past on other threads, but have you actually listened to the EVPs in question? It seems like you've just considered the subject and commented. I get that you don't like the Ghost Hunters guys (I do) but on the subject of EVPs, I completely agree. Most are vague, garbled and depend mostly on interpretation. These two are exceptional. I really suggest you suspend your predisposition against EVPs and have a listen.

I don't have time right now, but ogk I will get a grab of that section and up it for others to analyse at some stage tomorrow.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Thank you & thank you.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
if this is not a forgery, and if there wasn't some dumb lady locked in a closet in next room. This is the best EVP i've heard . . .

thanku stev

does anyone have any other recordings from this event?

[edit on 4/19/2008 by JPhish]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join