It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EVP on SciFi Ghost Hunters 16/04 (s04e07)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheStev
Did anyone catch this episode? They visited Mount Washington Resort in NH and caught some unbelievable EVPs. I'll admit some of the EVPs they have caught in the past have been less than impressive, but these are hands down the best I've heard anywhere.

Both are in the Princess's Room, I can't remember the exact story of the Princess off the top of my head except that she stayed there often and was uncomfortable sleeping in any bed other than her own, so brought her bed when she came to stay - the bed which is still in the room.

In the first you hear Jason ask 'Princess are you in here?' to which there is the reply: "Hello? Is there someone there?".

EVP 1

In the second you hear Jason ask "Princess can you at least let us know you're in here" and the reply is: "Of course I'm in here, where are you?".

EVP 2

What is truly remarkable is not only the clarity of the voice, and the fact that it is obviously female with a British accent, but the fact that it is in clear response to Jason's questions.

What do you guys think?

---------------------------------------------------------------

I have had my bubble burst and figured I may as well share the disappointment. The whole show is fixed. Most are actors you can find in movies and commercials. The show has really gone downhill for me since learning of this. Here's an example : www.imdb.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I didn't see the episode but I did listen to the EVP links you provided.
Yes,I could clearly hear the "princess" but in my opinion, I wouldn't trust the TAPS team. They could easily fake those recordings. The few episodes I have seen have been horrible.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bachrk
I have had my bubble burst and figured I may as well share the disappointment. The whole show is fixed. Most are actors you can find in movies and commercials. The show has really gone downhill for me since learning of this. Here's an example : www.imdb.com...

Considering that Kris is only new this season and listed as an investigator-in-training I would not rule out the possibility that she was a young actress with an interest in the paranormal that SciFi brought in to add a young sexy thing to appeal to their (I would imagine) predominantly male 18-35 audience.

I'm not saying that it's not all set up, it may well be, I'm just saying I would personally need more convincing than Kris having an IMDB page listed. Having spent some time on the TAPS site, they seem like a legit organisation so I would personally need more info before discrediting them.

For the record, I would also need several of the TAPS team to have had extensive history in film and tv before I would consider the whole thing a setup. But I would consider it with sufficient evidence. I just think if the guys have done work since being on the show, it's something else entirely.

@JPhish - there was only one other EVP on this episode and it wasn't great. I intend to add it to this thread but I've been caught up and haven't been home for a few days. It should be up in the next day or so.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TheStev

thanx stev, even if it's not great, i'd like an opportunity to run it through CEP.

and ur prolly right about Kris just being eye candy for the show. That's the first thing that came to mind when i saw her. :-]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Here's the other EVP from this episode. As mentioned, this one features Steve and Tango. It pales in comparison to the others, but it's clearly the same voice, so I think it helps to corroborate.

www....(nolink)/?pfzb1dnkmgg

Listening to it again, I definitely hear 'dimension', but again nowhere near as clear as the others. Judging by the tone it seems more like 'Did you guys find this dimension?' rather than 'how did...'

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TheStev

thanx again. I'm starting to wonder if perhaps the woman on the recording is not speaking english at all and we're attributing false meanings to her words . . .

[edit on 4/20/2008 by JPhish]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
On just the Steve and Tango one alone, and with many of their other alleged EVPs I would say that is quite likely (in Ghost Hunters International they actually had some foreign language EVPs) but the ones with Jason and Grant are much clearer and the responses fit so perfectly with what is being said by Jason, I believe this one is English.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I really have mixed feelings about Ghost Hunters... but the way that episode went seriously makes me think that THIS is the way 'they' are going to break the news to us. They meaning whoever is filtering our information to us, not TAPS, specifically.

They need to take a strange phenomena which we are familiar with and have built mystery and intrigue around, and slowly introduce us to the actual concepts behind the mysterious phenomenon. EDIT TO ADD: because we frickin panic when things are switched up on us all the sudden, and that is undeniable... So I can understand some groups' reasoning behind info filtering, but that leaves plenty of room for corruption... possibly a whole nother thread subject, though.

I have thought for about a year now that ghosts are actually just overlapping folds in "time" that rub together and interfere upon each other. Quantum physics and other things are discovering that theuniverse is nade up of possibly infinitesimal numbers of overlapping and intertwined dimensions...

This episode totally blew me away, because TAPS totally said what I was thinking without directly saying it.

Kris is totally frickin hot. It's hard to tell whether pretty girls are acting sometimes, unfortunately... from personal experience.

[edit on 20-4-2008 by indierockalien]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
yea, i know what you mean

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I must say this EVP is the best I've heard so far.
I also though of something that could fix the problems of not hearing the ghost unless you record it.

I was wondering is it possible to create a voice recorder so that when it's recording real time it will also send the signal a few seconds later to a pair of headphones?

If they had that they could have communicated alot more.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by magestyk7
I must say this EVP is the best I've heard so far.
I also though of something that could fix the problems of not hearing the ghost unless you record it.

I was wondering is it possible to create a voice recorder so that when it's recording real time it will also send the signal a few seconds later to a pair of headphones?

If they had that they could have communicated alot more.

that's an excellent idea mage

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I watched this episode as well and was as stunned as the rest of you. I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread, because I have been mulling the possibilities since the episode aired but had no one to share these ideas with! Anyway, I did listen to the linked clip with Steve and Tango and I do hear what sounds like "this dimension". I can't identify much more than that. That particular clip is certainly less clear than the first, as I had absolutely no trouble understanding the responses "she" gave to Jay and Grant.

I firmly believe that most EVPs can be explained away as instances of apophenia. Most are muddled and unclear, gaining clarity only when words are suggested to the listener. The EVP captured with Jay and Grant during this episode, however, seems to be quite different. It is exceptionally clear (to my ears) and I, too, found my initial perception of her words to be in precise accordance with the later suggestion by the team.

*From here onward, I will be using "her" and "she" to refer to the voice on the EVP, as it is feminine in nature.*

The timeline theory is an interesting one. I do wonder, however, why "our time" would experience less sensitivity than "her time". That is, if she is not of a spiritual nature and is instead simply connecting from another point in time, why is she more sensitive than we are? She would be, after all, just like us, but living in another time period. But then, perhaps her side of time is experiencing an anomalous level of sensitivity at that precise moment of communication. If we are essentially communicating with the past here (rather than just listening), we must be introducing the possibility of changing what has already occurred--that seems less likely to me. It's perplexing, to say the least.

Another idea would be that she is indeed in another realm where sensitivity is naturally greater. If you notice, she did not seem particularly frightened by the intrusion of Jay and Grant's voices, as if she was already familiar with the possibility of that sort of occurrence. This seems to support the idea that this is another realm or "world" rather than another point in time. Unless I was already accustomed to it, I don't imagine I would be so composed if I suddenly heard disembodied voices speaking to me in my bedroom. Her response, "Of course I am, where are you?", as if to say "Why would you ask such a ridiculous question? Of course I'm here!", really shook me.

I would love to stay for a night or two in her room and try to communicate with her. Unfortunately, I don't know of any way to hear EVPs in real time so that true communication can occur. It may be possible, however, to link the recorder to a computer in another room, where a partner can watch for any EVPs as they occur and alert the communicator. I don't know how one would go about doing this, but it might be worth considering.

[edit on 23-4-2008 by paperplanes]

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I didn't see this episode since I live in the UK, but to me I hear an American accent - it certainly doesn't sound like any English accent I've heard before. There's definitely a sound there, but I can't make out any words.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
This is a nice EVP
here is the youtube link to the reveal youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Could she have had an increased psychic ability that carried over? Just throwing ideas out..That might be one explanation of her ability to hear and communicate through dimensional boundaries.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Very, very interesting :-)

I have spent a few days analyzing this EVP through Adobe Audition (professional sound editing software) and Dragon Naturally Speaking (voice recognition software) and have come to the conclusion that the 'voice' on this EVP is most likely from a human source. Most likely of a woman in her late forties to mid fifties. There is inflection, pronunciation of vowels, consonants and syllables and even a grammatical structure to the sound itself. It's inquisitive nature in relation to the inflection it displays does strongly suggest a human intelligence. The accent seems to be American yet has a distinguished and dignified sound to it.. almost British-like yet of a type of voice that a member of a high-society or royal family group would have. The inflection is muffled somewhat, but there seems to be a faint clarity to this voice, almost like a clear, distant voice in the background being drowned out by some form of ghostly reverb... like a hall-effect or 3 dimensional room echo.

I noticed too that when the Ghost Hunters team replayed the EVP and placed a transcription on the screen in order to bring clarity to the words, they had edited out a sound immediately before the "Is there someone there?", most probably to bring into focus the section that made the most sense. After spending considerable time using my own ears, voice recognition software and analyzing the sentence in a spectrogram I can make out what seems to me to be a two syllable sound that consists of a quickly spoken 'iss' and 'enn' .. or more like 'iss-enn'. It is difficult to make out because of a strong layer of muffled reverb over the actual sound.

When i sat down and tried to reconstruct what would seem like a logical extension to the flow of the sentence, I quickly realized that 'Iss-enn' does sound more like the word 'listen' when placed in context with the sentence spoken in the EVP, bringing further depth to the intelligence behind the sound we hear. Now, it seems like the Princess is speaking from a position of having heard voices BEFORE the T.A.P.S team began their investigation. Almost as if she is becoming a little concerned or perhaps fed up with what she is hearing. The last 'there' in the sentence "Is there someone there?" seems to be spoken quite loudly, as if she is raising her voice and calling out to a voice she can't find the source of.

She also sounds unafraid because most probably, in her time frame, this sort of thing (ie: hearing voices from beyond) had already been regularly experienced by her, or quite possibly only recently experienced. From the context of her speech she seems to have already been spending considerable time on her own trying to investigate or communicate with the voices she hears. Does she think she is going mad? Does she believe she is hearing spirits, or angels or voices from beyond? Who knows. To me, it does seem like she is already familiar with what she is hearing and she is becoming more and more concerned as to what is going on.

Maybe she took these experiences quietly to her grave. We may never know.

[edit on 6-5-2008 by mantara32]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
The first two EVPs are really clear in terms of what she's saying, but I don't agree it's an English accent, it sounds more American to me.

The third EVP is weird, it sounds almost robotic, like a computer generated female voice. At the end, I'm not hearing dimension, to me it sounds like she's saying "I do not find this amusing".

I love Ghost Hunters and Ghost Hunters International, but the problem is that too many times the situations have been clearly set up, and the editing and sound effects have been added for additional effect and on many occasions you can clearly tell a voice over has been added post event but edited into footage to sound like it happened at the time. Great for making a very watchable show, but it does mean you can never trust the events fully.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alethia
The first two EVPs are really clear in terms of what she's saying, but I don't agree it's an English accent, it sounds more American to me.

The third EVP is weird, it sounds almost robotic, like a computer generated female voice. At the end, I'm not hearing dimension, to me it sounds like she's saying "I do not find this amusing".

I love Ghost Hunters and Ghost Hunters International, but the problem is that too many times the situations have been clearly set up, and the editing and sound effects have been added for additional effect and on many occasions you can clearly tell a voice over has been added post event but edited into footage to sound like it happened at the time. Great for making a very watchable show, but it does mean you can never trust the events fully.

reply to post by Alethia

I respect your opinion, however if that is true, then someone recreate it.

Why doesn't everyone just go back and explain to this "princess" that we can't here her right away but we know she hears us and if she has anything to say, say it now, and we will get the message. Then start asking questions.

If the EVP's are that clear and interactive, and she has obviously heard them before, then recreate the situation. This time with more control.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Hi everyone. I really believe these EVPs are the best recorded, and I dont feel there is a scam going on. I just cant conceive of what good it would do for the ghost hunters to fabricate things....if it gets found out, there show would be ruined! And I agree with previous entries, it does definately sound like she says "how did you find this dimension" or "are you in this dimension". Right after that, you can also hear "sounds like a man" or "I can hear a man".

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TheStev

I've had a theory about some ghost cases, and this case in particular makes me think even more that there may be some merit to it.
What if "ghosts" are not actully spirits of dead people, but our timeline somehow crossing over or overlapping onto itself, so that we can hear voices or see images playing out from that timeline...not so much a rerun as they like to say a "risidual hanting" is, but seeing a past even actually happening in real time...after all, our past is their present, right? And then, sometimes, depending on the strength of the energy of that area and time (since time and space are connected anyway) we are even able to interact WITH people in that timeline, at least to some extent. I think that is what was happening in the Princess case...she wasn't a ghost, she was nust THERE, in her own time, and the timeline had crossed over otno itself over that particular point for whatever reason, and the ghosthunters were able to hear her speak and she could hear them speak, but neither could see the other. Remember that Star Trek episode (Next Generation) where Geordi was "out of phase" with the rest of the crew..he was like one second or something off the timeline with everyone else, so they couldn't see or hear him even though they were taking up the same space, just at different times. Maybe that is what was occuring in this case...Princess was in her time, the Ghosthunters in theirs, and the two overlapping enough to hear each other.

Just a theory.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join