It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why so much BTS in ATS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I've noticed some posts that are non conspiracy in ATS that would go better on BTS... I'm not saying I'm perfect or anything and have probably posted BTS material in ATS, but still it should be moved... Lots of BTS clogging up the ATS site...
What, this is not ATS is it?
Another one...
Just a couple examples... Not sure if Mods are backed up, I've got plenty of time on my hands if you need the help.. peace...

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
the mods are very busy people as i understand

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUncleSam

Almost like this post, huh?
How about snitching to the mods directly when you see one, instead of making a thread about it? j/k

Personally I think there shouldn't be a separate BTS like there is. Maybe just another section list at the bottom of the ATS forum that includes the BTS type stuff - then it might see more traffic, which I believe is why people post here instead of there. Otherwise why bother making a post if nobody is going to read it?

Either that or move the traffic to BTS somehow as most post are BTS anyway and then ATS would be the secondary site for the special stuff. Just seems there's just enough extra work built in to get to BTS that everyone forgets to go there. Sort of like PTS, maybe?

[edit on 17-4-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Let's not forget one thing - ATS is NOT just for conspiracy's.

Scandals, paranormal and alternative issues are all specifically catered for in the forums.

If there's any doubt about where a thread should go, read the guidelines for each forum and which also appear at the top of each thread.

From your first link, here's what it say at the top of the page:

This forum is for the general discussion of a wide range of paranormal phenomena that includes remote viewing, ESP, OBE, telepathy, ghosts, spirits, etc. Participants should be aware that this is a highly speculative forum where topics and responses will tend to lean in favor of the existence of these phenomena. Those who would wish to refute these subjects should be aware of AboveTopSecret.com's tradition of supporting the free examination of "alternative topics" which includes the paranormal.

I'm pointing this out for the simple reason that I've been in the same position myself.
I'm a person who likes clarity and dislikes confusion.

From the info at the top of the page it looks quite clear to me that the thread belongs where it is, although the second thread may be a little less clear cut.

BUT that's just my opinion.

[edit: changed code tags to quote tags]

[edit on 17-4-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

The MODs move a thread to BTS if THEY deem it to be so.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency

Almost like this post, huh?
How about snitching to the mods directly when you see one, instead of making a thread about it? j/k

Personally I think there shouldn't be a separate BTS like there is. Maybe just another section list at the bottom of the ATS forum that includes the BTS type stuff - then it might see more traffic, which I believe is why people post here instead of there. Otherwise why bother making a post if nobody is going to read it?

Either that or move the traffic to BTS somehow as most post are BTS anyway and then ATS would be the secondary site for the special stuff. Just seems there's just enough extra work built in to get to BTS that everyone forgets to go there. Sort of like PTS, maybe?

I know a few people who us BTS a lot as do I... I don't think BTS is hurting for traffic...

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Are you the with the thread police?
You know there is a little button at the bottom of each post right? If you hit that little button, it fires off a message to management and voila, they fix the problem.

Or do you need:

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   

BTS is a great place.

And under rated by all except those who post there on a regular basis.

It's great fun and a little lighthearted relief when ATS gets a bit hectic sometimes - or just on its own merits come to that.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
ROFLMA!!!!!!!!

I gota use that sometime..........lol.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski

BTS is a great place.

And under rated by all except those who post there on a regular basis.

It's great fun and a little lighthearted relief when ATS gets a bit hectic sometimes - or just on its own merits come to that.

Yep, it's a great place to post your thoughts and not have to worry about following too many guidelines... Great place for free thinking and discussion... ATS is awesome too... I tend to take ATS a bit more seriously though...

And no I'm not thread police... The only reason I posted is because I had noticed a trend... figured this would get the attention of more people...

top topics

join