It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Run Your Car on Water!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
"Are you tired of high gas prices?"

"Want to Double your gas mileage?"..........

www.runyourcarwithwater.com...

I must be honest on this one. The first thing comes to mind is, If its too good to be true.........

I'm too lazy to figure this out. According to the website you can create your "water hybrid" for under $150 AND a 100% 56 day refund policy.
Someone please tell me why this is a joke.......

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The question is, are you willing to buy this
?

It sounds fishy for such a low price, but yet... innovative.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

Well the low price doesnt smell fishy. But...why isnt this on msm or even alternative news. The funny thing is the sale ends tomorrow. Who knows how much it will be after the sale.

[edit on 16-4-2008 by Master_Wii]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I swear this is the same guy.water4gas.com..............the website background looks similiar if not identical. I know this have discuss on ATS ad nuseum.....Someone please explain why this is a scam.

[edit on 16-4-2008 by Master_Wii]

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
A few years ago, I my dad talked about two concepts I find interesting to this day. He spoke of a vehicle that was developed by VW that was designed to last 20 years. He said something of the fact that interest was dropped because car manufacturers werent in the business of building cars that were to last that long.

And the second was a car that was supposedly built that ran on water. I suspect there was some kind of hydrogen conversion going on, but he said the GM Chrysler and Ford ganged up on the manufacturer and basically bought the project to eliminate it.

I think this product is bogus, but if you have 300 bucks and a spare care to give it a shot, otherwise, I would call the Mythbusters to check it out.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisInfo
A few years ago, I my dad talked about two concepts I find interesting to this day. He spoke of a vehicle that was developed by VW that was designed to last 20 years.

That was called the Beetle. The original with the engine in the rear. You can still spot them occasionally.

And the second was a car that was supposedly built that ran on water.

The hydrogen conversions are not always very simple to build, as the resonant electrolysis cell seemingly needs to have certain dimensions that are rather precise. Besides, in many countries using this kind of fuel is restricted by the law: You can't chemically mark hydrogen that is produced without päying the fuel taxes, as you can do with certain liquid fuels. In that case you are not allowed to use such fuel as it can't be detected by the authorities.

If you don't know if it's legal to make a hydrogen conversion where you live, just build one and tell us what happened. I'd like to try to build a hydrogen converson myself, but I can't afford to pay the government $500 per day for using untaxed fuel as I would have to, according to our local laws. Hydrogen is banned where I live...

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
another one who i believe is legitimate is Denny Klien. his company is Auquagine. Big companies are trying to buy his invention. Osha has got to approve it.

www.youtube.com...

youtube has allot about him.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DisInfo

manufacturers werent in the business of building cars that were to last that long.

DisInfo,

I can buy this - I used to work for a manufacturing company. When the owner found out that the product was being made too resilient (I.e. to quality specification), he ordered it to be weakened in order to maintain periodic sales.

(Poor customer - rich bank - thats business).

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I was looking for some blueprints or instructions of some kind but a las I found none. Perhaps I didn't look hard enough since I sort of half assed it considering the site looks like a scam. As a mechanic (well...I used to be) I figured I could provide some input here. So if anyone can find out how this works let me know.

Also, while your at it, could you tell me where the heck it would fit

[edit on 4/18/2008 by PlausibleDeniability]

damn this bbcode

I give up

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Oh ... Okay ...
Looking at the web page, they are converting water to HHO ... Brown's gas!
that makes alot of sense now!
Check these links out:

ATS Link

Brown's gas demonstrations on Youtube

Absolutely fascinating, yet unbelievable that we have not put this energy conversion to better use.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Go figure, I've been researching this for awhile (week) now. actually it is a scam, in the sense that there are open source projects all over the net. try PESwiki they can link you to some good info. Also try searching Powertube on youtube; I found this one to be quite interesting. I actually have a few technical questions I'd like cleared up before I drill into my air intake if anyone knows more about this process.

Try these Links
peswiki.com...
youtube.com... (start with Magdrive exposed)
peswiki.com...:Smack_Booster (some negative reviews here but I wonder if they just did it wrong or something. The diagrams look a little goofy to me. They possibly fudged them up resulting in a few failed experiments.)

Hope this helps ;P

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Actually the point is to increase the burning efficiency of the petrol (diesel, unleaded, whatever...). The petrol fuel is not burning 100% in the engine explosion so the exaust is still "dirty" with unburned fuel and other particles and you waste a lot of benzine... The system use electricity generate by the car engine to produce HHo gas from water through electrolyse and then mix the HHo gas with the air intake and then you will burn your petrol fuel at a better ratio and release a less polluted exaust air!!! Double your gas milleage as they said, and make less pollution. The problem is how much electric poewer does it need ??? Remenber physical law: nothing is created, nothing is lost, only change of state occured !!! So if it takes 10 % of your actual source of energy (petrol that become electricity) to then change water in a gas that increase of 50% the efficiency of the original process, Then the circle is done and it does work !!! you'll gain 49 %.
Think about the old cars that needed so much fuel for a low output power and consider the actual cars that run with much less fuel but get more power !!! it's a question of ratio and efficiency, but you still burn petrol !!!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by PlausibleDeniability

yes, you are right.
looking at the photo of your car.
there is no room on it.
not every new car has room for it.

you have to check room by yourself
on your car

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlausibleDeniability
I was looking for some blueprints or instructions of some kind but a las I found none. Perhaps I didn't look hard enough since I sort of half assed it considering the site looks like a scam. As a mechanic (well...I used to be) I figured I could provide some input here. So if anyone can find out how this works let me know.

Also, while your at it, could you tell me where the heck it would fit

damn this bbcode

I give up

my post was for here.
yes, you are right
not all modern cars have the room for
all these water hydrogen stuff.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by PlausibleDeniability

I've did extensive research on this, being an amature inventor.
A lot of websites are in fact, scams sadly but take a look at this site.

www.greenoptimistic.com...

The Japanese company Genepax has unveiled a car that runs exclusively on water. They even have a working prototype that was showed off in front of the press. They claim that using only one liter of water it can run with 80km/h. Their website, genepax.co.jp, is not ready yet with all the details of their technology (in fact, it’s only in a construction phase).

I find it hard to believe that it runs solely off water with no extra fuel though.

Brown's Gas - HHO has been patented twice from what I've found and the concept looks very do-able.
Browns Gas Patent

Make HH0 Fuel Saver At Home

I'm going to attempt to make one of these after/if I'm able to find work/food in the future.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
My son drives a 1999 Dodge Durango with a 5.9L V8 engine. It is big, comfortable and powerful, but a definite gas hog at 13mph city and 16mph highway. Over the past few months we have slowly worked his mileage up to about 17 city and 21 highway. Here is what we did:

1. Changed to a K&N air filter.
2. Bought a Dodge computer chip programmer and "tweaked" some of the computer settings.
3. Installed a HHO generator system from a company called "MagDrive". Link

The K&N air filter and the computer tweaks added about 2 mph. The HHO system added another 3 or 4 mph. The HHO system we bought cost about $600 and is not just a plan. The parts are all provided fully assembled and you just have to install them. It took us all day to install the system in his Durango because there wasn't much room to work with. The system draws about 10 amps when running. Since he has a 130 amp alternator it pretty much just uses amps that would be wasted. We installed a control switch on the dashboard to turn the system on and off at will. The electrolyte is distilled vinegar so we don't have to deal with any harsh chemicals.

The effectiveness of the HHO system is somewhat limited by the engine's computer. If it detects too much oxygen in the exhaust it interprets that as a too lean mixture and adds more gas. You have to install a small electrical component to adjust the signal from the oxygen sensor to compensate for this problem. We purchased this component (fully assembled) off the internet for about $60 but haven't had time to install it yet. Our goal is to get this Durango up to 24 mpg on the hwy. That would be pretty darn good for a 5000lb SUV.

I'm not a scientist so I can't talk about thermodynamics or why the HHO system works. We just tried it and got some positive results. There are a lot of scams out there and I have to admit I've tried a few things that did not work. My son doesn't have a car that runs totally on water, but for an investment of about $1000 we have increased his gas mileage by about 30%.

If my son and I can increase his vehicle's gas mileage by 30% using totally legal components we bought off the internet, it makes you wonder why the auto companies can't do the same or way better.

Hmmm - let me think about this one - -

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I'm not a scientist so I can't talk about thermodynamics or why the HHO system works. We just tried it and got some positive results. There are a lot of scams out there and I have to admit I've tried a few things that did not work. My son doesn't have a car that runs totally on water, but for an investment of about $1000 we have increased his gas mileage by about 30%.

hey 30% is a good saving to get this days. with high gas prices.
so, where can I go to get all this parts to get started?

does this take a lot of time?

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
The "Brown's Gas" device does work, and it isnt meant to be a replacement for gasoline or diesel. It SUPPLEMENTS the fuel by making the engine burn the fuel more efficiently, causing a more complete burn of the fuel, as well as increasing the potency of each fuel molecule, in turn giving more power per molecule of fuel than the fuel alone, and it also means less polllution because the fuel is burned completely.

Mine works great. Ive got it in my 86 Camaro with a 305 carbureted V8 and I get about 29mph in the city, and not only that, it has about 20 percent more horsepower than running just gasoline.

If your looking for plans for a Brown's Gas "hydrgen on demand" system, check out water4gas.com

Cheers!!!!

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by charles123

The site I mentioned above...water4gas.com has plans, parts sources, which 99 percent of the parts used can be found in hardware stores and auto parts stores.

And it doesnt take a nuclear science degree to make these things.

And it wont cost you 1000 bucks either.

I spent about 60 bucks for parts and about 6 hours to make my unit.

Cheers!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join