It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the Passion of the Christ coming out NOW????

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

Originally posted by ShiftTrio
I do think we need to get off the Jesus was black thing though, I do not think Jesus would like to be defined by any color,

Nope. If YOU did something amazing and 100 years later after you were gone, they have a statute of you with a different guy, different philosophies, etc. YOU WOULD BE PISSED because it isn't you. SO...NOPE. Not droppin it.

Not to mention I have NEVER seen a black person,

Where do you live?

SO I say no demonic forces here just a marketing plan so Mel can get some cash , draw good numbers in the US, and get to Direct Leathl Weapon 7

just my 2 cents..

That's demonic in itself.

Well the whole black thing just doesn't make sense, he would be outta place in his home town, he would be like you in Idaho. The people in that area were not Black. I mean they have art work and writing from that area skulls of people living there and forensic studies show he looked Arabic. Also I meant it as Jesus would tell you to stop, not because he was or was not black but because it has nothing to do with his teachings or plan, that's more what I meant. Like I said I do agree he was not White or Roman looking.. You saying that is just as bad as Cracker Joe saying He was white. And you seem alot smarter than Cracker Joe.

As far as never seeing a black person, it was supposed to be sarcastic. I was brought up in the projects in Harlem. And I was the only "White guy" In the building , what I meant was, I have never seen anyone with black skin, Some are dark brown but never black, get it =) Black is word that segregates people in the classes . White, Black etc.. Btw I have never seen a white guy too, and I got alot of Irish friends they are still kinda pink.

Quote 2 yes I guess that s kinda evil too, but Mel seems like a good guy and I doubt, Satan is backing this one. If he was he would made so Jesus looked like he didn't go through that much.

Hopefully you understand my comments more clearly now

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilblam
Alright, what about movies like "Armageddon" "Deep Impact" and the one coming out in about 2 months.. "Day After Tomorrow" about huge cataclysms wiping out our civilization... makes ya think! Oh and the Pentagon report... makes ya think some more!

I agree with you post 100%, lilblam. The only thing is that I hate it when people post exactly what I wanted to post. It's all good, though.

I just hope that all of these movies coming out in such close proximity to one another doesn't mean that there is in fact impending doom coming soon. I haven't heard of the "Pentagon Report", though. I guess I should do some searching...

"The Day After Tomorrow" looks REALLY good, though. I work in a theater and saw the trailer and movie poster. I'm SOOOO seeing that.

As for The Passion of the Christ, I'm also planning on seeing that as well. I want to see for myself if it is really Anti-Semitic or any of that. I am a Lutheran Christian and I personally don't blame the Jews of today for anything that the Jews of Jesus' time might have done. I go to church on a weekly basis and my pastor brought up this movie. A few members in the congregation grumbled when it was brought up. WHY? I have no idea.

I HAVE HEARD that Mel Gibson's father believes strongly in Anti-Semitism and supports the fact that the Jews are the ones to blame for Jesus' death & crucifixion, and that Mel is just a chip off of the old block.

WHERE DID I HEAR THIS?
I heard it from a friend when we (and a couple of other people) had a discussion about this movie on Monday.

That's my 2 cents...

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

EDIT: (ADDITION) I even heard that this movie is SO MUCH in detail in the part when they flog Jesus, that you can even see the flesh being ripped off of his body... **shivers**

I'll give my own review of this movie once I've seen it. (I'll probably do so this Saturday)

[Edited on 25-2-04 by prophetmike]

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Jesus is NOT balck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!everyone get that? and why not for the movie to come out now?

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673
Jesus is NOT black!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
everyone get that? and why not for the movie to come out now?

I JUST HAD TO SCALE DOWN THAT QUOTE'S SIZE...

I just read this after making my previous post...

I watched a Discovery Channel documentary, where they give fact that Jesus may NOT have been black, but dark skin (brown). Being that he lived in such a harsh, desert-like environment, he had to have been a rugged man, and not the pale, skinny Jesus which is standardly portrayed. Jesus STILL managed to carry the crossbeam of the cross even AFTER being flogged. Jesus (in MY opinion) had to have been a somewhat tough, thick-skinned fellow who had a darkish color to his skin. He certainly was not black, but was dark-skinned, as most (BUT NOT ALL) people from that area are.

That's just MY interpretation based on that documentary (which made A LOT of sense, btw).

I guess it's all just up to each other's personal opinions...

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by prophetmike

Jesus is NOT black!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
everyone get that? and why not for the movie to come out now?

I JUST HAD TO SCALE DOWN THAT QUOTE'S SIZE...

I just read this after making my previous post...

I watched a Discovery Channel documentary, where they give fact that Jesus may NOT have been black, but dark skin (brown). Being that he lived in such a harsh, desert-like environment, he had to have been a rugged man, and not the pale, skinny Jesus which is standardly portrayed. Jesus STILL managed to carry the crossbeam of the cross even AFTER being flogged. Jesus (in MY opinion) had to have been a somewhat tough, thick-skinned fellow who had a darkish color to his skin. He certainly was not black, but was dark-skinned, as most (BUT NOT ALL) people from that area are.

That's just MY interpretation based on that documentary (which made A LOT of sense, btw).

I guess it's all just up to each other's personal opinions...

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

Read my above posts, that is exactly correct, people of that area at the time were Arabic , more like modern Palestinians

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Jesus was a regular white person he was NOT black, or dark skined he was white!!!

[Edited on 25-2-2004 by AD5673]

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Jesus was a regular white person he was NOT black, or dark skined he was white!!!

[Edited on 25-2-2004 by AD5673]

Can you back up your opinion? and PLEASE, don't say "It's because every picture has him looking JUST like that" OR "Because the majority of people think he's white."

PLEASE BE CAREFUL NOT TO OFFEND ANYONE IN YOUR RESPONSE!

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

EDIT: Added disclaimer.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Ya see, ProphetMike. The truth scalds him. It burns him like the hellfire he will soon suffer. He can't accept the truth. It sears his brain and he has to lash out. Well, I have given MY proof from scripture that he was. DaTruth gave his proof from heiroglyphs of that time period, and McGotti gave his proof from biological and historical evidence THAT HE WAS BLACK.

What does that looney tune have?

NOTHING!

[Edited on 25-2-2004 by Colonel]

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Ya see, ProphetMike. The truth scalds him. It burns him like the hellfire he will soon suffer. He can't accept the truth. It sears his brain and he has to lash out. Well, I have given MY proof from scripture that he was. DaTruth gave his proof from heiroglyphs of that time period, and McGotti gave his proof from biological and historical evidence THAT HE WAS BLACK.

What does that looney tune have?

NOTHING!

[Edited on 25-2-2004 by Colonel]

may i see the proof,some links etc soo i may have my opionion on the matter?

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Please go through this thread. it gives a plethora of information and proof that supports our point:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   

I'm saying the Church has lied about the identiyt of Christ and if they lied aobu that what else did they lie about. Let's read the Bible and find out...wait, mel Gibosn has a move, let's see that and go back into the ether.

I'm confused. are you saying the Church lied by propogating the notion that Jesus wasn't black, or that Jesus wasn't the Messiah at all?

edit: I'm slow. you're saying the former, right Colonel?

and to the person who mentioned taking kids to this movie...hell no people shouldn't. kids under 10 shouldn't be in R-rated movies. (one: it's probably not good for them. two: they're less likely to sit down and shut the hell up)

[Edited on 2/25/2004 by MorningtonCrescent]

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
A few years back I started thinking about religion and thought the cross was an idol. Im glad that idea is more mainstream now.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MorningtonCrescent

I'm saying the Church has lied about the identiyt of Christ and if they lied aobu that what else did they lie about. Let's read the Bible and find out...wait, mel Gibosn has a move, let's see that and go back into the ether.

I'm confused. are you saying the Church lied by propogating the notion that Jesus wasn't black, or that Jesus wasn't the Messiah at all?

edit: I'm slow. you're saying the former, right Colonel?

and to the person who mentioned taking kids to this movie...hell no people shouldn't. kids under 10 shouldn't be in R-rated movies. (one: it's probably not good for them. two: they're less likely to sit down and shut the hell up)

[Edited on 2/25/2004 by MorningtonCrescent]

I am saying the former:the Church lied by propogating the notion that Jesus wasn't black,

Jrod: And the CROSS is an idol. A prophecy from Jeremiah:

Jeremiah 10:5
Like a scarecrow in a melon patch, their idols cannot speak; they must be carried because they cannot walk. Do not fear them; they can do no harm nor can they do any good."

He's referring to the Catholic cruxifix here in this prophecy.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I'd say it's coming out now because it's done.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 04:45 AM
link   
It's coming out now because we and in the end times of the era. Entering Aquarius and satans reign.

Jesus was some indeterminate color that logically and evidently WAS NOT BLACK.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Colonel, it's people like you who start all of those "holy" wars over the stupidest #. You're so close minded about this issue. Whenever someone says "Jesus might be arab, or non-black", you go off on them and tell them that they're wrong. I'm sure that when you got into your time machine and saw Jesus, he wasn't white. We may never know, and it really doesn't matter. The thing that matters is that he preached love and forgiveness, and was willing to suffer for what he believed in. Please just drop this "Jesus was a black man" issue. I'm sorry that catholics have shown Jesus as a white guy over the centuries, they can be real bigots sometimes.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
His color DOESNT matter you fuc*in morons....its the fact that the church that which you cliam to be holey has almost guarateed been lieing to you your whole life about who jesus really was.

why is that so hard to understand for some of you thick skulled idiots???

you have been lied too!!the color of jesus doesnt matter so why did the catholic church decieve you as they have....If you have been a christian for most of your life I bet that you didnt come to the realization that jesus may not have been white untill later into your teenage..probably adult life..Why did it take so long for you to understand he was not white??

Pople have overlooked all the reasons for the topic about jesus being black and were to stupid to understand the reasons for the discussion...

[Edited on 26-2-2004 by McGotti]

[Edited on 26-2-2004 by McGotti]

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
So, when the TV jesus that we all know and love shows up in the end, I won't say a word. You can all go worship him with your message.

But, when the real Jesus shows up...

Matthew 7

21"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   

So, when the TV jesus that we all know and love shows up in the end, I won't say a word. You can all go worship him with your message.

But, when the real Jesus shows up...

Matthew 7

21"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

You're getting the wrong idea from that. I am a Lutheran Christian and I go to church twice a week. All that quote says is "Only those who are real Christians will go to heaven. Those who believed Jesus was the real son of the Lord WILL go to heaven. But those who didn't, but then say PLEASE LET US IN, WE BELIEVE IN YOU won't, because they never believed in him before.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Oh, and also: The color of Jesus does not matter. Whatever color he is won't matter to me. You are acting racist right now trying to say "Hes black, black is better!" or "Hes white, white is better!" If you truely believe in him, it will not matter what his color is.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join