It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the Passion of the Christ coming out NOW????

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

Originally posted by lilblam

But, are there other forces at work????

Yes, there are other forces. They want to keep humanity in ignorance and want to maintain the huge lies and illusions to control us.

The anti-christ is what I'm referring to.

I can agree with that.

This may just be the first thing we agreed upon. A celebration is in order! Bring out the bubbly!

Oh alright let's see what else I agree with *you* on....

As per my understanding, and I give this high probability of being true in our reality... but I didn't say I believe it. It is:

Jesus was a real man, and he taught spiritual truths about 2000 years ago to the human race. Because God is all about TRUTH, not lies and deception, Jesus spoke in "in God's name" and was indeed the son of God.

The Church authorities took it upon themselves to corrupt and alter his teachings in order to achieve power and control (humans are ruled by their greed), although many of his teachings remained intact and true in the book we now refer to as the Bible.

God gave us MINDS so that we can USE them. Therefore, He EXPECTS that we do not ignore such an infinitely powerful gift, and use it to the best of our abilities at all times.

Ok how am I doing so far? All that I said so far I give a very very high chance of indeed being true, although I cannot say I "believe it" as I understand that reality is fluid and infinite, therefore it'll restrict my mind if I put barriers on it.

Oh oh and I agree that God is love, and without love you have nothing.

[Edited on 25-2-2004 by lilblam]

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
www.worldnetdaily.com...

Very interesting article, recommended reading

Will really help with this discussion!

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
We're on the same page.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Have you seen the Passion of Christ yet Colonel?

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Ashe Wednesday of an election year. Hmmm, yes why NOW indeed?

Why send advance copies to ministers? Why "rally" the troops (churches as it were)? Why during the beginnings of a gay right's movement and counter movement rooted in Constitutional amendments.

Having been in the works for years, and on the shelf for damn near EVER... WHY NOW INDEED?

Gibson is a Republican, anti-choice Catholic through and through since he stopped drinking. Yes, Jesus fans, Mel was a drunk just like Papa Bush. This is about ENERGIZING VOTERS.

PERIOD. (And making scads of cash.)

Get yer crucifiction nail Mad Max fans fer $16.99!

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada

No, but I will to give you all my "review."

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Ashe Wednesday of an election year. Hmmm, yes why NOW indeed?

There's an Ashe Wednesday every year. That's like freaking out because there was a Twilight Zone marathon on Thanksgiving (
).

Why send advance copies to ministers? Why "rally" the troops (churches as it were)? Why during the beginnings of a gay right's movement and counter movement rooted in Constitutional amendments.

To make sure the canon was correct.

And what was he supposed to do, wait until the gay-rights thing blew over? Stop reading into things so much.

Gibson is a Republican, anti-choice Catholic through and through since he stopped drinking. Yes, Jesus fans, Mel was a drunk just like Papa Bush. This is about ENERGIZING VOTERS.

Anti-choice, eh? I guess that makes you anti-life?

Bush isn't Catholic, and the fact that a president of ours AND a movie star we have heard of have imbibed alcohol at some point in time has no bearing whatsoever on your argument. You're grasping at straws.

PERIOD. (And making scads of cash.)

Gee, nobody in America has ever done that before...

*sigh* I'm done.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada

No, but I will to give you all my "review."

Can't wait. The reason I brought up it up is that I think everyone should keep their opinions of this film on hold until they've actually seen it. Just a thought, I could be wrong.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Xenographer, I wasn't making a step by step argument on some conspiracy... just giving you some facts.

Here's another one. If you don't think the ministers that got early copies of this aren't out now renting whole theaters for thier churches to see it and using this as a pulpit for Bush, you're blind.

I don't know where you are, but here in the south, you vote how your preacher tells you for alot of people. Don't be so obtuse thinking this couldn't possibly be used as an election tool for Bush. It is. I've heard it all around me already.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Woman dies of heart attack during viewing of this film. Link below

Side note: I talked to a good friend (devote christian) and he said the film was disgusting and full of nothing but senseless violence that would makes Pulp Fiction seem tame. He said the violence is especially bad considering in your mind you realize who it is being violated. Basically said it was one sodomy scene away from the worse movie in history.

Here is the article
www.kake.com...

[Edited on 2/25/2004 by nativeokie]

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I think he proved my point.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I do think we need to get off the Jesus was black thing though, I do not think Jesus would like to be defined by any color, Not to mention I have NEVER seen a black person, I have a friend from Kenya and he is close in the summer, but mostly brown =).. I do agree though that Jesus is not the man we all have been brought up to see. White guy.. I say he would look more like a modern Palestinian, who actual live allot like galiea was back then. Just my thought.

But if we can get past the color part. and see the movie as a tale of a man who went through hell (literally) for us (if you believe in that kinda stuff) then its a good movie I bet, Could he have found at least an Arabic man to play him, sure.. But he does want to make money now =) .

SO I say no demonic forces here just a marketing plan so Mel can get some cash , draw good numbers in the US, and get to Direct Leathl Weapon 7

just my 2 cents..

Peace

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by nativeokie
Woman dies of heart attack during viewing of this film. Link below

Side note: I talked to a good friend (devote christian) and he said the film was disgusting and full of nothing but senseless violence that would makes Pulp Fiction seem tame. He said the violence is especially bad considering in your mind you realize who it is being violated. Basically said it was one sodomy scene away from the worse movie in history.

Here is the article
www.kake.com...

[Edited on 2/25/2004 by nativeokie]

Imagine what Jesus and everyone of his followers felt like , if you cant hack a movie to see the pain this man went through, well then I wouldn't expect a seat at the right hand, or left hand for that matter =)

[Edited on 25-2-2004 by ShiftTrio]

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Obviously this movie came out when it did to get $$$. Thats why all movies are released. If there was no money in it, we would have no movies. Showbiz, ya know.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShiftTrio

Imagine what Jesus and everyone of his followers felt like , if you cant hack a movie to see the pain this man went through, well then I wouldn't expect a seat at the right hand, or left hand for that matter =)

And that in fact could be true, except all the church groups are telling people to take their children. WTF?? If it is this violent it is irresponsible for someone to take a child. Just like any rated R movie. But I guess that is a whole other topic

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
Obviously this movie came out when it did to get $$$. Thats why all movies are released. If there was no money in it, we would have no movies. Showbiz, ya know.

Cinema is an art, like music. Sometimes "musicians"(rappers, hip hop artists) put out "music" (rap and hip-hop). Just to make money. But sometimes musicians(yo-yo ma, joshua bell, 80s metallica) will put out music for expression. I think the Passion is a movie put out so Mel, and other christians, can express themselves.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   

And that in fact could be true, except all the church groups are telling people to take their children. WTF?? If it is this violent it is irresponsible for someone to take a child. Just like any rated R movie. But I guess that is a whole other topic

Why's it so bad to take your kid to see this movie? Isn't it good to deny ignorance?

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Yea that aint so right but then again, they havent been so good with the kids latley.. Ohh someone was gonna say that.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I do think we need to get off the Jesus was black thing though, I do not think Jesus would like to be defined by any color,

Nope. If YOU did something amazing and 100 years later after you were gone, they have a statute of you with a different guy, different philosophies, etc. YOU WOULD BE PISSED because it isn't you. SO...NOPE. Not droppin it.

Not to mention I have NEVER seen a black person,

Where do you live?

SO I say no demonic forces here just a marketing plan so Mel can get some cash , draw good numbers in the US, and get to Direct Leathl Weapon 7

just my 2 cents..

That's demonic in itself.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
A little tip from an insider: Don't f**k with the Christ! He kicks some ass and of course suffers more than you can be told in less time than you can understand. Needless to say that equals a LOT of pain!
Besides, a little reminder IS in order if you consider the whole story
now isn't it? Peace!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join