It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the Passion of the Christ coming out NOW????

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I was just thinking. Whyis this movie coming out now? What's the significance? Then, it sturck me. Now, people are beginning to question the doctrine of the Catholic church. People are actually reading the Bible and seeing that Jesus just might be black, you are strictly forbidden to worship any idol or symbol---even the cross, the Jews may not be the real Jews.

To overcome this, the bad guy employed Gibsonto put this move out to get people back into the ether and it seems to be working....

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Or maybe because Mel Gibson was finally financially secure enough to do a movie like this on his own dime!

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Ut oh. I sense trouble coming!!

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
I was just thinking. Whyis this movie coming out now? What's the significance? Then, it sturck me. Now, people are beginning to question the doctrine of the Catholic church. People are actually reading the Bible and seeing that Jesus just might be black, you are strictly forbidden to worship any idol or symbol---even the cross, the Jews may not be the real Jews.

To overcome this, the bad guy employed Gibsonto put this move out to get people back into the ether and it seems to be working....

I really hope MORE and MORE people begin to QUESTION more doctrines, and figure out logically and using their God-GIVEN mind that it's all bull# and propaganda, LIES created to control them. The sooner humanity learns the truth, the sooner we can become free.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
But, Why? AANd wouldn't it please Satan to make such a film that ONLY focuses on the bloody aspect of his life?

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
It's to focus on the hell that Jesus Christ endured while he was being martyred. See what he went through when died for us...

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
it's coming out now, to help reinforce Christian and Catholic beliefs. Many feel we may be at the end of the times,with the current events of the world, so this movie was made to strenghten the faith of those who believe this particular ideology and convert some who maybe on the borderline.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   

But, Why? AANd wouldn't it please Satan to make such a film that ONLY focuses on the bloody aspect of his life?

Are you saying the movie does NOT reinforce the beliefs of the Church, but rather somehow undermines them?

Humanity ARE Satan, unless you forgot

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Alright, what about movies like "Armageddon" "Deep Impact" and the one coming out in about 2 months.. "Day After Tomorrow" about huge cataclysms wiping out our civilization... makes ya think! Oh and the Pentagon report... makes ya think some more!

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Because Mel's been wanting to make this movie for years and he finally had the backing available to make it. It's not as if he just got up yesterday and said "I'm going to make a movie about Christ".
These things take years of planning and reworking.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilblam

Are you saying the movie does NOT reinforce the beliefs of the Church, but rather somehow undermines them?

I'm saying the Church has lied about the identiyt of Christ and if they lied aobu that what else did they lie about. Let's read the Bible and find out...wait, mel Gibosn has a move, let's see that and go back into the ether.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I'm saying the Church has lied about the identiyt of Christ and if they lied aobu that what else did they lie about. Let's read the Bible and find out...wait, mel Gibosn has a move, let's see that and go back into the ether.

Sadly, we cannot go to some "authority" and ask what the BIBLE lied about... other than our own minds.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
P.S.

What do you have to say about the Last Temptation of Christ?

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
But, are there other forces at work????

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
P.S.

What do you have to say about the Last Temptation of Christ?

It was a decent movie.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Yes, there are other forces. They want to keep humanity in ignorance and want to maintain the huge lies and illusions to control us.

The anti-christ is what I'm referring to.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I dont see y you would have a problem with this. all the major preachers and ministers aprove of this and say it reflects doctrine quite well. And yea if i had the money I would also like to make a movie about christ if i could. Like stated before it shows the extreme love he had for us when he went through this entire ordeal. It shows his passion for the human race that even tho all that gory stuff happened he still endured it for you and me. ANd this is jsut a focuse on the last 12 hr. I think that was a smart move because this part of the bible can be seen by all types of people of differnt faith and give them an idea of how christ loved them.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Yes, there are other forces. They want to keep humanity in ignorance and want to maintain the huge lies and illusions to control us.

The anti-christ is what I'm referring to.

I can agree with that.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quicksilver
I dont see y you would have a problem with this. all the major preachers and ministers aprove of this and say it reflects doctrine quite well. And yea if i had the money I would also like to make a movie about christ if i could. Like stated before it shows the extreme love he had for us when he went through this entire ordeal. It shows his passion for the human race that even tho all that gory stuff happened he still endured it for you and me. ANd this is jsut a focuse on the last 12 hr. I think that was a smart move because this part of the bible can be seen by all types of people of differnt faith and give them an idea of how christ loved them.

But, why see it when you can read it?

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
And the Church HAS in fact lied.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join