It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars: close up of pyramid?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Could some of you guys/girls give an opinion on this picture!
Isn't this a bit to much like a pyramid?

Looks a lot like an eroded pyramid to me?

This is the source:
link

Look also at nr 1 and 2.
nr 1 looks like a unknown object
nr 2 is maybe a bit far fetched but looks like a Egyptian statue.

Never seen a pyramid structure so close in this detail from mars.

This looks more like a pyramid then some of the pyramids in egypt.

Google earth: 29°34'29.21"N / 31°13'30.38"O

[edit on 15-4-2008 by johndoeknows]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I wish we had pcitures this clear of the Moon.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Yeah ,could be, but most people will disagree anyway. I am totally convinced that there is tampering going on for all Mars and Moon images.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Great find

Now the next question is there anything else near it in the area that can collaborate this ?

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by FIFIGI
Yeah ,could be, but most people will disagree anyway. I am totally convinced that there is tampering going on for all Mars and Moon images.

Do you seriously expect that a bunch of planetary geology geeks at U Arizona are engaged in a massive covert operation? These aren't exactly yer crewcut salute-and-obey types....

A lot of the people I know in this field are out-and-out hippies. They would scream bloody murder if someone tampered with science data, and would LOVE to find any evidence at all of extraterrestrial life.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
You realize that link you posted is of a CRATER right?

I cant believe people in this thread would blindly believe its what you claim it is without even clicking your source link...

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by donk_316

I checked the link I am not blind

see I'm typing this while I am seeing it! maybe that's a new conspiracy
Blind man typing responses

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Great find

Now the next question is there anything else near it in the area that can collaborate this ?

I have an image which is very close to this one with "This is a pyramid" written into the sand!! Coincidental? I think not!!

seriously though, how is that a crater, the light on it shows elevation, not depression? more than glad to be shown otherwise though.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   

It is actually a top... but yes, it is situated in a crater. The lighting supports the OPs viewpoint. However these can be cause naturally by erosion over time.
So the presence of a pyramid shape doesn't have to be something out of the ordinary.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by voices1776

I wish we had pcitures this clear of the Moon.

I'm pretty sure we do have pictures this clear of the moon, we just can't see them. If we don't, it's pretty pathetic. I know there are some this clear from pre Apollo, but none since.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by donk_316
You realize that link you posted is of a CRATER right?

I cant believe people in this thread would blindly believe its what you claim it is without even clicking your source link...

I see a question mark in the title: this thread is less otrageus than some thousands ones in Aliens & UFOs forum, so a nice start would be to attack the people whos injecting deliberate hoaxes rather than to attack a fellow member who's sharing an image that in his/her opinion shows something out of the ordinary, NO MATTER if it turns out to be a bunch of rocks.
If you think that a thread is not worthy of your contribute, then remeber that you can simply carry on: no on e is forcing you to post here at every cost.

reply to post by johndoeknows

johndoeknows, thank you for sharing your find and for providing source and exact location of the formation in question.
Please, for the next times, remember to specify if the image in question is map-projected or if isn't, cause its appearance is reversed and one may have hard time in order to retrieve it

There's an interesting article Aeolian processes at the Mars Exploration Rover Meridiani Planum landing site (it's not fully accessible) which explains some of the aeolian processes in which the area in question is involved.
In the case in question, we have a formation which original shape is unknown, and that is being constantly hit by winds blowing mostly in the direction indicated by the arrows in the image below:

Opportunity is (more or less) there: it allowed scientists to find out more about that specific area:
here there's another interesting paper:
Localization and Physical Property Experiments Conducted by Opportunity at Meridiani Planum

The location of the Opportunity landing site was determined to better than 10-m absolute accuracy from analyses of radio tracking data. We determined Rover locations during traverses with an error as small as several centimeters using engineering telemetry and overlapping images. Topographic profiles generated from rover data show that the plains are very smooth from meter- to centimeter-length scales, consistent with analyses of orbital observations. Solar cell output decreased because of the deposition of airborne dust on the panels. The lack of dust-covered surfaces on Meridiani Planum indicates that high velocity winds must remove this material on a continuing basis. The low mechanical strength of the evaporitic rocks as determined from grinding experiments, and the abundance of coarse-grained surface particles argue for differential erosion of Meridiani Planum.

Finally, about your two points:

nr 1 looks like a unknown object
nr 2 is maybe a bit far fetched but looks like a Egyptian statue.

1) It IS an unknown object

2) It IS very far fetched

I look forward to see your next thread here, and once again, thank you for sharing your find.
Internos

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

thank you internos: as always your candor and insight are greatly beneficial to us all, or at least to those of us who do seek to deny ignorance in a calm and logical fashion. a star for you my friend.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by johndoeknows

I think one thing that could give the unknown objects a bit more credence is if they were close to an ancient water source such as an ocean, lake or river because if were suggesting pyramids built by intelligent beings, you would expect that they would situate their cities and monuments near sources of life sustaining water such as we do.

Just a thought

IRM

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   

When you use the link the first thing you see is a small portion of a very large picture. The full pictures are on the right use the jp2 IAS viewer for a quick and high res view.

IAS viewer

Then you will see the pyramid!

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Lighting of the object does not look like a crater. It looks more like a protruding object.

reply to post by disownedsky

Yes, I seriously believe the gov't, more like the military, censors all these photos and data. Research into US Navy's Clementine Probe (en.wikipedia.org...).

This probe was sent to take pictures of the moon. It took 2.1 million photos of the moon. 1.8 million of these photos were deemed classified. Only 180,000 of these photos were declassified and released to the public. Plus, those pictures that were declassified had tampering. Serious tampering.

What is on the moon that needs to be classified?

new topics

top topics

join