It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alright,let's hear it-Best UFO video's/DVD's/Books?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I am getting ready to add to my library folks,and would like to get everyone's opinions on what you guys feel is the absolute BEST(in terms of legitimacy,and quality evidence and information)video,DVD,and books on the subject of Aliens and UFO's.Let's hear it!

[Edited on 2-4-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11thdimension
I am getting ready to add to my library folks,and would like to get everyone's opinions on what you guys feel is the absolute BEST(in terms of legitimacy,and quality evidence and information)video,DVD,and books on the subject of Aliens and UFO's.Let's hear it!

www.cassiopaea.org... has my vote.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I think my High school yearbook had the most pictures of real aliens than any other book I've seen.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Dude, I dont know if it was real or not , but a remember a while back, like in 96' or something they had this cool video on a whole family getting abducted by aliens.
It was on UPN i think, and at the end this guy was holding this camera and filming it and the alien came up to his room and got em, as well as the rest of the family.

Sh*t i cant remember what it was called and unfortunatly I think i'm the only human on earth who remembers it. But anyway, it was pretty cool video, but it could have been fake, or it could of been real, who knows

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilblam

www.cassiopaea.org... has my vote.

Any particular Video/DVD on that site?

Come on guys,I know you guys have some good ones,don't hold out on me!LOL

Tell me about that one DVD or Book that absolutely MAKES your collection.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Jim Marrs, the author of a number of books that would be of interest to visitors of this site, wrote what I think is the best UFO overview I've ever read - Alien Agenda.

Marrs goes over an astonishing number of reports and developments, touching on the well-known incident at Roswell, NM, the MK-12 papers, Project Blue Book, all the way to a mysterious "airship" tale from the 1890's in a little town in TX, I believe.

Toward the end of the book he starts to get a little radical, and some of his concluding theories don't necessarily follow as logical extensions of the evidence he presents, but the research itself is impeccable.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher_Don
Jim Marrs, the author of a number of books that would be of interest to visitors of this site, wrote what I think is the best UFO overview I've ever read - Alien Agenda.

Marrs goes over an astonishing number of reports and developments, touching on the well-known incident at Roswell, NM, the MK-12 papers, Project Blue Book, all the way to a mysterious "airship" tale from the 1890's in a little town in TX, I believe.

Toward the end of the book he starts to get a little radical, and some of his concluding theories don't necessarily follow as logical extensions of the evidence he presents, but the research itself is impeccable.

Just picked up Alien Agenda,can't wait to read it...Another good one I would recommend is The Day after Roswell by Col. Philip J. Corso,it has some really good info in it.

Any others?

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Should have been posted in the Web-Related Forum under the sub-forum heading of under Media Uploads or Other Resources of Information.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Timothy Good, a British researcher, wrote one called (oddly enough) Above Top Secret which was interesting and well documented.

There was also an excellent film called The Roswell Incident that I'd love to get my own hands on if I get the chance.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Should have been posted in the Web-Related Forum under the sub-forum heading of under Media Uploads or Other Resources of Information.

seekerof

It was.One of the mods just moved it over here.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Although I have not read it, I understand "Disclosure: Military and Government Witnesses Reveal the Greatest Secrets In Modern History" is excellent.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I concur with my fellow posters.

Disclosure by Greer
www.disclosureproject.org...

The Day after Roswell by Corso
www.v-j-enterprises.com...

but I'd like to add

Above Black by Sherman
www.aboveblack.com...

Good's 'Above top secret' is a bit dated now...

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by senshido
I concur with my fellow posters.

Disclosure by Greer
www.disclosureproject.org...

I now take everything Greer writes with a grain of salt now. Greer went around saying he "briefed" the former CIA director James Woosely back in the 90's. Later, Woosely sent out a legal note to Greer and others saying that Greer distorted what actually happened and made the 'dinner party conversation" seem like something it was not. I really like the disclosure project's purpose, but Greer tends to get a little "out there" and exagerates a bit. At least it seems that way to me. IIRC, even Edgar Mitchell asked to have his name not associated with Greer anymore. (if you do a google on the legal note, you should be able to find it)

A good read is "The Dreamland Chronicles." It takes a non-judgemental look at the UFO community, culture and examines the various stories and claims. Very cool book.

Another is Stanton Friedman's book on the MJ12 papers. (Can't remember the exact title) He is definitely one of the most thorough UFO researchers out there.

And yet another: Kal Korff's "Roswell, what they don't want you to know." A debunking book, but it makes a lot of interesting points on the allegations surrounding Roswell as well as bringing up alot of facts on the witnesses that I have never read anywhere else. (I like to hear both sides)

[Edited on 2-4-2004 by Facefirst]

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Good stuff guys!Looks like I will be adding Above Black to the list.

Facefirst-I agree with you on Friedman,he leaves no stone unturned,and he is one of the few great 'debaters' of ufology,who will take on all comers from the debunkment factions.Very bright guy.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by grankor
I think my High school yearbook had the most pictures of real aliens than any other book I've seen.

LOL
Really crazy looking people eh?

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11thdimension

[Edited on 2-4-2004 by John bull 1]

Although its not alien/UFO related (heh, unless you believe the Bush's are reptilians), the BBC Documentary "Bush Family Fortunes" has my vote for the best expose. You can easily find the video via a quick search on Google (I also posted a working link to it in another thread a week or two ago).

Tells everything they have proof regarding, including the dee-bo'd election, the bankrupting of the state of California, ties to the Bin Laden family, etc.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 02:31 AM
link   
The book I love is Colin Wilson's Alien Dawn (1998). The way he runs UFO tales together is kind of annoying at times, yet I can grab this book and page to anywhere and get lots of UFO stories and he'll suck you in until the end of the chapter. Informative and entertaining. He never pushes any idea on the reader but just allows you to follow along and think.

Better get a book on the drug '___' since the greys appear in those "trips" claiming they have been waiting for the experiencer: The '___' Molecule (the author fails me and I have loaned the book out) was one I read.

John Mack's books and Timothy Good are very important authors in the field also.

Overall, I'd have to say the British do a much better job of UFO research. However, Nick Redfern's 3 Men Monster book is pretty poor...just read it and I felt like I just read about 3 drunk school boys on a road trip that don't accomplish a damn thing but Nick writes a book to make some money; very bad.

DVDs? Videos? I think you would have to stick with stuff off of The Learning Channel and maybe Sci-Fi channel's Rendleshem and Kecksburgh reports.

I still can't stand that part of the movie Signs when Mel Gibson is in the field at night with the flashlight...gawd that brings back freaky memories as a kid when I grew up on a farm running around at night and sensed something was watching me. Still hate that feeling...

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher_Don
Timothy Good, a British researcher, wrote one called (oddly enough) Above Top Secret which was interesting and well documented.

He wrote an updated version of the book and renamed it "Beyond Top Secret". I've read it a few times and it does seem to be a lot less sensational than many others I could mention. Definitely on my top ten list.

Cheers,
Grey Pilgrim.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
A couple of recommendations I'll put out there are:

Book-"UFO's and The National Security State"by Richard M.Dolan.It's a lengthy read,but quite informative,and he backs up most of his material with facts and official documentation.

DVD-"Ultimate UFO!The complete evidence"...Lengthy DVD with nothing but wall to wall video clips from all over the world,from the 1940's all the way through the late 90's.Has some wild airliner/UFO clips,as well as NASA clips of anomolous objects.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Don't everybody hate me, but I think "Mothman Prophecies" is a great UFO-related book. Keel's theory about UFOs as actually being a more natural rather than alien phenomenon is unique and quite logical. Note that the movie of the same name, while a very good movie, does not really go into Keel's theories very deeply at all. It's a cheap book and quite a good read.

Also, I picked up a crop circle book called "Secrets in the Fields" that has a similar theory to Keel's ideas�that being that crop circles are created by some kind of natural intelligence that we can't really understand yet.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join