It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alright,let's hear it-Best UFO video's/DVD's/Books?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Mothman Prophecies was a great read!John Keel puts out some very fascinating material,he also has another book that delves into other creatures of folklore such as bigfoot,werewolves,demons,etc..

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I know I have mentioned this book before on ATS, it's called Communion: A True Story. Regardless of what you think of Whitley Strieber, himself the book is really well written.

The other series I have gotten into is by Robert Doherty called Area 51. It is a series of nine book centering about aliens and technology. EXCELLENT series of books. If you are looking for something "fun and enjoyable" give the first book, Area 51 a shot. You will be hooked. I am on book 5 at the moment: Area 51: The Grail.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Just finished up Communion Oswald,and I agree,it is very well written,and Streiber presents some very unique and interesting viewpoints on his personal experiences with the abduction phenomenon.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by senshido
I concur with my fellow posters.
The Day after Roswell by Corso
www.v-j-enterprises.com...

If you gonna read Corso's book, by all means please read The Roswell UFO Crash : What They Don't Want You to Know by Kal K Korff afterwards.

It's just better for you, you'll have a better view of the overall Roswell incident.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   

If you gonna read Corso's book, by all means please read The Roswell UFO Crash : What They Don't Want You to Know by Kal K Korff afterwards.

It's just better for you, you'll have a better view of the overall Roswell incident.

Excellent,will do Senshido...Is it along the same lines as Corso's,regarding the distribution/reverse-engineering of ET craft parts among the various military sects,or a different take on it?

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11thdimension

Excellent,will do Senshido...Is it along the same lines as Corso's,regarding the distribution/reverse-engineering of ET craft parts among the various military sects,or a different take on it?

11th,

The Korff book is a debunking book. It is the only debunking book to have kept my attention for the whole read. Most of those authors usually seem to have an ax to grind whereas the Korff book is not viscious or condescending towards Roswell, just right to the point. I recommend it.

The jury is still out for me though.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Ahh I see,so it's just providing the counter-balance to the issue.Does he end up going with the weather balloon theory?It's difficult for me to firmly choose a certain side of the fence on Roswell,particularly with all the flip-flopping that went on with our military regarding the issue.I mean,it very well may be something that was of a non-ET origin,but still had national security at stake,but here we are nearly 60 years later and still no truth is known,which seems an AWEFUL long time to keep a secret,even if it were something such as a soviet vehicle/probe,or even one of our own top secret operations.But that's just my opinion.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11thdimension
Ahh I see,so it's just providing the counter-balance to the issue.Does he end up going with the weather balloon theory?It's difficult for me to firmly choose a certain side of the fence on Roswell,particularly with all the flip-flopping that went on with our military regarding the issue.I mean,it very well may be something that was of a non-ET origin,but still had national security at stake,but here we are nearly 60 years later and still no truth is known,which seems an AWEFUL long time to keep a secret,even if it were something such as a soviet vehicle/probe,or even one of our own top secret operations.But that's just my opinion.

IIRC, he goes with the non-ET, US secret project/security cold war Soviet theory. But, the reason to read the book is because he does shed alot of light on facts that seemed to have been over looked by others.

I have not read it in a while, I need to dust it off and give it a good look-over.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
you must read "extra-terrestial Friends and Foes"
author: George C. Andrews

ive read some of the other books mentioned and there good reads but this is the one that blew my mind for reasons i wont mention here but if u2u me i will tell you my reasons..

The first chapter "The stonewalling of high strangeness"
will grab you and you probably wont put the book down until your conciousness decides its time for beddy bye

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I think it's important to have a historical perspective on the subject. Richard Dolan's book 'UFOs and the National Security State' is a good place to start. You learn how far back the subject goes (possibly centuries) and about our human reaction to it. After that you can verify the history for yourself by reading the older source material by Donald Keyhole and the CIA-NICAP crowd.

The institutional response to the UFO/ET subject is what I find most interesting. We presume to live in a open society that values free speech and the exchange of information. Terry Hanson's book 'The Missing Times' blows that illusion right out of the water. We live in a controlled pseudo-environment. While a lot of our ignorance is self-maintained, some of it externally enforced. The UFO/ET issue illustrates our tenuous relationship with reality like nothing else. It's a mind-bender.

The richest source of current information is found in the Disclosure Project material. Heres an opportunity to hear living first-hand witnesses, many of whom are military and industry insiders, describing recent experiences and events. It doesn't get any better than that. Everyone should be making full use of this opportunity to learn from these people and question them in greater detail. Not only can you read their stories, you can also watch them on video. A lot of information is conveyed via body language, voice inflection, and context. Some of these guys are getting on in years. It's a tragedy they aren't being given more opportunities to speak publicly about this. Thank God the Disclosure Project has given them a wide audience. I hope all public libraries are stocking up on these books, videos and DVDs.

I like many other books such as the ones by Corso, Kevin Randle, Timothy Good, and the like, but a lot of them are too case specific and speculative. There's also a lot of stuff out there that seems more like fiction, and although I love good fiction much of it isn't in the "good" category.

[Edited on 8-4-2004 by Condorcet]

I forgot to mention the book 'Unconventional Flying Objects' by former NASA engineer Dr. Paul Hill. Although it explains UFOs in terms of the science understood 20 or 30 years ago I found it a very compelling, still very relevant read.

[Edited on 8-4-2004 by Condorcet]

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Hey thanks,it's always good to get a balance from both sides before coming to conclusions,and Roswell is one of those events that just seems to be teeming with theories/info from every faction out there.It may never be officially disclosed 100%of what actually occurred,but it is fascinating to try and find the pieces of the puzzle.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Watcher-That ones going on my 'to-order' list.

Condorcet-Just ordered Disclosure Book and DVD,waiting for it in the mail,along with Above Black

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   

With Roswell, the game is being played out like this:

- Witnesses, and more witnesses stating something strange 'crashed', a few first hand, most second and third hand testimony.
- Corso is one of those, although he has way more credibility than Marcel

- The Mogul crowds, includes KK & US military reports

At this point, so many years have passed, fact & fiction have converged to form a myth, the Roswell myth.

Personally, this is just my opinion, I think it may of went something like this:

- Mogul ballon debris found, Marcel reports to him superior

- His superior, can't divulge the top secret Mogul info, needs to find a cover story. Hmmm what to do. Then it hits him, Blanchard, that guy who spotted these things a couple of weeks ago, Kenneth Arnold was it? That's it, I'll say it was one of those!

- And since Ramey wants to show something, we'll actually show a weather balloon to the press.

Fast forward to the 70's, a couple of ufo author's spin the tale of what today is Roswell.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I think the Mexico City sightings during the eclipse were the best video footage taken. Many people all over town saw and recorded the same object.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Just finished reading,"Above Black".Fascinating to say the least.A very short,taut read,but doesn't cost much,so it's worth the money IMO.If what he says is true,then it only helps to reaffirm that the government is not only working with the greys but sanctioning them experimenting on abductee subjects.Too bad he didn't have face to face meetings with his telepathic contacts.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
If you get a file transfer program like Ares and do a search for ufo's you can find some really good videos and clips etc. Some look authentic ?

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Martin Stubbs is a former cable TV station manager from Vancouver in Canada who, over a period of five years, used his station�s satellite array to record 2,500 hours of space shuttle transmissions via NASA�s downlink.

While these don't have any wild stories like some of the others mentioned they are real recordings that show unidentifiable objects that appear to be intelligently controlled. Some of the short clips you see all over the net came from these. Don't bother with the internet videos as most of the resolution has been taken by compression.

At the time these were taped NASA's downlink was not encrypted and there was no delay - this is no longer the case. There is one scene from a shuttle mission where the astronauts become excitingly interested in objects through the viewports, shortly after they are given a doublespeek command which quickly changes their behavior. There's a couple that show some interference with their work in space from an object that slices a cable on their experiment and another anomalie that appears right before the airlock door mysteriously becomes jammed in the locked position.

While there's no way to tell from the real storys & the fictional ones this one is not spooky, mind blowing or anything it's just real. It make you go ah, I think we need to study these & figure out what's going on.

Note: There seem to be at least a couple different types. None are crystal clear and one type appear to pulsate in & out of view at a regular rate which could be mechanical or biological.

[Edited on 25-4-2004 by outsider]

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Heres some oldies but goodies.
Bud Hopkins>> Whitnessed**
Jim Mars> Alien Agenda**
Timothy Good> Alien base**
Colin Wilson >Alien Dawn
John E Mack >Abduction**
Whitley Sreiber> communion(has many)
David Jacobs> The Threat
Nick Pope >>Too many to list
Alot of these authors have multible books check them all out.One fringe book that is kind of a fun read is
Courtney Brown >>Cosmic Voyage and its second volume which is really out there.
hope this helps
P

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Excellent list Parker,I just picked up "The Threat",and "Witnessed" by Budd Hopkins,so it looks like I have some heavy reading ahead of me.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I have another recommendation for video:

"The Edge of Reality"-Documentation of a Huge Triangle craft in Illinois that appeared on January 5,2000,and was witnessed and investigated by multiple Law Enforcement Agencies,whom which have bravely decided to come forward with their reports.Definitely hard hitting,as it's rare that LE officials will risk their reps and jobs to disclose such info.Video is available at:

www.dbarkertv.com...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join