It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judas Iscariot - is he in Heaven or Hell ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Jesus HAD to be betrayed by Judas as the prophesies demanded it. Without Judas there could have been no crucifixion.
Judas was't stupid, he was a trusted disciple. He knew the prophesies and was almost certainly a willing participant. It goes against logic to believe that Judas acted for money alone - fulfilling the prophesies was what the whole story was about. As a disciple, Judas didn't need money (thier were many rich benefactors to the group) and although the Bible tells you that he stole, he was more than likely just the treasurer for Jesus' group. Money going missing was added later to make Judas look as if he was fully playing the part required of him.

It's highly likely that the betrayal of Jesus by Judas was planned between the pair of them. Jesus certainly knew of it and Judas was also aware that he was expected to fulfill his part.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 06:15 AM
link   
My first answer is:

I don't know.

But here is my opinion based on what the teachings of Christ are, and the mercy that God shows.

I believe he was saved by Christ's death just as any one before Christ who was faithful to God and listened when Christ witnessed during those 3 days were.

Christ told all 12 at the Last Supper that they would be heaven with him. He didn't exclude anyone. Also, in the Revelation all 12 of the apostles sit near the throne. Some argue that the 12th apostle is Paul and that Judas never was an apostle and I say to this - hogwash.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
There seem to be some scriptures that imply just that, just as Cain and one other (the Roman soldier that stuck the spear into Christ...creating the Spear of Destiny), are rumored to be cursed with walking the world forever...

Interestingly enough, I've even seen this idea exploited in two different films, Seventh Sign, and the latest Dracula spin....

Would you like to share that scripture with me? The Bible is no mystery to me, and I have not read that verse. God doesn't have people's spirits wander around after death. I'd like to see to what you refer!

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
Come on, Judas must be in Heaven, if JESUS Can't FORGIVE him, what's the point of the religion then????

Plus the fact that it was to have been pre-ordained already by GOD.

Pre-ordained? I'm not going to say that it wasn't or was, I'll just point out that a prophecy is insight on what happens in the future, not that incidents are pre-ordained by God. From the begining when Adam and Eve broke stupid, God knew how this was going to play out, but it doesn't mean it was pre-ordained.

There was no need in any attempts to make the event fulfill prophesy, it fulfilled prephesy because the the event had already taken place to the omniscient God, and was foretold through a prophet to occur sometime on our straight timeline.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
judas went to Heaven, he was chosen by jesus to fufill his purpose for comming to earth someone had to betray a perfect man that fell on
Judas.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
judas is dead, (non existent)

and no, just because jesus knew he would betray him doesnt mean he was doing jesus a favor.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Pisky

Jesus is Judas. You don't go willingly if someone has to turn you in.

"Let not the left hand know what the right hand is doing".

He called the 12 "to himself". He is the beginning AND the end.

He bears the light, because he is the light bearer...Hilel

There were always two sacrifices. One was for atonement and the other called the "scapegoat" which they would place hands on to signify the sin being transfered to the goat, then they would send it into the wilderness to die.

Jesus is the Original fight club. "I am Jesus unrelenting zealot" - Judas/aka Jesus

Peace

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
Jesus HAD to be betrayed by Judas as the prophesies demanded it. Without Judas there could have been no crucifixion.
Judas was't stupid, he was a trusted disciple. He knew the prophesies and was almost certainly a willing participant. It goes against logic to believe that Judas acted for money alone - fulfilling the prophesies was what the whole story was about. As a disciple, Judas didn't need money (thier were many rich benefactors to the group) and although the Bible tells you that he stole, he was more than likely just the treasurer for Jesus' group. Money going missing was added later to make Judas look as if he was fully playing the part required of him.

It's highly likely that the betrayal of Jesus by Judas was planned between the pair of them. Jesus certainly knew of it and Judas was also aware that he was expected to fulfill his part.

What prophesies fore told that? Are you talking about the psalms? David was speaking of what he was going through, not someone 600 years in the future. His own son had "lifted his heal against him" Absolom.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Pisky

God says he creates for his purpose and Glory, some to glory and some to hell

Although i suppose there is no way of knowing. I belive Jesus choose the one that Satan entered and i would hope (im at work and not reading it) that like the thief onteh cross, forgiveness was givena t the last moment

david

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by robertfenix

robertfenix:

I agree with your version of what happened. Judas did betray Jesus and did sin by doing what he did. Now, I believe if Judas had not let Satan get a hold of him to do the deed, that Satan would have found someone else. Just a thought. I still believe that Judas had a choice.

Now, when he told Christ what he had do he did indeed get redemption for his sin against Christ. Like when Peter, denied Jesus 3 times, he let Satan enter his heart, but Christ forgave him, when he asked Peter 3 times if he loved him.

I believe that Judas could have gone to heaven IF he had not killed himself. A big no, no, should not have done that. His body was the temple and he destroyed the temple.

But only the Spirit of God searches the hearts of us all and only he knows what is in our heart when we breathe our last breath.

Peace to all,
Grandma

top topics

<< 1   >>

join