It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel threatens Iran with destruction

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Israel threatens Iran with destruction

www.presstv.ir

An Israeli minister has threatened Iran with destroying the country if the Islamic Republic launches 'an attack on the regime'.

"An Iranian attack against Israel would trigger a tough reaction that would lead to the destruction of the Iranian nation," National Infrastructure Minister Benjamin Ben-Eliezer said, AFP reported Monday.

The minister, a member of prime minister Ehud Olmert's security cabinet, stressed however that Iran was unlikely to attack as "they understand the meaning of such an act."

The threats come amid speculations that the Israeli regime is preparing for another war in the Middle East.

Israel has taken steps to isolate Iran in the international community alleging that the country has threatened it with annihilation, after the Iranian President called for the ouster of the regime.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit: title]

Headline: Please use the original story headline from your source. If the headline is biased or otherwise inapporpriate, provide a descriptive headline that is accurate and reflects the article you're submitting. Submissions with inaccurate, biased or otherwise deceptive headlines may be removed.

[edit on 7-4-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Needless to say, Israel's threats of Nuclear Holocaust on Iran are thinly veiled. When will the rogue regime of Israel be forced to disarm it's WMD stockpile ?

www.presstv.ir

[edit: title - accuracy]

[edit on 7-4-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
The Samson Option is allready widely known - and includes all coutries in the middle east and even includes Germany.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ergoli

Yeah, what a threat!

But i don't think Isreal will disarm, as long as they are allied with the U.S.!
I feel like maybe they are the pit-bull of the middle east, and the U.S.
likes them there...

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ergoli

Needless to say, Israel's threats of Nuclear Holocaust on Iran are thinly veiled. When will the rogue regime of Israel be forced to disarm it's WMD stockpile ?

www.presstv.ir

So because Israel doesn't want to be wiped off the map, from the pages of history, or whatever spin the doubters try to put forth, they should be disarmed? Why shouldn't they have the right to self defense, when there are a lot of folks in that region that don't have their best interests at heart?
It's amazing to me that you take it as a negative, that Israel would say that if attacked by Iran, then there'd be a tough response. What would you think would be a more appropriate thing for them to say?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueRaja
So because Israel doesn't want to be wiped off the map, from the pages of history, or whatever spin the doubters try to put forth, they should be disarmed? Why shouldn't they have the right to self defense, when there are a lot of folks in that region that don't have their best interests at heart?
It's amazing to me that you take it as a negative, that Israel would say that if attacked by Iran, then there'd be a tough response. What would you think would be a more appropriate thing for them to say?

They have a right to defend themselves against attack, but they don't have the right to cause destruction to other innocent countries that are not involved in their disputes. To say they do is ludicrous.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

So if you were the Israeli spokesperson, what would you say to Iran, with regards to them considering attacking Israel?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueRaja

I said we'd reply in kind, not that I'd nuke their country. That's
overkill. You're also forgetting that Israel has been screaming for the World to attak Iran over their "alleged" nuclear weapons program, when they themselves have over 200 undeclared nuclear warheads.

Sorry, but I believe disarmanent should be unilateral. Why doesn't the US, or the World for that matter demand that they allow inspectors into their country to inspect their undeclared Dimona nuclear reactor, and their illegal weapons programs?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
i just wish they would finally start a war and get it over with..all the problems in the middle east would be over with once and for all....

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

How many preemptive wars has Israel launched against its neighbors with the goal of annihilation? The fact of the matter is that the only reason Israel's neighbors behave themselves(and this is used very loosely), is that Israel has a very potent bargaining chip- screw with us at your peril.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   

a few Decades ago israel started the war with its neigbours by launching a pre-emtive strike.

i find comments from Israeli supporters Jokes though

Iran threatens Israel if Israel attacks Iran in any shape or form, Israeli supporters are up in Arms

Israel Threatens Iran if Iran attacks, Israel Supporters up in arms that people are condeming Israel.

talk about double standerds

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by fatdad

if your the US then not really as the Israeli Lobby group would prob drag the US down the road of hell into a full out war.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Does this really qualify as a threat? They are not threatening to attack unprovoked or pre-emptively. Rather, they are saying they would attack "if attacked first."

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Can you not discern that there's a difference between threatening to attack, and threatening to respond to an attack? This is a pretty simple yet important distinction, which seems lost on many here. There's no double standard being applied. If Israel had threatened Iran without provocation, then that'd be different. Israel has never called for the destruction of Iran, or claimed it to be an illegitimate state. All Israel wants is for things to stop blowing up in its streets. They're perfectly willing to peacefully coexist with their neighbors. It's their neighbors who aren't willing to peacefully coexist. It's a case of all or nothing, with no compromise.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
a few Decades ago israel started the war with its neigbours by launching a pre-emtive strike.

Are you talking about the Six Day War?

You are aware of what lead to the pre-emptive strike, right?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

And which preemptive war would that be I wonder?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   

i dont know, now which war did they flatten their air force of egypt and so on in one swift strike?

mmmmh thats a hard question,

any ideas mr/mrs Raja

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Israel violates human rights daily(Palestinians), territiorial rights of other countries frequently (Jordan, Iraq, Lebanon, Syria, Egypt), and in 1981 destroyed Iraq's Bagdad reactor program.

Now why aren't inspection demanded for their illegal nuclear programs?
Don't sidestep the question this time, please.

[edit on 4/7/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   

your joking right?
so all those times Israel has threatend Iran with pre-emtive strikes on its facilities and so on doesnt count as a threat

or all those times Israel has aquired new Bombs that are designed for attacking Iranian Facilities from the US isnt a threat

list goes on

Israel isnt a saint and neither is IRAN

Both countries have threatend each other
both countries have threatend each other if one attacks another.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

First of all, i find those "destroy" threats being ping-ponged around between Iran and Israel a bit unnerving. I would like the big boys on both sides (including mine) to relax.
But! The threats have a direction and origin -as kids say to each other - "you started it". In 2005 nobody threatened Iran with attack and still:

"As the Imam said, Israel must be wiped off the map," said Ahmadinejad, referring to Iran's revolutionary leader Ayat Allah Khomeini.

english.aljazeera.net...
I am sure that you do not support such a threat, especially since nothing was said by Israel at the time.
However if someone decided to strike Iranian nuclear facilities, i guess that old "if you have to shoot - shoot ,don't talk" applies. So i am not totally pessimistic. Threats are much worse then discussion, but still better then graveyard-kind-of silence

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join