It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't want to be a moderator.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I want to be a member. I want to participate in the forums and interact with the members as a member. I don't want people to look at me and treat me differently or agree with me cause they thinks it what I want to hear, or disagree just because I'm a moderator. I just want to be treated like the member I am..................But until we live in a perfect world and members learn to behave absolutely civil towards one another and mods are not needed, I will be here!
I just wanted to remind everyone that we are all members here on ATS and we each have a great responsiblity as proud members to just be cool to each other, which for the most part we do on a daily basis! We should all take pride in that fact that being extremely civil and helpful to one another has been a big part of what has made this site such a huge succsess. Also, I have seen lots of our members showing great patience with some of the newer guys who may not yet be familiar with the rules around here.
( I remember a time when I wore a warning tag for calling someone a moron back in the day
but I soon learned) Great job guys, it's great to see you guys giving the noobs friendly encouragement to be cool instead of chastising them. It warms my heart
You are all a great bunch of guys and gals and together we make one of the best sites on the internet! Here is to each and every one of you Sorry about the headline but I wanted you attention to be able to tell you Thanks! Stay Cool and others will follow!

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kleverone

klev,

I try to treat moderators as fellow members when they are involved in a thread. When there's equal discussion between members/moderators/administrators I don't feel threatened.

However, when a moderator steps in to give a warning or make an "official statement," they are set apart. I do not try to get involved at that point.

The moderating staff do a great job keeping this place civil. It must be pretty tough work most days as I see quite a few heated discussions turn ugly mighty quick.

Just know that the members here support the decisions made by the moderators and we know its in our best interest to follow the T&Cs.

"Stay cool ** you know the rules, Stay cool, stay cool..."

[edit on 4/6/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Always thought of you as being really cool (not that the other Mods aren't
)

I like reading your posts and never think i am reading a Mods post...just Kleverone.
In fact, just before i read this thread, i saw "I think i have found the tree of knowledge" thread....and my first thought was...ooook...then i saw it was by you and clicked on it. Very interesting by the way. Should really reply in that one.

Anyway, my point being, Mods are there when you need them but they are, of course, still members. You get the point

[edit on 6-4-2008 by geek101]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Aww, how sweet!

I'll treat you like a member, alright!
I treat everyone pretty much the same, I think!
I try and be good!

...and your doing a nice job being a moderator, keep it up, and keep me in line!

Darn, I thought you were going to be one of us for a moment!

*Courtney*

PS. I like your podcasts

[edit on 4/6/2008 by Givenmay]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I think the point might have gotten missed along the way. Klev is giving the membership a pat on the back. I have to agree with his statement. We've got a great bunch here.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Phew !!! You had me worried for a moment, I thought you were throwing in the towel.

Great tactic by the way ... sure they'll be stopping by for a read in their droves. And brilliant OP really get's the point across. I too was awarded a red warn flag shortly after I joined ... got it about 5 mins after being applauded for my contribution to the thread gained 500 points (I was so proud) ... lost 500 points (but learned my esson).

Woody

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I thought this was a very public resignation. Damn you, klev!

But I'm with 'trep on this one. We've got the best.

Our members have a very high standard for one another. Let's call it the "Tiger Woods" syndrome. If Tiger finishes second in a tournament, people consider it a failure. So if ATS hasn't authored something absolutely ground breaking or jaw dropping in a few days, everyone is hitting the emergency button.

Since the day I've signed up here, I have always been very proud to be considered a member of this great community.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Since the day I've signed up here, I have always been very proud to be considered a member of this great community.

This really hits the nail on the thread IMHO. The level of discussion here at ATS is far and above anything else out there. Its why I wandered in in the first place.

kleverone is spot on about helping new members. Each person brings thier own unique insights and experiences to our mix. ATS is such a different place that some need help making that transition. We all were new once, and a kind word here or a link to the quoting guidelines there can make a huge difference

In every forum there are members whos posts and isnsights I must see no matter what the topic. ATS was, is and always will be a reflection of the collective excellence that has been in place before I joined

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
However, when a moderator steps in to give a warning or make an "official statement," they are set apart. I do not try to get involved at that point.

That's exactly right and it's why we always ask the Moderators to never "Moderate" a thread they are involved in. Can we do that 100% of the time? No, but I think we do a pretty good job of it. The teamwork of the staff here is second to none.

There are times when someone will post a blatant violation of the TAC and a moderator who is involved with the thread will act, that's fine. I've seen drama started over member assuming they got "dinged" or warned by the Moderator they were debating but in fact the warn came from another staff member after many staffers reviewed it.

In any case I agree with Kleverone, we DO have the best Membership/Community online IMHO and we like to think it's in no small part due to the excellent work our staff tries to do every day.

Springer...

[edit on 4-6-2008 by Springer]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
I thought this was a very public resignation. Damn you, klev!

I just couldn't help it.....I figured it was also a great way to get the members attention as well and let them know that we are people just like them with feelings

Also wanted to let them know that we appreciate them and their contributions to ATS.

Big shout out to the staff here as well.
Can never get enough of those. Oh and for the record. I'll never resign!!!! NEVER! mmmmhhoooooohhaahahahahah!

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I treat everyone as if we are on equal footing. This holds true for ATS, for my job, and for my personal life in general. Title does not impress me or alter my opinions of anyone. If nothing else, you can be sure that I'll treat you as I would treat anyone here.

/tn.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   

That's exactly right and it's why we always ask the Moderators to never "Moderate" a thread they are involved in. Can we do that 100% of the time? No, but I think we do a pretty good job of it. The teamwork of the staff here is second to none.

This is a good point. On the other hand, I have seen moderators doing their job and someone takes this as being a personal assault. When you get a controversial thread people tend to think censorship of fowl content is the equivalent to being a 'naysayer' or something along those lines. Then they attack the mod, and the mod can't ethically defend themselves. I think moderators should have a bit of leeway in this regard.

and to the OP, I wouldn't want to be a mod either. In some sense you have 'power' but to many, mods are seen as 'the ultimate soothsayer' or automatically get special treatment. I am not saying that mods are not 'ultimate soothsayers' (mods are mods because of excellent membership and constructive input) but having "Super Moderator" under your name gives you an extra boost of attentiveness.

Plus, mods have to deal with the weekly version of "ATS is full of CoIntelPro" or the ever popular "ATS sucks" with a heeping helping of "God is Fake you NOOBZ!"

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
In some ways we are all Moderators.

Members that respect the T&C of ATS moderate themselves, and those that hit the "ALERT" button when we see a problem are moderating others.

We have a great community with standards that need to be upheld, standards that define what holds the community together. I think it's up to every member to act as a Mod at times, cause really, the Mods can't be everywhere all the time on such a large forum.

In my eyes the Mods are always members first and Mods second.
I've been sorry to see some become too absorbed by their duties to post very often, but that may just be part of the transition.
I imagine it's a pretty thankless job at times...

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Hey!!!!

Thanks for the "PAT ON THE BACK"

We really are a great bunch aren't we?

"ATS MEMBERS RULE!!!!!"

Semper

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The Mods on ATS do a superb job. Although many people wish to be Mods i expect they dont understand the effort put in here by "TEAM ATS" and how a much difficult task it is. But alas they work hard so we keep entertained and amidst our discussion.

JOB WELL DONE GUYS AND GALS

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Hey Klev! I hear ya man! I know exactly what you mean. That being said, I am proud to be a fellow mod with the likes of you. I only wish I was as cool as you are. Just stay the man you are. Stay cool Bro'.

[edit on 6-4-2008 by lombozo]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
No worries kleverone. Everyone has a job to do. At least that's what I told the the Parma cop last week doing 51 in a 35. I was cool, he left me off with a seat belt violation instead. Though we both know I had it on. 70 bucks no pts. I thanked him profusely. How is the 60's chevy (impala?) coming along homes? Could you update the pics? I know you wanted a new ragtop and rims.
Peace out.
If we just let anyone do any speed they wanted on roadways or cyberhighways havoc and wreckage would follow closely.
Edit sp 'of couse'

[edit on 6-4-2008 by jpm1602]

[edit on 6-4-2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
How is the 60's chevy (impala?) coming along homes? Could you update the pics? I know you wanted a new ragtop and rims.

Stolen from the shipping yard in Los Angeles two weeks ago

but that is for another thread another day.....

When I'm able to talk about it without wanting to smash my head through a wall. :bnghd:

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

Thanks buddy. I appreciate that! Right back at ya pal!

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   

no worries there
i have always treated Mods as i would any other member

maybe with one or two i mods i dont really joke around with and only interactb with when i have done something wrong or something

but thats mainly due to the fact that they dont like it

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join