It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raelian Conspiracy to Overthrow Religion

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ThreeNF

Then I'm afraid we're going to have to agree to disagree.

Has it made any difference?
Since the 70's over 150,000,000 female children have been aborted or murdered after birth in China, as a result of the One Child Policy. It's destroying their society. The end result of not applying moral imperative
to any question related to human society, is that it eventually has drawbacks
that are unforeseen by those making the decisions, either deliberately as a form of social engineering or as the result of our inability to see the big picture. Regarding the passage of time, we are complete idiots.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Exactly science and knowledge has made life easier for us in many ways. But it has not improved us morally at all. In fact it has probably made us worse.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by ThreeNF

Then I'm afraid we're going to have to agree to disagree.

Has it made any difference?
Since the 70's over 150,000,000 female children have been aborted or murdered after birth in China, as a result of the One Child Policy. It's destroying their society. The end result of not applying moral imperative
to any question related to human society, is that it eventually has drawbacks
that are unforeseen by those making the decisions, either deliberately as a form of social engineering or as the result of our inability to see the big picture. Regarding the passage of time, we are complete idiots.

Do you mean education? Well, that assumes that you think the quality of education the China people have received with respect to family planning is good, and I don't believe that is the case. Nor is the quality of birth control or access to it good. However, I remember reading that China has recently (last 5 years?) devoted more resources to education and investigation of alternative forms of birth control. In time, I hope it does get better.

Anyway, the reason I said "agree to disagree" is because we could spend weeks ping ponging back and forth, and not really get anywhere. I don't agree with your point of view, nor do I think it can possibly provide any value added to society, which is what I'm sure you'll say about my point of view

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I don't agree with your point of view, nor do I think it can possibly provide any value added to society, which is what I'm sure you'll say about my point of view

True, however, I'm hoping beyond hope that someone intelligent enough (such as yourself) is capable of doing the math. The principles of "religion" are primarily about rising above the situation in which your life and your spirit is couched. Yes? We are more than simply biological beings, we are also sentient beings and capable of acting on more than pure instinct.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ThreeNF

Originally posted byThreeNF
We don't "worship" sex and it certainly isn't how one defines a Raelian.

I think you do. As evidenced by...

I think the problem is that most people are sexually REPRESSED, because society, churches, etc. tell you it's wrong. Stupid. To be sexually "obsessed" means your body and mind are functioning correctly.

To be sexually "obsessed" does not mean your body and mind are functioning correctly unless you are an adolescent. For an adult, it means you are a sexually obsessed or addicted as defined below.

The term "sexual addiction" is used to describe the behavior of a person who has an unusually intense sex drive or an obsession with sex. Sex and the thought of sex tend to dominate the sex addict's thinking, making it difficult to work or engage in healthy personal relationships.

Sex addicts engage in distorted thinking, often rationalizing and justifying their behavior and blaming others for problems. They generally deny they have a problem and make excuses for their actions.

www.medicinenet.com...

edit: I apologize pervert was the wrong word. I changed it to sexual obsession/addiction

[edit on 4/10/2008 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
reply to post by ThreeNF

We don't "worship" sex and it certainly isn't how one defines a Raelian.

I think you do. As evidenced by...

I think the problem is that most people are sexually REPRESSED, because society, churches, etc. tell you it's wrong. Stupid. To be sexually "obsessed" means your body and mind are functioning correctly.

To be sexually "obsessed" does not mean your body and mind are functioning correctly unless you are an adolescent. For an adult, it means you are a sexually obsessed or addicted as defined below.

The term "sexual addiction" is used to describe the behavior of a person who has an unusually intense sex drive or an obsession with sex. Sex and the thought of sex tend to dominate the sex addict's thinking, making it difficult to work or engage in healthy personal relationships.

Sex addicts engage in distorted thinking, often rationalizing and justifying their behavior and blaming others for problems. They generally deny they have a problem and make excuses for their actions.

www.medicinenet.com...

edit: I apologize pervert was the wrong word. I changed it to sexual obsession/addiction

[edit on 4/10/2008 by Bigwhammy]

No, we don't. You misunderstood what I wrote. It's natural to have sexual desires, but many people repress them because of the public opinion, church, etc., telling them that "sex" is bad, morally wrong, don't do it until you're married and other silly nonsense. So what is actually their natural level of sexual desire, is considered "obsessed" by others. Actually, I think the people that try to repress it in others are actually upset that they don't get enough, and they would rather not see someone happier than themselves - a behavior that demonstrates no love at all. I never understand why some people get jealous when they see someone they love, loving another person. Don't be angry! Be happy - be happy because the one you love is happy!

If you really want to know how a Raelian thinks and behaves, then come to a seminar where our prophet RAEL himself is present. I guarantee that you won't be disappointed. You'll see that we don't worship sex, but rather love and tolerance for others. You might even decide to leave the Catholic/Christian/whatever church

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

I don't agree with your point of view, nor do I think it can possibly provide any value added to society, which is what I'm sure you'll say about my point of view

True, however, I'm hoping beyond hope that someone intelligent enough (such as yourself) is capable of doing the math. The principles of "religion" are primarily about rising above the situation in which your life and your spirit is couched. Yes? We are more than simply biological beings, we are also sentient beings and capable of acting on more than pure instinct.

I agree - we are (or should be) much more than beings acting on pure instinct! Or in different terms, beings that think with the "back" of our heads
An extremely important and fundamental part of our philosophy is meditation - something I think prayer used to mean, but has been lost over the years. Raelians use meditation as a means to train and think with our consciousness - the front part of our brain. I do it everyday!!

www.sciencedaily.com...
www.livescience.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ThreeNF

I never understand why some people get jealous when they see someone they love, loving another person.

I am not sure what you mean by loving. I do not think I define love the way you do. It sounds like you are pleased by your spouse of significant other sleeping with other people then?

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   

reply to post by ThreeNF

I never understand why some people get jealous when they see someone they love, loving another person.

I am not sure what you mean by loving. I do not think I define love the way you do. It sounds like you are pleased by your spouse of significant other sleeping with other people then?

I won't get angry if it happens, yes. That's because I don't see love and sex as the same thing. Everyone should love everyone, regardless of sex, color, race, etc. If everyone loved each other like they love their own children, we would be much better off!

Sex on the other hand is just physical play. I believe I mentioned this before. If my spouse decided to have sex with another person and it made them happy, then yes, I would be pleased (happy) for the both of them. There is simply no valid reason for me to be angry or jealous about it.
It's there bodies and their experience!

Raelians don't agree with today's concept of marriage because it creates a contract between two people who will eventually feel forced to love each other because of that contract. People are living beings who are bound to change because they are alive. It doesn't make any sense to sign a life long contract that says I'll only be with you for the rest of my life. Soon science will extend the lifespan of humans, possibly by many, many years. Does it really make sense to stay with the same person for say 100 years?

Raelian couples do exist and there are celebrations for "marriages", but it isn't a life long contract. It's just simply an agreement between the couple at that time. However, at any time the couple begins to feel the harmony between them disappear, they will separate. We call this a Raelian divorce and there is a celebration for it as well
This is because Raelians are smart enough to understand that it doesn't make any sense to stay together and be miserable, but rather part at a time when the memories of their time together are happy memories. Unfortunately, many traditional couples will stay together because of that artificial contract, even when children are involved. They think by doing so that it will be better for the children, but in reality it's far worse because the child will be exposed to constant bickering, hostility, etc. It's better for the child to be with only 1 parent and in harmony, rather than with both parents in discord.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Bigwhammy
There is a conspiracy to replace belief in God and the human soul with the belief we are the product of Alien scientists, substituting "aliens" for God.

Serioisly i don't see how this belief system could be more out going then the belifs of Christianity....

Christianity believes in:

Invisible god - all knowing /all-powerful ( creates a paradox) whom we will exist with after we die for all eternity

Jesus Christ - who is god but not god at the same time and will bring the apocalypse wiping out humanity to hell and picking only a certain amount to heaven (chosen few)

Holy ghost - the spirit who is somehow god and Jesus Christ all wrapped into one...

everyone being born as sinners (so baby's are sinners)

when we die and we've gone against the teachings of the bible we'll be sent to hell for all eternity to suffer through torture for all eternity.

This Raelian religion:

Explains that we came from aliens - there's more proof for aliens then there is for god eg - look at mikesingh’s threads and just the fact that Europe, Titan and mars seem to support life or have at some point in the past....

So there’s already more evidence for our creators as aliens then god.....

Alien makes contact with this dude in the 70's – Project-Camelot interviews support claims that aliens have been around for a very long time on earth...

I don't personally believe in either religion - but I’m giving simple examples of how much more logical this religion is then Christianity....

[edit on 11-4-2008 by andre18]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThreeNF

Are you saying that some people don't belong, or aren't worthy of your religion? I hope I'm reading that wrong

My my my,, whammy told me to check out this thread, and I could swear I was reading about so many of the New Ager's in Sedona AZ. They are a lot like I am reading here. A self serving quasi existentialist / hedonist philosophy predicated on many of the "good" parts of this or that religion without the lifestyle cramping aftertaste.

They think they have better sex more varied sex, and they enjoy mixing all kinds of emotional risk with sex to the point the emotion gets easier to deal with till eventually it becomes necessary to make it interesting at all.

Watching your woman getting banged by someone you can watch while you know personally what pleasure she brings to you is one way to express ones homosexual proclivities vicariously through you main momma, or is it mommy? It really doesn't matter and while I understand the rationale for coming up with the "everyone else is sexually repressed" , you don't miss what you never had and isn't that the point?

That having someone, the same someone who you no longer have to compete with the other males or can't really enhance yourself esteem by earning that phenylethlamine high you used to get in courtship.

I see religion bastardised into perversions of Christianity a lot where I live. I have seen what Warren Jeffs did with Mormons using Religion to secure harems of very young girls but his would be the antithesis of the one you are in Voyeuraliens or whatever they call it.

I guess a lot of people with that kind of bent find a religion that can offer like minded needs for sexual promiscuity a very spiritual epiphany.

The affirmation of spirit food by the Grand Poohbah of Rael would have many finding the religious Raelian roll in the hay with those others who have a higher evolved concept of Eros an attractive alternative.

Especially, when compared to that mundane missionary style sex, shot gun married Christians force their clitorally mutilated and muted submissive wives to perform.

I mean you guys have really taken it to a whole new level of emotional pain. No no no I'm not talking about that kind of pain. I am talking about the kind where your poly addiction to mixing the chemicals of emotional anxiety, emotional jealousy can be manifested in so many ways rather than the typical kill the bastard / bitch jealousy turned rage.

We are so compelled to own our partners to ensure our security.

I mean that must have been why man the idea of monogamy was invented. That it had nothing to do with a reason behind the real reason?

Perhaps a brain meme that could keep fathers around to supply much needed resources for food and clothing to assist a mothers already busy job of raising children.

So umm Raelians have any Day care benefits for,, ya know, "accidents" or do they have another option when one of them is faced with the inevitable displacement of affection when mistakes for furtility furnishes family forms of flesh. What about post partem being so problematic or do Raelians have the disposal of fetal medical tissue figured out too.

Sex the alchemy of lust or to confuse the strength of your sex addiction for the strength of your love is so much more harmonious where cooperation supplants competition replacing sexual compliance via exclusivity with a higher capacity for a more enriched sexual experience.

The free love and sharing of mutually accepted sexual addicts invariably use the same logic that looks so Vogue on the outside yet is so Vague on the inside.

I know the philosophy and it gets to be the darkest chapter of your sexual history as one pushes the envelope from the sexual exploration richter scale extended sexual orgasms to sexual exhaustion the price of an overworked pineal gland, blown synapse and incredibly complicated sexual triggers too complex for arousal.

Finally frustrated by fetish too far out for friends finished off by the fathoms deep philosophy that goes,

If beauty is only skin deep, then,

I want beautiful skin.

- Con

[edit on 11-4-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ThreeNF

I won't get angry if it happens, yes. That's because I don't see love and sex as the same thing. Everyone should love everyone, regardless of sex, color, race, etc. If everyone loved each other like they love their own children, we would be much better off!

I agree, sex is not love. It is a ritual which expresses love and the coalescence of the soul and body. However you miss that sex is an expression of happiness, not a source of happiness.

I agree you should love your neighbor as you love yourself. Hmmm where I have I heard that before?

Sex on the other hand is just physical play. I believe I mentioned this before. If my spouse decided to have sex with another person and it made them happy, then yes, I would be pleased (happy) for the both of them. There is simply no valid reason for me to be angry or jealous about it. It's there bodies and their experience!

Oh it sounds so “evolved”. You expect us to believe that if your lover where to sleep with someone else it would not hurt your feelings? I have lived long enough and observed human behavior enough to not believe you.

Sex is so much more than “play.” Sex was designed by God for the propagation of the human race and to be an expression of love inside a marriage, between husband and wife. It carries heavy baggage as undo has already tried to show you. You think that birth control makes you immune, but it often fails. It also doesn’t prevent many STDs . It is also powerless against the psychological and moral decay that results from promiscuity.

Promiscuity 'fuelling HIV spread'
More needs to be done to persuade people to have fewer sexual partners, according to leading HIV experts.
They said encouraging people to have fewer partners would result in fewer HIV infections.
Writing in the British Medical Journal, they said little effort has gone in to tackling the issue in recent years.
They said the message appears to have been lost, as campaigns put the emphasis on abstaining from sex or using condoms.
The experts, who include officials from the Global Fund for Aids, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and the US Agency for International Development, said efforts in some countries to address the issue had paid off.
news.bbc.co.uk...

Raelians don't agree with today's concept of marriage because it creates a contract between two people who will eventually feel forced to love each other because of that contract. People are living beings who are bound to change because they are alive. It doesn't make any sense to sign a life long contract that says I'll only be with you for the rest of my life. Soon science will extend the lifespan of humans, possibly by many, many years. Does it really make sense to stay with the same person for say 100 years?
Raelian couples do exist and there are celebrations for "marriages", but it isn't a life long contract. It's just simply an agreement between the couple at that time. However, at any time the couple begins to feel the harmony between them disappear, they will separate. We call this a Raelian divorce and there is a celebration for it as well This is because Raelians are smart enough to understand that it doesn't make any sense to stay together and be miserable, but rather part at a time when the memories of their time together are happy memories. Unfortunately, many traditional couples will stay together because of that artificial contract, even when children are involved. They think by doing so that it will be better for the children, but in reality it's far worse because the child will be exposed to constant bickering, hostility, etc. It's better for the child to be with only 1 parent and in harmony, rather than with both parents in discord.

Since the 1960s, modern liberalism has sold promiscuity, promising liberation. Instead, the sexual revolution has produced only degradation and exploitation. As a result today's concept of marriage is pretty close to what Raeliens believe. It is not marriage at all. Marriage is a covenant between the couple, their families, and God. If people were to keep the marriage bond sacred as God intended, there would be no divorce, abortions, STDs, and children who do not know their parents. Promiscuity is undermining the structure of the family unit and causing a plague of immorality and disillusionment on society.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Oh it sounds so “evolved”. You expect us to believe that if your lover where to sleep with someone else it would not hurt your feelings? I have lived long enough and observed human behavior enough to not believe you.

Why should it? The reason why people feel that way today is because we've been brainwashed into thinking that way since they day we were born. Everywhere you look (TV, books, movies) etc., will always portray a person getting angry when their "significant other" is sniffing around. Stupid! So the anger or hurt feelings is simply a reaction (thinking with the back of the brain) due to neuronal connections created by the media, church, society, etc. Unfortunately, once those connections are in place it is very hard to break them. Use your consciousness, the front part of brain! Train it! Meditate! Then you'll begin to experience happiness in a completely different way

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Sex is so much more than “play.” Sex was designed by God for the propagation of the human race and to be an expression of love inside a marriage, between husband and wife. It carries heavy baggage as undo has already tried to show you. You think that birth control makes you immune, but it often fails. It also doesn’t prevent many STDs . It is also powerless against the psychological and moral decay that results from promiscuity.

That I can't agree with, nor will I ever. The Elohim created us out of pleasure for the purpose to experience and enjoy pleasure ourselves. Sex isn't just about procreation and doesn't have to be between man and women only.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Why should it? The reason why people feel that way today is because we've been brainwashed into thinking that way since they day we were born. Everywhere you look (TV, books, movies) etc., will always portray a person getting angry when their "significant other" is sniffing around. Stupid! So the anger or hurt feelings is simply a reaction (thinking with the back of the brain) due to neuronal connections created by the media, church, society, etc. Unfortunately, once those connections are in place it is very hard to break them. Use your consciousness, the front part of brain! Train it! Meditate! Then you'll begin to experience happiness in a completely different way

You are the ones engaged in brainwashing. That's what "Train it!" means. What you are advocating is morally bankrupt behavior. It is not a new or original idea. Ancient Greece and Rome tried similar experiments. Historically it always results in the destruction of the cultures that embrace it. You think you are evolving your concisenesses but it is exactly the opposite, you are devolving. You are behaving like wild animals. Most of them have indiscriminate sex.

Although they are not necessarily faithful Gibbon apes, wolves, termites, coyotes, barn owls, beavers, bald eagles, golden eagles, condors, swans, brolga cranes, French angel fish, sandhill cranes, pigeons, prions (a seabird), red-tailed hawks, angler fish, ospreys, prairie voles (a rodent), and black vultures are all animals that mate for life.

I like to think humans are capable of a little more than a black vulture. Black vultures discourage infidelity. Any other vultures in the vicinity will attack a vulture caught in infidelity.

source

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   

I can see cloning happening already... accelerated growth can probably be done with hormones and the like. But this "mind transfer" is another matter entirely.

Great thread Bigwhammy. I am alarmed at the idea of cloning. It seems to be sneaking into society more and more. We have cloned meat that some countries are eating. It is very scarey. I just wonder if being cloned alters your DNA so that you would be marked = the mark of the beast.

In the Rev it states that those who receive the mark are pretty much stuffed from that point on. Now, consider cloning with eternal life through scientific methods? I feel cloning is an artificial way and the other spiritual.

In 2006 I authored a thread about ETs attempting to abduct women for breeding. Now, it maybe crazy but the info I received seems to support the 'days of Noah' theory and the spiritual attacks on Christians and the Rael movement is certainly contrary to Christianity but so it Scientology. There does appear to be a subtle shift or move to turn people away from faith.

I guess my point is if people grab the eternal life option through cloning, then they reject Christ. Christ states Christians are 'resurrected' through the spiritual faith.

The other thing that came to mind as I read this thread was that in Genesis, it states God made made Eve from Adams rib. It also states that God (plural) made man in their likeness.

Just how did the plural God make us? Being made does not really provide 'how' we were made. Could it signal a medical procedure using dust? Then taking the rib from Adam and making Eve. Look at medical science now, humans have developed a way to 'grow organs' from tissue.

I don't embrace cloning or Rael for that matter but the creation set out in Genesis is very interesting.

anyway, kudos
to you for a thought provoking thread!

[edit on 11-4-2008 by Thurisaz]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   

You are the ones engaged in brainwashing. That's what "Train it!" means. What you are advocating is morally bankrupt behavior. It is not a new or original idea. Ancient Greece and Rome tried similar experiments. Historically it always results in the destruction of the cultures that embrace it. You think you are evolving your concisenesses but it is exactly the opposite, you are devolving. You are behaving like wild animals. Most of them have indiscriminate sex.

Although they are not necessarily faithful Gibbon apes, wolves, termites, coyotes, barn owls, beavers, bald eagles, golden eagles, condors, swans, brolga cranes, French angel fish, sandhill cranes, pigeons, prions (a seabird), red-tailed hawks, angler fish, ospreys, prairie voles (a rodent), and black vultures are all animals that mate for life.

I like to think humans are capable of a little more than a black vulture. Black vultures discourage infidelity. Any other vultures in the vicinity will attack a vulture caught in infidelity.

source

I think we are going to have to come to a point to agree to disagree
I don't have the time to ping pong back and forth in argument. Anyway, we aren't animals and to compare our sexual behavior to that of animals is meaningless. For example, doesn't the female praying mantis bite off the head of the partner before or during copulation? So does that mean women should but a bullet into a man's head after she's had sex with him?

Lastly, your perception of what is morally bankrupt won't be accepted by everyone. Part of the Raelian philosophy is inform people of the message, and not convince them. If you find the message appealing and would like to know more about it, then please by all means contact me so we can talk more. If you feel that you are happier with some other faith or belief system, then please stick with that. I'd rather you be happy elsewhere than unhappy with me
However, you shouldn't try to impose your belief or moral system on others because you feel it is right, without any regards to their happiness. You need to understand that not everyone is going to follow that antiquated value system, and you shouldn't get angry because of it. If they are happy with something else, then you should be happy too, rather than being unhappy because they don't agree with you.

[edit on 11-4-2008 by ThreeNF]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiriology

I think I need to read this a couple of times. I'm not sure if there is something meaningful here, or if it's just poetic babbling

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ThreeNF

Well I think your "Train It" statement pretty much exposed the true nature of the Raelien movement. I am not surprised to see you give up your defense. To believe and act as your "religion" teaches goes against the very moral fiber that is naturally ingrained in human beings. It is not an accident that although the worlds religions do not always agree on how many wives a man can have, they always agree that having another mans wife is wrong. Rael doesn't even get that right. It does require a high degree of "Training" correctly known as brainwashing to behave as you advocate.

Which is exactly the reason most sources refer to it as a "UFO sex cult".

To support that it is not just my opinion... consider Raels es wifes testimony:

I was married to clone cult leader Rael 15 years. He wrecked my life and our children's

The ex-wife of the 'alien messenger' who claims to have cloned human babies reveals how he abused and brainwashed his own family

I was married to clone cult leader Rael 15 years. He wrecked my life and our children's ; The ex-wife of the 'alien messenger' who claims to have cloned human babies reveals how he abused and brainwashed his own family

Fighting back the tears as she perches anxiously on the edge of the sofa in her remote French Alpine chalet, it is still hard for Marie-Paul Cristini to express her anger and disgust at her 15-year marriage to sinister sect leader Claude Vorilhon - the man who claims to have cloned humans.

Even 17 years after their divorce, raw emotions at the way he abused and corrupted her and their two children are just under the surface. The mention of the word 'Rael' makes her tremble with loathing.

Spitting out the words, she says: 'He destroyed my life and our children's lives. They were so young and innocent. They should never have been exposed to the debauched and wicked things that went on in our home.' Marie-Paul, now an elegant 57-year-old woman living as a virtual recluse, tells how Vorilhon brought home hundreds of young women to have sex with during their marriage.

She witnessed nude gatherings in the living room and says she was treated as a servant while he brainwashed their preteen children into believing he was a divine messenger for an alien race.

She says: 'The kids believed him . . . they'd had it drummed into them since before they could talk. What he did to them was hateful - he devastated their lives. No child should be expected to witness adult nudity and exist in an environment so close to people having orgies.' For 15 years after their divorce in 1985, Marie-Paul's daughter Aurore, now 30, and son Ramuel, 28, refused to have anything to do with her. Only in the past two years has she resumed contact with them and rebuilt her own life free of the clutches of the sect.

www.rickross.com...
(much more from his ex wife)

Other sources to back up the UFO Sex Cult statement:

Not content with all this amateur whoring, Rael also has an actual subgroup of real-life whores called Rael's Girls made up solely of woman who work in the sex industry. If this whole religion sounds like some insanely clever man's diabolical plan to wear pajamas all day and (have sex with) really gullible women then, congratulations, you may qualify to enter the inner sanctum. Membership numbers indicate followers in the tens of thousands, most of whom were probably swayed in no way by the religion having its own skank squad.

www.cracked.com...

Sensual meditation. Nudity. A group of beautiful women, Raelian Guides, called “angels” who surround Rael in the hopes of summoning the Elohim back down to Earth.
www.nuvo.net...

According to Grescoe, "Raël's success seems to derive from providing a structured environment for decadent behavior: He offers a no-guilt playground for hedonism and sexual experimentation."

www.skepdic.com...

Cult leader Rael denied residence in Switzerland

Geneva, Switzerland - Cult leader Rael, who shot to media prominence in 2002 by claiming to have cloned a human being, has been denied residence in Switzerland for fear of endangering public morals, authorities said.

Rael, a French citizen whose real name is Claude Maurice Marcel Vorilhon, had sought residence in the Canton Valais in the southwest of Switzerland, where he wished to carry out "commercial activities" in a local vintners.

The Valais authorities refused his application because many of his views are at odds with the Swiss constitution, notably his approach to children and sexuality.

Rael preaches a doctrine of "complete sexual liberty" and believes parents should show their children how to obtain sexual pleasure, "which by its nature can lead to sexual deviance with under-age children," the authorities said in a statement.

Human cloning is also legally forbidden in Switzerland.

Rael, who claims to have some 50,000 followers around in the world, said in a brief statement he was considering an appeal at a European level.

www.wwrn.org...

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ThreeNF

Are you aware that there is more to life than eutopia? There is in fact in this life on this planet on which you and I both awake to the same sunrise and go to sleep to the same sunset a much broader set of emotions. There is sadness, anger, embarrassment, all of which are part of being a human being and growing up. How can you simply choose to remove the bad things and accept all things good to change how you feel? This cult religion promises all of the things that other CULTS offers. Eutopia, it's not possible. You say if it makes you happy do it. So what if one party gets off on amputations( which is a real disorder called apotemnophilia)? Is it still right as long as both parties are happy with it? What about consensual sex with a minor, or bestiality? This entire CULT seems to be an idea cooked up by a child who thinks if it is deemed no longer wrong, then I can't get into trouble with it.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join