It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"WE" Must Never Forget The Truth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Though it has been spun....

Though it has been forgotten....

Lies have been told to make it go away ....

The simple truth is there for all to see....

"The Democrat Hypocrisy"

Semper

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
EXCELLENT. Too bad they didn't add this one -

Barak Obama on July 27, 2004 in the Chicago Tribune

"There's not that much difference between my position and George Bush's position at this stage. The difference, in my mind, is who's in a position to execute."

Then the Tribune went on to say that Obama, "now believes US forces must remain to stabilize the war-ravaged nation ­ a policy not dissimilar to the current approach of the Bush administration."

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Come on Semper. You know that the Republicans forced the Democrats to say those things.

On a serious note it would be nice if people took responsibility for their words and actions. It was an action supported by both sides and if it was a mistake then both the right and left are equally responsible. It's not right to now say it's just the fault of Bush.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Semperfortis if you really want to play that game I suggest you check out what Cheney has to say in the video that appears in the following post .
I almost wonder if VP Cheney and the Cheney in the video are the same person .

Rather then Democrat Hypcrisy I would say the Iraq venture was a policy blunder that a lack of oversight failed to stop . There isnt much point playing the blame game at this point instead the best thing to do is to figure out how to fix this mess.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

All well and good my friend and I appreciate your input, however:

Some of the people in my video are up for re-election..

I do not believe that Cheney is...

So the relevancy factor becomes pertinent...

Cheney is gone in a few months, people need to let it go and look at those that are remaining in the political arena and what they have said and done...

Semper

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
Some of the people in my video are up for re-election..

That is a fair point it is even possible that with the military success of the surge the issue of the Iraq war has lost some of its sting for now .

Cheney is gone in a few months, people need to let it go and look at those that are remaining in the political arena and what they have said and done...

With all do respect while that is true you still seem to be setting a double standard . Pre war statements matter very little in the face of the fact that no current stock piles of WMDs have been found in Iraq . Both sides are at fault many of the dems backed tracked when things went down hill in Iraq and the Republicans just seem to think that the insurgency was going to magically go away.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   

no current stock piles of WMDs have been found in Iraq

That is not true...

ATS WMD's Found

ATS WMD's Found

Fox News WMD's Found

Also there were numerous reports from Military Field Officers of the discovery of numerous caches of Gas Containers, Bio Research Materials etc...

Also the question as to what Saddam used to "Gas" all those thousands of Kurds has gone unanswered. I mean if the Libs are correct and their were no WMDs, did Saddam "fart" them into non-existence?

Also pertinent is the FACT that our operations in Iraq were not commensurate upon WMD's alone. In fact in light of the violations of UN sanctions and the shooting at our aircraft, WMD's were down the list in the speech, if you recall...

However, be that as it may, it was a forgone conclusion that no matter what the Military found, it was going to be discounted by the Liberals as too little, too old, too few or too irrelevant.

After they obviously changed their stance 180 degrees, they could not of course admit to an error; Libs never can.

So after testing the air and finding the usual anti-war sentiment starting, (See Vietnam) they, as always, went with the political wind instead of standing by their convictions; as our President has stood by his.

I don't think any Republican thought the insurgency would "go away", I do however believe that it was a surprise that so many foreign fighters were causing the majority of the problems. I believe it took them somewhat by surprise that 80+ percent of the combatants are from neighboring countries and not from Iraq... But that is another thread entirely..

The fact remains...

Either they stood by their convictions.. (President Bush)
Or they waffled in the face of political pressure.. (See the video)

Semper

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Semperfortis you misunderstood what I said. I didn't say that WMDs weren't found in Iraq I said that no current WMDs were found in Iraq which is true the WMDs that were found pre date the first Gulf War. The WMDs that were found didn't match pre war estimates of Saddam capability's. Nobody denies Saddam had WMDs from that time period it is the lack of WMDs that date post 1991 that is in question.

The war was sold to the global community on the basis of the threat posed by Saddams current WMDs and Nuclear program. Powell address to the UN confirms this .

I would have preferred it if pre war intel had been correct . The most likely explanation is that Saddam gave the pretence of having WMDs in to order to play political games with Iran. As for the notion that Bush lied I don't subscribe to that school of thought so you will have to pick your bone with someone else on this matter.

Cheney insurgency in its last throws

Assuming that you are correct about the percentage of foreign fighters it is nigh on impossible that the Republicans would be surprised by this given Cheney past views on Iraq. See your U2U inbox for my off topic reply. The majority of the dems supported the war from the out set because they either lacked good judgement or they feared being painted as weak on national security.

[edit on 6-4-2008 by xpert11]

[edit on 6-4-2008 by xpert11]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
HERE is a democrat blog with a fantastic cip from Rove.
He makes great points - all in line with what the OP was saying.

top topics

join