It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Shadow People?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I've heard about the Shadow People and have seen some of the pictures... They are generally black in color, but I see stuff out of the corner of my eye all the time... I can make something out and the second I turn and look nothing... Doesn't really freak me out, where as a black figure would... I don't see anything black, always a white something... Anyone else out there ever see anything like what I'm describing and if so any takes on it?

It's like something is standing there, then disappears when you look in it's direction... Maybe I'm crazy... But I see it all the time! I'm not lieing I promise!

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I used to see these all the time and IMO it's a trick of light and shadow in your periphery.

By the way, I think this is more suited for the paranormal forum.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jbondo

Maybe so, or maybe it's dead relatives?

And yes, didn't know where to put this... A similar post was in this location...

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUncleSam

Strange that you specifically use the example of "dead relatives". What's your reasoning there?

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Shadow people are black. I've seen 'em. They are just like thick black shadows in the shape of a person. Some interact with you. Others seem not to know (or care) that you are there.

White shadow people? Never heard of that. I have seen white sheet-like things fade in and then fade out after a few seconds. They moved like sheets on a clothes line in a very light breeze.

Is that what you mean?

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   

On Coast to Coast once one of the callers had a near death experience where an man shaped being which was multi colored in sickly hues was holding her arm and calling her name. Naturally she chose not to go with the entity. Angel of death perhaps? White tinted shapes could be Angels. Dark ones could be demons or djinn. Angels are sometimes sent to test humans and the demons have been known to give boons. Both are frightening, and neither of them can be controlled by humans.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I just call them "light people". It's the shape of a person, but made of pure white light. I saw one every day prior to the age of 5. He didn't seem to take an interest in me... just went on his way into the bathroom and through the wall every morning, like clockwork.

I don't take the "corner of the eye" stuff seriously because it could be anything and the imagination tends to get in the way of really knowing what you saw.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Hi there,
I saw this kind of thing once (and it was definately interactive). A friend of mine had asked me to check-out her daughters bedroom. At the time her daughter was about 4yrs old, and she kept complaining about the little boy who kept talking to her when she was in bed and she couldn't sleep because of it (not scared, just down to his chatter you understand).

Anyhoo, I went to her house and as we stood in the bedroom and my friend was giving me these details I could see what you descibe as a 'white shadow person'. He had the very distinct shape of a young boy and was standing behind my friend as she spoke and kept sticking his head out from behind her ... like he was playing peek-a-boo ... to attract my attention I assumed. Judging by his height in comparrison to my friend I estimated that he was around 10yrs old.

I also picked-up that he was my friends son and he wanted to be named and acknowledged ... which was extremely odd as she'd never mentioned losing a child. But when I related this to her she told me that she'd had a car crash about 10yrs ago and was 8wks pregnant at the time and she miscarried the baby as a result of the accident. She decided to name her son 'Matthew' ... and after that her daughter never mentioned the little boy who kept her awake again !

I'd never seen anything like it before or since but they do exist if my experience is anything to go by.

Woody

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The reason people see shadow people out of the corners of their eyes is because the rod cells of the human eye are located on the outer edge of the retina.

These photoreceptor cells in the retina function in less intense light than can the other type of photoreceptor, cone cells, and are responsible for night vision. In other words, the cells that make seeing these extremely low light entities possible exist on the outer part of the retina.

This also explains why dogs seem to be able to see figures humans cannot, as a dog's eye consists totally of rod cells.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Shadow people are black. I've seen 'em. They are just like thick black shadows in the shape of a person. Some interact with you. Others seem not to know (or care) that you are there.

White shadow people? Never heard of that. I have seen white sheet-like things fade in and then fade out after a few seconds. They moved like sheets on a clothes line in a very light breeze.

Is that what you mean?

what exactly are shadow people? what do they do?

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I've never seen a "Shadow Person" as everyone is describing, I've seen shadows move through my field of vision at blink-and you miss it-type speed. Never have they seemed to be in the shape of a human, always a small animal, cat or dog size. I've seen them both inside and outside. I remember one time I had seen it outside, I thought it may have been one of my cats although it seemed slightly larger than them. I looked around and I was surprised to see both of my cats were right there by me. I could tell by the size though that it couldn't have been one of my dogs. Since I live in the country it is always a possibility that it was a different animal (I seem to attract foxes for some reason), but I have four very large and active dogs, and anyone with outside dogs knows that their dogs are always aware when something is in their area, and mine weren't alarmed.

I have never seen a "white shadow" but I was wondering if anyone else has seen "black shadow animals"?

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo

Strange that you specifically use the example of "dead relatives". What's your reasoning there?

Because to me it feels like that I guess... Maybe even a guardian Angel... Not sure...

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

No they don't move, just like appear and more or less stand there, then I look over and nothing of course... I see lots of "orbs" all the time as well... To me it feels like something is there, like I said not a bad feeling or scary feeling...

The "orbs" and I use this term loosely... Are more like stars than orbs... But they float around like orbs would... Can look directly at these and watch them fly around, usually about arms length about 10 inches above my head, not like they fly all over the room, just in that small area then dissappear...

If you've stood up too fast and gotten stars they kinda look like those only just 1 and it's flying around..

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by drevill

what exactly are shadow people?

Nobody knows. They are like dark ghosts, like some kind of mist with a form.

what do they do?

Either they don't do anything, or mostly scary stuff, like spreading fear.

More here:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by drevill

No one knows. They don't all act alike either. Some interact. Some touch people. Some don't. They tend to move. Most are in the shape of people. It's a complete mystery.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by drevill

No one knows. They don't all act alike either. Some interact. Some touch people. Some don't. They tend to move. Most are in the shape of people. It's a complete mystery.

True, I think anything dark in nature can be considered bad... I think the black shadow people which more people see are evil in nature... What I see is different and doesn't give me a feeling of evil... They don't move, more or less linger... It could be a figment of my imagination, but I figured someone here might know what I'm talking about or might have experience the same things... It seems right when I go to focus on the object I can't see it... It's only in my peripheral vision... The star like orbs I see are different, i can look directly at them and watch them appear and swoosh all over... I have to correct what I said in a previous statement about the star like orbs, they do move all over and I have seen one move in and out of a room... But most of the time they just appear in front of me and then they might move a little around in a circle and then usually disappear... But the only reason I'm asking for help here is because ATS seems to be the place where people know the most about things like this... So far though it appears I'm the only one who is really experiencing this phenomena...

[edit on 8-4-2008 by ElectricUncleSam]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
you are not the only one that sees the white shadow people. It happens to me all the time just as you describe it. I don't know what it is. It could be humans in the invisible form. Do you happen to be exmilitary? It could be some kind of experiment.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Debay
you are not the only one that sees the white shadow people. It happens to me all the time just as you describe it. I don't know what it is. It could be humans in the invisible form. Do you happen to be exmilitary? It could be some kind of experiment.

No I'm not ex-military... I see them from the time I wake up till I go to bed, always in the hall way of my home... That is the only spot they show up and sometimes in the living room I'll see one, but coming out of the hallway... As if whatever it is stays in the hallway... Usually I can make out an outline of a head and shoulders before it disappears... Does not look like a ghost, more like an aura I guess... We're talking in an instant too it disappears... But it's not like I see it and then look, it's as if I see someone and then look... Same type of feeling....

The only thing I can think of is there are some pictures of my Grandfather and Grandmother hanging up in the hallway.. My Grandfather has passed away, so it might be him... I see the figure near that location so maybe the pictures have some sort of unknown power... I haven't heard anything though...

Oh my Grandfather was ex-military... Don't know if that would have anything to do with me though...

[edit on 12-4-2008 by ElectricUncleSam]

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I keep seeing these and they are more frequent now... I see them closer to me, still in the corner of my eye as I turn around or turn my head... What are these!

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUncleSam
True, I think anything dark in nature can be considered bad... I think the black shadow people which more people see are evil in nature... [edit on 8-4-2008 by ElectricUncleSam]

Im not sure why something dark/black would be evil just because its black.. thats like saying an african is evil because of the color of his skin.. i don't know i just felt the consept feels misguided.. is a Panther evil and a Leopard isnt..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join