It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

survey: should ATS publish a national conspiracy newspaper? yes (flag) or no (no flag) ... so this d

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Yes, in any way shape or form. More people need to arm themselves with knowledge and become aware of the hidden truths the government hides. Could call it something like "The Wake up call" or "The Alarm Clock". Time to get alarmed!

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Well, newspaper will be kinda hard, actually nearly impossible at this moment. Perhaps something smaller like a small section in lifestyle/holistic magazine. Of course a backing of someone influential will definitely be useful or else it might actually backfires.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by counterterrorist

I have flagged and starred as requested. I just joined here this A>M., so i hope my vote counts.
My next question would be, does this agency have an interest in such an undertaking?
I have to admit that I am very diillusioned with our present media. I listen to a little Talk Radio, but I'm beginning to wonder at times if even they are being bought off.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jameswillard

I've written them an email yesterday to the founders and senior managers to see. Thanks for your support.

I'll be 61 in July and I never sold out. Couldn't, wasn't put together that way.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   

p.s. I just replied to Qwen about that on her recent posting, and basically said I've gotten so much good from ATS feedback, and watching movies like the Esoteric Agenda one, that I don't think ATS founders are vacume cleaners for MI-5 or 6 ...I think they have to watch their butts just like we do.

We are enjoying freedom of association.

Welcome to the food chain.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by counterterrorist
reply to post by jameswillard

I've written them an email yesterday to the founders and senior managers to see. Thanks for your support.

I'll be 61 in July and I never sold out. Couldn't, wasn't put together that way.

Glad to hear that buddy.
I will be keeping tabs here to see the outcome. My friend that brought me to this website has the utmost respect for this board, it's members and it's staff. I like what I see so far.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by realist00

I started off assuming that, specially cause of the picture of Richard Nixon in the logo for the general conspiracy site ...but, after your comment (not to mention finding out the founders appear to be in Britain), and now I've redirected my focus to include Bank of England-MI-5/6 as well as the Fed-cia.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Super Krout

I think it might be the time to get armed and alarmed.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by clemonte

I emailed the founders, but haven't heard back, yet ... one way or the other.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
The person that comes here is naturally vigilant , they dont trust who calls them on the phone. They don't take up special offers , they prefer to find their own away and distrust in attempts to make them buy or accept anything . No, a true conspiracy theorist will find his own way here.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Super Krout

You're right about knowlege being a weapon.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Gun Totin Gerbil

You're right about people finding this site. I found it two weeks ago. There are 135,000 people on it. There are 220million in the U.S. and 60 million in England and 5-6 billion on the planet who haven't found it yet.

The main draw of a newspaper (along with the the 10,000 daily newspapers and 10,000 weekly newspapers and 15,000 college newspapers) is that it is a mainstream alternative news source.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
So what types of articles would this paper write about? I mean who would be on the "oversight" committee that determines what should be covered and what should not be covered?
I read someplace on this thread that discussion about UFO's would discredit the project.
Well what would not have the risk of discrediting the project, and how would that decision be made? I mean its not like people will believe MK-ULTRA was/is a government experiment based on documents anymore than the numerous UFO documents that can be found.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
If everyone is done commenting on this post, I'll do a wrap up. Otherwise, I'll pop up this thread once in a while for the next 3-6 weeks.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sacerd

The newspaper would follow the ATS current editorial lead in bringing news & views ATS highlighed to light. The newspaper would be free, supported by existing ATS advertisers, and perhaps Amazon and other books sites. The purpose of the newspaper would be to bring people to ATS, as well as be a world-wide alternative newspaper.

The news service column would summarize news and include urls and provide it daily to 250,000 reporters. It would be a world-wide alternative news service.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Anyone not voted here, yet? I'm migrated to think an all-electronic news service to 250,000 media editors and reporters, including 15,000 college newspapers and 5,000 college radio stations and 5,000 college tv stations for a yearly cost of $18,000 -- might be nice to do before, during and/or after launching an online (& street edition) world newspaper.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Flagged! This is a brilliant idea and all those who posted ideas, Great! Another intrested idea as a e-newspaper, is that it could be in a easy print-ready to go format, so you could just open the link, press print, and a few minutes later, you could be reading it in your favorited armchair

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Anyone else want to vote on this? Please feel free to.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
any new comments on this post?

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I think having a newspaper would be an excellent idea! I already recieve the email newsletter - but a printed one would be great! Like either a Weekly or Monthly... I personally don't know enough about putting together a paper, but a Monthly Paper would probably be better and easier to put together than a Weekly Paper.

Top Articles and write ups by members could be featured, along with Breaking News & Current Events etc...Members could submit their articles/opinions.

I think it'd be great. Also, i've noticed some members also draw up comic strips and stuff (perhaps one of those could be featured in each paper), to show the lighter side...

Just a thought.

- Carrot

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join