It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

survey: should ATS publish a national conspiracy newspaper? yes (flag) or no (no flag) ... so this d

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I was actually thinking of this the other day. I was thinking more along the lines of a glossy magazine. Don't know what they could put into it that isn't already here on the site, though.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Yes and I would be willing to help out with UFO information. I have a lot of spare time.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I would so buy a newspaper on all this stuff if these boards made it. But the prob would be coming up with good articles that are legit. I also think that maybe sections about the most popular discussions would be great as well.

-fm

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I think it would make more sense for it to be an e-zine as opposed to a national newspaper. You could still charge for it, or allow donations via paypal.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
The OP has hardly any history here. No reason to not be suspicious.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Masisoar

Masisoar, that is a good point. Maybe there's a way for google corporation to get involved; or, perhaps we can become an official alternative news site for yahoo, I mean, microsoft.

Google seems the best choice -- to pride itself at being somewhat alternative. Particularly if we have tag the project as a "newspaper", "alternative news service", email newsletter, webzine and magazine ... basically the editorial would be the same, always linking back to ATS to increase membership --but the packaging would be different.

I think one of the submarkets could be the 60 million people who watch American Idol -- that seems to be the most successfully social engineering program of all time.

Why do I say that ...because I think we share a "brand", people trying to do their best, people who do their best and so on.

I'll try to write a reply comparing American Idol to ATS and see if I can come up with anything ... common themes between ATS and the people who try out for American Idol -- the key seems to be to isolate the reasons we really watch, what is it we're really identifying with? I have to give this some thought. Any help from ATS folks would be very appreciated.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
You could try reading NEXUS magazine. As I travel around the world i have found it in most airports...
Nexus Magazine

Might be helpful to support what is already out there.

[edit on 4-4-2008 by greenfruit]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Yes. It will be one of the best thing ATS could do.

Wake "outsiders" up; GOOD IDEA!

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by tylerc25211

I said yes... BUT, I think a newspaper would be difficult to produce (especialy one for the whole country) so we should stick to a email newsletter or something along those lines.

An email newsletter is interesting. Maybe an ATS newsletter could be a link on the major search engines, like google ... a newsletter is almost the same as a news service. In a news service you summarize the news in a sentence, or in a headline. In a newsletter you summarize the news in a few sentences or a paragraph.

Plus, we could provide the electronic newsletter to all the radio talk show hosts in the country, I think there are about 2,000 radio talk show hosts medialistsonline.com... 1,500 college radio stations and 1,500 college tv stations.

I made a list of all the subjects in Esoteric Agenda using my print screen button and putting it all into powerpoint. I'm going to watch it again, then make sure I have all the subjects listed.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Be sure to keep certain subjects off of the cover to make sure people don't dismiss it as a generic joke paper you find at the supermarket.
Try to carefully select anything that does get put into it.
The formatting could be something like the article on a page or two and then some reactions/opinions on it from some of our members.
Have the opinions listed as from members with premium accounts of sorts so only some respected members can see the articles before they are published.
Something of a unique look for the newspaper/magazine.
I would say to have it all just put into one item until funding gets up to a proper level and then branch off with the more specific items.
1. TheAboveNetwork unit starts
2a. AboveTopSecret unit branches off
2b. BelowTopSecret unit branches off
2c. AbovePolitics unit branches off
Some extra items that could be put in could be a relevant article to the cover story from TinWiki.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I prefer to think this out environmentally. I can't wait until we have our daily news electronically instead of using more resources for something so temporary.

I could see a glossy format system you can also print and archive in some ATS binder of favorites you do at home. Especially when it relates to your own efforts and chosen topics.
Have you ever seen how some businesses have glossy inserts for their catalogs?

But I would much prefer ATS does a quality video on DVD.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by counterterrorist

CORRECTION: IN MY JUST PRIOR REPLY TO post by tylerc25211 THIS FIRST PARAGRAPH IS QUOTING TYLER -- it should have been in quotes, it is not what I said, but what Tyler said. Thanks.

""""""I said yes... BUT, I think a newspaper would be difficult to produce (especialy one for the whole country) so we should stick to a email newsletter or something along those lines."""""" -- said by Tyler

My response starts here:
An email newsletter is interesting. Maybe an ATS newsletter could be a link on the major search engines, like google ... a newsletter is almost the same as a news service. In a news service you summarize the news in a sentence, or in a headline. In a newsletter you summarize the news in a few sentences or a paragraph.

Plus, we could provide the electronic newsletter to all the radio talk show hosts in the country, I think there are about 2,000 radio talk show hosts medialistsonline.com... 1,500 college radio stations and 1,500 college tv stations.

I made a list of all the subjects in Esoteric Agenda using my print screen button and putting it all into powerpoint. I'm going to watch it again, then make sure I have all the subjects listed.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

Basically, it would highlight what's on the site for newcomers like I was a week ago, (and maybe also include a few tips about protocol for how to use ATS) -- basically its an invitation and guide to the 300 million people NOT on ATS to check it out.

When you think about it, a lot of those 300 million might not even know about ATS, which is why it's important to tell them what's going on, and how to keep up.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I personally flag this!

Depending on the $$Monetaries of ATS?

This is a Fantastic Idea!!!!

Depending on the availabilities of said monies....

It's ALWAYS GOOD in my opinion, to advertise.

~Ducky~

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

That would be great. You've probably seen these, but here are the links to the Nazi flying saucers HERE IT IS IN A pdf file with all the pictures
www.tiono.com/model/FlyingSaucers.pdf and also to the Canadian flying saucers from the mid-1940's. The Nazi ones are fixed wing, and plan on a rotating wing like a frizbee according to the schematics; the Canadian one is also fixed wing.

I did read an interesting article with pictures that on a scale model fixed wing if you apply electric current ions coming down from above that hit the come then flow over the airfoil, the saucer will levitate, I just can't find where I put the url right now. I'll keep looking.

Canada’s appears to be a hovercraft fixed wing www.avroarrow.org...

This is a Nazi fixed wing that duplicated also in Canada but not produced. www.burlingtonnews.net...

It appears only one rotating wing concept

Misc: www.burlingtonnews.net...

www.powells.com... (this entire book in online but I’m having trouble finding it quickly.)

HERE IT IS IN A pdf file with all the pictures
www.tiono.com/model/FlyingSaucers.pdf

I’ve included the urls for other folks, too … I’m sure you’ve seem them all.

www.zephyrtechnology.com...

got to run, I’m late

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I think its a bad idea, not only is print dead, but it could accidentally be mixed up with fake newspaper like "national inquirer." Or if the ATS conspiracy paper gets popular, other fake newspaper organization will follow the same trend, and ATS will be thrown in with the lot of bad apples.

If people take interest in conspiracies, the paranormal, and UFOs they will look for it the easiest way online, and what better way to find information on these topics none other than ATS.

[edit on 5-4-2008 by skyblueff0]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Brilliant!

I would buy a lifetime subscription!

Damnit, I already waste enough time on this website already...

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by counterterrorist
reply to post by ambushrocks

Good idea. Not too keen on webzine UNLESS it's a one pager of links to ATS. I'm thinking a mailer to households. There are 135,000 ATS folks, 60 million fans of American Idol, and 300 million people in the U.S.

135,000 aware people out of 300 million? That's 1 out of 3,000.

Why is it assumed that everyone is from the USA?

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by funky monk

fm -- Me too. Your suggestion for sections about most popular discussions is perfect.

Here’s an interesting link for an internet newspaper (NOT the content, the style)
www.thecitystarsf.com... I think it’s a lot of fun because of the way the pages turn. (It’s a street edition as well.)

and maybe AMAZON.com would support it!!!! If the articles linked to books they sold! I’ll ask them and let you know.

We could feature legit articles (documented by urls) and include personal articles (refering to an influencial url, not nec. documentation), refer readers (like we do now) to legit articles (which would be part of a news service feature).

Thanks for your good will (it generated the Amazon-support idea).

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ShaunMK

What about this format that is an e-zine and a e-newspaper at the same time (plus kind of fun)

Here’s an interesting link for an internet newspaper (NOT the content, the style)
www.thecitystarsf.com... I think it’s a lot of fun because of the way the pages turn. (It’s a street edition as well.)

I'm including it again www.thecitystarsf.com in case the other link to a specific issue didn't click.

Also, the articles would reference AMAZON book urls and maybe they'd be the financial supporter.

that way we could avoid google click through ads that have nothing to do with the articles in favor us using amazon book ads

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join