It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Turner predicts 'mass cannibalism' by 2040

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I know Lucid. I mean no offense. It's just that things in general are so way out of context and .....lucidity.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
More Globalist/Global Warming fear-mongering. Who possibly gains from this sort of outrageous rhetoric? The people pushing their de-population, "save the planet by killing the people" agenda. Just one more info-bomb injected by the MSM to plant seeds of fear and doubt and control our emotions in order to control our behavior. Don't fall for this tripe.

People need a refresher on how these info-bombs work and what's their purpose so you don't help to spread them around like the evil memes they are:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 3/4/08 by kosmicjack]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
This, coming from a man that, while married to Hanoi Jane, said he wanted to go to Hell when he died because he thought he could do some good there is absurd.

I do not agree with Iraq Ted. Seems lately he's fishing for publicity.

When I think of places like Dhafar I get irate. Why do starving people keep having babies when the mother has 2 or 3 little children hanging around her and a baby hanging on her dried up breast? This is insane IMO. In all our and other countries mercy why haven't we pushed birth control to starving populations.

Moderation is key. Stop having so many children that are growing up ignorant and becoming the same baby factories their parents are.

Oops sorry I got off the subject a bit.

I have absolutely no respect for Ted Turner. Just because he's accumulated wealth doesn't mean he is still not a few bricks shy a full load.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Rather than copy and repost the response I had in the "Depopulation Theories - Why?" Thread, I'll just refer Lucid and others to my last post there.

It certainly is a form of propaganda to believe there are too many people. Even close friends of mine spout off that particular opinion, and it's so hammered into you day in and day out that there's too many people in the world that of course you're going to come to believe it.

What we as a species needs is sustained living. Lucid, do some math for me, I know you're up to the task; if the entire industrial world moves towards a POST industrial society (With Personal Fab plants, Order on Demand, superior recycling alternatives, and Dean Kamen's Water Purifier)... doesn't this subtract the damage being done by those nations? They no longer contribute to the damage.

Certainly, other nations will pass into an industrial age, but if the west has already been through it and gone past it, most third world industrial ages will last a significant order of magnitude LESS than they would if there had been no bigger brother who had gone before.

Just because a third world might industrial does not mean we need to put off our own POST industrialization. By moving to a Post-Production society, we aren't increasing our average birth rate. Likewise, industrialization will only decrease the average birthrate globally, as studies clearly show that nations moving into industry have better prosperity and require less children overall to contribute to the family fund.

There is a whole class of economies that goes into thinking towards the future which are rendered useless if you get stuck in the problems of the now as if they were insurmountable. There isn't ANYTHING that humanity can't do if we put our mind to it, and I personally see some bright beacons of hope coming out of the current age. There's a lot of civil unrest and abuses of the system going on right now, but they are also a lot more transparent and obvious because of things like the internet.

Have some faith in your fellow man, we aren't all terrible. Some of us are trying to get our brethren and sistren to wake up to the programmed self-destruct mechanisms being spoon-fed to them from an early age.

Yes, we've caused ecological damage. Yes, there are some things that can't be fixed. No, we aren't OVER populated on this planet. Yes, a lot of the mess we've caused can be FIXED.

Furthermore, Problems are only Solutions waiting for the right idea. This is an economical thought; A problem, such as pollution, is just waiting for a solution such as "Say, we could use X pollutant to make Y." or "We could harvest X pollutant that is excreted from the process, and re-engineer it into use for Y".

A problem is only a problem if you fail to see the opportunities it presents. THAT is optimism.... it's taking the glass that is half full and making use of it, which eliminates the negative viewpoint.

I will say one thing though... we as a species have an obligation to begin storing ALL Genetic data of the biodiversity of this planet, because while I do believe we will overcome the problems facing our biosphere, I think there will be many casualties. Casualties we can resurrect with the right equipment down the line.

In the words of the Immortal Bard (And with far less irony)

"OH what Brave New World, to Have such People in it!"

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I have to agree with Turner as far as our population overburdening the planet's resources. We have not bred responsibly as a species in tandem with our advances in the medical sciences. Mother Earth has been talking to us, but people have been reluctant to listen. We'll end up paying for it.

I'm not a big fan of Turner, but I respect him immensely for having the courage to speak his mind in today's PC climate.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheColdDragon
It certainly is a form of propaganda to believe there are too many people.

You must live somewhere where nobody else wants to live, a place where there must be no traffic jams, no long lines at the check-out registers, where it's 5 miles to your closest neighbors house, and where the air and water is clear and clean.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Turner is a wack job who does not know what he's talking about. We were supposed to be overpopulated by now based off predictions made in the Seventies but that never happened. Turner, however, was smart enough to pick a date where, chances are, he will not be around to eat his words (no pun intended).

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

And if such a place exists on the face of this earth (There are a LOT, I mean... a whole LOT of untouched wildernesses), then we haven't exactly OVER populated the earth, have we?

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   

A star for you, my friend. The planet is screaming from every point of the compass and still the human animal is in denial.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Sleuth

While I will agree with you that there is a very Politically Correct climate in many different aspects of life, Turner isn't DISAGREEING with what's politically correct.

It's PC to believe we've overpopulated the earth, that humanity is bad, that nature is good, that the earth wants us to depopulate and numerous other things. THAT is the group think of the age.

If anything, it would be UN-pc to claim that we should increase our numbers, improve our technology, advance our usage of resources and to thrust FORWARD rather than appealing to the self-loathing of humanity as a movement.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Personally I think you have to take the good with the bad. And I believe we have it far better today than the isolated pioneers of bygone days did.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   

This is not a one line post.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Smokersroom

Smoker, to whom are you responding? I'm a bit confused by your post.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sleuth
reply to post by Smokersroom

Smoker, to whom are you responding? I'm a bit confused by your post.

I am 'mostly' confused by the fact someone gave him a star for the post.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
Bank urges 'new deal' on hunger

The above article seems to agree with Turner, only sooner rather than later.

Mr Zoellick said the top priority was to give the UN World Food Programme an extra $500m for emergency food aid.

The World Bank estimates 33 countries face potential social unrest because of rising food and energy prices.

---------------------------------------------------
Zoellick, president of the World Bank, replacing another hardcore Zionist, Paul Wolfowitz, who was one of the architects of the Iraq war before moving on to his role as head of this Zionist-controlled organization.

Do the sheeple never question WHY someone who is not a Jewish Zionist would not have been chosen?

www.wakeupfromyourslumber.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Turner is off his meds, but in case he's right, you all might want to check this out:

www.oneplusyou.com...

Good info for the future.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TheColdDragon

Thanks for the reply and elaborate post there ColdDragon, I'll have to update this post with my reply though, as I am heading out the door atm

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Invoking the specter of cannibalism now are they? The desperation is palpable. Few people are buying their globalist psychobabble on global warming and overpopulation, so they have to resort to this kind of fear mongering. It does seem that hunger is coming, but it’s been artificially created. They have created food shortages with GM crop terminator genes, and by manipulating economies. Something tells me TT will get his eternal wish.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
Turner is off his meds, but in case he's right, you all might want to check this out:

www.oneplusyou.com...

Good info for the future.

I think I would be a bit gamey . . .

Is this why Ted has bought up half of the mid-west?
Heck Ted, with all of the land you own, you could grow something to help out no?

Oh and FYI:

If I am alive in 2040, Ted won't be but I am going to dig him up and eat him anyway...

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobafett1972
If I am alive in 2040, Ted won't be but I am going to dig him up and eat him anyway...

I wonder how he'd taste with some fava beans?

[edit on 3-4-2008 by jerico65]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join