It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Turner predicts 'mass cannibalism' by 2040

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Nothing liking popping onto ATS for my daily dose of happy news.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sty
we just need to find another way of living without affecting the planet this much. What about releasing energy alternatives this would save 4 billion people !

We "just need to". You make it sound so easy.

We need a complete overhaul from the foundation up to counteract climate change, dwindiling floral and fauna, and all the other mishaps of our modern industrial world.

What about releasing energy alternatives

Yeah exactly, what about that? Well who is stopping this from happening?

We have created soooo many alternative means of fuel for motorvehicles, and alternative energy means in general. So why don't we "just do that"?

but of course , this is not what is wanted.. right?

It's the powerhouse created from a symbiotic relationship between big corporations and government that is the culprit here. They won't let these ideals manifest. They won't allow us to save the world. You guys keep talking about all these ideals, and they are all great, but they won't happen for the exact same reason our cars are not being fueld by soy beans.

Because the organizations that dictate the state of the world are not taking into account what their children's lives will be like, they are only taking into account what their bank accounts life will be like.

So yes, there are plenty of alternative means to killing off billions. Unfortunately those are being prevented by a power that is above our heads.

Viva la revolucion or bon appetite baby!!

[edit on 073030p://4u17 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

This, I think, is the crux of what needs to happen in the next 10 years. If those in power are so interested in killing people, then why isn't there a more concerted effort to getting out into space by whatever means necessary? Make prototype ships, and send people up to Mars. If they make it, they can colonize it and live there. If not, then send the next group. It'd be a win/win for them.

That's not what I see happening though. I see us making it on the first attempt. If we, for whatever reason fail on this one, then the 2nd trip will yield the success that we need. People are known for their ability to adapt to new environments. Mars will be no different.

We just need to DO IT ALREADY!!

TheBorg

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join