It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2.3 trillion dollars missing from the Pentagon budget!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Yes, this issue is one of the crowning achievements of the propaganda machine.
While creating a plethora of plausible rationalities and 'reputable' talking heads they have managed to obfuscate and utterly corrupt the data so as to be, for all intents and purposes, irreconcilable.

The point is, where is the money. No one is asking who did what. Where is it? All you will get is doublespeak and technical probabilities. No one knows, or know one wants to say.

Imo, ultimately the money is channelled into the cofferes of the oligarchs. No matter what it was spent on the contractors are always linked to the banksters at the top of the chain, and ultimately all the massive profits from war and black ops etc ends up in the same private bank accounts.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

And just what bank is able to accept several trillion dollars?

This must be the two month mark because the same topic has reared it's lying head.

Do a little REAL research first.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by samkent

This must be the two month mark because the same topic has reared it's lying head.

Oh I have, so I can say with confidence that you clearly haven't..

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

If you still believe that 2.3 trillion dollars in cash, was ever missing, then your research, quite frankly....sucks.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by vipertech0596

Originally posted by wcitizen

If you still believe that 2.3 trillion dollars in cash, was ever missing, then your research, quite frankly....sucks.

Have a nice day.
edit on 8-8-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

To help you out a bit.

The missing money was actually and accumulation of accounting errors and omissions over the decades.

Just look up the total budget of the military over the years. You would have to steal the entire years budget for many years to come up with 2.3 trillion.

I guess we can expect the same crap to come up again in October. But that's just the nature of conspiracies and peoples nature.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Yes, this issue is one of the crowning achievements of the propaganda machine.
While creating a plethora of plausible rationalities and 'reputable' talking heads they have managed to obfuscate and utterly corrupt the data so as to be, for all intents and purposes, irreconcilable.

The point is, where is the money. No one is asking who did what. Where is it? All you will get is doublespeak and technical probabilities. No one knows, or know one wants to say.

Other important questions are where did the money come from.....and what was it for?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

To help you out a bit.

That's kind of you but thanks, really not necessary.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Other important questions are where did the money come from.....and what was it for?

Really? Those are your questions? Where does the funding for the US Defense come from? Ever hear of taxes? What was it for? Defense spending. Military is expensive and a lot of it is secret for good reason. Even simple stuff like the budget for food for submarines. Has to stay "secret" in that specific expenditures for specific patrols are not accounted separately for fear that it migh reveal duration and therefore the intended patrol limits and mission.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by KMFNWO
www.youtube.com...

Does anyone remember this? Anyone care to speculate on what 2.3 trillion dollars could be utilized for. Anyone care that this announcement was made the day before the worst Terrorist attack this country has ever seen since Pearl Harbor.

This subject would have been non-stop every night for a good long while if something "Catastrophic" had not happened the very next day and it was summarily shoved under the rug and forgotten.

There's something I don't understand...you conspiracy theorists religiously quote Rumsfeld when he said several trillion dollars were missing as if he were telling the absolutely complete truth, and when Rumsfeld said later that the several trillion dollars were an accounting error rather than actually physically missing, you conspiracy theorists turn around and insist he's lyign through his teeth and cannot be trusted. If he cannot be trusted then why the heck are you quoting him about the several trillion dollars missing to begin with?

You cannot simply pick and choose what you deem to be credible information and what isn't according to your own particular agenda, particularly when the information is all coming from the same source.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

You cannot simply pick and choose what you deem to be credible information and what isn't according to your own particular agenda, particularly when the information is all coming from the same source.

Dave, if that were true there would be no conspiracies. What you said is basically the foundation for all conspiracies in a nutshell.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by hooper

Dave, if that were true there would be no conspiracies. What you said is basically the foundation for all conspiracies in a nutshell.

I'd actually have to give that to "abject paranoia" as well as "outright gullibility". The cherry picking of credible information is a method which those damned fool conspiracy websites use this to circulate their abject paranoia.

Case in point; some anonymous person empties out their garbage can and passes it off as being "residue from the WTC collapse", and when analyzed by someone who thinks the gov't is constantly plotting to murder us all, they release a statement that there was a suspiciously high concentration of banana peels and coffee grounds found in the WTC dust. These damned fool conspiracy websites in turn use this to annouce that this is "proof positive" the WTC was destroyed by banana peels and coffee grounds, and we can uncover the "banana peels and coffee grounds" conspiracy by buying their T-shirts.

The conspiracy theorists will believe this because A) they too believe the gov't is plotting to murder us all (which is the whole reason why they'd be going to those damned fool conspiracy websites to begin with) so they're going to mindlessly believe anything those websites say, and B) even though there's a huge gap between banana peels/coffee grounds, and demolishing a building, they'll ignore the gigantic leap of logic because "the gov't has unlimited resources so they'd be able to figure out a way to use banana peels and coffee grounds to demolish a building somehow". They then see all sorts of "convenient coincidences" on how Rumsfeld happens to like bananas, and how Bush's grandfather knows someone, who knows someone, who knows someone, who knows someone, who knows a coffee producer, along with the "observation" how so many Jewish companies sell bananas and coffee. The thoroughly hard core conspiracy theorists will argue over the precise mathematical distribution of thermal energy from banana peels and how much of an idiot the rest of us are becuase we can't quantify the chemical composition of coffee grounds at the atomic level.

Now, that Rumsfeld announced 2.3 trillion dollars was missing, the very first conclusion the conspiracy theorists jump to is that 2.3 trillion dollars buys a heck of a lot of bananas and coffee...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
It would appear that the hard working folks of America are being played for fools yet again.

Did you ever notice how your debtors manage to keep track of each and every single penny you owe them? Isn't odd the the bank manages to track each and every single penny you owe to them. And isn't baffling how the IRS keeps track of every cent you make and makes sure you pay every single penny?

And yet they seem to lose so much through "accounting errors"?

Accounting errors my ass. Criminal Activity Unpunished is what it is.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mike_trivisonno

And yet they seem to lose so much through "accounting errors"?

Accounting errors my ass. Criminal Activity Unpunished is what it is.

They were combining several old computer accounting systems into one newer one.
That 200 million for a new Marine assault ship in computer 'A'. Was it also included in the Navy's overall budget in computer 'B'?

It doesn't take much before you hit the trillion mark.

Accounting has always been an excersize in fuzzy math. It's easy to know exactly how much you owe to a company. But exactly how much is your net worth?
You owe the power company $186.29.
You owe Ford $8645.26.
You owe the mortgage company 66838.94.
But exactly how much is your car worth? Uhh about xxx give or take a thousand.
Exactly how much is you house worth? Uhh about xxxx give or take 20,000.

Accounting is fuzzy.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mike_trivisonno

Did you ever notice how your debtors manage to keep track of each and every single penny you owe them?

Yes, and as we all know, no creditor has ever made a mistake.

Isn't odd the the bank manages to track each and every single penny you owe to them.

And yet another group that's never made a mistake.

And isn't baffling how the IRS keeps track of every cent you make and makes sure you pay every single penny?

You really think that?

I think this proves beyond a doubt that accounting problems exist anywhere there are accounts. Compound that with one of the largest budgets in the world and the requirement for secrecy for genuine national security reasons and I think you have your real answer.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by KMFNWO

You can look at it this way money from the pentagon goes missing all the time,the 2.3trillion was more than most ,but nothing unusual.I know someone that works in the fiscal department of the military,and he says money is missing all the time.I don't have a clue as to why it would be acceptable,obviously someone should be raising a stink about it.Our country seems to be run by criminals and thieves and will continue to get away with it until the people of this country has had enough and stops it.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I think this proves beyond a doubt that accounting problems exist anywhere there are accounts. Compound that with one of the largest budgets in the world and the requirement for secrecy for genuine national security reasons and I think you have your real answer.

This is such an important observation that it bears to be repeated:

"I think this proves beyond a doubt that accounting problems exist anywhere there are accounts. Compound that with one of the largest budgets in the world and the requirement for secrecy for genuine national security reasons and I think you have your real answer. "

Just last year it came out in the news that felons in prison in Miami managed to swindle $100,000 in returns from the IRS despite not having paid a nickel in taxes...and it wasn't even the IRS that caught the error, it was the bank that the money was being deposited in, as they were wondering why people in prison were depositing so much money. All it takes is one person with imagination to get past one person who's an idiot, and the resulting domino effect proves that anything is possible.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

he says money is missing all the time

Missing is not the same as stolen.
How much of your monthly cash disappears without a paper trail?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave

I'd actually have to give that to "abject paranoia" as well as "outright gullibility". The cherry picking of credible information is a method which those damned fool conspiracy websites use this to circulate their abject paranoia.

Case in point; some anonymous person empties out their garbage can and passes it off as being "residue from the WTC collapse", and when analyzed by someone who thinks the gov't is constantly plotting to murder us all, they release a statement that there was a suspiciously high concentration of banana peels and coffee grounds found in the WTC dust. These damned fool conspiracy websites in turn use this to annouce that this is "proof positive" the WTC was destroyed by banana peels and coffee grounds, and we can uncover the "banana peels and coffee grounds" conspiracy by buying their T-shirts.

The conspiracy theorists will believe this because A) they too believe the gov't is plotting to murder us all (which is the whole reason why they'd be going to those damned fool conspiracy websites to begin with) so they're going to mindlessly believe anything those websites say, and B) even though there's a huge gap between banana peels/coffee grounds, and demolishing a building, they'll ignore the gigantic leap of logic because "the gov't has unlimited resources so they'd be able to figure out a way to use banana peels and coffee grounds to demolish a building somehow". They then see all sorts of "convenient coincidences" on how Rumsfeld happens to like bananas, and how Bush's grandfather knows someone, who knows someone, who knows someone, who knows someone, who knows a coffee producer, along with the "observation" how so many Jewish companies sell bananas and coffee. The thoroughly hard core conspiracy theorists will argue over the precise mathematical distribution of thermal energy from banana peels and how much of an idiot the rest of us are becuase we can't quantify the chemical composition of coffee grounds at the atomic level.

Now, that Rumsfeld announced 2.3 trillion dollars was missing, the very first conclusion the conspiracy theorists jump to is that 2.3 trillion dollars buys a heck of a lot of bananas and coffee...

I have to give you kudos on your post ,it's probably the best analogy I've read in a long time.I don't agree but I don't wish to argue 9-11,I tread lightly on that subject......I did enjoy your post though!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

reply to post by TWILITE22

he says money is missing all the time

Missing is not the same as stolen.
How much of your monthly cash disappears without a paper trail?
Isn't "missing"in the title of the thread?But anyway this isn't about my monthly cash,this is large sums of digital money,be it "missing"or a mistake the money is still gone or is it?Oh and to top it off when "they"find the missing money or the mistake "they"find they have paid 10,000 for a screw.My point is the money will never be found,"they"have a good scam going on.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join