It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living Dinosaurs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Kasai Rex
Mokele Mbembe
Thunderbirds (pterodactyls)
Basilosaurus (ogopogo)
Caddy (cadborosarus)
Chipekwe
Any News On Any Of These?
Any Thoughts?

theres also some pics that i would like to know if they have been debunked or not
z.about.com...
www.archaeologynews.org...
www.mundoparanormal.com...

thanks guys

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
First off, I'd like to know which image goes with which critter.
Also, I don't think anofthecreatures have benpossitively identified as belonging to the same family as the ancient marine reptiles. Nitpicking I know, but there was a difference between dinosaurs and the marine reptiles.
Do you have any more info on the second picture? It seems odd, and if there was any serious study done on it, I'd like to know. To me, it looks like something deformed, not like a purposeful living creature.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
It is a higher chance that Sea Monsters would still be around today than any real massive dinosaurs. There are the legends of the gallimimous (I didnt spell that right
) that still run about in a desert in the states (Yet again my memory has failed me again).

Deny ignorance

Semoro

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Great job finding those pics!

Well I have only heard of Mokele Mbembe and Thunderbirds and believe them to be true, but that's purely on the basis of the evidence I have seen and heard.

Never seen those photos before, but there were a few of Mokele Mbembe
that were taken that I never saw.

I would like to say I think those photos are real but I'm not 100% convinced of it.

Star and flag......

tO

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I KNOW that there are some creatures in the way deep that used to roam to seas in the jurassic and cretacious (sp?) periods.

Not only have dinosaurs lived on but a few ice age creaures have survuved extinction. An example is the moa of New Zealand. Cryptozoologists are almost certain it has suvived along with a giant sloth in Brazil (i think) somewhere.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Nice post , nice pics.
The Tuatara from New Zealand was (apparently) roaming the earth with the dinasoars. One of the males who is about 98 recently got it on with a female after about a 20 year celibate patch, so fingers crossed we may have a new arrival!

www.kcc.org.nz...

www.doc.govt.nz...

www.nzherald.co.nz...

H

edit to add some more stuff.

[edit on 1-4-2008 by Havalon]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Hi,

i have nothing new about those cryptid but i can at leat let you know what i'm thinking about them,

The kasai rex have prove as hoax if i remember correctly, mokole/caddy/oggopogo/etc... could be very real as there is still a lot of species, little or huge, to discover, i know they found a carcass in a whale stomach of a juvenille caddy few decades ago and lot of witnesses described a serpent like in a lot of lake, sea.
The thunderbirds is not a pterodactyle, he looks more to a big eagle or falcon with red colour, the pterodactyl, if still alive, is called ropen, there is various name for it.

For all others cryptids i recommend you to go on this website www.cryptozoology.com, ATS is great website but the cz part sux a bit.

Now the pictures, the first one have been shot by a bbc(?) 'journalist', i can't remember his name, they were on a boat in amazonia and they spotted this creature in the river, i think he said it was a kind of dolphins, he came back there about few times later to try to find it again but he never had that chance.
The second pictures have been prove as an purpoise embryon and the third photo... i can't see it, but is this the one where we see the neck and the head in? if yes, sorry but i think it have been proven fake.

I hope it will help you.

Cheers

[edit on 1-4-2008 by ufopunx]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
well i read about the kasai rex, it was just a super imposed monitor lizard on a rock, the picture at least, the dude was obviously lying

thanks for the info on the first pic, its always been a mystery to me

and i had done research on the dead caddy stupid hicks threw it away

has anyone heard of the Chipkwe?

the images dont go with anything i listed there just pick i had sitting around on my comp for awhile and they were always a mystery to me that last one tho is supposedly of the mbembe

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Look for more surviving reptilians in the history of races and civilizations, you'll probably find something resembling a report describing a beast.

Deny ignorance

Semoro

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
A Pterodactyl was not a dinosaur, so its impossible to classify as a "living dinosaur", even if it was alive today....

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by JakeyLikesKAkey

Hey there 'Jakey',

Sorry I can't add any extra info or new additions ... just wanted to say 'good thread'.

I don't know if there was any extra info on the sites about the picture origins ... but when I saw the 3rd one it reminded me of a 'still' from an old movie my kids used to watch when they were younger (late 80's maybe ???) Not totally certain of the film title but it was about a baby dino found in the jungle by some researcher's (or something like that)!

The film may have been called 'BABY' but not 100% on that. Someone else here may know what I'm talking about ... not sure I do.

(On topic); I've always thought we would be rather naive to think there were no surprises waiting to be discovered in remote desert / jungle / sea locations. So I'm pretty sure some of the pics that turn-up are the real deal ... just need that extra inch to convince the naysayers ... you know the kind of thing ... lead a dino / alien etc up the main street for all to see.

Woody

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
A while back (must be nearly 3 years) I remember watching a show on tv that had video footage and analysis of stuff like Bigfoot, sea monsters and other cryptids and mysterys and there was one bit of video footage that was supposedly meant to be of a tyranosaurus type creature in I think it was Australia walking past a few huts. I remember it looking kinda fake in my opinion with how it moved but it was still pretty interesting.

I really cant for the life of me remember anything else about it, whether the experts decided it was a hoax or what. Ive searched for the footage on youtube but found nothing so if anybody knows where I can watch the footage id be really grateful.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeingFollowed
A Pterodactyl was not a dinosaur, so its impossible to classify as a "living dinosaur", even if it was alive today....

thanks for the useless info!

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

The film may have been called 'BABY' but not 100% on that. Someone else here may know what I'm talking about ... not sure I do.

Woody

It was called "Baby: Secret of the Lost legend."

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I wonder if society could adapt with dinosaurs without hurting them and putting them in some form of wildlife conservation

new topics

top topics

join