It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cash-strapped Clinton Fails to Pay Bills

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Cash-strapped Clinton Fails to Pay Bills

www.politico.com

Hillary Rodham Clinton’s cash-strapped presidential campaign has been putting off paying hundreds of bills for months — freeing up cash for critical media buys but also earning the campaign a reputation as something of a deadbeat in some small-business circles.

A pair of Ohio companies owed more than $25,000 by Clinton for staging events for her campaign are warning others in the tight-knit event production community — and anyone else who will listen — to get their cash upfront when doing business with her. Her campaign, say representatives of the two companies, has stopped returning phone calls and e-mails seeking payment of outstanding invoices. One even got no response from a certified letter.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
When is this rabid egotist and her enablers realize its over and do the graceful thing and bow out?

I used to like Hillary when she was first lady but I have come to the conclusion that she is living proof that women politicans are just as screwed up as male politicians and (this one at least) won't make America or the world any better.

I would think that such a high profile person would make sure that every cent is paid, i is dotted and t is crossed.... even if she were in the lead this makes her look real bad, and since she isn't it makes her lok even worse.

www.politico.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
To continue quotes from this article...

Their cautionary tales, combined with published reports about similar difficulties faced by a New Hampshire landlord, an Iowa office cleaner and a New York caterer, highlight a less-obvious impact of Clinton’s inability to keep up with the staggering fundraising pace set by her opponent for the Democratic presidential nomination, Illinois Sen. Barack Obama.

The New York senator’s presidential campaign ended February with $33 million in the bank, according to a report filed last week with the Federal Election Commission, but only $11 million of that can be spent on her battle with Obama.

The rest can be spent only in the general election, if she makes it that far, and must be returned if she doesn’t. If she had paid off the $8.7 million in unpaid bills she reported as debt and had not loaned her campaign $5 million, she would have been nearly $3 million in the red at the end of February.

By contrast, if you subtract Obama’s $625,000 in debts and his general-election-only money from his total cash on hand at the end of last month, he’d still be left with $31 million.

So basically her campaign has a track record as a deadbeat... if it were anyone else she would be forced to drop out now.

[edit on 31-3-2008 by grover]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Hi Groovy Grover: Very nice find. Starred and flagged. It makes me wonder how well she would handle the nation's money, if she can't even manage her own money. I agree, this makes her look very, very bad. I have a feeling she felt she had the nomination in the bag and just can't bring herself to realize it's over.

I don't like her either. I don't think Bill or Hillary are very nice people. I think that for them, winning is everything and it doesn't matter how many people you have to walk on to win. I think they're both probably sociopaths, since they lie pathologically.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Hey love.

You are totally correct. I liked Bill as president and I like him as an ambassador at large and a fund raiser for charities but he does this nation no service putting his and his "wife's" egos first and foremost before the party or the nation's well being.

It is not so much that I am a big Obama fan, I'm not really, I preferred Edwards.... but since the choice is Obama or Clinton... well you catch my drift.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by forestlady

Yes I completely agree this is indicative of her inability to manage. (Don't forget McCain was in the same spot last year.) Furthermore it is just another example of how the Clintons think they can operate above or outside of protocol. There is no shame in these people. If questioned about this issue I am quite sure she would be dismissiive and indignant.

[edit on 31/3/08 by kosmicjack]

apc

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Awesome. People should start to sue for their money.
Gotta put this stray down quick before she's able to print the cash.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by apc

you know its not often i agree - but hell yeah - start litagation and get her into court for unpayed bills allready

think about this : if this is how she runs her campaign - think how she will run the economy

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Her campaign also let the health insurance bills go unpaid!!

Among the debts reported this month by Hillary Rodham Clinton’s struggling presidential campaign, the $292,000 in unpaid health insurance premiums for her campaign staff stands out.
Clinton didn't pay health insurance bills

Jay Carson, a Clinton campaign spokesman, stressed that Clinton’s campaign pays all its bills “regularly and in the normal course of business.”

If this is an example of the "normal course of business," wouldn't you just love to see her sitting in the White House throne room?

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by goosdawg

I think its funny she runs on a platform for universal healthcare but cant pay her employee benefits in the same field.

Did I say funny, i ment pathetic.

I never liked the clintons, be it bill in office or hillary on the side lines.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Interesting stuff. Wonder why Billary isn't paying it's bills. Perhaps holding onto a cash reserve just in case? Who knows, but apparently it's better for one's business not to transact with her campaign.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Good finds, Grover - starred and flagged.

And I was just getting ready to post the "hillary doesn't pay her staff's health insurance bills" (of all things), but someone beat me to it.

So, what's a good, loyal democrat to do? Especially when hillary's main competition ends up on the internet in photos like this. People have been saying that they don't trust hillary to answer the White House phone coherently in the middle of the night. I mean what if it was Putin or the chinese on the Hot Line?

Nope, I still maintain that the best democrat (in the JFK sense of the word) running is ---- McCain.

[edit on 3/31/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Thanks. I have no problem with that photo. Still while I am not thrilled with Obama I will vote for him if he gets the nod. If its Hillary, I may very well vote for Nader.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
For 100$ i would say she raped my dog.. Who's to say they were not payed 50k just to avoid her payment. ..

Bah .. All this politics is going to my head..

(BTW I'm not a Clinton supporter. Just playing devils advocate)

[edit on 1-4-2008 by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Great post!

I am in Ohio...and she did the same thing here, her campaign owes money in Youngstown. I heard on CNN the other day that's she's 700K in the hole, while Obama has 31 million to play with.

Politicians have absolutely no shame, and no accountability. I agree with the posts here that say take her and her campaign to court.

What I find hilarious, is we wouldn't even be hearing about this in the MSM/CNN if they weren't so blatantly plugging Obama IMO.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Watching US presidential campagne I am actually wandering about this funding business!
Whole problem with free and honest elections starts with the money.
Basically, who gets more money for adverts and pays for digging dirt on an opponent gets the chair in the oval office!?
IMO, I rather see some serious debate and equal coverage on a TV and radio regardless of a party influence and wealth.
Only then can you assure honest and fair result. Everything else is a business and has nothing to do with democratic ideals.
If that was organized that way, fair and square I have no doubt that Dr. Ron Paul would be in a white house reshuffling cabinet and abolishing private "federal bank" and IRS first thing in the morning before shower and coffee.
This way you always have two parties representing few filthy rich family's in US and Europe who are essentially running everything.
This is a shame and a waste of time and money.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

I am not sure if you posted that image in jest, but that is an obvious photoshop job. See the Bush phone photos for further clarification

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
This is pretty weak if true. I had my propane people call me up and chew me out for $600 and she gets away with how much? At first I thought this was a joke like what does she pay her husband for or maybe the cloned the guy.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

Yes it's true, they have been going on and on about it on CNN at least every hour if not more. So I would assume if it wasn't true she'd have slapped a lawsuit on them. I've been hearing about it since her campaign stiffed a bunch of businesses in Vermont and New Hampshire, and that was months and months ago.

Adds: And that was BEFORE her campaign was in the hole, funds-wise. Now that's pretty sad, not paying when you have the money, let alone to keep going across the country stiffing the little people as you go.

[edit on 1-4-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
As a former restaurant slave it really bit my butt when she did that photo-op with a waitress in a diner to highlight how hard it was for the average person to make ends meet, she had lunch served her by the waitress, and then didn't tip.

Bad form really bad form.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join