It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cash-strapped Clinton Fails to Pay Bills

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by aava
reply to post by centurion1211

I am not sure if you posted that image in jest, but that is an obvious photoshop job. See the Bush phone photos for further clarification

Really. I don't see the "obvious" photoshop job, although I suppose it might be easier to "see" it if I was an O(bs)ama supporter and didn't want him to look bad.
The description of the picture when I found it suggested that it was actually a photo-op (not shop) to make it look like he was working hard and he didn't notice that he had grabbed the phone upside down ...

[edit on 4/2/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Come on now Obama is a smart man he would have surely noticed and corrected himself immeditately if it were a valid photo.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover

Come on now Obama is a smart man he would have surely noticed and corrected himself immeditately if it were a valid photo.

Come on now, just how "smart" are any of these people running for president (present and past)? A quick look at what they do and say ans it's easy to decide that they're all pretty much dopes. Hillary's Bosnia lie, O(bs)ama "not inhaling" for 20 years any of his pastor's hate speech, McCain flirting with switching parties before running for president and still hoping to get a lot of Republican votes. And who thinks Bush is "smart"? Or Kerry, or Gore. Even Bill Clinton, while considered to be "smart", surely didn't show it through his actions.

Again come on, would you or anyone else do or say the kinds of things these "smart" people have done and still hope to get elected?

[edit on 4/2/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   

The only prerequisites for being President is being smart enough to lie convincingly, and to take and implement the orders of your corporate masters.

And yeah, the picture's fake and you knew it:

Here's the original, posted on Wed, 11/28/2007 - 18:00:

Here's the source for the faked image, posted on March 03, 2008

Notice the dates...

Comments: The photo is fake, an altered version of an unattributed image found on Photobucket.com which shows candidate Obama holding the same phone properly.

The spoof version appears to have originated on IMAO.us, a political humor blog, where it was posted on March 4, 2008 under the header, "There Is an International Crisis at 3 A.M.; President Obama Answers the Call." Both the title and the Photoshopped clock on the wall refer to a scenario posed in a TV campaign ad released by Obama's rival, Hillary Clinton, in late February:

It's 3 a.m. and your children are safe and asleep. But there's a phone in the White House and it's ringing. Something's happening in the world. Your vote will decide who answers that call. Whether it's someone who already knows the world's leaders, knows the military -- someone tested and ready to lead in a dangerous world. It's 3 a.m. and your children are safe and asleep. Who do you want answering the phone?

It could also be regarded as an homage (or a rip-off) of a similar visual joke targeting George W. Bush that circulated in 2005:
About.com | Urban Legends | Obama on the Phone

The chimp supporters never could get over that one...

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by goosdawg

Dude, thank you. I was going to point out how bad of a job it was, but I figured all I'd hear back is "I can't hear youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu........"

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I said Obama was a smart man. You have to have some working brain cells to form a coherent sentence.... just look at bush minor.

Personally I think that everyone who wants to run for president should go through a battery of psychological exams before they are even allowed to file and afterwards, whether they pass or fail, they should be locked away for our own good.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by HeadFirstForHalos

google is your friend...

So long as you're not microsoft...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join