It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Did God Create Man

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I wondered this question ever since I went to a Christian School. Hopefully this is the right place and it will answer my question.

God knows everything right? God knows that man will become a failure he knew that Jesus was going to get killed. Why did God send Jesus. Why did God create man only to kill them off later with the rapture.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
same reason folks buy dogs and cats and go to all you can eat buffets.

People are nuts.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by RiddleChan

God knows everything right? God knows that man will become a failure he knew that Jesus was going to get killed. Why did God send Jesus. Why did God create man only to kill them off later with the rapture.

If anyone knows all of THOSE answers, then they are probably GOD!
Religion involves faith- either you have it, or you don't.
Humans trying to fathom why God does what God does, is like an ant trying to come up with a unified field theory.
As for the rapture, it is a relatively recent concept, as espoused by Fundamentalists. Many Christians, including myself, do not believe in the rapture as a specific temporal event.
As for man becoming a failure, is that YOUR FINAL ANSWER? I don't think the heavenly jury is in, on that one.
As for "God sending Jesus", Christians believe that Jesus IS GOD.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Well have you ever considered the possibility that God dosent exsist?

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Why would any god create humans, or any species for that matter? Well, that's obvious ~ each species is a food source for a higher species. I.E. the cows were created for the humans to chow on, and the humans were created for the reptilians to chow on. Wait, you'll see when they (the reptilians) return for the harvest in 2011.
Since humans like to play food chain and feel it's okeydokey to chow on death (flesh and blood), they should not have any problems or issues with any of this. Humans aren't a bunch of hypocrites, right? Right!

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I AM GOD!!!

And the reason I created Man was to have my Children to clean house and take out the trash...

Yeah, right, well everyone is entitled to "ONE" mistake, right?

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by RiddleChan
Why did God send Jesus. Why did God create man only to kill them off later with the rapture.

Hello - God created man to have fellowship with him. This relationship was initially perfect because God started it in complete trust and hiding nothing from him. At some point man decided to trust himself more than God, based upon what his wife had told him from the serpent, and broke that perfect relationship.

Since death in an imperfect world is a blessing, but in a perfect world a curse, God cursed man to suffer death because that is what man earned through his own actions. The wages of sin is death. You sin, you deserve the death penalty.

Because everything a fallen person does to try and redeem himself is tainted by default (since he is tainted by sin through both physical inheritance and spiritual practice) there is no way for him to make himself acceptable to a perfect God.

God, knowing this, devised the one and only method for man to become acceptable to him, to be redeemed. God sent his perfect son, Jesus the Saviour, to live a perfect life, die on the cross as a perfect, unblemished sacrifice for all sins forever, and be brought back to life three days later as proof that he was sent by the one and only, true, God - the one who has the power over life and death.

If you accept Jesus' sacrifice as your only way of becoming acceptable to God then God will remember you and you can live with him forever through forgiveness. The resurrection is our hope and promise that we will be brought back to life by God and given a new, incorruptible body, on a new earth and new heavens to live in happiness forever with our restored relationship with God.

The rapture in not a killing-off of people. It is a taking-away of people who have retained their faith and have become part of the proverbial wife of Jesus and are rescued from the impending judgment on the rest of the world by God as described in Revelation.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Yeah right dude!
Were just here to live man. Live however we want to.
We get to make a bunch of choices in life. It's pretty cool thinking back about 1 choice I had to make, and wondering where I would be in the world if I had made the other choice. There are also some things that happen that we can't control, that force us to make a completely different choice. Take my ex-girlfriend for example. The only reason she moved to the city I was in, was because a tree fell on her house back where she lived. We met, fell deeply in love, then she met the wrong people and started doing drugs and running away from her parents. I am 3 years older than her. She recently ran away again and was doing more lethal drugs and staying at crack houses. I talked to her mom about helping find her. She eventually called my cell and forgot to block the number. So I gave that number to her mom, they traced it, and found her. The day she found out I was helping her mom, she had sex with the guy she was with. She must have felt betrayed by me, but I was only trying to protect her and keep her safe, you know put her on the right path. She lives in a little town now out in the middle of no where with a couple who has offered to take good care of her. She started singing again, and shes going back to school. That was the last I heard of her. I still love her.

I feel that maybe the reason that tree fell, was so that she would meet me, and I would change her life for the better. I'm not sure where all this heartbreak and pain comes in for me, but you know whatever. As long as she's okay. You can sacrifice yourself for others, without death. I chose to give up the love of my life so she could live a better, safer life.

See what I mean man? Everything must happen for a reason, and that is the work of God. God made us and were beautiful, plentiful, and get to live however we want. Atleast as close as to however we want with the government always on our ass about it. =D

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
The better question would be why did God create "woman"? Is it to drive us crazy and then eat us alive.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2400bc
The rapture in not a killing-off of people. It is a taking-away of people who have retained their faith and have become part of the proverbial wife of Jesus and are rescued from the impending judgment on the rest of the world by God as described in Revelation.

Yes, please do, take them make-believers away, take them all away to whatever or wherever they want to believe they are going.

I'm so sick and tired these egotistical superstitious make-believing idol worshippers and their disgusting vengeful and vain contrived dogma always making others feel bad, with their never-ending threats of eternal damnation and hell. These christians are as bad as them mooslims and their threats of beheadings.

What a sick and demented lot these religious fascists are. Good riddance. Let the rest of us, us honest non-make-believers, non-liars, be judged for our sincerity and honesty and lack of threats of eternal damnation and beheadings. Religion =

Bye bye angry threatening self inflated egotistical superstitious make-believe idol worshippers, I hope you enjoy your everlasting eternal rewards in wherever it is you're going, bye bye.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Because God was in College at the time and needed to work on a Science project.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
God didnt create man, man created God.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
God created man by mistake. Then he had a better idea and created woman!! It's all good now!

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
God didn't create man.
Man didn't create god.
Man and god are one.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeroenske
God didn't create man.
Man didn't create god.
Man and god are one.

Well said. An apt way of summing up my philosophical and spiritual position.

However "God" as a concept was made by man. In truth there is only one universal energy beyond our comprehension. There is no way to know what God is, because once you know... then you are God.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by RiddleChan

It seems God made man so we could have the chance to screw up and burn in hell forever, as opposed to not existing in the first place and not having to suffer anything at all.

Nice chap. Mad, insecure, hypocritical, psychopathic. A real, mean bully.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
because once you know... then you are God.

Is that like the Dread Pirate Roberts? :-P

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Wow I to went to christian school/prison
and that was always my biggest problem with what I was taught. Why create us if he knew about all the suffering man would suffer, and even his own son.

And I highly doubt he did it for fellowship. God doesnt need fellowship he's god (if he exists). And if we were never meant to know why, then why do we have the ability to question? And no that's not because he wanted to give us free will, if it was free will we would be able to find the answer eventually. But I guess thats where faith comes in. Just never question what your told so you can ignore reality. FAITH what a convenient answer.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by theendisnear69

I suppose it is called a "plan." It seems to me that God had two plans - "Plan A" and "Plan B". If man chose to obey him plan A stays in place forever. If man chooses to disobey then plan B begins. Plan B is hiw way of salvaging those who wish to regain a relationship with him.

Perhaps God doesn't need fellowship, we don't know. If he doesn't, yet chose to seek it anyways then that seems to be an example of how much love he has. Okay, now I'm going to be attacked about how could God be loving when so-and-so bad problem exists. If somebody wants to genuinely seek answers, rather than more things to criticize, I will be glad to discuss it privately.

To the guy I made vomit - Thanks! I am honored to be hated by those who hate Jesus. Did you know that people being ungodly makes God want to vomit? Who is the standard in your life - you or God? I'm guessing it is you, that way you get to set the standard for "good" and "bad" and let me guess - you always set it just low enough for you to attain it and find yourself faultless. How convenient.

Since you hate "religion" I guess you hate your atheism (I guess you're an atheist since they are the only people who deny what they believe is religious) if you are to be consistent. Oh, that's right - you hate all religions except yours because you conveniently exclude it from the definition of "religion" to protect it from the disdain you heap upon everyone else. What a joke.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritusAs for "God sending Jesus", Christians believe that Jesus IS GOD.

Not all Christians, actually. You don't have to believe in the Holy Trinity to be a Christian.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join