It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Complex E.T. signal received by SETI

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I didn't know that whole SETI farce was still going? I think that the idea of these people trying to communicate with ET is laughable. What a waste of their time and I guess someone’s money. As if ET is going to respond

The only decent thing to come out as a result of SETI was that movie with Jody Foster

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver

Don't you realize there have been leaks? And many of them? Hackers getting into NASA, insiders and whistleblowers from the military and government itself.... soooo many people have leaked information and guess what? Nobody believes them.

You think 'everyone would know' yet you yourself are the type of person who will not believe any of it when it is leaked.

So why am I still not believing it? Am I the only one like this?
What is the cause for my scepticism? Who's fault is this, mine? Or something else?

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sleuth

Originally posted by dgtempe
Why have people monitor along when the truth will never be acknowledged? What are we, stupid?

No, dg, we're not stupid. We're hopeful. We want to believe there's something better out there and that we're not alone. There's not a damn thing wrong with that.

Nothing wrong with being hopeful.

Think about this however; If there are indeed signals of extra-terrestrial origin, there is a protocol already established in dealing with the signal-and that protocol doesn't include, in all likelihood, notifying the public.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Don't you realize there have been leaks? And many of them? Hackers getting into NASA, insiders and whistleblowers from the military and government itself.... soooo many people have leaked information and guess what? Nobody believes them.

You think 'everyone would know' yet you yourself are the type of person who will not believe any of it when it is leaked.

The problem with leaked information is that it is leaked information. It is the very nature of leaked information that makes it problematic. Leaked information is a matter of faith, particularly in a field such as UFOlogy. More times than not, the information is not verifiable. You only have the "leaker's" word that the information is genuine. Even within the UFO community there is fierce debate over leaked information; take the MJ-12 documents for instance. Sometimes the "leakers" will have no documentation, simply a story. Believers will take leaked information, on just faith alone, simply because it is telling them what they want to hear. It says UFOs are real, contradicting the standard government line, so it must be true!

However, the believers do not stop to take a critical approach to the information, never do they stop to ask what should be a fundamental question: If the government is covering-up UFOs, why should I believe leaked information just because it's what I want to hear?

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I heard Seth on C2C in January, and I had one burning question I wanted to ask him, or anybody working for SETI.
I understand they all have a vested interest in this program so they may not want to answer this question.

Assume there is ET life out in our Universe, (not hard to do here at ATS)
Assume they have developed sufficient technology to have solved SuperLuminal (faster than light) travel. (Again not a difficult assumption)
Assume they would have a need to communicate with their home base or home world. (It only makes sense)
Logic states that the solution to SuperLuminal communication is easier to solve than actual travel and they would be able to
communicate with each other instantaneously over any distance. (This means they would not use radio waves, or lasers or anything traveling at the slow speed of light)

Why are we listening for sub-luminal radio waves as proof of ET existence?
Isn't that like looking to the heavens for smoke signals?

Just an obvious question.

[edit on 31-3-2008 by GriffinRD]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I heard Seth on C2C in January, and I had one burning question I wanted to ask him, or anybody working for SETI.
I understand they all have a vested interest in this program so they may not want to answer this question.

Assume there is ET life out in our Universe, (not hard to do here at ATS)
Assume they have developed sufficient technology to have solved SuperLuminal (faster than light) travel. (Again not a difficult assumption)
Assume they would have a need to communicate with their home base or home world. (It only makes sense)
Logic states that the solution to SuperLuminal communication is easier to solve than actual travel and they would be able to
communicate with each other instantaneously over any distance. (This means they would not use radio waves, or lasers or anything traveling at the slow speed of light)

Just an obvious question.

Since this is ATS, then the conspiracy part would be,
Naturally, our government would want to waste money and keep some
scientist distracted in looking for signals they know don't exist. They sure
would not want them trying to solve the problem of what Super-Luminal communication would look like. That would be Way Above Top Secret.

[edit on 31-3-2008 by GriffinRD]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
My question... Why don't you SETI scientists go on CNN, Larry King and Fox with your earth shattering recordings and let the world judge them?

You've spend Billions sending signals of 'Leave it to Beaver' rerun's into the universe, and now you have an legitimate answer...

What's the hold up dudes?

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by GriffinRD

Its a good question GriffinRD i have wondered the same thing for quite a while. It does seem a little silly using out dated radio technology to look for signs of alien life ....... the line they normally quote is that they use the frequency which is close to the frequency of hydrogen because thats where the universe will be at its quietist (thats from memory so i could be wrong
or have missed something)

which i think leaves a couple of alternatives.
1. we are already in contact with ET and the SETI thing is a cover story

2. the gov knows that we have no hope of contacting anything and is letting SETI do the work so that in the end its SETI that look like the fools and not the gov.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Breadfan
So why am I still not believing it? Am I the only one like this?
What is the cause for my scepticism? Who's fault is this, mine? Or something else?

If you are skeptical about E.T.'s and UFO's - even after countless 'leaks' and thousands of hours of footage, thousands of eye-witness accounts... Then yes, it is your skepticism that stands in the way of consideration.

What is the cause for your skepticism? Beats me. I have a hard time seeing eye to eye with skeptics because they deny all evidence to avoid changing their perception of reality.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by GriffinRD

Of course, there are many inherent problems with the SETI way of doing things. Number one problem is that if there are no aliens, then it's all a huge waste of time. There's no good proof of alien existence, so it could all be for nothing from the get-go.

But if aliens do happen to exist, and you're looking for aliens that are kind of like us, and have gone through the same kind of history of technical development, then they may have developed radio. If you're going to assume stuff, it's not the worst assumption to make. Radio expands and spreads and goes on for a long time. It's messy. It lingers. So even if the aliens have managed to figure out some super-duper subspace communication by now, their radio will still be spreading around out there. Maybe we can snag a signal. Worth a try. You gotta start somewhere.

And what else do you suggest? We don't have a way of listening to subspace broadcasts, or broadcasts on different dimensional levels. We don't have the technology or even the understanding of these things. What's the alternative? Just wait around until we develop better technologies? Don't even bother until an alien species decides to contact us? We are kind of out in the boonies of this galaxy, and they might not care to make a visit.

Sure, it's easy to criticize, but at least it's something pro-active. You got a better idea? I'm sure we'd all love to hear it.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   

What is the cause for your skepticism? Beats me. I have a hard time seeing eye to eye with skeptics because they deny all evidence to avoid changing their perception of reality.

Oh, now, that's just not true. Skeptics like myself have studied the evidence. The problem is that it always falls just short of proving anything, other than that the evidence itself exists. The clearest flying saucer photo in the world is just that. A photo of a flying saucer. What does it prove? That something that looked like a flying saucer had a photo taken of it. That's all.

Strange radio signal? Unless it can be translated and proven NOT to have come from an earthly source, then what does it prove? Nothing. Because if it might have come from an earthly source, and it can't be proven conclusively to have originated from another planet or orbiting alien device, then "I don't know" is still going to be the best answer. "I don't know" beats everything except solid, verifiable positive proof.

And the volume of evidence only suggests that something (who knows what?) might be going on, which I admit. But 10,000 reports or photos where none of them add up to proof is logically exactly the same as 1 report that falls short of proof. Because there's no proof.

If you want to jump across that gap in the proof from flying saucer photo or weird radio signal to proof of aliens, that's fine. I don't feel like I have to make that jump just to find an "explanation" and make myself feel better. I'm content to say, "I don't know," and wait. Maybe someday there will be something to fill that gap. Maybe not. Maybe I'll never live to find out what the real story is. Aliens? Time travelers? Trans-dimensional morphic field manifestations? Might never know. But after I'm dead, who cares?

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Sleuth

I would also love to believe that there is something out there,,,however I remain skepetical as to whether or not it is going to be "better". For all we know there are Bushbots homing in right now on earth to come and steal our precious oil/

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

For evidence to be real it has to be proven so. Skeptics don't deny proof, they wait for it...so far with all of the hours of "documented" footage not one hour has yet been proven to be real. All of those who falsify, doctor evidence and just flat out lie are the ones who create the skeptics. Until an alien bites me on the ass or a ufo sideswipes my car I will not actully "believe" that ET's have a presence here on earth. If they helped build ancient structures why all the absence for the last few thousand years? Why just pop in to build a few pyramids and other such structures and then leave without a return visit to affirm their reality?

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stumpy1
For evidence to be real it has to be proven so. Skeptics don't deny proof, they wait for it...

What exactly do they wait for?

They wait for breaking news on NBC about SETI making contact?
They wait for the President to stand up and admit that ________ exists?

The 'proof' evidently belongs to people who see with their own eyes. If I were working at SETI and saw a signal I would jump online and broadcast it immediately. But I don't know how SETI actually operates, who owns it, or what national security laws dictate my release of information.

Does the skeptic consider these things? No. He demands instant satisfaction despite all common sense that the government will hide such information . All evidence that suggests otherwise is ignored.

It's not desire for proof, it is denial of existing evidence.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Paul Allen gave 25 mil to SETI in 2007. It makes me ponder what he has to gain by keeping the knowledge of contact with ETs to himself and his cronies. ....the more I think about it the more frightened I get. Does the government have any intrest in SETI anymore?

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Breadfan

Actually Whats your saying has happened. But im sure you would just discredit any leak you came across even if it was a reliable source. You Sir, are blind

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup

Originally posted by GriffinRD

Of course, there are many inherent problems with the SETI way of doing things. Number one problem is that if there are no aliens, then it's all a huge waste of time. There's no good proof of alien existence, so it could all be for nothing from the get-go.

And what else do you suggest? We don't have a way of listening to subspace broadcasts, or broadcasts on different dimensional levels. We don't have the technology or even the understanding of these things. What's the alternative? Just wait around until we develop better technologies? Don't even bother until an alien species decides to contact us? We are kind of out in the boonies of this galaxy, and they might not care to make a visit.

Sure, it's easy to criticize, but at least it's something pro-active. You got a better idea? I'm sure we'd all love to hear it.

Well that is a good question, and since you've asked it, and I've thought about it, I'm of the belief that many Seti scientist have asked that same question. (They did, I got one to finally answer me) So how do we look for a technology we don't have? Well I'm no scientist, but I'd approach the problem as simply as possible. Side effects. I'd look for side effects of superluminal activity. This assumes our current view of the physical universe is mostly correct (might be a bad idea), but to use and example, if we had no knowledge of light speed radio wave communication, but suspected the inhabitants of this planet used some form of high speed energy based communication to stay in touch, what kind of side effect would you look for?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
The human race is displaying alot of double-think about this whole ordeal. I mean the anti-extraterrestrial intelligence propaganda campaign is very see through, and now we are quite obviously being prepped for the release of information of this sort, whether falsified or true. I mean think about it? who controls the media? who made the media try so hard to make ETI's a joke? And who is it slowly leaking such tidbits of information as "Pope admits to possibility of E.T. life"? Let's see... The people who control everything you see in the media, who decide what you buy, what is available in your stores and therefore what you eat and ultimately and admittedly what you think. If you are too lazy to do the research into mind control then don't even bother speaking because I won't bother reading what you write. The three things I know that are important in my perspective on this are:

1. I have personally seen Objects in the sky that do not fit the description of any known human technology.
2. I know multitudes of people who have experienced many unusual things of this sort.
3. I know perfectly sane people who have been driven insane due to what they call "Extraterrestrial Abductions".
4. I have seen official documents admitting to massive amounts of mind control experimentation on the general public from the U.S. government, the N.S.A., the F.B.I., and the C.I.A. Not to mention History channel openly admitting to it.

I am not saying that I undoubtedly believe, but I am saying that there are many reasons why I believe something is up with this, whether true or falsified. I would not be suprised if I were to learn these things we call E.T.s are in fact the results of the genetic experimentation of the U.S. government or U.K. or even russia, since they have admitted to manipulating human genes and creating such things as human animal hybrids.

And besides it is beyond arrogance to say we are alone in the universe.
edit on 10-11-2011 by DogGod because: Correction of punctuation and addition of information.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join