It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Complex E.T. signal received by SETI

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
Why two spacecraft,why not just one?

I really don't know how they figured that out...
what they showed that part on TV was two huge space craft and the man explaining what they thought they found ...said it was the intercepted communications between the two...and the first official contact... SETI was set up to learn if this was more than a fluke.

Like you I would have liked them to go into more detail .. but at the time I think we really lacked the tools to say this came from outer space and not Uncles Bobs espresso machine...

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
just so were all on the same page here I did a quick google and while I'm not 100% more like 50/50 this was the show they talk about it... but you have to sit thhrough to the end was in the last half of the hour long show

nova sciencenow Show title "Eavesdropping on ET" www.pbs.org...

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I'm downloading the program now off mini nova, i will listen to it tonight and upload the relevant part, I hope this is something new, SETI has changed a lot in the past few years its hard to keep up, did i read right you have to pay now to download the software? a few years back they where begging people to download it for free and use their off line time to allow their computers to do the analyzing,

I have had a feeling for some time that something was brewing and becoming harder for those in the know to keep quiet, Myself i don't need any convincing ET is real would be nice however to be able to sit and reflect on a future where everything in the solar system was open to all, I don't even think the debunker's can do much anymore other than just sprout off utter nonsense IMO about things they are praying is not real, i get the feeling a lot of them if not all are terrified to face up to the fact we are not alone, perhaps they think they will be first into the pot

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

How do I get c2c,what station is it on?

You should be able to find a station near you.

www.coasttocoastam.com...

In most places it airs late at night, beginning 1 AM Eastern Time.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Breadfan

Breadfan can you be a little bit more detailed in your answers? ive noticed in a few threads now you jump in and not dispute but ridicule the topics with mostly one liners and to be honest comments that make no sense at all, but it always seems to be in the UFO forum, do you have a reason why you totally dismiss the chance of ET? obviously you can't dismiss UFO's because they have been proven 100% to exist simply because UFO does not mean it is ET.

I know you where being sarcastic in your microwave comment, but does this help the topic at all? And while you have your opinion just like the rest of us do, would you not like to discuss why you don't believe in ET? i would like to hear all opinions from all sides, what are your views?

azz

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

If you(breadfan)do not believe in et's than I see no reason for you to be on ATS-as ets are its primary focus.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Area51compound

Wow,it does come on late,I doubt Ill ever get to listen,I go to school 5 days a week,gota get up a 6.I might try and listen if I get the time on wekends,but thanx for the link anyways.Guess Ill just read what was said on here

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

reply to post by Area51compound

Wow,it does come on late,I doubt Ill ever get to listen,I go to school 5 days a week,gota get up a 6.I might try and listen if I get the time on wekends,but thanx for the link anyways.Guess Ill just read what was said on here

Wuss. It's the insomniac bird that gets the paranoid worm. Stay up late, cut class, and get a first class case of the jitters. Nobody's better at telling ghost stories around the campfire than Art Bell and some of his guests.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

You have an IGNORE button, so if you don't wanna read my posts, that's the way to go.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   

If you(breadfan)do not believe in et's than I see no reason for you to be on ATS-as ets are its primary focus.

I don't believe SETI caught anything and thus my comment. You as well, have this nice IGNORE button that will erase my posts from your thread view.
It's cool, I have few people there already and it works like a charm.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Breadfan
The only thing SETI has made contact with, is some broken microwave oven dumped from some shuttle 20 yrs ago.

Yeah but that wouldn't even emit radiation... pff.

If SETI has made contact with anything it would have gone directly to the military and government. You think the people who 'run' SETI own it? Hardly. Did you know Steve Wosniak supposedly owned SETI at one point? And all of a sudden he was out of contact for years... and SETI shut down... something happened, and the owners decided to pull the plug.

Think about it. There's a reason you think SETI was a failure... that's what they want you to think. You have a very narrow view of reality and consider all possibilities to be finite. They are infinite. The possibility that SETI has made contact and Breadfan on ATS does not know is high, is it not? I believe so. Unless you own SETI. Do you own SETI, Breadfan? That would be neat.

[edit on 30-3-2008 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
As I see it Seti is no different then NASA.

They will tell you whatever and whenever they are told to tell you.

This is not meant to make anyone mad but if you think about it doesn't common sense tell you they are here and if they wanted to communicate with you they could very easily in any language.

Just find the right frequency and stop paying so much attention up and focus down use low frequency wave lengths.

But what do I know.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Area51compound
On last night's (3/28-3/29 2008) Coast to Coast AM show Art Bell mentioned the most extraordinary thing in passing.

He said SETI has received a very complex signal they suspect may be of
extraterrestrial origin. If I heard him correctly, he said they're still working on analyzing it and will release information about it when they've come to a conclusion.

I've searched the SETI website and did a Google News search but could find nothing on this topic.

Did you hear what I heard on last night's program? Do you have any more info than what I've written here?

I can't believe Bell would drop such a bombshell so offhandedly and just move on. Do my ears deceive me?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Do you know how FALSE Coast to Coast is. A lot of it is scripted.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by xweaponx

Do you know how FALSE Coast to Coast is. A lot of it is scripted.

Ah, but you've seen through it all!

It's amusing to watch you navigate your way through your self-constructed Fun House Hall of Mirrors.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

Poor goverement. Every time we don't have evidence of aliens buzzing around or sending SMS messages to our big white dish, we blame it on them for covering it up.

I'm telling you, if they did in fact receive any alien signal, we would have known by now. In this age of internet, it's almost impossible to hide anything. Leak is the key word.

What's stopping a SETI employee to go to a local internet cafe and send a PM to one of the mods here with all the relevant info? Unless you think they're being held there at gun point and have some implants which will make them explode if they leave the compound?

Hey! I just gave u a new consipiracy theory!

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Sorry this is a bit late, but for future reference.

radiotime.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by lightoflife
reply to post by atsguy_106

thats not due to be announced to "anyone " untill the end of may earliest,
you sure you heard right ?
have you been eating "orbitally rearranged monoatomic elements"?
it should not be possible for your kind to do this yet !
these are things you should not kn....

video.google.com...

=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Um.... did anyone else here think what LightOfLife said above...
was very odd?

So this question is to Light or anyone else...

What does that statement mean?

You seem to "know" something no one else here knows...
we are not supposed to know about this?

Please.... explain!

Thanks

T patrick

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
So I listened to the Art Bell show last night. Greer made an unsubstantiated claim about SETI receiving some mysterious signal but he had nothing to back it up other than his own assertion. Bell made no mention of checking with SETI. He did mention that a number of people have challenged Greer to substantiate his various claims, but he didn't press him any further, as is his usual custom.

So basically it's:

"OK, folks. Break it up. There's nothing to see here. Go on home."

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Breadfan
I'm telling you, if they did in fact receive any alien signal, we would have known by now. In this age of internet, it's almost impossible to hide anything. Leak is the key word.

Breadfan, you've got to be kidding me. You are one of the starchest anti-conspiracy posters in the Alien forum... and here you go and say stuff like this.

Don't you realize there have been leaks? And many of them? Hackers getting into NASA, insiders and whistleblowers from the military and government itself.... soooo many people have leaked information and guess what? Nobody believes them.

You think 'everyone would know' yet you yourself are the type of person who will not believe any of it when it is leaked.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Again artbell and steve greer says SETI have signal from aliens??? how many times are they going to use this news often?? every 3 or 4 months? i hear this a few months back again from art bell and steve.
Remmeber this:
Artbell loves ratings, thats his job to manke profit for the stations, so any infor on UFO around flying (not true) he will spill like hot beans so people get to hear them the "stay tune for next episode" syndrome comes. So remember art bells just do this for Ratings..money!

Steve:
He lost his compass long time ago, he was very nice after the news conference in 2001, but after that everything ran out of hill, he started with his spiritual thing (instead of making more people in the inside come out), and lots a lot of credibility. Now he just rumbles here and there with the SETI signal, the spiritual stuff and their "manual on how to contact a UFO and Alien companions" just pay 350 dls and go to a excursion..LOL

I am so sorry but even if they mention that i dont really believe anything from them, time and time again they have both faile to bring the truth out..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join