It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Complex E.T. signal received by SETI

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
On last night's (3/28-3/29 2008) Coast to Coast AM show Art Bell mentioned the most extraordinary thing in passing.

He said SETI has received a very complex signal they suspect may be of
extraterrestrial origin. If I heard him correctly, he said they're still working on analyzing it and will release information about it when they've come to a conclusion.

I've searched the SETI website and did a Google News search but could find nothing on this topic.

Did you hear what I heard on last night's program? Do you have any more info than what I've written here?

I can't believe Bell would drop such a bombshell so offhandedly and just move on. Do my ears deceive me?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Hmm are you sure it wasn't a flashback episode (I.e. old episode replayed) there isn't even a mention on his page, which lends me to suspect you just caught a replay

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
No, it was a new program with Prof. Kaku.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by atsguy_106

thats not due to be announced to "anyone " untill the end of may earliest,
you sure you heard right ?
have you been eating "orbitally rearranged monoatomic elements"?
it should not be possible for your kind to do this yet !
these are things you should not kn....

video.google.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
WOW !! If this is the real deal it would be exciting days for everyone. Wonder what the message says? Hmmmm i know, Planet For Sale, Bidders Welcome. No Time Wasters. Earth Invited To Observe !!

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Well.... let's hope this is real! I really hope so. The world needs something like this. Maybe the world would change for the better in the long run.

And let's hope it doesn't end up being kept a secret....

[edit on 29-3-2008 by GrayFox]

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

A news story from television station KTVU, Oakland (California) that appeared on the internet on January 15 has led some to believe that a credible radio signal from space may have been recently detected - a signal that might be ascribable to extraterrestrial intelligence.

This story, while obviously exciting, is somewhat misleading, and derives from some miscommunication between the reporter and Dan Werthimer, who runs the University of California, Berkeley SETI program.

Dan was describing Berkeley's new instrumentation for detecting very short radio pulses - a signal type that might be used by extraterrestrials to "ping" our world to get attention. He also mentioned the detection of such a pulse, a few months ago (not "last week", as reported in the internet story). That pulse was actually recorded by the Parkes Radio Telescope, in New South Wales, Australia several years ago during a search for pulsars, but only recently looked at by researchers at West Virginia University as they sifted through these old data. Their results were published on September 27 of last year.

www.seti-inst.edu...

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Stephen Greer said the same thing at one point. Like this, nothing came of it.

Supposedly SETI has already been contacted. Fully. Between NASA and certain owners of SETI full intelligence on E.T.'s is already available. They are in contact, they are communicating.... have been for a while. And no, they have yet to tell the public this: however what I find interesting is that people like Greer and Art Bell have inside information? They are both insiders if you ask me : and they know that casually mentioning such things will get people worked up. Nothing comes of it. They are part of the effort to hold information back, not release it.

Look into Art Bell and his show sometime. He is not what he seems. He has excellent guests but the man himself is a shill for the NWO. It's painfully obvious when you see the way he throws stories like this out in the air to let them die. Also when he talks to certain guests he 'leads' them with his questions into certain directions. Lawyers do this...

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Terrapop

Thanks Terrapop. That may explain it.

Bell didn't say so explicitly, but I got the impression he had spoken recently with Shostak or someone at SETI and was conveying current information. But, as I say, he mentioned it almost in passing and it surprised me such "news" wasn't given more attention. So, I'm hoping to learn more about this or get some definitive clarification.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I was listening as well Area51Compound when Art said that statement. It was quick, but he said that Dr. Steven Greer had some information on a recently picked up (hush hush) signal by SETI that could very well be of extraterrestrial origin. Art said that was one of the things (hopefully true) that Dr. Greer would be speaking on further this Sunday (mar 30, 2008).
As a matter of fact, thats why I came here as well, to see if anyone else had caught that quick statement. Couldn't find much on the net either, or at least, nothing of the same tone Art spoke in, but why would we/ I if it is fresh. We can only guess the hoops they'll run through before its public.
Not sure if that article by Terrapop is in fact what was being spoken about. Possible. I know I'll be waiting to see tomorrow what Greer says.
If it is so, lets hope they tell us!

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I think this may be the same signal from January- The truth will not be made public,
and they're just playing with our heads.

When i think i wasted so much memory downloading that silly SETI software and then i had a hard time getting rid of it too, it makes me mad.
Why have people monitor along when the truth will never be acknowledged? What are we, stupid?

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
SETI probably just wants to confirm it before any big announcement is made, it would be extremely embarrassing for any media outlet (except maybe India Times) to post such a story before it could be confirmed.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
When i think i wasted so much memory downloading that silly SETI software and then i had a hard time getting rid of it too, it makes me mad.
Why have people monitor along when the truth will never be acknowledged?

No kidding... if you ask me they allow such charades to keep people from realizing that they're being lied to.

"No, there really are aliens out there, just keep lookin for them."

Meantime they are in the middle of their twentieth transmission

*edit* By the way, I'm not kidding. This is the situation according to insiders.

[edit on 30-3-2008 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Why have people monitor along when the truth will never be acknowledged? What are we, stupid?

No, dg, we're not stupid. We're hopeful. We want to believe there's something better out there and that we're not alone. There's not a damn thing wrong with that.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by dimensional
I was listening as well Area51Compound when Art said that statement. It was quick, but he said that Dr. Steven Greer had some information on a recently picked up (hush hush) signal by SETI that could very well be of extraterrestrial origin. Art said that was one of the things (hopefully true) that Dr. Greer would be speaking on further this Sunday (mar 30, 2008).

Thanks Dimensional. I didn't hear Greer's name mentioned but it appears we were receiving on the same "wavelength." Thanks for the tip. I'll be sure to tune in Sunday's show.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
How do I get c2c,what station is it on?

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
By the way terrapop,love that avatar.Im with some on her who think SETI has already made contact,and if they do decide to disclose it,it wouldnt be anything new.Remember the "WOW" signal,whatever happened to that-IMO a leak,and quickly sniped.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The only thing SETI has made contact with, is some broken microwave oven dumped from some shuttle 20 yrs ago.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
If memory serves the SETI program was set up because there was already one report of a possible contact by the folks at the VLA in New Mexico. At the time they reasoned the radio source had to come from two space craft as there were no stars with planets where the signal originated. this was also brought up in a PBS show about the SETI program. I think it was a NOVA ep???
Anyway this first contact paved the way for Berkley to apply for the grants to get SETI started.
maybe this was what he was talking about and thought it was a new find???

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Why two spacecraft,why not just one?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join