It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So old Wukky gets to be alone eh?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
There are a few things you can do.

First, it's of no importance how old you are, what you look like or how much money you have.

Sure, if you're 26, built like an NFL superstar with a bank balance that reads like a novel, no need to sweat. But that's beside the point. You probably aren't any of those things but here's the good news: no need to sweat that either.

Question: You've been successful with women in the past, at least once. Do you remember the mind-set, the attitude, the way you spoke when you first got together?

Question: Can you get in to that mind-set again?

Somewhere between being a guy she wanted to be with, and being a guy she didn't want to be with, my bet is that you did quite a few things wrong, one after the other.

Speculation:

1. You started being "nice".

2. You called her all the time.

3. You bought her presents.

4. You let her decide.

5. You were "needy" a lot.

6. You stopped being funny and started being serious. You started talking about responsibilties in the context of your "relationship", OBLIGATIONS that she was required to fulfill in every department.

My suggestions:

1. Sure, go online, don't post a photo, just make your profile funny and bit derisory of the world in general. Check the profiles of the responders and then ignore them, do nothing, even if she is a supermodel offering to have your babies, ignore them at least once - they will try again.

2. If you do contact, don't make the above mistakes again. Take a "easy come - easy go" approach. Don't buy presents, don't talk about "feelings". Be skeptical, be a little cruel

3. Try to enter in to the mindset you had before the last "she". Why did she like you? Who cares? If any woman says "I love you" say "I know" and make a joke of it.

4. Slow down in your physical movements and your speech. This communicates a good sense of self-confidence. Google David DeAngelo.

5. Luck has nothing to do with it. Women don't know why they are attracted, they just feel it, or they don't. I have seen guys, semi-alcoholic, without a penny, dressed in five year old clothes ( clean though), with smiling laughing women on their arm half their age, beautiful, educated, with stars in their eyes just because of they way they talk and their attitude.

6. Give up all feelings of resentment or jealousy or a sense of injustice having been perpetrated on you, or sulkiness. This makes you entirely unattractive.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by undermind

Good advice bro.

You're not a "Pick-up Artist" are you?

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Very well done!

I guess your back to the ignore part again What!

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Givenmay

Oh Crapola crayons! The same stuff over and over, I guess it must be right, treat women like they are nothing and they will come flocking. WTF. Ugg. So can I pretend to be a prick then turn out to be a nice guy?

No thats listed as a part that women bolt from.

Shoot. I just want to be a nice guy. Dang nab it. being a douche isn't my style. ugg. course its been what? what year is this? OMG!
Ok wukkys got to be kinda a jerk. *sigh*

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
edit: oops haha

[edit on 30-3-2008 by thehumbleone]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

It's not about being a prick dude. It's about having a spine, women don't like men who only pretend to be nice just so they'll like them.

Don't be afraid to tease them and bust on their balls once in a while. However this does not mean insulting them. that's a no no.

For example, let's say you get a number from a woman; Afterward you could tell her: Don't worry, I'll only call you like ten times a day. lol Of course you're saying it jokingly.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone

Don't be afraid to tease them and bust on their balls once in a while.

...teasing is great...

right once again!

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I know what you mean. The question is: did your (former) girlfriend?

You just want to be nice? Earth to Whatukno: women secretly DESPISE nice. Is that nice of them? You've probably met nice women, you just want one like that, it can't be too hard to find one can it?

A pretty, slightly sentimental, intelligent, sexy, generous woman who anticapates things, a supportive, caring, consulting conversationalist with fantastic taste in everything and wants nothing more than to supply you with sex and bask in your approval. Sounds good huh? Sure.

Unless you're the woman.

Have you ever been idealized by someone, whatukno?

If you idealize someone, that shows you have expectations.

Have you ever had someone have expectations of you?

It's uncomfortable. It's unpleasant. It's a turnoff. It makes you want to shatter that mind set, and women are no different. Niceness: it's like suffocating them with fluffy toys.

Guys get all end of the worldy when some woman who was their world (idealized/expectations) leaves them. How could she do that?

The guy whose book "Trout Fishing in America" cover is your avatar whatukno - Richard Brautigan - is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. He lived a dream of happiness, but she couldn't stand him imposing these eternal expectations on her which is what was really underneath his idealizing. People HATE it when someone close expects them to be a certain way. You hate it, admit it. Everyone hates it. She rejected him, and he's plunged into darkness. Suddenly, the world, women, everything and everyone is the embodiment of evil. He buys a gun, and the world loses another great artist.

Underneath being "nice" is an agenda. That's what she leaves: the agenda.

"Dress sexy for my funeral, my dear wife

For the first time in your life"

(Bill Callahan (SMOG))

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   

My Avatar actually comes from Still Life With Woodpecker by Tom Robbins, but I get your point.

These rules change so much when you get married. I guess Ill have to retrain myself. Get out of that husband mode.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
The trick is to LOOK like the badass, badboy type.

Motorcycle, punk hair, fake tats, mirrored shades.

Then you can get the gurls and still be yourself.

In fact, IME, you never have to do any fishing; they come to you.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

I hope you're not serious. Probably not.

Although that might work on dumb little high school girls. But Whatukno is not in high school, he's already a grown man, probably looking for a classy woman.

There's no need for that.

Although, I do agree on one aspect of your post, and that is having something unique about your look that makes you stand out. It doesn't have to be overdone though. I always find subtly works best. It's good cause it shows you have confidence to be unique. It's doesn't necessarily have to be a "badboy" image.

[edit on 31-3-2008 by thehumbleone]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
The trick is to LOOK like the badass, badboy type.

Motorcycle, punk hair, fake tats, mirrored shades.

Then you can get the gurls and still be yourself.

In fact, IME, you never have to do any fishing; they come to you.

Yeah, Yeah. True enough. But there ARE two extremes. The bad boys in leather, and the Sexy guys in a suit and tie. Women can fall for either one.
As the saying goes...
Clothes make the man.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

So what your saying AD is that wearing the right thing is the key? Well since you are who you are I guess you might be right. That's it! Time to rethink what I wear! Suite and tie or bad ass. Now that I think about it a little bit I really think you are on to something! Need to find that damn leather jacket...and buy some new sunglasses. I've always attributed sunglasses with ladies getting lol.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by tetsujin420

Since Iam who Iam..means what Tets?
I just fall for both types..to a fault.
Of course it takes MORE than just clothing to keep a woman's attention. But it gives a great first impression, and you only get one shot at that.
Just keep in mind Tets..the way you dress will also have an affect on the types of girls you attract. For those who think I'm being shallow, try it as an experiment for yourself. Go out dressed like crap and see how much attention you get. Then get all spiffed up and try it.
Kind of a light bulb moment.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Sunglasses bad. My eyes are my best feature, well least thats what I have been told.

Ok so let me recap what I have learned in this thread see if I got what you all are saying...

First off ignore women, cause this breeds mystery in you... (logically this would make me think that your not interested, but hey ok.)

So basically I cannot make first contact. (great way to meet women)

Dress nicely. (this I understand)

Be kind of a Cheany/Nickson(first name) (no clue why but apparently being slightly an ass is good for you in a relationship)

Don't by any means be nice to a woman, cause apparently caring about someones feelings is to a woman like garlic is to a vampire.

Ok to sum up, be everything that I hear women complain about guys. Gotcha!

Am I getting this?

See y'all got to remember I was married for 4 years, the rules change when you get married. DRASTICALLY by my estimation in this thread... So forgive me for being a little clueless.

[edit on 4/1/2008 by whatukno]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

Sunglasses bad. My eyes are my best feature, well least thats what I have been told.

All the more reason to hide them, then when the time is right, the reveal.

A good pair of sunglasses is an important accessory, and as we all know, accessories are everything!

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Oh AD you know we luv you! The "you are who you are" thing was only saying ouy are AD! The one with lots of life experiance and, well since you are a lady you would know better then any guy I would think lol

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Damn, you are lost bro. I tried to help you all I could, good luck out there man. :shk:

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

First off ignore women, cause this breeds mystery in you... (logically this would make me think that your not interested, but hey ok.)

So basically I cannot make first contact. (great way to meet women)

Dress nicely. (this I understand)

Don't by any means be nice to a woman, cause apparently caring about someones feelings is to a woman like garlic is to a vampire.

Am I getting this?
[edit on 4/1/2008 by whatukno]

What, you know I dont think you could pass as the badboy type!
I just don't see it in you!

You have to know when the time is right to ignore the woman, and you can use yours eyes a lil to make first contact!

You can be nice, just try not to overdue it!

I find humor to be attractive!

...and by the way you commented on my new avatar...
"Whoa damn! I already miss flower licking girl! 3/10"

I feel as if you are trying some of this on me by making me feel lower, in some way!

*Courtney*

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Givenmay

...and by the way you commented on my new avatar...
"Whoa damn! I already miss flower licking girl! 3/10"

I feel as if you are trying some of this on me by making me feel lower, in some way!

Not you, sorry it was your avatar I was commenting on not the person. I don't mean to make you feel lower in any way. Your avatar is freaky. I liked your other one better. Thats all, nothing against you as a person.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join