It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need to get this off my chest.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Hello members I am new to this I have been a troller here for some time but never had the nerve to become a member, I have decided to tell my story because it weighs on my mind and I feel that sharing my experience with like minded people will help.

About ten years ago I was vistiting my mother and father in the S.F. Bay Area. I went in the back yard where my dad and nephew were playing, my nephew looked at me and said " uncle look at that helicopter " he was about 4 or 5 at the time, I looked up and saw a silver disc in the sky. I asked my father what is that? My father in all his wisdom said I don't know I am going in the house! I stayed in the back yard for what was 2-3 min watching this object which was about 300 yards up as I said it was silver, shaded black on the bottom it was seamless with no windows. What stood out the most to me was that the air around it was distorted? I guess that would be the best way to explain it, it looked like the heat waves that come of a cars hood on a hot day. I remember feeling like my mind was split in two as I watched this. Half my brain kept saying blimp but it was it was not that high up, growing up in the Bay Area I have seen my fair share of blimps driving by the Oakland Colisium and Candlestick Park.
The other half was screming to me ufo.

I ran in the house and told my brother, he is a big ufo buff and we spent a lot of time debating this, not to say I did not belive but like I told my brother with a universe that is unlimtted in size why would they bother with us I said and I quote " I have to see one to belive it " Watch what you ask for, we went outside threw the front door and it was gone. In hind site we should have went to the backyard, my thinking is we did not see it going to the front of the house because it was shaded on the bottom. Some kind of cloaking device maybe? My brother was mad ofcouse but belived me because of what I said to him, I don't remember telling him this but when I ran in the house he said I told him come look at this blimp that looks like a ufo.

Denial is something else your brain sometimes does not want to accept what is staring you in the face. For about a month after words I would get depressed and scared thinking on it, I have since come to terms with this and just want to know what is going on in our world. Which I think we will never truly know due to government agendas.

Thank you for allowing me to post this, it makes me feel better knowing I had a place to share this without all the you are crazy looks. But I am sure there a people who will read this and doubt and that's fine but to get this off my chest just make me feel a little better.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by bosscat73

Welcome to ATS bosscat.

I hope you enjoy your time here.

Dizzie

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Welcome bosscat73. ATS can be a very cool place to get things off one's chest! Congrats for finally joining!

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Interesting story! You'll fit right in too. It kind of makes your dad look bad when he was scared and ran inside and left you out there though.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
You lucky devil you. I've never even seen a UFO and I actually want to. (I've seen a Bigfoot but thats a different story.)

Thanks, for sharing and I hope it helped getting it off your chest.

Welcome to ATS.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

I was wondering what subject you are an expert in? It can't be this section. How does one become an expert in a subject that you have never have seen? Just curious.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by gauncents
reply to post by mrwupy

I was wondering what subject you are an expert in? It can't be this section. How does one become an expert in a subject that you have never have seen? Just curious.

I'm the FSME in the liberal forum. Trust me, I'm pro choice on EVERYTHING! If you have the back side to pay for it than by all means give the world a show.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Thanks for the reply, in some ways I feel lucky I mean I have never seen one since and everything happens for a reason. Its funny that my brother who is really into this subject missed out, but like I said in my post I had at one time felt depressed over it. Alot of people feel ignorance is bliss and sometimes I wish I could live my life that way to walk around this earth and not worry about the state our world is in but for us and our childrens sake that is just stupid! And I can't stand stupid people and stupidity is the red headed step-child of ignorance so I guess I am screwed.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Nice story and welcome. I too just started posting. I have never seen one that was obvious but believe that I have seen somethings that I could not explain. Enjoyed the story.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Good story and welcome to ATS! I looked around this site for a year before joining, just joined the 27th. Consider yourself lucky that you got to see such a wondrous thing

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Good story and welcome to ATS!

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
hey
welcome 2 ATS, im still a n00b my self and i also had my own ufo encounter i have a thread about it but nobody responded to it
if u wanna check it out click on my name and go on my most recent thread

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Welcome bosscat. I've seen two UFOs in my life and after each I experienced a mix of fear and exhiliration. A strange sensation indeed. Welcome to ATS!

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Hi BossCat,
I also have never seen a Ufo, is it true your
character was taken from Phil Silver's Bilko?

But still... Welcome to the Rock.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Hi

You mean you were a 'lurker', no?

You only started 'trolling' when you started feeding us these BS stories without any proof ....

Only kidding (but as you'll know it sometimes gets like that).

Great experience - thanks for sharing.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
ok discount my other post cause some ppl have started responding

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Welcome boss!
The Bay area huh!
This area has been quite a hive of sightings for some time now, if you still live there keep looking up!
Enjoy
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread231050/pg1

www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread316480/pg1

www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread315444/pg1

H

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Welcome Bosscat73!
I'm curious, please elaborate.
- Was the UFO moving at all? Was there something in the background (clouds?) so you could see whether it was moving or not?
- Why do you want to get this off your chest - don't you ever speak about it in your family?
Thanks for the post.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by nablator

I really felt the need to get it off my chest because I feel it should be shared it was a great experience in my life but, you just can't share it with anyone most people say they belive you but give you that look out of the corner of they're eye like you are a little crazy. It is just good to share the experience with people with like minds.

No, it was a really nice day, it was a little windy there were no cloulds in the sky, I would not say it moved but it was not still the air around it was distorted, like the heat waves that come off a car on a hot day! For me once I saw it my life has been different in the sense that I now know that there is more to this world and universe.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Thanks for answering.

The heat effect is interesting. I wonder if you were seeing something else than heat. Let me explain: light refracting through hot moving air, like the exhaust of a car or a plane's engine for example, blurs your view of the background. You can't see air, hot or cold unless there is something visibly distorted in the background. When the background is uniformly blue, you can't really see the difference. So was the UFO shimmering itself, or only the air around it?

Sorry to quiz you like that, but precision matters, and in a recent thread there has been a lengthy discussion about a triangular shadow around a UFO, that could be hinting at the way the UFO controls the air around it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join