It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whoa! Have you guys seen this close-up footage of 'Champ'?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I have never seen this one before! I don't know what the heck that could be! It's right next to the boat!

www.cryptomundo.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
It's pretty amazing footage, but the question I have is did these guys pick up anything on their fish finder? Something that large would have shown up on the display.

Peace

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

It's really unclear. Looks like a big turtle head maybe. I think the news label they put on the screen is covering something up. Could just be a giant fish.

[edit on 28-3-2008 by stikkinikki]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I've seen carp and catfish bigger than that. Sturgeon also grow to be very big. Too bad they did have a spear gun or something to nail it. But it's hard to be prepared for that kind of thing.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
This video is always been in my top three of favorite cryptid videos. I go back and forth on it all the time. Even though it looks really nice, I always have Northern Pike stuck in my head.

What I always find weird about this footage, is whenever a new lake monster documentary is made, this footage is never used. Is there some sort-of copyright on this piece?

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
The wake is interesting but what about the picture at 3:00? They show it; it's the first picture when you click the link. Is that the head or a tentacle or even seaweed? Either way this could have been something very normal.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
more on this video:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
I've seen carp and catfish bigger than that. Sturgeon also grow to be very big.

Well, I could be wrong, but from what I could tell, that wasn't the 'whole' creature we were seeing there, but possibly just its head and neck...I won't make any assertions with absolute certainty, but this does appear to be a highly unusual object, and it appears to be alive by its movements.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Pretty interesting. I see some of the comments over on that site are saying it is a flipper of a large animal. I think it is a fish but I truely hope I am wrong and a new species is discovered. Thanks for starting the thread and finding the video!

S

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Scientists that picked up sonar signals have determined that the creature is 15 feet long.
For the story and what I believe to be a picture of the head out of water:
www.s8int.com...

Dinosaurs and Bigfoot creatures are FOR REAL so the creation AND evolution theories/stories are BOTH wrong. UFOs bring and create
the Bigfoot creatures as they have also CREATED US.

[edit on 28-3-2008 by realanswers]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
Well, I could be wrong, but from what I could tell, that wasn't the 'whole' creature we were seeing there, but possibly just its head and neck...I won't make any assertions with absolute certainty, but this does appear to be a highly unusual object, and it appears to be alive by its movements.

That's what is suggested, but I'm thinking that it has to do with the way the water is refracting around the wake of the boat. If you look at a human being swimming under water from above, you'll see the same kind of distorted skinny wiggliness and legs that will sort of trail off into points the deeper they get.

Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
more on this video:

Here is another thread, on page two of it there are some good stills.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
It's pretty amazing footage, but the question I have is did these guys pick up anything on their fish finder? Something that large would have shown up on the display.

Peace

Yes, but many fish finders do not give you an actual display of sonar echoes. They interpret the echoes and show you their symbols for fish, trees, etc. It would not have shown as a Champ shape, but probably as a large fish shape. But then these guys were pro fisherman, so they could have had real sonar and not just a "fish finder".

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

Peace

Yes, but many fish finders do not give you an actual display of sonar echoes. They interpret the echoes and show you their symbols for fish, trees, etc. It would not have shown as a Champ shape, but probably as a large fish shape. But then these guys were pro fisherman, so they could have had real sonar and not just a "fish finder".

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I find it funny that all these pictures and videos of "monster" sightings are so damn bad! I mean, in this day and age it should be possible to get a "perfect" footage of a sighting in HD or whatever. Either it is a UFO or a creature or whatever. But, then again. I am absolutly familiar with what happens in stressed out situations and stuff, but the VHS quality videos and stuff should be over with now, don't ya think?
I'm not saying that this perticular video is grainy or bad, but the fishing men really should make sure that what they see in the water gets on tape! They should at least pick up the camera and zoom in and stuff. All we see is something underneath the surface, but it could be anything really! The FBI has even analyzed the video to make sure it's authentic! Not that we trust the FBI, but the media and most other people do.
Now, if they had something REAL on tape they would've had the first real proof of an old "monster" surviving after all this time!! But they don't! It's just another thing the skeptics can laugh at!

Can you feel my frustration??

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
yep, I beat them to it. I put it up awhile back. see here ( www.abovetopsecret.com... )

It is a long neck creature of some sort.

This is the place to go look - see!!

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Once again I'm enticed with the prospect of amazing footage of some unexplainable phenomenon and--once again--I'm presented with some blurry, short, lackluster footage.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Threadfall

I don't know.

I myself have looked at that film alot.

It sure is (too me) one of the best lake monster clips I've seen.

The "lips" of the creature is what gets me.

I wish there was more, and an update.

Also, does anybody know where Dennis Jay Hall is ( of Champ quest) the guy totally disapeared.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
I have never seen this one before! I don't know what the heck that could be! It's right next to the boat!

Whoa!! Have you ever tried the search function up there in the right hand corner?

Just giving you a little bit of a hard time, couldn't resist. Actually, now that I think of it, you can even find one of the threads on this from just last week.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I thought the footage by the boat was good....I don't know how they were supposed to get better footage unless they happened to have an underwater camera on them and jumped into the water

I have seen sturgeons longer then 4 feet, and that didn't look like a sturgeon to me, but whatever it was, it's interesting.

Thanks for posting it, I hadn't seen it before this

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join