It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Lethally Stupid Can One Country Be?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The problem in the UK is that most people are pretty straightlaced and can't conceive of the government doing anything wrong in any form except maybe a few mis-appropriations, bungs or general money grubbing.

I have to be very careful who I speak to about ATS - and even then it's a case of "not everything is a conspiracy" and whilst that may be true, there are lots and lots of things we don't know and probably never will.

I'd love to be around in 50 years when documents relating to whats going on in the world today come out in the open.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

This boggles my mind Budski---You guys have literally a more invasive and tax-happy gov than our own. The surveillance you guys are under would make Orweill cringe.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
You are all right. All people do now days is bitch and gripe and complain about how America is doing it's thing. But has anyone done anything to stop it? Has anyone talked to their congressman or senators and overflowed them with emails and telephone calls about the situation and that we're tired of it? Has anyone got together with all people who hate this administration and the war and stood on the steps of Washington DC to stop it? Has any soldier stopped fighting in Iraq because he know it is wrong and said the hell with this? No ! America is full of a bunch of government dependent wussies who couldn't make it without them. The American dream is gone and the American elite are not finished yet. Until a country can stand up with it's people doing the right thing then it's gonna crumble like Rome and wisp away like dust in the wind.

[edit on 3/28/2008 by Solarskye]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I'd say about 50% of the USA didnt vote for him to be in office (both times) and in my memory, I remember one or maybe both of the elections being 'stolen' due to faulty voting machines and various other nefarious activity allowing him to be president. It always bugs me when people blame the american people for Bush's actions. for those reasons and a few more.

I didn't vote for him, I'm an american, I'm not stupid, nor is half the country, and possibly even more then half. It's such a generalization to say that the country is stupid, its our washington government that's stupid, not the American people.

just my 2 cents...
Tela

[edit on 3/28/2008 by Telafree]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by goosdawg
reply to post by Apolon

My opinion leans towards extremely calculated policy disguised as astronomically stupid.

And it's been in the works for generations.

Our hope lies in educating the masses, if that's possible.

Education is dangerous - every educated person is a future enemy.
Hermann Goering

And the PTB know it, that's why the education system in America is in shambles, and the general public is the "best" entertained in history.

Keep the masses occupied and ignorant, and the PTB can get away with murder.

Literally.

[edit on 28-3-2008 by goosdawg]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
In other words Bush is there by design and not by ramdom chance, just look at who has the money and power. The US in its early years was conntrolled by Europeans and still is, Bush and co are just puppets put in place by those with the grand plan and that is the re emergence of the BE. The US is being used as a stck to beat others with, why fight yourself when you can get others to do it.

Aye, there's the key; the money and power.

But not, IMHO, for the resurgence of the BE, but for entities who owe no allegiance to any system beyond their insatiable greed for wealth and power and promoting their planned emergence of the NWO; elements who have as one foundation certain institutions located in London, but not of the UK.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Telafree
I'd say about 50% of the USA didnt vote for him to be in office (both times) and in my memory, I remember one or maybe both of the elections being 'stolen' due to faulty voting machines and various other nefarious activity allowing him to be president. It always bugs me when people blame the american people for Bush's actions.

True, and that's my only beef with the article; more than half of us didn't vote him into office, and both of the "elections" were rigged.

But that doesn't excuse us for allowing him free reign to do as he's pleased.

In truth, he has a very powerful machine behind him shaping and conditioning the attitudes of the common people.

Were they to be mobilized towards exposing and laying waste to this corruption at the top, they could literally change the world.

But who, or what, will be the compelling force to awaken them from their slumber?

Originally posted by Telafree
...its our washington government that's stupid, not the American people.

Don't kid yourself, the power behind the current administration is exceedingly clever, it's part of their plan that their public face appear incompetent.

Wolves in sheep's clothing.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by the way

Oops, sorry that messed up-meant to include that quote here. Don't think the government are stupid-they just think we are and rely on our apathy to flaunt their plans and hide them in plain view, so to speak? Obviously getting the information out there can be tricky due to media bias/ownership but sites like this do a good job of educating the few. The only problem is-"ignorance is bliss", as a wise man once said. Sometimes the truth can obsess and consume you and once the snowball starts rolling downhill, it gets bigger and bigger and bigger and more dangerous! I have tried to introduce mates to this site but the "aliens paved my driveway" type threads only seem to get their attentions! How do you get this info out to the masses without seeming like one of those "the sky is falling down" types?

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Do we DD?
On the surface it may seem that way - but think of all the back door legislation that bush has pushed through.
Think of the way the homeland security act is being used to target "small holdings" cultivating certain substances as well as anything and everything else.

You should probably also understand that the average Brit is pretty laid back about these things and thinks it doesn't affect them in any major way.

Now if the pubs were closed there would be riots in the streets, but a war, or conspiracy - we've "seen it all before" and it never seems to change the basic way in which people live their lives is the attitude.
I suppose people just have a much different way of looking at things and thnking about them over here.

Some think I'm a mite strange for even coming to this site, let alone being a member.
Well,I wouldn't argue with that...

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
reply to post by goosdawg

America's complacency and indifference to this crap is precisely why these criminals continue to push the out boundaries of the law and quite literally get away with murder and continual raping of this nation. It's almost like the people won't wake up until we've all hit ground zero, and that day is coming fast.

This is something that I have been witnessing on a first hand basis for years now, and it has only been exacerbated by the current economic crisis (or should I start getting used to saying 'collapse'?).

I've been warning people for years....years. I have a background in the military, and am a recent combat vet, and have been trying to organize people to make group preparations in the event of a disruption to our society. I've been studying and planning, and have determined that the average -unprepared- American would have to spend approximately $450.00 more to prepare for a "lone-survival" course of action. If people within a given social structure (a block, or neighborhood, for example) put in collectively to make preparations for the group, it costs so much less because bulk foods are cheaper.

No one will listen, they have stuck their heads in the sand even farther, and now are telling me to not talk to them about what's going on in the outside world (I'm the only "news" my social circle gets, no one does anything but myspace on the internet around here). If 12 people made a personal investment of $500.00, then enough supplies and logistical support materiel could be purchased that could save over 2,000 lives. That's a staggering figure! No one cares. They don't want to hear it.

I'm afraid we, like any other drug addict, will have to hit rock bottom before we realize that we have a problem. I'm beginning to see the socio-political divisions within my observational area that are indicative of the beginnings of a domestic insurrection. People are beginning to turn against each other, and ideological fights are breaking out, and people are beginning to take their frustrations with the system out on each other. Those are prime conditions for a civil war (or some similar type of domestic unrest).

I'm not sure what next month will look like. At this point, I'm no lnger sure what tomorrow will look like considering there are already over 100 Blackwater troops stationed in my city (Tucson) on a Homeland Security contract (I talked with a uniformed, armed Blackwater soldier on 4th Ave at a Law Enforcement Street Fair two weeks ago, and when I asked him what they were here for, he said they were on contract with the Dept of Homeland Security.

No one cares. No one cares that I have seen a 300% increase in the number of DHS and Wackenhut prisoner transport buses going down Broadway every day. It has gone from 1 or 2 a week to 10 or 15 a day in only 3 months! I'm seeing white cars with blank white square license plates and no numbers or letters or any other markings driving around downtown. Who are these people? Who are these prisoners? Where are thy going? What are they doing? Does anyone care that we've almost lost this country to a corporation? What will it take?

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
1st, I think the problem is that deep down many people do know and are aware but dont know what to do or how to deal with the situation. What is needed is a charismatic figure who will unite the people, restore the constitution and get the gob #es behind bars.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
While I agree - how is this "breaking" news?

It's not. It's just one more anti-bush and/or anti-America thread.
One amongst hundreds.

Originally posted by budski
I'd love to be around in 50 years when documents relating to whats going on in the world today come out in the open.

... and it's shown that Al Gore made a buddle off of his notion that humans are responsible for Global Warming... but that cows farting were found to be the real cause.

[edit on 3/28/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Flyers, how can an American who does not agree with his goverment be anti American.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Flyers, how can an American who does not agree with his goverment be anti American.

Because a troll's pointless posts always serve to illustrate their utter and deliberate lack of understanding about a situation and their giddy eagerness to condescendingly demonstrate this fact.

If they're unable to convincingly exhibit an ability to differentiate between a good people and their corrupt leaders, why feed their egos with a direct reply to their mindless utterances?

It's absolutely un-American, not to mention unconscionable, to support an illegal administration that wipes it's collective butt on the founding document of this once-great nation; the Constitution.

To amend my oft-made statement of late:

There's only three types of people who still support this treasonous administration:

Millionaires, their sycophantic shills, and suckers!

There is no viable, demonstrable evidence to be found of any others.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Goos, yes I know, Flyers and I have crossed swords many times I just wanted to see if he would respond or had any new propaganda.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

Thanks mm, no offense intended.

Troll baiting, eh? tsk tsk

Is there any truly new propaganda?

Or is it just the same old rehashed tripe?

Perhaps they could put a new shine on it with:

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by goosdawg

Dude stop jostlin me. I just dazed off to the CNN tellin me how close Hillary and Obama are, that Gore is just around the corner, Spitzer's girls are still coming forward and my investments are still secure with the good ol FED. Enough with this gloom and doom crap, just tell me how white my shirts can be.

Can anyone verify for me that this april 21st is the (UK) Queen's birthday, and that is the same weekend as the Iranian Oil show?

-scrap

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Somebody might want to look this over and see if its "breaking" worthy I dont have time today.

Russian intelligence sees U.S. military buildup on Iran border

en.rian.ru...

This was kicking around a bit last night, attributed to Scott Ritter comments last year. Add to this my presumption that on Monday the Stock Market is going to be kinda bumpy, and the question - some senators have asked - why the US has been so agressive in filling its strategic oil reserve when prices are at their highest. (probably only pure cronyism)

Ugh I hate predictions so I wont make one, but anyhow.....peace!

[edit on 29-3-2008 by scrapple]

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Goos I hope you have a big supply of that polish because there are turds aplenty in the US.

The fact that Buffoon Bush called the constitution a god dammed bit of paper and then to have people who support him only they could be called anti American as they oppose the very foundations that the country was built upon.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by scrapple

So far only one source; RIA Novosti.

All other reports are based on that one dispatch.

Do we get extra points if we guess the correct date?

Curse you Cheney, may you rot in hell!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join