It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's 6th Great Extinction Already Happening!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The low post count on this thread lets one know just how concerned humans really are about the worlds animals. It's ashamed people would rather talk about light travel, when our beloved creatures are in peril.

Another form of unconsiousness by all involved.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Probably just part of His Story. Revelations says, that in the last days.
One third of the fish die, one third of the trees, and grass. Before the big destruction even begins.
What ever of the original kinds of animals remain alive. (as God chooses), will speciate with more endless varieties. Just like what we
have now. Beautiful, lovely, fun to watch and play with.
So, Que Sara Sara. What ever shall be, shall be.
Mankind has never been able to save his own civilizations. So I know
he can't save the earth that now is.
I'll trust the Lord. While the world runs around like chicken little. Yelling, the "sky is falling". Yes, it is.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by forestlady

I starred and flagged. Great post. We don't always agree, but this subject is probably the single most important subject in the world today!

Most people have not and are too far gone to return to their natural state in order to stop this decline. I have fully accepted responsibility to nature and accept the consequences of MY participation in society (Society=A clever ruse to dehumanize humanity).

Screw societies consequences as society is in charge of nothing. This will be apparent very soon.

If my life goes as a consequence from nature than I accept this as payment in full for having been a former automaton. We reap what we sow.

Thanks for this compassionate thread forestlady

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
95 percent species of earth become extinct but new species will always rise. even if species is destroying by mankind and not natural causes.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUncleSam
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

I would have to say the Native Americans knew how to do this... Maybe if we didn't charge in here and blast them all, putting them into reservations etc and instead learned from them we might not be in the situation we are today...

Two things on this. You really should read "Killing the White Mans Indian". Every tribe was different, some eradicating their own environments.

However, the cherokee did have a very interesting reason for their social makeup, specifically their clan based system. Their legends say that because the world has periods of cataclysm, that the only way to allow their world to continue was to spread responsibilities among several different clans. The Wolf clan, for example, were there to guard the borders. The more interesting thing in this, is that you would inherit your mothers clanship, but because everyone in your clan were as siblings, you would have to "marry" to another clan. This ensured that everyone was exposed at some degree to multiple clans and their responsibilities.

Not that this saved the cherokee from western expansion, but the sentiment is an interesting one.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by thefreepatriot
I guarantee you GMO crops and plants are behind this...

I guarantee you something more ubiquitous is behind it if in fact human behavior is to blame.

Have you ever seen The Story of Stuff?

Yep there are actually worse things than GMO crops.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Level X
The low post count on this thread lets one know just how concerned humans really are about the worlds animals. It's ashamed people would rather talk about light travel, when our beloved creatures are in peril.

Another form of unconsiousness by all involved.

I don't really see why it's a shame. So many different and wonderful ideas have come from the pursuit of other things. Sure our creatures are in peril, but how to stop it?

Are your thoughts so calloused as to be unable to see that light travel could lead to colonizing other planets, thus relieving the critical mass of humanity on this planet?

If you can believe that we have any power to save our earth, then surely you must believe this is possible.

Oh, and by the way, you would be surprised how much of what you think is conscious behavior is not actually conscious at all. For a perfect example of this, read Mark Twains What is Man? You'll be happy you did.

[edit on 28-3-2008 by Quazga]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I agree with Divinorums

people are the problem. However, we can't give up yet, we need to advance even more to create the superintelligent computer with artificial intelligence that will replace us as the dominant lifeform on earth. Progress has to continue. No matter how bad it gets, there will be survivors. people have invested too much into self preservation with elaborate bunkers.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by dk3000

DK3000, what a beautiful post and with much depth. I agree with you, we have a HUGE karmic debt to pay over what we've done to the earth and I feel the same as you. We have not been responsible stewards, for the most part. You brought tears to my eyes, thank you. Starred.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga

I don't really see why it's a shame. So many different and wonderful ideas have come from the pursuit of other things. Sure our creatures are in peril, but how to stop it?

Quazga, by telling Purdue to stop building those cheap... 'one way in..., one way out' developement community's like 'Lands Crossing... and give the wildlife & foreclosures a break.' huh??

Are your thoughts so calloused as to be unable to see that light travel could lead to colonizing other planets, thus relieving the critical mass of humanity on this planet?

Hmmm.. yes... but if the snake handling bibleslappers in GA would have something more to do other than... Church, QuickTrip, BS Malls or stuffing their faces at the nearest Golden Corral... Maybe your critical masses would be stimulated to do more than just populate the place with fat children.

If you can believe that we have any power to save our earth, then surely you must believe this is possible.

True..., but light travel is way off in the future... I hear Atlien's can't even light travel down the 400.

Oh, and by the way, you would be surprised how much of what you think is conscious behavior is not actually conscious at all. For a perfect example of this, read Mark Twains

Thank you, but what do you know about the Mississippi river?? Please! Atlanta people are 10 years behind the world.

[edit on 29-3-2008 by Level X]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   

BTW, ecologically, what are humans good for? (aside from now being able to create Frankenstein)

Ecologically, I'd have to say humans are a mistake. Luckily, a correctable mistake, like the dinosaurs were. I think it's amazing how nature as a whole is so self correcting.

In the distant past, man (in the form of Australopithecus species) was a frugivorous animal that also ate roots and carrion if memory serves, so we would have fulfilled a roll of, for lack of a better word, prey; for big African cats, specifically.

Later we took on the roll of predators on larger animals. Homo erectus eventually spread beyond Africa and gave rise to numerous species. Eventually, only Homo sapiens and H. floresiensis remained, and H. sapiens produced several subspecies. One in particular, H. s. sapiens, eventually built civilizations and began destroying the biosphere.

And by the way, dinosaurs aren't really gone (in fact are the most numerous and diverse class of land-living vertebrates), and I think they would be insulted to hear of your comparison of their ancestors to as destructive a force as H. s. sapiens.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Level X
Regarding something Originally posted by Quazga

Quazga, by telling Purdue to stop building those cheap... 'one way in..., one way out' developement community's like 'Lands Crossing... and give the wildlife & foreclosures a break.' huh??

Hmmm.. yes... but if the snake handling bibleslappers in GA would have something more to do other than... Church, QuickTrip, BS Malls or stuffing their faces at the nearest Golden Corral... Maybe your critical masses would be stimulated to do more than just populate the place with fat children.

True..., but light travel is way off in the future... I hear Atlien's can't even light travel down the 400.

Oh, and by the way, you would be surprised how much of what you think is conscious behavior is not actually conscious at all. For a perfect example of this, read Mark Twains

Thank you, but what do you know about the Mississippi river?? Please! Atlanta people are 10 years behind the world.

[edit on 29-3-2008 by Level X]

So wow. For some reason I believe this is a troll, but let's just say it's not.

If you really knew as much about Atlanta as you suggest you do, you'd realize that Atlanta is not Georgia. The best thing about Atlanta, is that all the Georgians go home on the weekend. So yes, you can travel light speed down 400. I do all the time.

Also, you would understand that Georgia has a long history of the sedentary existence you mention, much longer before even the Europeans came here. Must be something to do with the climate.

Finally, if you knew so much about Atlanta, you would know it is not a place most Atlantans are from, it is a place you end up. There is no other city in the US I would rather live in. Although I'm actually from Ohio, and spent my summers in that place we know and love as Mississippi.

But I can tell by your cynicism that you don't really like people. You think they are somehow all evil for making those one way lifestyles for chickens you mentioned. Or beating monkeys to death in order to eat their brains.

And if you would happen to have read the link I posted to What is Man? You'd might have a different take on unconsciousness. But I doubt you read the link. You were too busy reading where I was from.

And for the record, it's hard to see Atlanta being 10 years behind the world when it's a city which has one of the fastest rates of growth, and those people have to come from somewhere other than Atlanta. Perhaps you mistake Georgia with Atlanta.

[edit on 30-3-2008 by Quazga]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Level X, we're not here to discuss Atlanta. Please stay on topic. If you can't play nice, then please go elsewhere. Insulting people isn't what this thread is for.
Thank you.
Quazga, I went to Atlanta just last year and I think it's a very nice city. It's very up-to-date, it's clean and the people are friendly. It is nothing like what LX said.

Back on topic: There have been some very thoughtful and insightful posts on this thread; thank you to all who have participated. For me, this topic is a very important one and I think everyone needs to be aware of. I'm trying to get the word out, so please tell others about this present extinction event.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Just bumping...
(Oh, it deserves it!)

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Is this such a bad thing? Try looking for it from a different perspective. We are a part of life on this planet. We were created from the Earth itself just like any other animal by evolution. Whether or not we have a reason to be here, it is not our fault we are the way we are. Just like every other species on this planet, we have evolved for survivability. Remove morals, ethics and any other human emotion because in terms of life these things don't matter. Life has only 1 goal, and that is to exist and spread. It will do this by the most efficient way possible. There is no good or bad in terms of life, just existence. How are we any different from any other animal, we just exist and spread. Any other species would do the same. We say the earth was in 'balance' and that we are destroying it, but aren't we just doing what life intended us to do? Spread by the most efficient way? That may include the destruction of 1000's of species, but who are we to say this is bad? If we weren't supposed to be who we are, with highly evolved thought and creative minds, and the ability to destroy everything around us for the benefit of ourselves, then why are we here?

We are the pinnacle of evolution, life with the ability to change its own environment for better or worse. Why would life progress to this stage without it being a benefit for itself? Unless you are saying we are a curse against life, then surely we could not be products of evolution unless it wanted to destroy itself?

I don't agree with this view, its just another way to look at things. Its always good to take all perspectives into account

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by forestlady

good post and subject forestlady-but our problems are only just beginning ,we are the demise of our own species and all other forms of life in this world and someone here says we are the pinnacle of evolution-a gnat has evolved more than humanity has.at least mother nature and her creatures know their place in the great workings of the natural order and they don't try to change the world into humanities ideal concept of what is best for us -THE HUMAN RACE-without a thought or care in the world as to what is right.
let us see what we have done right[ wrong] raped the trees off of every continent ,slaughtered species into extinction,raped the fish out of the oceans,poisoned the lands ,air, seas,plants ,animals,crops and our own selves and our children-and we are still doing it to this day and it will continue. WHAT ELSE?turned it into farmland,built super city's out of concrete and asphalt ,stored trillions and trillions of water in underground pipes that should be in the eco-systems,it is no wonder that there are global droughts taking place.it is even starting in the great u.s.a. and their governments are like all the rest in the world -ostriches with their heads buried in the sand and doing absolutely nothing. Kyoto accord ,some signed some didn't, next one didn't suit the biggest polluting nations in the world.now the world leaders have come up with a carbon tax to fix the environment -except for one little thing they have already stated that they cant do anything until 2050 if man is still alive.
And just who are these our leaders well its the rich and the oil giants and they wont spend a dime let alone lift a finger to clean up this mess that they created all in the name of money and greed.a little oil spill is one thing ,the whole world is another thing which will never be done by them as they love their money and if they could take it all with them in the end they would be buried with it rather than use it to do any thing good.the false god kings.
One last thing of note if we destroy the bees we destroy our selves as they are the little ones that pollinate our crops not us -1/3 to 1/2 the worlds bee population died off this past winter -still think were at the apex of evolution ,this is what we get for overpopulating as badly as we have -mother nature has a cure for this ,rabbits have a massive die off as do lemmings and all other species to control their populations-Humanity on the other hand has DOCTORS dedicated to making us live as long as possible so we can breed worse than rabbits, and we are now eating ourselves out of house and home,i guess we the HUMAN race decided that we knew better than god and that we are the gods when we are here -not very intelligent of us now was it.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
If the sixth great extinction has already begun and I can't refute that assertion, that means that "Fragile Earth" has endured five previous extinctions, each followed by a new birth.

I am very much concerned with conservation policies, but we have no choice but to use the resources that the earth provides if we want to live lives that are more desirable than our early ancestors.

We should not be duped into believing that the Earth is fragile, for it has been shown that the planet is robust. The planet has shown that it has many cycles of climate that in some ways seem to be responses to cataclysmic events.

It is our duty to be good stewards of our planet, but it is also our duty to adapt to its cycles. If we put our energy into attempting to stave off the inevitable, we just might miss our opportunity to survive what is to come.

[edit on 2008/6/10 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
If the sixth great extinction has already begun and I can't refute that assertion, that means that "Fragile Earth" has endured five previous extinctions, each followed by a new birth.

Nicely put. I've heard this sentiment often.

The question is do you care if the human race survives another 1000 years or even another 100. We are resilient and we MIGHT survive this extinction like we survived the last ice age but let me reminding you that during the last ice age mankind was reduced to a population of about 10,000 at one point. That was close, we almost didn't make it.

This extinction IS happening. Do you want mankind to survive? If so we have to try and mitigate the damage as much as possible.

But I didn't post this to attack Grady, sorry man, not trying to start a fight.

I wanted to add an article that I didn't see that summs things up nicely.

An epidemic of extinctions: Decimation of life on earth

In the last 35 years almost 30% of our animal species have gone extinct.

That article literally made me cry. I my lifetime I WILL see the world as I know it come to an end. And I'll be 35 this year which means the loss of these species has happened during my lifetime. I am SO environmentally friendly for a westerner(hell I refuse to own a car) but I still feel guilty as hell because I AM guilty.

Vas

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Level X

I for one know exactly what you mean. What we fear, we kill!
Animals are in the way and fun to shoot at. We are barbarians,
still in the stone age! Sorry, I dont have much hope without
divine intervention,... basically

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
It's happening. When I talk to people about this, they think I'm insane. People are caught up in this pseudo-spiritual revolution that amounts to laziness & ignorance. They think I'm unenlightened for bringing up the harsh truth of where we are, where we seem to be heading.

I can't even bring myself to talk about this to people anymore. I mostly just keep my mouth shut when around others, because I'm likely to say something that will upset them, or just alienate them from myself.

There's not much to be done, when the majority aren't willing to accept this. Not willing to change their lifestyle and align with nature. It's not apathy knowing that we're in the process of mass extinction and nothing can be done about it. It's just accepting reality as is.

We feel the need to learn the hard way. That's all. Well get ready folks. I don't know how soon it'll be before civilization disintegrates, but I highly doubt it'll be past this century.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join