It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian "Roy Project"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Does anybody know very much about the Roy Project by Russia? I stumbled accross the name of the project and tried to find out more about it but couldn't find much. Some sites I tried to look at were restricted, One of site actually said "ACCES FORBIDDEN".
All I could work out is that it will use several satellites placed strategically along the plasma streamline supposedly for studying Plasma Turbulance and the magnetosphere amongst other things.
It looks, from what little I could find like a serious project so I was wondering of it is a HAARP type project that was space based instead of Earth based?

[edit on 24/3/2008 by VIKINGANT]

[edit on 24/3/2008 by VIKINGANT]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Now that I have had a bit more time I have found this link
The first line under the ROY/SCHWARM section is

Fundamental plasma phenomena studies - explosive transformation of magnetic energy into plasma thermal and kinetic energies

Whether this means anything or not I am not sure.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by VIKINGANT

Hi, VIKINGANT. Don't know if this will help any, but I found this website:

Roy Project

It is very short, but it is an explanation anyway. Hope this helps.

Edit to add: I checked out your link and it's more informative than the one I supplied. Also, it sounds like this Roy Project is to study the magnetosphere, and HAARP is supposedly to study the ionosphere, correct? Though, that doesn't mean they aren't related, I suppose.

[edit on 25-3-2008 by Annoyed] Sorry, typo correction.

[edit on 25-3-2008 by Annoyed]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
After reading more on the link, there is also a related Resonance Project which is....

An artificial influence on the operation of
magnetospheric maser.
Artificial excitation and/or stimulation of wave modes;
- Modification of the flux of precipitating particles;
- Modification of reflection index at the ionospheric
footprint of the selected magnetic flux tube.

Now, There is a lot of talk about HAARP which seems to be one of the worst kept secrets according to come Conspiracy Theorists, but there is barely a peep abut a Russian equivalent. I think this could be it.
It may well be a space weather program, but if you are going to experiment on/with the magnetosphere wouldnt you do it from space?
Hopefully someone can explain some of the more technical data shown?

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Please people. this is something I really want to know about. I am sure there has to be someone who can shed some light. Any one with tech knowledge who can explain the linked info? Maybe someone who has heard about it before.
For the record, I am not just keeping the thread alive for the sake of it. I am increasingly curious.
Ta much
Ant

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Hi again. I’m not going to let go of this one.
With all the recent talk of weather altering tech and HAARP etc, I figured maybe someone new might read this since my last post.
I am sure the Russians are just as capable as anyone.
Someone must have heard about this project or if you can show me in the info linked that I am wrong and I will let it go, but please don’t tell me the US are the only ones able to try these experiments.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Here are a few links that should tell you what's what. If you look through the paper's authors, you should be able to at least contact them for further information, it doesn't seem to be all the classified.

You have to pay to read this, but and need to copy/paste the link:

www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6V3S-4F29HP6-1&_user=10&_rdoc=1&_fmt=&_orig=search&_sort=d&view=c&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlV ersion=0&_userid=10&md5=f5eb094b3ad5d43f697ee20b6e3cd5ea

www.cosis.net...

www.cosis.net...

www.issi.unibe.ch...

www.mps.mpg.de...

Sergey Petrovich Savin, Executive Project Scientist of ROY Project
www.issi.unibe.ch...

www.iki.rssi.ru...

Galperin Yu.I., L.M.Zelenyi, M.V.Veselov, S.P.Savin, M.M.Mogilevsky, M.I.Yanovsky, V.I.Prokhorenko, N.A.Eismont, V.E.Kunitsyn, I.V.Silin, E.N.Sosnovets, J.Buchner, T.Wiegelmann, Closely-spaced multi-satellite project ROY to study small-scale structures during magnetic field annihilation and strong turbulence in critical magnetospheric regions: results of the phase a, Interball in the [bold]ISTP program[/bold], ed. D.G. Sibeek and K. Kudela, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 55-73, 1999.

So what is the ISTP program?

www-istp.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Interball in the ISTP Program: Studies of the Solar Wind-magnetosphere ... By D. G. Sibeck, Karel Kudela, North Atlantic Treaty Organization Scientific Affairs Division

An up-to-date progress report on the current status of solar-terrestrial relation studies with an emphasis on observations by the Russian Interball spacecraft and the Czech Magion subsatellites. Papers in the volume describe the various spacecraft in the International Solar-Terrestrial Program and the research questions that they are being used to address. The emphasis is on correlative studies employing multiple instruments and multiple spacecraft. The book begins with a description of each spacecraft active in 1998 and describes the roles they can play in correlative studies. This is followed by an up-to-date status report concerning ongoing studies of the solar wind, foreshock, bow shock, magnetopause, magnetotail, and ionosphere, with an emphasis on the observations made by the four Interball spacecraft. Readership: Researchers and graduate students of space physics and astrophysics.

Copy/paste these, they're too long to work as links.

books.google.com/books?id=eMzOWmnrdFQC&pg=PA2&lpg=PA2&dq=ISTP+program&source=web&ots=9Wgu6byg5k&sig=S6M5CPChnxwXwcVY5nI4pcw7qRk&hl=en#PPA2,M1

books.google.com/books?id=eMzOWmnrdFQC&dq=ISTP+program&source=gbs_summary_s&cad=0

The ROY Project is aimed to study previously unexplored small-scale phenomena within the so called 'diffusion region' where strong plasma turbulence and magnetic 'reconnection' occur in the critical magnetospheric domains.

books.google.com/books?id=eMzOWmnrdFQC&pg=PA55&dq=ISTP+program&source=gbs_toc_r&cad=0_0&sig=LJS0PCXcPhh9qvkWT2o5G6Ak37Y

[edit on 28-4-2008 by Jadette]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
This is presentation in Russian, about the project. If you can find someone who will translate it - maybe it could help.
solarwind.cosmos.ru/stp1.ppt
From what i could understand Roy is one of three projects to check solar winds and its interactions with Earth and other planets.
The site in general might have also a lot of info on the subject, but it is also in Russian.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Thanks guys. This is something to look at. From what I can see so far though, it is still very general info as in the links I found as well indicating scientific research and study.

I don’t want to HAARP on it (How funny am I
) but as mentioned above, the issue I have with it is the statement I found

An artificial influence on the operation of
magnetospheric maser.
Artificial excitation and/or stimulation of wave modes;
- Modification of the flux of precipitating particles;
- Modification of reflection index at the ionospheric
footprint of the selected magnetic flux tube.

I may well be making something from nothing but modification of the ionosphere and magnetosphere to me more than just research and is something we should be aware of. The only other info I could find on this is very general but I have seen in a few instances where the above mentioned modifications have been experimented with for the purposes of weather modification and communications.

The other thing that got my attention with this is the fact that there are a number of ‘restricted’ sites and sites that have been removed since I first started looking.

I realize this is not a staple conspiracy that is within our comfort zone or one we have all discussed ad nauseam but something with this potential with seemingly little info other than ‘research project’ should be considered further. Especially since HAARP is nothing more than a ‘research facility’ and look at the attention it gets.

I am still looking further but would still appreciate some input if anybody has anything.

top topics

join