It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US warship 'opens fire in Suez' Breaking News

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I'd rather bring home a Muslim and feed him than

some "white" folk i know.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Based on the present information, I would say they acted accordingly.

The fact that only one person was shot tells me it wasn't 'trigger happy cowboys', but someone reacting to the situation at hand.

I realize the locals need to make a dollar just to survive and this is just a way of life, but in times the way they are... being cautious may not have the same meaning from both parties involved.

I think more diligence should be portrayed by the 'foreign vessels (US)' in the area to make it perfectly clear... DO NOT come within a specified perimeter around any of our boats.

If some ships do this and others do not, how is a poor merchant to know the difference.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I'd rather bring home a Muslim and feed him than

some "white" folk i know.

My God, even if he's a cigarette trader!?

Best keep your nuclear subs nearby in case the threat escalates and he tries to upsell furs or something.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   

I heard now that one was dead and two more are wounded.

Can you link or quote some info on that?

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Shar

Honestly now....admit it.......you instantly thought the worst of the US and automatically assumed blood thirsty killers were jumping for joy, right?

The fact the the BBC posted a complete fallacy of a headline is the story here. Why did they post something like that without knowing, for a fact, what they were talking about?

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

I heard it on my local radio station right after Coast to Coast. No links as of yet. Sorry.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SlightlyAbovePar

Honestly now....admit it.......you instantly thought the worst of the US and automatically assumed blood thirsty killers were jumping for joy, right?

Correction. US Military.

Important distinction to be made.

The fact the the BBC posted a complete fallacy of a headline is the story here. Why did they post something like that without knowing, for a fact, what they were talking about?

Because they are mainstream media! Happens ALL the time! It's what they do

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Heres a link to the story in the Australian. It was posted about 12:30pm here.

CREW on a US military ship about to enter the Suez Canal opened fire on barges of hawkers that approached, killing one Egyptian and wounding two others, a security source says.

SOURCE

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   

I heard it on my local radio station right after Coast to Coast. No links as of yet. Sorry.

No worries my lady
That's a very interesting factoid for the discussion though! I wonder what their reasoning is for firing at multiple people, and who they shot first?. I wonder how quickly or how long that firing took place. I wonder when the boat actually stopped during the shooting.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ozzieman

Thank you for that, Ozz.
So its now official, Lucid.
My torpedoes are ready for launching anytime.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Souljah

Civilian ships do not have to phone DC to ask for permission to shoot. Something even "snipers" are required to do now since terrorist in our country called 'CAIRS" has the support of the media.

For hundreds of years ALL ships have the right to protect themselves from raiders. Glad they could shoot straight.............

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
The link I posted is at least 9 hours old. Just looking through my local paper I found an update to the story, in which the US embassy in Cairo has denied that any one was hurt. A little damage control.

Don't know what to believe with this one yet. What is interesting is, it does give state what was the warning given to the Egyptians on the barge.

The embassy said that as the small boats approached, they were "warned by a native Arabic speaker using a bullhorn to warn them to turn away". "A warning flare was then fired". "One small boat continued to approach the ship and received two sets of warning shots 20-30 yards (18-27m) in front of the bow".

So did this Egyptian speak Arabic or was he deaf? The embassy in defence of the ship says all bullets where accounted for. This article seems to be 2 hours old.

Source

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

Protect themselves from what?

Cigarette smoke?

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ozzieman

So did this Egyptian speak Arabic or was he deaf?

Well there was apparently more then one aboard so I guess the deaf thing is out?

So there are many many dialects of the Arabic language. Egyptian is one of them. Actually almost all "Arabs" speak and or understand the Egyptian, Lebanese and the Standard dialect. (standard dialect is like the news and media one I believe).

I don't see why a few Egyptians wouldn't of heard and understood the verbal warnings? Don't make much sense to me. If they were just trying to crash into the container ship then it would, but it's been established they had cigarettes and not bombs.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin

Originally posted by Techsnow
consider this a false flag report by BBS. Move along.

You know the thing i dislike the most? is someone telling me that i need to move along because they think this or that, happening more and more now,

I will determine if i need to move along or not when i have all the facts i need, im sorry if this seems a little over the top but i have a mind of my own i do not need you telling me something is a false flag i can determine that for myself thanks..

AZZ

It isnt even a false flag. If it were a false flag, they would have fragged the ship at least a little bit.

Also this is on page 18 or so of the BBC RSS feed- if it were intended as a false flag it would be bold, flashing red on the first line, first page.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
This just in:

US denies casualties in Suez Canal

I had submitted the above to start a new thread, but it was decided I should add my thoughts here.

We have the name of the man that was allegedly killed, Mohammed Moqtar Afifi, so it shouldnt be too hard to get to the bottom of this.

CT

[edit on 25/3/2008 by Conspiracy Theorist]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
From Conspiracy Theorists link:

Here is the US side:

THE US embassy in Cairo has denied reports that a US Navy chartered ship opened fire on Egyptians near the Suez Canal and killed one person, insisting no one was hurt.
The Global Patriot "fired warning shots at a small boat approaching the ship as it was preparing to transit the Suez Canal Monday evening," an embassy statement said.

"Initial reports from the Global Patriot indicate that no casualties were sustained on either vessel."

Egyptian Side:

An Egyptian security official had told AFP the Global Patriot had opened fire on the barges as they approached the US ship wanting to sell merchandise, killing one person and lightly wounding two.
He said Americans on board told the barges to stop and opened fire when they continued to approach the ship, which had arrived from the Red Sea and was waiting in the Gulf of Suez to sail to the Mediterranean.

Read the article and then look at this snip. Maybe I am tired, but I am not sure which boat/ship they mean fired here:

"The ship warned the small boats - via bridge to bridge radio and a series of warning steps - to turn away. One small boat continued to approach the motor vessel, which then reportedly fired warning shots."

So basically the US is saying no one got shot, and the Egyptians are saying people got killed. Conspiracy!

[edit on 073131p://25u27 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

Oh, just let him pretend like he actually knows what he's talking about. Clearly he needs to feel like he's "in the know".

We'll just pretend like he's write, but then high-five each other and laugh when he leaves.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
reply to post by heliosprime

Protect themselves from what?

Cigarette smoke?

How about this

Pirates

More Pirates

Irainian Thugs

Muslim pirates

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SlightlyAbovePar

Shar is not one to jump for joy about this sort of thing, regardless of what has happened...she sees the horror and the waste. Would that more of us did so.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join