It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US warship 'opens fire in Suez' Breaking News

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Please tell me why the Egyptian authorities are firmly stating a man was shot and killed and others were injured, but the US military, despite earlier articles, are now firmly stating no one was shot?

This- is why conspiracies are born. Nobody will tell you the truth.

Exactly, I so agree with you here DG. Our government has the hardest time coming out with the truth to us Amercans. Which I don't understand. I have always found it a lot easier to speak the truth then and there straight up than to lie about it and try and explain your stupidness later.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
So Devilwasp you're saying it was a RORO converted into a General Purpose Cargo Carrier?

I keep googleing images for both those but I am seeing so much variance I don't really know which one is the most accurate.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Right because YOUR the authority on what's in every 'evil' American's mind right? Considering the horrid things you say in here about soldiers and vetrans, I'd bet more than one has over heard you say these things at one point or another, and yet here you are still breathing and quite able to type pure hatred for us. That alone should tell you something about the caliber of the average vet, considering he/she is among the most highly trained killers on the planet.

We soldiers are your neighbors, we are your cooks, your security guards (alot of police departments don't like soldiers, because we are full of idealism), your firefighters, your EMT's, your grocery clerks, and on and on.

You (*edit*-DARN) well better HOPE half the things you America hateing (*edit*-America-Haters) say is just leftist propaganda, or your all in big trouble!

*edited by HH63S to not offend the easily offended- my love of liberty and America puts me on thin enough ice as it is.

[edit on 25-3-2008 by HellHound63S]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

This- is why conspiracies are born. Nobody will tell you the truth.

Not only do they not tell us the truth, they actively don't tell us the truth, do what they can to detour us from it, and make us look like monsters if we show persistence in wanting it. For instance, members in this thread are calling us non-patriotic America-haters because we are questioning their truth. Conspiracy indeed!

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by HellHound63S

You damn well better HOPE half the things you America hateing pukes say is just leftist propaganda, or your all in big trouble!

These "america hating pukes" are Americans. So now you're the anti-American

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I can't speak for anyone else, but personaly I'm calling you 'America-haters' NOT because you ask for the truth ("The truth will set you free") but because your not interested in the truth if it puts any American in a positive light.

Your only interested in feeding off this story like some zombie wanting brains, as long as its negative about America.

You'd all lose intrest quick if it all the sudden turned out to make Americans look good in any way!

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

When it comes to news out of the middle east regardless of the source, we won't know the truth save in little snippets. Too many conflicting agendas. The only thing we actually know for certain is shots were fired, everything else is seemingly conjecture.

Egyptian sources say someone, allegedly the victim, was buried today. All we truely know, someone was buried.

Odds are it was an unfortunate accident. The ships crew was a little too jumpy, and the guys on the little boat got too close.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

I don't hate you America haters, I PITTY you! Everything you long for is only possible with freedom, and I don't see any other country more free than ours, do you?

You hate and ridicule and slander and point fingers at the one country, that when run by the true law of its land the US constitution, affords you all the oppritunities that would give you the freedom to erase the dark clouds for your minds and hearts.

I'm calling to you, angrily sure, but out of love, to come home, love your neighbor, be kind to one another, follow the golden rule, and help us get our country back on track. Do you think speculateing how evil all Americans are is helping anything, but the further destruction of our liberties?

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Well, lets be fair Guys! You can't expect Egyptians to go through Suez as if it's their domain. After all they only inhabit the place.
US ships have a right to exterminate anyone and everyone they see fit anywhere and anytime without fear of consequences

There isn't a single day that we don't hear some new terrorist act committed by all mighty US forces yet instead of apologies and court martial we see them branding fishermen and civilians a terrorists

Anyone can defend shooting on locals by foreign forces? How would you feel if Venezuelan Ship open fire and killed one of our countryman in your waters?
I can't wait for Russia and China to get involved more openly and start kicking some asses around with SU-33's and Tu-160!

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by HellHound63S

HH, look up in your tool bar. You have u2u's, it's red. Those are private messages. Please click on it.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

You'd all lose intrest quick if it all the sudden turned out to make Americans look good in any way!
I don't think there's much chance of that happening anytime soon, do you?

[edit on 3/25/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   

That's a big part to why I want to see a photo of the Egyptian traders RORO. I want to see all the clues that might have indicated if there was reasonable, justifiable indications that this "boat on boxes" was one of those instances you are referencing...

Please tell me why the Egyptian authorities are firmly stating a man was shot and killed and others were injured, but the US military, despite earlier articles, are now firmly stating no one was shot?

[edit on 053131p://25u54 by Lucid Lunacy]

No the MV Global Patriot IS a General Purpose Cargo Carrier, sorry for the confusion with RO-RO's thats what the company specializes in. A trader most likely would a small motor craft, something mostly used by pirates and terrorists...

I dont know Lucid....I just present some facts....no conclusions...

Originally posted by LLoyd45
I believe according to the article there were probably alot more than 16 crew members aboard the ship..

Source

A U.S. Navy security team aboard the ship fired the shots, said Lt. Nathan Christensen, the 5th Fleet's deputy spokesman.

Correct more than 16 people, but I doubt that the US Navy placed a platoon on the boat to secure....most cruise ships have less than 20 people as security officers onboard.

So Devilwasp you're saying it was a RORO converted into a General Purpose Cargo Carrier?

I keep googleing images for both those but I am seeing so much variance I don't really know which one is the most accurate.

No its a General Purpose Cargo Carrier or otherwise known as a bulk carrier...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Well first, according to the article it wasn't even a warship. It was a container ship, which makes NO sense, since they're unarmed, except for maybe small arms. But when the exact same boats are used to haul explosives around and blow themselves up next to ships, then anyone is going to be wary of them if they don't respond to radio or visual signals. IF that was the case, that would explain why the crew broke out the small arms and fired at him.

It does not need to respond, the US war ship was not in international waters.There is no violation regarding laws, the only violation is the war ship fiering at the target.Also there can be other problems like radio equptment breaking down.It's clearly a violation.You can't shoot at everything not responding to radio signals.They are not obligated in any way to respond to requests.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I guess the shooting was confirmed by the U.S. Navy a few hrs ago. See this link for the story...

ap.google.com...

Apparently the death was on third separate small fishing boat with a couple buddies. Noone on else was hurt/killed. Sounds like whoever fired the warning shot from the U.S. Navy cargo ship "The U.S. Patriot" inadvertantly ended up killing this guy who was out fishing. Probably wasn't a pretty sight either.

A U.S. Navy security team aboard the Global Patriot fired the warning shots, said Lt. Nathan Christensen, deputy spokesman for the U.S. 5th Fleet, based in Bahrain. He did not know whether the civilian crew on the ship was also armed.

"The boats were hailed and warned by a native Arabic speaker using a bullhorn to warn them to turn away. A warning flare was then fired," said a statement from the U.S. Embassy in Cairo. "One small boat continued to approach the ship and received two sets of warning shots 20-30 yards in front of the bow."

The statement added that "all shots were accounted for as they entered the water." It also said that "initial reports indicate that no casualties were sustained on either vessel."

An Egyptian security official at the canal, however, said that after the warning shots, a man was shot dead in the small boat and that the three other men with him were wounded.

The body of the man, Mohammed Fouad, was taken to a hospital morgue, then transferred to the Ibrahim Nafie mosque ahead of burial, the head of the union of seamen in Suez, Abbas al-Amrikani, told The Associated Press.

-ChriS

[edit on 25-3-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

I went and looked on the rest of the alt.news board, there are no positive stories about the USA at all.

The truth is not the sole property of any one side of a debate, so what does it say about the truthfullness of leftist America haters, when they aren't intrested in the other side of the story?

Go now, look at your neighbor, look at the post man, the cab driver, the resteruant worker, do you hate THEM? Aren't THEY America? Go now- on the street, point your middle finger right in the face of these 'evil' Americans and proclaim "I HATE YOU!". Who would it be? Do you actualy KNOW one? Mostly when your hateing on these 'nebulous' Americans, what your really doing is hateing the person in the mirror.

You are to be pittied, I am sad for you.

@BlastR- It says all shots acounted for, that means all the shots made a nice white plume of water. A common sniper technique is to kill your prey when other shots are going off to hide your own. We have no proof any of the Navy men hit anyone, for all we know an Egyption thug or government thug shot the guy after seeing the sailors actualy missed on purpose. But since they aren't American I know its hard to think any other nationality of people could ever do wrong.

[edit on 25-3-2008 by HellHound63S]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

Thank you Blaster for the up to date information. I would hope we will soon get the truth to this story soon.

I just don't think our government has caught on to the people reading and searching for the truth themselves. I think they still think we all sit back and listen to what they tell us and we believe it.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   

HellHound, deep breath...

There is no crime in calling a mistake a mistake. If the United States screws the pooch, however accidently, we need to be called on it, so as not to repeat the mistake. Can you not see that?

Blind "uber"patriotism is as stupid and short sighted as the one sided blame game you're accusing so many of us of. You are in real danger of being as blinded as the other side.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I don't hate my fellow American by any means, but I do disagree with my governments policies regarding other countries. The two are not synonymous.

One can love their country, yet still disagree with it's leaders. Blindly supporting your government because you're an American is not patriotism.

I don't rquire your pity, save it for someone who does..

[edit on 3/25/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   

YOU sir, had better take it easy and ease up on me. Not EVER EVER have i ever spoken ill of our men and women in service. I've lost cousins in American wars. My husband is a US MARINE. So, i am going to ask you not to confuse my hatred of GEORGE BUSH with NOT SUPPORTING THE TROOPS.
Is that clear?
Thank you and in the future make sure you can back up what you say.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   

We soldiers are your neighbors, we are your cooks, your security guards (alot of police departments don't like soldiers, because we are full of idealism), your firefighters, your EMT's, your grocery clerks, and on and on.

I meant to ask.. Have you been watching "Fight Club" lately? The character Tyler Durden said something very similar in the movie:

Source

Look, the people you are after are the people you depend on. We cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances. We guard you while you sleep. Do not... f--- with us.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join