It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Mozart a Free mason?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Wow I didnt know about the Royal Society having a masonic majority!

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
The majority of the Royal Society, which was the foundation for modern science, was overwhelmingly masonic in it's membership.

Hehe. And those guys were the ones who rediculed Roald Amundsen when he did infact reach the South Pole using dog sleighs. When they were supposed to tost for him, there was an argument, and they decided they should rather toast for the dogs since they found it unappropriate to give Ammundsen the honor. These people had more or less sponsored Scott's expedition which naturally failed because of his idiotic idea to use horses in the Antarctic. Ammundsen also found the elusive North-West passage if I remember correctly. A typical Norwegian hero.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Heh. I don't think that had anything to do with masonry - rather national pride.
And as for bloody Amundsen. He did cheat!!! He used snow-mobiles and helicopters.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
Heh. I don't think that had anything to do with masonry - rather national pride.
And as for bloody Amundsen. He did cheat!!! He used snow-mobiles and helicopters.

Hehe. Good one. That other Nansen guy even dissapeared over the North Pole in the Zeppeliner Norge. Probably some British lad onboard who had to light that cigar and drink all that brandy in that thin air

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Mozart joined a Masonic Lodge in the autumn of 1784 at the age of twenty-eight and spent a total of 7 years as a Mason. A famous child prodigy and now an admired composer living in Vienna, it wasn't long before he attained the rank of "Master Mason" and during this time composed several musical pieces for the brotherhood; among them his Freemason's Funeral Music and other works that are still played in ceremonies of Masonry today.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Hamilton

Was not Amadeus from the point of view of a delusional old man (Solieri) that thought he was responsible for his death? It watched like a giant guilt trip brought on by psychotic delusions to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join