It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Mozart a Free mason?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Quote:
Another major development in Mozart's life began when he joined the Freemasons, a powerful secret society. This was no passing fancy on Mozart's part, as was demonstrated by the constant undertone of Masonic thought which can be traced in so many of the works composed in his remaining years.

Source:
www.inventions.org...

Anyone able to confirm/deny?

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
He wasn't a free mason. He was a slave mason!

So is there a difference between Masonry and Freemasonry? Or is it precisely the same thing? In which case, why 2 different names?

And I dunno about mozart... he spent too much time writing music to worry about secret societies, but you never know!

In order to become such a legend you need to spend countless hours working on your talent or skill... it's usually the people who want something for nothing that join religious groups or secret societies. Mozart, being a musical genius, had to develop his talent and was most likely consumed by the passion of music (as it consumes the lives of many who're deeply involved in it) and didn't worry as much about money or salvation, as insecure people might. He had his security in his own skills and a strong drive to achieve greatness.

[Edited on 22-2-2004 by lilblam]

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Yes, Mozart was a Freemason

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingSolomon
Yes, Mozart was a Freemason

What degree?

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I just have to ask, how did you find this article? Researching Mozart or Freemasonry? Excellent find, browha. You learn something new every day.

In my opinion there is no reason to refute the statement made in this article, so I guess he really was a mason.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I was looking for pictures for my earlier thread about free masonary/illuminati in the Duomo in Milan....

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 05:04 AM
link   
For sure, Mozart was a Freemason, as was his arch nemesis. If you need Hollywood to prove it to you, see Amadeus again.

Gilbert & Sullivan and quite a few other (more serious?) composers have also been followers of the Craft.

Maybe this thread might benefit from a list of "famous Masons" or something?

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
for a short list of famous masons you could always go here:

www.masonicinfo.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
LOL you know his membership in freemasonry was well documented by australian singer Falco in his hit song "Rock me Amadeus"

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
With reguards as to what degree Mozart was as far as i can remember he was initiated on the 14 of december 1784 at the lodge called Zur Woltatigkeit (sp), he passed on January 7th 1785 at Lodge Zur Wahren Eintracht.The date of Wolfgang's being raised to the degree of Master Mason is the subject of some debate,i put it somewhere between January 7, 1785 and April 2, 1785.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
LOL you know his membership in freemasonry was well documented by australian singer Falco in his hit song "Rock me Amadeus"

Falco was Austrian, like Mozart. I don't think too many Australian men want to sing like that.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by magestica

Falco was Austrian, like Mozart. I don't think too many Australian men want to sing like that.

hehe ya I realized that after I did a lyrics lookup later.

thanks for catching it.

Ah... is there a reason you have the same AV as Masked Avatar now?

[Edited on 23-2-2004 by NephraTari]

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   

thanks for catching it.

Ah... is there a reason you have the same AV as Masked Avatar now?

[Edited on 23-2-2004 by NephraTari]

You're quite welcome.

What?? MA had this avatar? Get out??!
I like it on me. No reason required.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Magestica,

you definitely looked better before. Lose the mask.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
There is a famous painting made by his initiation. However he didn't die a mason. The most common conspiracy theory was that the Masons did infact kill the young Mozart since he didn't live up to their standards. Beside from being the greatest musical genious of the age, he was in the end poisoned to death and was burried like a dog in a mass grave.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hamilton

However he didn't die a mason.

he was in the end poisoned to death

Blessings,
Mikromarius

The first part true,He was quietly buried in a mass grave in accordance with Contanze's orders and in accordance with then contemporary Viennese custom. The lack of mourners at the burial was also a contemporary Viennese custom.

Second part hrmmm..

There has been much confusion and many falsehoods about Mozart's death and burial.

Around 1790 Mozart was in poor health. He took ill again at the end of November, 1791 and was confined to bed. On December 4 his condition worsened and he died on December 5, 1791. The cause of death was originally registered as hitziges Friesel Fieber (severe military fever). Later his death was diagnosed as due to rheumatische Entziidungsfieber (rheumatic inflammatory fever).

I would like to know where you got that he was poisoned to death.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Did you ever see the film Amadeus? At the time that film was going like a plague over the world, some scientists or whatever claimed to proove that his symptoms were identical with the poisoning from some substance, don't remember what. I think the film also indicate this theory. Poisoning normally leads to inflammations and fever. Giving a couple of Latin names for his condition without also providing a possible cause is like saying that WWI was a war where mustard gass and bombing caused all the suffering, while the real deal had to do with a certain Hapsburg crown prince being assasinated.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Yes i see the film and i wouldn't base too much on it but i suppose if you take the theory that is floating around that he died from eating contaminated pork then i guess that would be some form of poisoning.It would have caused extreme swelling, vomiting, fever, rashes and severe pain.

As i said his death was first recorded as severe military fever and later changed and the symptons he had would come under these aswell,i guess in Mozarts time they hadn't heard of trichinosis and that it produces symptoms strikingly similar to what is known about the composer's illness.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Maybe he even ate a dog? Which wasn't hot if you see what I mean. Both pork and dog has trichnins in it. That's why you have to boil or grill the stuff broken unless the meat has been tested just to be sure. It's really quite sick to eat pork, but I guess it's OK now that we have found ways to test the stuff. If you trust your govt. and your meat supplier that is. However, if you suddenly found yourself in stoneage environment, let's say after some nuclear blast or something. Don't eat pork if you want to live long and stay healthy. Pork is simply leathal unless it is free from trichnins.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hamilton
Pork is simply leathal unless it is free from trichnins.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

Hence the dogma that Pork for Jews is unclean because God said so.
Nope. It's unclean 'cos it can kill you if unrefrigerated and badly cooked.

As for Mozart. He was only one of many notable people who were freemasons. To say that people are too busy with their art or science to become masons is daft. It's highly likely that modern science was founded by freemasons.
The majority of the Royal Society, which was the foundation for modern science, was overwhelmingly masonic in it's membership.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join