It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Consciousness Experiment

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I guess that could be a good start, although personally I'm a little more skeptical of impossible things happening (as opposed to just changing the odds). But we can try it.

For example do you mean something like having everyone concentrate on a battery-less flashlight lighting up on it's own? That's a little ambitious.

[edit on 23-3-2008 by ac500]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ac500

this is true. maybe then it would be a good idea to stick with something more natural, and then if we get great results, we can progress to more fantastical conventions.

what if we influence choice? we take someone, and with their consent, we focus on, say, a movie that they will pick out from a store to rent. we would decide the movie beforehand, and we must make sure the human does not read ats or whatever to ensure their truthful compliance. maybe it should be a dear friend or family member of yours that will agree to an experiment "of sorts".

with group intention comes group consciousness, and this might connect our minds to the target human on some level.

just an idea.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Why are there no pictures (which they claim to have) on the "intention experiment"'s website?

(In case it's a one liner)

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Why are there no pictures (which they claim to have) on the "intention experiment"'s website?

Yeah I really don't give them that much credibility if they claim to have "glowing" plants and they don't even post a picture.

what if we influence choice? we take someone, and with their consent, we focus on, say, a movie that they will pick out from a store to rent. we would decide the movie beforehand, and we must make sure the human does not read ats or whatever to ensure their truthful compliance. maybe it should be a dear friend or family member of yours that will agree to an experiment "of sorts".

That's a very interesting idea, but the hard part would be getting the person to pick out a movie at the exact time everyone is concentrating. Besides, not everybody might want to participate in an experiment that attempts to manipulates someone's free will.

P.S. I'll try to get an online countdown timer up and running so everyone will know the time they need to come back and try the experiment. I'll probably set the timer for a week from now, but I can change this if desired.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I would suggest using a site with live video transmission (some city site).
Example:
www.camvista.com...
Real site will need better quality.
Set acceptable time,and then concentrate about something noticeable - scaring all the pigeons or something like this.
Anyone knows famous square with pigeons that could be seen?

It is too late to think about double-blind test to prove it scientifically.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Note: I've just updated the original post to include more concise information about the experiment, and have added a link to a countdown timer that should be accurate in any timezone. Don't forget - Saturday evening
(I can change this though if anyone feels it would be best to try sooner or later).

ZeroKnowledge: Good idea - modifying something seen in a webcam is a very good idea. The only problem is it's unpredictable and therefore hard to coordinate a single action between everyone.

I'm not too concerned with "scientific provability". Even if we did have shocking evidence, nobody would believe it without multiple demonstrations of proof. For now let's just concern ourselves with getting some kind of results, even if it's worthless as scientific proof.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
As the focus of intent, consider using someone with terminal illness. Or a place on the planet that needs healing (flooded river, burnt forest). Since I believe/know that this stuff works, a worthy, important, focus of intent would produce better results.

This is a great idea and I'm in! Whatever you decide is your prime focus ask for a "sub-focus" , and ask for peace or compassion. This will never register in data collection, but would I believe, be powerful energy, badly needed.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I think we should try something small but noticable. And we should pick fast. Feels like the more time we have to concentrate the better chance of it actualy working.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
This sounds weird. This sounds wonky. This sounds improbable. I am SO in.

When we all have to focus on something, wouldn't it be making it harder by using a webcam or somesuch, since a lot would most likely be focusing on the graphical representation (the picture on the screen) of the thing/person? I would think it would be better to have a still photo of a thing/person just so you can imagine the person better, perhaps enforcing the "link" better. Then when you try to go Neo on its ass, put away the picture nad just use your mind.

Granted, I know very little of mind-over-matter stuff, so all of the above is just ideas that I think could apply.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Rainy Day: I agree with you that if successful, this should be used for good causes like that (in fact it would be impossible to use it for anything else). But for early experiments with limited resources (participants), we'll do better to start small I think.

I think we should try something small but noticable. And we should pick fast. Feels like the more time we have to concentrate the better chance of it actualy working.

I think we could advance it to Wednesday, or even tomorrow. For some reason my posts don't seem to be editable any more :?

Hulehvalen: Good point - I thought about that also. I don't know how this would work though, but a real-time image could be distracting, especially if you notice that what you're concentrating on isn't happening.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I am definitely in.

There are some very important factors to consider.

We are all going to have to be able to visualize the experiment taking place, so it has to be something we either all have seen in person or are all very familiar with. Without proper visualization and concentration it will probably be all in vein.

With this is mind it may be a good idea to focus on something and somewhere that is well known to everyone.

May I suggest:
Influencing animals to behave in an unusual way. Perhaps we can get birds to migrate to the Statue of Liberty, rats to run down the streets of D.C, or something to do with fish.

I don't want to endanger any animals or people so this idea needs to be refined on.

Creating strange weather patterns like the OP suggested is also a good idea and easily monitored by everyone.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
This is something I would like to participate in and I will offer up my idea.
Using our collective conscience we could
Turn OFF the camera at Venice Beach California for a one minute period.

Here is the link to that camera
www.westland.net...

[edit on 24-3-2008 by iamcanadian2]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I am definitely in on this one.

Might I suggest that we carefully consider whether we want to (for the sake of argument) 'evoke' for example;

- a variation in a natural system, like a weather fluctuation or a large-scale animal behavior event.

or perhaps;

- a population event like a sudden surge in communities calling it 'an early night' and turning off all their lights a couple of hours earlier than the norm.

In either case, it has to be something that will be noticed, one would hope, and pointed out as a not-so-shocking anomaly. (No babies were born today, all the wolves in Yellowstone began howling today at noon.., etc)

I would hope that whatever we decide to focus on, it isn't something designed to cause embarrassment, pain, or other such negative results. (I keep thinking about that episode of South Park where they play the 'brown noise')

If we can create a verification of the influence of this sort, the next step may be bolder.

[edit on 24-3-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zealott

Precisely, Like a psi wheel somewhere with a video camera hooked up to see if the wheel turns at the appropriate time. The time stamp on the camera would be a good verifier.

Have a disinterested third party set up the psi wheel and camera to lessen the hoax factor. Perhaps even have the experiment notarized by a notary republic.

As entertaing as having rats run down the street or weather modification;
might be a bit ambitious.

[edit on 24-3-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I'm totally down for something like this and I firmly believe it. people have been able to change the shape of water crystals just by thinking positive thoughts at it. I have experienced miracles with cancer, and I would love to be a part of something like this.

I can't wait to see what you want us to think about. If you need someone with an illness, Ive got a few of those. Feel free to U2U me if you are interested.

Tela

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Count me in. This does work, it will depend on how much all the other participants truely believe in it though. It will work a lot better for a posistive cause. Weather manipulation may not be such a good idea though cause at some point a plant, animal etc will become affected and it may not be for the good, which is not a good thing. Whatever is decided upon, we should visibly be able to see the before and after affects, just so the skeptics etc have some hard proof to feast upon. Theres my ideas anyway. I look forward to seeing our target.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sleuth
Does anyone work at the White House? I'd like to try giving George Bush projectile diarrhea at his next press conference.

[edit on 3/23/08 by Sleuth]

I'm in.

But seriously, this is a GREAT idea. We don't do enough of this type of thing, honestly. It does work, but I'm not sure we can get enough ATSers to participate for it to work.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by brigand
But seriously, this is a GREAT idea. We don't do enough of this type of thing, honestly. It does work, but I'm not sure we can get enough ATSers to participate for it to work.

only a small fraction of people who read ATS actually post, so it is likely that we already have quite a few people who would do it that are unvoiced. this complicates the number of people participating in the experiment though, because we really have no way of knowing exactly how many are involved.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Those are some good ideas. I think you may be right about choosing a subject everyone is familiar with - a picture of something unknown might help, but I'm sure a widely familiar subject would be more effective. Still undecided though, so nothing's set in stone.

BTW, I'd kind of like to set the deadline date to this Wednesday instead of Saturday (if that's okay with you), but the Edit button has disappeared from my first post. This also means I won't be able to edit in the subject when the time comes
. Maybe I should start a new thread once I decide? Or is there some other way to edit my first post?

Paper_Chaser: Without a doubt the subject will have to be something entirely positive. That's an interesting point about the weather. But I don't think something like rain, for example, would be harmful (but I guess it could be).

banyan: Yeah, I hope a lot of even non-members will participate. I see this thread has about ~600 views, so I guess it couldn't possibly be more than this though. I guess this is a good reason to wait for Saturday to perform the experiment.

For the subject, weather seems like one of the easiest things to do, but it certainly isn't the most exciting. Trying to help someone with an illness is a really good cause and would be a little more dramatic than changing the weather, but that might be too large a task for the number of people who will probably participate in the first experiment.

Also, when do you think I should announce the decided subject? Should I keep it secret till the last moment, or have it posted for days so we can discuss it?

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Count me in. Sounds interesting.

Maybe the flag that flies over the US Capital falling to half mast would be a good experiment.

Dizzie

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join