It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Consciousness Experiment

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
It would make sense if the experiment had to do with altering light in some way or the formation of a crystal or maybe even affecting the behavior of the surface of a lake or weather patterns. Our thoughts are basically magnetic pulses firing through our conductive bodies, so they are physical in a sense and, therefore, have the ability to alter our environment.

I like the idea that an immense collective concentration of intent can physically change something. I would like to participate.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Our thoughts are basically magnetic pulses firing through our conductive bodies, so they are physical in a sense and, therefore, have the ability to alter our environment.

While it's true that neural impulses are physical in some sense, the brain waves themselves really don't have any ability to manipulate matter in a meaningful way like we're trying to do here, let a lone at a distance (or at least that's what the current science tells us). If this experiment does work at all, it will most likely be due to some unknown force or effect that science has yet to discover.

Maybe the flag that flies over the US Capital falling to half mast would be a good experiment.

How would it get there? What if we unknowingly made someone die that in turn resulted in the flag being set to half mast? Probably not a good idea. A more "positive" event would be better.

[edit on 24-3-2008 by ac500]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I will take part in this experiment.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I have an excellent idea.

We will all concentrate on me winning millions of dollars by hitting the lottery. If I win, I shall distribute 50% of the money between everyone who posts and agrees to this event.

A week later, we can all concentrate on someone else hitting the lottery. We will continue with these events until we're all millionaires.

What say you?

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Impreza

I think greed is to easy to follow, the experiment wouldnt work as well, if we were trying to fuel our materialistic nature. If we benefit others then we will be rewarded, that is certain. We should do this for a good cause.

To the rest of the people participating, again i really don't think we should try and change weather, not yet anyway, when this first works, we wont all fully understand, and playing with mother nature can have serious consequences. Finding something to change is going to aquire alot of thinking, and thinking outside of the box for the cause of good. Peace

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Well, I like my idea not just because we could all use the money, but it would be a good way to test this concept. If I win the lottery with such high odds stacked up against me, it would be a sure sign that it actually works. Changing the weather will never prove anything because people will simply say that it would have happened even if you did not do this concentration event. Now just think if we win several times in a row.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I'm up for this experiment!

Shall we start with sending fame and fortune my way.

Or world Peace is always a favorite in these kind of threads.

Or could we concentrate on having my exwife give me back all my stuff.

Am I being to selfish here?

if anyone should win the lottery, it would be whaaa since he mentioned that idea first, but i do not think it'd be a good idea anyways, especially to start off with. throw karma into the mix, and that cannot be good

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I would gladly participate. I have no suggestions other than U2U me when you get it figured out.

I don't want to read through pages of posts to find out what we're concentrating on.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Whaa wants fame and fortune, but he never mentioned any particular way of going about it. I brought up the idea of winning the lottery, therefore, I should be the subject of focus.

[edit on 24-3-2008 by Impreza]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
How about generating a small earthquake in a region not typically prone to earthquake activity? Needs to be a remote region where damage to people or property wouldn't result but would be easily verifiable.

Or how about a mass thought signal to extraterrestrial intelligence to make a presence at a certain location. Shoot, now I'm starting to sound like prophet Yahweh.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Extraterrestrials are known by some to act upon the intent projected upon them. There are people who meditate, focusing on the intent of achieving contact with an ET and was successful. One example would be James Gilliland's ranch, which I believe that the groups simply have the intent of seeing Alien ships, then they appear.

It might be a long shot, but I propose we focus on something like a major sighting in a densely populated area. Not contact. We do this to know it's not a coincidence, and bring about a significant shift in Consciousness.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
This sounds interesting. I believe it is possible to do this.

To have an honest experiment that any of us could verify, we would need to focus on something that would be news worthy. We could concentrate shutting down a major airport - LAX - for a few hours with merely a thought. We could even try to shut down part of an electrical grid out in Southern CA for a few hours as well, with merely a thought. This would be something that couldn't be ignored by the media and would be verifyable to all - and as far as I can tell, no one gets hurt, only inconvienenced for a few hours.

Another thought would be to raise someone from the "dead" - bring someone "dead" back to life. Or bring someone who has "ascended" back to earth - like Christ.

What do you think? Sound too nuts?

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Key-Minder

Hmmm....I wonder if people might think the anti-Christ has arrived if something like that were to occur.

And, I don't think the experiment should be aimed at possible harm or a major disruption. Think about it; mental terrorist attacks? The government probably already has a black-op doing this anyway.

[edit on 24-3-2008 by Freenrgy2]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Key-Minder
To have an honest experiment that any of us could verify, we would need to focus on something that would be news worthy. We could concentrate shutting down a major airport - LAX - for a few hours with merely a thought. We could even try to shut down part of an electrical grid out in Southern CA for a few hours as well, with merely a thought. This would be something that couldn't be ignored by the media and would be verifyable to all - and as far as I can tell, no one gets hurt, only inconvienenced for a few hours.

if one believes in fate or destiny, by altering something like this on such a grand level, it could cause crazy things to happen later down the road. like your idea about shutting down a major airport or electrical grid for a few hours might end up causing something negative regardless of intent somewhere down the time-line. for instance, a person misses their flight, which delays them to their destination. they finally get on a red-eye flight and get home, only to be hit by a drunk driver at 2 am.

would this be our fault because we messed things up by playing a deity for a few minutes? or were me meant to do this, and that person was meant to die? manipulating something on a grand scale brings on a huge set of questions...

[edit on 24-3-2008 by banyan]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
My 2 cents for the experiment:

Intent Scenario Experiment Location: Christmas Waterhole in Southern Australia

Expected Outcome: Earthquake > 4.0

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
If you want something that will be out of the ordinary and noticable.

How bout no cars driving on the roads in a city or the entire country. That would be noticable and could be verified when shown the source of how it started

Picture American roads entirely desolate for a single day then back to normal the next. Would also be a good way to stick it to the oil companies

[edit on 24-3-2008 by 19DCW71]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
lest we not forget! need \i say much if not ant more

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by 19DCW71
If you want something that will be out of the ordinary and noticable.

Lets concentrate on having all the women named Janet walk around topless for an afternoon in May.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Why Janet?

How about all the hot chicks. Or all the guys leave the country for a week and I'll stay and protect the women.LOL

So how arewe gonna know what the subject is?Any one agree on anything yet?

[edit on 24-3-2008 by 19DCW71]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
im in. im waiting for a subject and/or event though.
i like the topless idea. or the lottery my way.

but seriously we should choose something we are all familiar with. (or the top 2 ideas anyone...)

[edit on 24-3-2008 by drflux]

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join