It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof of multidimensional molecules that know you're watching...Down the rabbit hole.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I find this stuff absolutely fascinating, thank you for posting the links OP

Starred and flagged!

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by darcon
reply to post by Frontkjemper

One of the best things i have ever watched, For the Exception of LOST. i love that show

And Lost is easier to follow. oO

I've seen the followup to this series, the one about String Theory, and I just can't grasp any of it.

As soon as I think I do, wallop - something else makes nonsense of it all.

Mind boggling, but I wonder if most of the interest is in it's inability to comprehend it, as opposed to it's truth...

?

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by psychedeliack

I have watched "What The Bleep..." a couple years ago or so and enjoyed it. But this is just the beginning.... The work Masaru Emoto is doing I find very interesting, reminds me of what I've read about structured water-the water in fruit that is somehow different then rain/tap water possibly changed due to sunlight. The link you posted about The Double Slit Experiment is really bazaar, I love it. I have watched it several times and have linked it to others in the past, it seems to freak people out in a weird but good way.

There are other movie/documentaries along this path like The Secret or Gregg Braden's (site link) The God Code or this video, Metaphysical Healing that I have yet to finish.

I feel this line of thought should not be taken lightly but rather taken seriously. To be skeptical means not accepting things easily but also not dismissing them easily either. It's good to look for evidence that either corroborates or contradicts these theories on your own. If you believe your thoughts change your reality then this is true for you and inversely if you believe this is all wrong, "How can thoughts change reality? how ridiculous", Then this is true for you. It is all a matter of choosing your own path and we all should choose wisely.

Originally posted by MuLongQun
I was actually really interested and a bit of a believer until I read the link provided on this forum showing a lot of the information, studies and intellectuals are not entirely correct, reliable or even sane since the “master enlightenment” teacher believes she is channeling a 35000 year old spiritual warrior from Atlantis.

Are you referring to JZ Knight and her channeling Ramtha?
I have never put a lot of thought into channeling, not accepting nor dismissing it, and after listening to Mrs. Knight on this subject I find she doesn't have a lot to say really. I think most of the really interesting stuff is in the quantum and relativity areas of understanding. But that is just my opinion.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
I really do wish to take the time to watch these videos, however why does science not wish to link quantum mechanics to consciousness?

Are they afraid that if they do people will be enlightened and can see things that the world wishes to hide?

Sounds like the ultimate prison to me.

Perhaps because, as a race, we're still too young to fully explain it to a degree that would pass as evidence to a world incapable of accepting it. Much like when people claimed the world was round and not flat, or when people stated the Earth revolved around the sun and was not the center of the universe.

Without empirical evidence to prove a given scenario, scientists will always resort to known facts. Thats what makes scientists so stubborn.

So while some scientists may contemplate the concept that consciousness and the quantum microcosm may be connected, and that we are all associated at a quantum level... until it has enough anecdotal evidence to become theory or enough evidence to be fact, it remains a concept pertaining to a few.

Science doesn't explain everything, but that's because science as we know it, isn't complete.. as far as I'm concerned.

Edited, badly worded sentence!

[edit on 23-3-2008 by bloodcircle]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by FaxMachine

I know the feeling but from a different 'religious' belief. I think it is important to be careful from this point on, the euphoria feeling from an enlightened "Eureka!" moment can lead to trouble. It usually means your on the right track but it can leave you vulnerable to deception.
It is amazing what we take for granted just in our thoughts. To be mindful of our thoughts is not easy but it really says a lot about ourselves.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by psychedeliack
reply to post by jackinthebox

I hope so too! BUT -
You cannot debunk the Double Slit Test which proves that all matter knows when its being looked at.

I'm not entirely sure, because as I say, QM makes my brain melt, but wasn't the end result of this experiment largely put down to the method used to observe the particles, as opposed to the fact they were being observed?

As in, it's not the case the particles act this way upon observation, but our method of observing them which causes it?

Remove the method of observation, and perhaps the particles follow a uniform pattern. We're talking about a physics previously unobserved, and largely considered to not follow the laws of common physics.

Who knows, but I'm dubious about the conclusion of that experiment - and I could be entirely mistaken!!

Great topic tho, my head feels warm.. oO

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by eaglewingz

You cannot debunk the Double Slit Test which proves that all matter knows when its being looked at.

The linked video is a simplification that leaves out one important fact.

We are NOT looking at the particles directly. We are measuring their location using a detector.

In order to detect a particle the device has to interact with it on a quantum level. It's most likely that interaction that causes the wave function to collapse, not our "observation" of the particle.

[edit on 3/23/2008 by eaglewingz]

Huzzah !!

Thanks for that, I knew I had some recollection of something like that.

Whew !

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Double Slit Test which proves that all matter knows when its being looked at.

We are NOT looking at the particles directly. We are measuring their location using a detector.

In order to detect a particle the device has to interact with it on a quantum level. It's most likely that interaction that causes the wave function to collapse, not our "observation" of the particle.

I have had the same thought on this experiment and am interested in knowing more about how they observed/measured the results and what equipment was used. Is it a matter of the equipment getting in the way or is the measuring device used just another way of observing?
Relativity shows that we cannot know any thing, we simply observe the waves of information emanating from the object.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
You know, watching the documentary, the slit test combined with the nurosurgeons tests with the sensations occurring outside of time, would this not mean that the brain as a product of itself has the capability of time travel in and unto ourself, and that without the perception of the capabilites multidimensinalism, channeling, forsight, etc are nothing more then different possibilities of reality occurring congruent to possibilities outside of time, and perception.

In otherwords, you dreaming is allowing you to have the potential of the different realities occurring from a viewing standpoint will within the realm of those realities occurring. Same philosophy would occur with reincarnation, god theory, etc. Would we not be what we are within or outside the designs of the universe as only percieved by the reality that we allow to be real?

Interesting stuff. I like it.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
wow that was awesome.. very thought provoking.. thanks for posting the links. It opens up the mind to so many possibilities.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I’m so glad you brought this subject up. I saw this film several years ago and the theories put forth were profound. For me, one of the most interesting subjects discussed was the effect of thoughts on water.

The photographs and information in this article reflect the work of Masaru Emoto

From Mr. Emoto's work we are provided with factual evidence, that human vibrational energy, thoughts, words, ideas and music, affect the molecular structure of water, the very same water that comprises over seventy percent of a mature human body and covers the same amount of our planet. Water is the very source of all life on this planet, the quality and integrity are vitally important to all forms of life. The body is very much like a sponge and is composed of trillions of chambers called cells that hold liquid. The quality of our life is directly connected to the quality of our water.

Water is a very malleable substance. Its physical shape easily adapts to whatever environment is present. But its physical appearance is not the only thing that changes, the molecular shape also changes. The energy or vibrations of the environment will change the molecular shape of water. In this sense water not only has the ability to visually reflect the environment but it also molecularly reflects the environment.

Fujiwara Dam, before offering a prayer

Fujiwara Dam, after offering a prayer

We must remember that the human body is mostly water. There are numerous examples of water structures photographed at this link. Imagine….your own reality.

Peace

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Brilliant post; Stared and flaged

I'm a buddhist so this really made me think about relegion and science at the same time.

Many Thanks

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Devino
I have had the same thought on this experiment and am interested in knowing more about how they observed/measured the results and what equipment was used.

Exactly!

This is NOT an empirical experiment that has actually been performed. It's a thought experiment used to demonstrate what theory predicts will happen. Unless a way is found to actually perform the test, it is proof of nothing.

Evidence for Electron Interference
Well, it's not really possible to set up the experiment just the way we've shown it here, with electrons being shot at a screen through a pair of slits. The two slit experiment with light has been done many times--originally by Thomas Young in 1801--but it's just not practical to do exactly the same experiment with electrons. The equipment would have to be made on an impossibly small scale to show the effects we've been discussing. So the applet you saw is what's known as a thought experiment. It shows the results that would be obtained, according to quantum theory, if a hypothetical experiment like this could be performed.

I agree that particles have the properties of waves and discrete particles. I agree that they are affected by the Heisenburg Uncertainty Principle. I'm just saying that this thought experiment doesn't "prove" anything.

Explanation of how the detector affects particle behaviour
Go down to "The Two Slit Experiment for Electrons".

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

WEIRD Just yesterday I bought this CD from Amazon when it came up in a search in something else I was looking for... then today I see this thread in the flag line...

Talk about your connections

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I've seen a few clips of this video before, particularly the segment in clip 3 where the cartoon character explains that particles react to being observed by going back to behaving like particles and not waves.
Werent they being observed all along though? Otherwise they wouldnt have been able to record the results of either experiment.
Also, a couple of the people that were being interviewed made absolutely no sense, to me anyway.
Its all still very interesting, especially since The Matrix movies are among my very favorite movies ever.
Thanks and flagged.

*edit*
Ok, so it is a "theory" I was under the impression that this was an actual experiment.

[edit on 3/23/2008 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   

[edit on 3/23/2008 by eaglewingz]

Thats almost a good point, except there was only a detector next to one slit and not both of them. If there were a detector for both of them I could understand the doubt.
Also, they have done the experiment with buckyballs which are a soccer ball shaped structure of carbon, which technically makes it an actual physical object rather than just a particle.
So to say the test is faulty, is to say we have a device that can make physical matter jump dimensions.
either way, its the most uniquely important experiment done in physics to this day.

here is a link

[edit on 3/23/2008 by psychedeliack]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but I think science and religion should be kept seperate. Trying to merge the two is just going to make more complicated and profound baloney out of both of them.

It's sad that people have been persecuted for various religious or scientifc views all throughout history. But this is not the solution.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by phl0gist0n

In this movie with all the imagery of churches and stuff, I can see how it sounds like the end result could be biased. But they are not talking about the laws and stipulations of religion being accepted if science can prove a connection.
The connection is consciousness, something different religions have tapped into to various degrees.

It seems science and spirituality have been trying to explain the same things, where did we come from, how did we get here, how is a universe possible in the first place, and what does consciousness have to do with it all.

Personally I think they figured this stuff out a long time ago, and there is something to it they dont want the general public to know. I dont know who they could be, but anyone who knew the secrets of the universe would have a not so hard of a time at keeping it secret. I only think this because of the many accounts found in the Veda's about space ships, how to make them, how to fly them, places to go, flight accounts/records; and their overall understanding of the multi dimensional aspect/nature of this universe and the others.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I'm really glad that everyone is really enjoying this. I only had time to skim through the thread at the moment, but one thing I have seen that makes me happy, is the idea of taking this knowledge further with independent study. Quantum is certainly bizzare and stretches most of our mental capacity to the brink I think, but this is certainly one avenue of independent study that I intend to follow up on. And of course, there is the examination of the interfaces that this video suggest.

As with anything, I wouldn't take this video as gospel, but I have used it to expand my consciousness. That is something that cannot be debunked.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
At the end of the entire video, I walk away kind of disappointed.

Like all movies of this type, it starts off well. Based on real scientific studies and data, yet interesting enough to draw you in. But then things start to go downhill.... from real science, to fringe science, to pure speculation. By the last third of the movie, it's nothing but psychobabble with nothing really supporting it.

The biggest problem is that it gives no real direction or guidance. It talks at length about how people have all of this potential and that we are essentially Gods in stasis, but they give no thoughts or training on how we actually go about making such a radical change.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join