It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof of multidimensional molecules that know you're watching...Down the rabbit hole.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Yarcofin

they give no thoughts or training because that is your job. You cant just ask someone to make you enlightened.

there are lots of faith driven sciences like magic or healing; each person has to understand their own faith in order for it to work. You have to stay within your own rules for whatever it is you are trying to achieve. This is why hypocrisy is looked down upon, because a hypocrite cannot function spiritually speaking, just as a mathematician cannot get two from one plus one unless he sticks to one plus one. Like in quantum physics today, there are many theories all supported by their own mathematical sets of rules, and they all work out for what reason? faith. faith in any given system. The universes are infinite and the possibilities endless, just like different spiritual paths.
The thoughts and training suggested is to open your mind to what your mind may be capable of; you'll never know for sure unless you jump into making your reality your own, finding systems within systems that show more and more of that one stable truth, even if you cant put your finger on it, it is that truth that drives you to want to know everything, or to be content where ever you are.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
completely normal particle interaction sensationalized. the case of the electron ''knowing'' it's being watched has to do with the measuring tool interacting with it and the experiment. the laser photon used to ''see'' where the electron is bounces off the tiny bugger causing it to act different. i agree, the macro world, our world and the tiny quantum world are mysterious and wonderful but confusing people like this doesn't help anything. oh well i guess the makers of this particular film have families to feed also.

edit: do some googling on your own, read some articles and decide what to believe for yourself

[edit on 23-3-2008 by Iseek]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iseek
the case of the electron ''knowing'' it's being watched has to do with the measuring tool interacting with it and the experiment.

This is laymen's explanation. Every person and his dog has considered this possibility. Unfortunately, there is no proof that the device is capable of affecting the electron - don't you think they would have tested for such a variable? It is their job to consider such things...

I'm more willing to accept the information provided by actual physicists...

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Iseek

Can you post a link to support that? Because I thought that the experiment was done both ways where the detector was next to the slit, and also, where the detector was at the backdrop where there particles actually hit and made any sort of mark. I mean this is science, where double blind is required.

The detectors only further prove the test.

They only got the detectors involved AFTER they realised that a piece of matter was acting like a wave. on trying to see how, it went back to just being matter.

besides, its the fact that the particle is making impressions that would indicate a wave, only when they go to look at it, does it again act like a particle.
If it were the other way around, the argument of the device causing disruption would hold.
It does not, because the particle is supposed to act like a particle not a wave, and only by trying to see where the particle actually went though to make a wave form, does it jump back to being a particle or acting like one.
check out this link, it will explain the double slit in a way you cannot really refute the point.

[edit on 3/23/2008 by psychedeliack]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I’m aware that a few people are ‘allergic’ to the Ramtha part in the movie – perhaps to the whole concept delivered in the movie. Therefore I invite you to have a look at a different angle to Quantum Mechanics and with a timeline of physics / quantum physics:

Take note at the first part (8:50min). The brain of a dog is not wired to understand. Makes me think: Are we wired to understand this topic?

The Elegant Universe part 1

Google Video Link

The Elegant Universe part 2

Google Video Link

Enjoy

PS: This is a Theory (not a dogma) and so is the Rabbit hole and the Bleep movie…

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I think it is wonderful that so many are enthralled by this subject. It has been a fascination of mine for 20 years now. But, although this is relatively new to us in the west, it might be of interest that the quantum field is not a contemporary discovery.

I own a set of books "Advanced Course in Yogi Philosophy" by Ramacharaka that was published in 1904.

Here are some excerpts:

"...still more recent discoveries have shown them (scientists) that their Ultimate Atom is not ultimate at all, and they are now hunting for another Ultimate Something in Matter. They will find, as did the Yogis thousands of years before, that when they reach their "Ultimate" in matter it will disolve and melt into Force and Energy, and then they must hunt for the Ultimate atom of Force. Advanced science has hinted at this very fact within the last few years, and we may expect the fact to be accepted generally before very long. When the scientists then probe Force or Energy until they find its "Ultimate," they will come to a melting point when the elusive Force will dissolve into Mind-substance, and that back of "Mind-substance" is the Absolute. But that is a long way off for the physical scientist, although an old fact for the Yogis."

This was published in 1904 - One year before Einstein published his first work.

The Yogis knew all this 3000 years ago through meditation - going "within" instead of looking "out there" as western science. Yet both arrive at the same destination.

We are the physical manifestation of a probability pattern in the quantum field. We are made of it so it should not be a surprise that we have some influence on it. But there are rules/laws that govern the material realm and these impose limitations. We have not become gods yet and have a long way to go. Mind over matter works - but in small ways. Don't look for New Age miracles but do study and ask questions. The journey is worth it if you don't fall into one of the many traps that litter the trail.

Hopup

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by frozen_snowman

I have to agree, this one is awesome because it was shown on PBS. For the skeptics of the metaphysical, this one should seem a bit less out there, and is an honest look at the actual theories of quantum physics today.
Awesome addition to this topic!

& Hopup Dave, thats so awesome of you to bring that up! the irony
as above so below, even with science and spirituality.

I often wonder, at the point where the two meet in the future, will they call the science spirituality, or call the spirituality science?

Or just leave it at truth and smile at each other...

[edit on 3/23/2008 by psychedeliack](saw hopups post)

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Thanks very much for bringing this to my attention Jack!

These series have really confirmed what I already had learned, and felt so far and added more to that. It all sounds so logical and true and familiar.
Wow, these past two years have been amazing for me, and for a lot of other people it seems. I have learned so much about the world, mankind and myself as a person, and this is just the beginning.
We still have a lot of hurdles to take but we will get there.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
About time the materialist came around to reality again. There is an old saying. " When the scientist finally scale the last summit of knowledge.
They find at the top a large group of theologians. That have been their waiting for centuries." Materialist have always just been to fearful; to
expand their horizons. Because they are afraid they might find God.
Dawkins book, "the God Delusion", is a perfect example of this fear.

The Bible says. " We all have our life and breath, in God". "also that
the light of God is in every man, that is born into this world".
Now they just need to accept and allow the idea of the, (God Head), and they'll be there. Where many of us have been for years!

[edit on 23-3-2008 by Howie47]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Howie47
Materialist have always just been to fearful; to

Excellently put. The only 'God Delusion' is the idea of the man floating in the clouds... and religious scholars do not ascribe to that idea. Atheists do. It is after all, a far cry from the metaphysical reality which quantum physics is now realizing.

There is no man in the clouds... there is only this multidimensional universe which we are just beginning to understand. Time for science and religion to accept this.

[edit on 23-3-2008 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

"I'm more willing to accept the information provided by actual physicists... "

Are you suggesting we all, blindly submit too, the dictates and dogma; of the New World Order, and their (approved) authorities!
You know nothing about human nature. If you think you can trust
human nature.
Looks like the NWO, will be another cult! Headed by the Anti Christ!

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Howie47
About time the materialist came around to reality again. There is an old saying. " When the scientist finally scale the last summit of knowledge.
They find at the top a large group of theologians. That have been their waiting for centuries." Materialist have always just been to fearful; to

The Bible says. " We all have our life and breath, in God". "also that
the light of God is in every man, that is born into this world".
Now they just need to accept and allow the idea of the, (God Head), and they'll be there. Where many of us have been for years!

[edit on 23-3-2008 by Howie47]

Awesomely put.

Genesis states that God "spoke" the world into existence. Speaking creates waves does it not?

I've been beating the drum for the longest time, here and in other places that 'energy' is something but made out of nothing. A wave 'traveling' through water for example.. The water molecules move back and forth while the 'wave' moves through it. It's obvious the water molecules are 'solid' so to speak but what is the wave -itself- made out of? Energy is nothingness but it effects things around it and we are all made out of it! This is the ultimate abstraction and Down the rabbit hole touches on this very eloquently.

The energy=nothingness mystery is one of the three mysteries in Down the rabbit hole that I find totally amazing.

The other two are the two slit experiment and quantum entanglement.

The 'debunker' types can sort of get their teeth into into the two slit but quantum entanglement? they can't touch it.

Down the rabbit, although without proof, makes many profound, inescapable implications which I'm sure the dogmatic box people don't like. Well, the dogmatic box is just that, a BOX and I for one find more joy thinking -outside- of it even if it means running into God. (I have already by the way)

Great views and great thread. VERY thought provoking.

[edit on 23-3-2008 by ViewFromTheStars]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ViewFromTheStars

When I heard the Quantum theory about, quarks having threads inside of them that vibrate. I also came to the similar conclusion about the "word framing the worlds" Hebrews, I believe. That is a frame like in a house; not a picture frame. The theory is that; those vibrating threads in the quarks; are the living word of God. They each put out a force field, that repeals other quarks. Hence matter is created out of nothing. Nothing but
the voice of God that is. Spoken into existence. As you pointed out.
Thanks, I'll add you to my list of friends. Howie

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ViewFromTheStars
There is an old saying. " When the scientist finally scale the last summit of knowledge.
expand their horizons.

Reminds me of what the Gnostics said about materialists over a thousand years ago:

As many then as understood the Herald's tidings and doused themselves in Mind, became partakers in the Gnosis; and when they had "received the Mind" they were made "perfect men".

But they who do not understand the tidings, these, since they possess the aid of Reason [only] and not Mind, are ignorant wherefor they have come into being and whereby.

5. The senses of such men are like irrational creatures'; and as their [whole] make-up is in their feelings and their impulses, they fail in all appreciation of those things which really are worth contemplation. These center all their thought upon the pleasures of the body and its appetites, in the belief that for its sake man hath come into being.

www.sacred-texts.com... (Actually from the asterisk * link in my sig after the eyes/ears of god thing; the Corpus Hermeticum)

That whole text is an amazing read. It's too bad the church mopped the Gnostics up; even the text itself suggests to the initiate not to speak openly of what is learned, for threat of persecution by the religious zealots of the day.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

There is no man in the clouds... there is only this multidimensional universe which we are just beginning to understand. Time for science and religion to accept this.

The zealots of both sides are too emotionally entangled (in love in a very seemingly real sense) with their ideas.
They will NEVER accept the other side's ideas.
Kinda sad really because it blinds both sides IMHO.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by WraothAscendant

If I never found any new Ideas, that I didn't love; I would have stopped learning a long time ago! If such new ideas aren't zealously promoted.
They will never see the light of day. Of the collect conscious of mankind.
The defenders of the hardened, statues quo. That clog up the works,
with their luke warm thinking, ( hardened magma); don't want any new and possibly dangerous ideas coming to light. Ideas that might materialize and bring
change. Change is a threat to those that reside at the top.
Ideas that do materialize into reality. Are worthy of consideration. Not just to love, but to marry.
If your marriage stays fluid, melted by the red hot fires of truth. That
purify. Then you will never be moved, from your position at the top of the
heap!
If you refuse to melt and allow your mind to be purified from the dross
of false ideas. Then you will eventually be blown from the mountain top.
To the bottom of the pile. "be ye hot or cold, If you are luke warm; I will
spue you out of my mouth". The great I AM!

[edit on 24-3-2008 by Howie47]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Here's something for the debunkers, and something to be considered as well. I like to be more balanced than Fox I suppose.

New Age or Old Nick?

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Wow. Surprising these ideas are so well accepted here. This is sort of the jumping off point for the Law of Attraction thread. From here you can begin to understand what is going on there. And yes the quantum version is better. Learn its possible and then learn how to create miracles. Force the molecular sea to bring what you want.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Great videos, just finished all 14, and even watched 15/16 the credits. I already cant wait to watch them again, I gotta find the dvd.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join