It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why no more books in the Bible?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
think about it. books are written, printed, and published by people. any revised and/or expanded bible with new stuff in it would involve a person doing something. that means god has to get everyone who follows the bible to 100% agree with the changes

how would such a being do this without violating free will?

im sure it could be string of interventions on god´s part. this ofcourse rangeing from protecting old copies (dead sea scrolls) to honest hearted worshipping individuals who aided the process (example could be translaters working despite persecusion from the church)

but in the end your right, at some point someone said this is the bible and thats it. but look at the writings that were rejected. are they in harmony with the bible?

actually, it's "omnipotent*"
that little * is a note on not violating free will.

sorry, omnipotent*

but i want to point out something to you.

2 generals in a battle. one manipulates the field so as to force the other general to move a certain way. he then sets a trap for it. is this a violation of freewill? or just really good tactics?

couldnt god outsmart anyone trying to add or take away anything from the bible?

exactly

how do we know that bible is truly books that god truly inspired?

that is a whole different discussion. i just assumed that in this thread, it was assumed it was

im considering starting a thread later on this

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
the book of revelations was written well before the biblical canon was established. it's referencing itself, nothing else. there was no bible to reference when it was written.

Im with Madness on this one. I was watching history channel and it was said that the book of revelation was used instead of the Apocalypse of Peter.

John says:

Revelation
" And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy "

and then he says again:

Revelation:

" God will take away from him, his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book "

I do believe, as Madness said, that he is refering to the Book of Revelation for it is indeed a book of Prophecy unlike any other within the Bible. The holy city is also described within the book of Revelation which again indicates he is speaking of the book of Revelation.

As Believers, it is your faith and your way that carries you within the Body of the One. The Word is the Word and our words as people have morphed and the meaning of the Word has not but our translation and derivation has.

Read this on Biblical Corruption:

reluctant-messenger.com...

and for those that think that the Canonized Bible has all the Books read here:

And you can read here about the Canon:

and then read about the Council of Nicea:

As Believers, understand that those were times of extreme action according to belief and way. Look at the crusades and the inquisition, and realize that those the perpetrated the Word with power did so under possible power of persecution.

Speach and writing is a multifaceted art. The Inspiration of the Word which walked amongst us and lives within all of us is a personal exploration and path.

When you do so, you will know why he says:

Jesus
I am the way, the Truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father but through me.

Peace

[edit on 25-4-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Disclaimer: I'm atheist but not of the Abrahamic faiths.

I did say I have No problem with madnessinmysouls position on this or anybody else's but I would like someone to refute with some kind of well thought out argument, if possible, that my argument that the Old Testament or TORAH could also have been the "Book" that John refers to, as it too is filled with prophesy ect and whats to say that he himself felt that the O.T was actually the canon he was adding his book to and not the canon of the New Testament (which as people have said previously didn't occur until the Council of Nicaea). Basically why isn't it referring to the entire O.T. and itself?

Personal Disclosure: If I was a christian, I do believe that I would choose to believe that it refers to the entire bible otherwise some dull spark would rewrite the entire canon except for Revelations just to suit their own wants and need's! Also on this point you mention the holy city being mentioned in Johns book of Revelation and therefor this discounts the other books but I do believe Isrealites of the time would all consider the physical city of Jerusalem to be "The" holy city (as noted in the O.T) regardless of whether it was rebuilt by GOD after the end times, and John was an Isrealite.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Council of Nicea and other man-made doctrines were introduced into christianity via the Roman Catholics. They chose what to put in the New Testament and in doing so, they manipulated what would later become about 90% of all christianity. There was one church in existence in which Jesus and his apostles founded and it is simply titled the "Church of God" and through those teachings of Jesus Christ and the Old Testament, the apostles preached. The gospel was recorded and preached about upon the death of Christ. Many scriptures are left out of the New Testament except for those that glorify Jesus as the Son of God. I understand why that was but there was still a need for more of the historic documentation for the New Testament. The Old Testament accounts for much history through it's historic books from Joshua to Chronicles of the Kings. Most of those books were simply historic accounts with God-inspired emphasis. The lost books of the bible are similar such as the book of Judas and Gospel of Mary Magdalen. They don't account of the messianic glory of Christ but emphasize more on his life story as a man. Maybe there is no new material coming about because of this Council of Nicea which withholds any new scripture. Some faiths already have added to the bible such as the Mormons who have the Book of Mormons due to their inspired founder who claimed to be a latter-day apostle (hince the name of the church, "Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints"). The Church of God has a few splinter groups that have the same claim. Worldwide Church of God founder Herbert W. Armstrong was claimed to be the End-time Elijah and last of the Apostles. Later, Ronald Weinland would come out to claim he was one of the final two Witnesses of Revelation and that his wife was the other. His two books, "The Prophecied End-Times" and "2008: God's Final Witness" would be considered additions to the bible in the eyes of COG(PKG) members. I am a follower of the Church of God, but not Weinland's (Preparation for the Kingdom of God) church. I am of the beliefs of the United Church of God which keeps the foundation of the apostolic Church of God of 31 AD.

If you think about it, the Catholics and any splinter groups (Protestant) would be lead to believe in the man-made doctrines of the Roman Catholic church. Examples would be the changing of the Holy Day of passover to the pagan holiday of easter or even the changing of the sabbath day from saturday to sunday. These are false doctrines and contradict what the bible teaches, though man follows these traditions over the bible commandments. I'll end it there so I can get the heat from the misguided Catholics that post here. God give you all the strength to look for the truth I have laid down for you.

[edit on 4/29/2008 by Locoman8]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Locoman8

Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the abrahamic faiths. I have minor scriptural or bible scholar skills.

You say and I quote "I am a follower of the Church of God, but not Weinland's (Preparation for the Kingdom of God) church. I am of the beliefs of the United Church of God which keeps the foundation of the apostolic Church of God of 31 AD". Thanks for the disclosure on this and thanks for the "heads up" other information.

Personal Disclosure: I have been following Ronald Weinland for past few months and his sort concern me . When any body says this is for free its to good to be true (he will want 10% in tithes for his church thanks, so the church can pay for the free books you download and then he reaps the profits through his publishing company that works for church printing hardback copies and running the "2008 God's Final witness" ect website, and 2ndly when anybody seeks converts I'm troubled by their desire to power over and manipulate and extract $$$. beware Charismatic Charletans who want to fleece you literally. Religious shepherds they are yes because the shear their flock fleeceless year after year after year! (sorry for the rant)

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

You lost me there. Is that a compliment for me or a put down? I agree with the tithes comment. I think it's an abuse of power for Weinland as it was for Armstrong. They will go back and show the scripture that mentions the tithe offerings but I strongly believe it was concerning the taxation the governments put on you and instead of 10%, our government gets the better of 33% of our paychecks. Why would we give up an extra 10% so the pastor can ride in a mercedes and go home to his mansion? Makes no sense to me. I live in a single-wide trailer that I'm renting because I can't get a loan for a 3 bedroom house. It's home for me and I'll make do with what I have but I'm not spending a dime on a guy who betters himself though tithe offerings.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Locoman8
God give you all the strength to look for the truth I have laid down for you

You are a man, who when he knows the truth, understands that all men are on their own personal journey.

Do not be so presumptuous as to categorically alienate your brethren.

Who was it that said: " Whatsoever you do unto the least of your brethren you have done unto me " ?

Like trees, all people require nourishment. Each according to their need.

The command is Love one another. The teaching is forgiveness. The lesson is eternal.
The Promise is in stone.

Do not create fences with your faith and traditions with your teachings that divide.

Love hath not division.

Catholic means universal and with the Catholic Church being the largest Christian assembly on earth, lets us find common ground and walk together.

The Truth is the Truth is the Truth
The Truth terminates hate,
and ultimately restores the Truth

Who was it that said: I am the Truth, I am the way, I am the life?

Help others to find the way, in a manner that doesn't make them want to leave your side.

A fisherman does not beat the water when he is seeking to catch more fish.

Be a fisher of men.

Peace

[edit on 1-5-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

I have no hate towards people. My dislike is toward the establishment of the Roman Catholic ways that plagued christianity through the adoption of pagan rituals, beliefs and holidays. If you are catholic, I'm not gonna judge you for being catholic. I simply tell you the interesting facts that I have discovered recently because I feel it's my duty to spread the truth about "traditional christianity" and bring people back to the true teachings of Christ. I was once a baptist which is a splinter group of catholics through the protestant reformation. My transformation from baptist to Church of God was a gradual journey for the better. It takes a lot out of people when you tell them Christmas isn't even a true christian holiday and that Easter was never intended to replace passover as it did or that sunday worship is a direct violation of the commandment, "thou shall keep my sabbath holy." Not to say you can't worship on sunday but the actual sabbath day of worship should still be saturday. I don't have hate in my heart for people. I have dislike for the establishments who manipulate the flock. When I say catholic, I refer to the protestant splinter groups as well, (Baptist, Methodist, Lutheran, 7th day advant, Pentacostal, Evangelic, etc.). I didn't mean to single out just the catholic faith. These faiths have a common theme in their beliefs and it is the belief that they should stay as far away from Jewish customs as possible...... even though Jesus celebrated and participated in these customs and the apostles as well upon the death of Christ. These Jewish customs/holy days had new meaning to them after Christ died and rose. Easter is pagan in origin as well as Christmas but the holy day that easter replaced has always been a genuine holy day of God and that day is Passover. The Jews sacrifice a lamb on the altar while christians celebrate Jesus as the passover sacrificial lamb in who's blood is the new covenant of the passover. Christianity has lost sight of this and instead of passover, they have communion... a man made tradition.

In closeing, I just want to emphasize that I hate no one and I don't want to single any particular religion out to separate christianity but if you think about it, christians are separated through different beliefs. There are more christian denominations than any other Abrahamic religions. I simply wanted to share a truth to you guys and see how it's taken in. The church that Jesus and his apostles founded.... that's what I follow and any true christian would follow the same thing. Why is it so hard to understand? It's the church of God and it was the only church in existince until the catholic church came along. Let it sink in for a minute and then answer me the question why you don't follow the church Jesus started? Instead you follow the church that "Peter" started and evidence already shows that the apostle, Peter wasn't the one who founded the catholic church. His name was Simon Magus and he took Peter's name since they had the first same name, Simon. Simon Magus was soon known as Simon Peter, the first pope of the catholic church. Peter, the actual apostle was one of the founders of the Church of God and if you watch the history channel at all, you will learn that the actual tomb of Peter is in Jerusalem, not Vatican City. These are the things I'm talking about. Research the truth instead of following what is expected by your priest.

I close this post with a passage from Luke 21 ch.34-35

"But take heed to yourselves, lest your hearts be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness, and cares of this life, and that Day come on you unexpectedly.
"For it will come as a snare on all those who dwell on the face of the whole earth."

This is a parallel of 1 Thessalonians Ch.5 v. 2-8

"For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night.
"For when they say, "Peace and safety!" then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape.
"But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief.
"You are all sons of light and sons of the day. We are not of the night nor darkness.
"THerefore let us not sleep, as others do, but let us watch and be sober.
"For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk are drunk at night.
"But let us who are of the day be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet the hope of salvation."

So you see, this explains the blindness or drunkeness that the devil pulls over the eyes of christianity but if you are awake and sober, you will be aware of what's going on around you. I simply want to help others wake up as I did. God bless you on your journey if you decide to take that journey of truth.

"

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

After making that post last night, I went to sleep and had a dream:

I was sitting with a woman whose boyfriend or husband had threatened to kill me but didn't. Rather then telling her about her husband, I asked her if she was married.

I then looked down at a school desktop, and scratched into the desk were these words:

" What the world needs now, is love sweet love "

Love is the Golden thread that heals and it overcomes arrogance and labels of all types. I do not know your religion, but what I do know is the way of Jesus Christ.

Peace

[edit on 1-5-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

thanks hifi guy you are right-----sometimes/most of the time---- we get so caught up in picky little details that we forget about the love of G-D (john13:34-35/1john5:3/2john1:6)
i have visited many churches/assemblies/congregations searching for the love of G-D but have not found it yet---------all i see is churches that say they are G-D's but appear to be wrapped up in their own little world's of we are the only true church ?who really cares?
where is the love?

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
You guys preach of the love for God and love of your neighbor but think about it. The catholic faith has plagued people into the celebration of pagan traditions. God hated idol worshipping and made it clear that weather it is a literal worship of other gods or just the celebration, he did not like it. He is a jealous God. Leviticus speaks of the 7 feasts that are to be celebrated in honor of God and that those were the only holy days that are to be celebrated. Jesus participated in these feasts and never mentioned the addition of his birthday as a holy day. He simply made it clear that upon his crucifixion, these holy days would hold a deeper meaning. These feasts throughout the year reveal God's plan for humanity if you really have your heart in Christ.

The first commanded day of worship is the weekly sabbath. It's the 7th day... the day in which God rested from the creation. This seventh day is Saturday. Catholics changed it to the first day.... sunday in order to distinguish themselves from the Jews and to bring more pagans into christianity by letting them worship their sun god.... hence the word sunday.

Our next holy day is Passover. Originally celebrated as the night all Hebrews put lambs blood on the doors of their homes in Egypt while all the firstborn of the Egyptians were killed. God passed over the Hebrews, hence the name Passover. In commemoration of that night, the Jews sacrifice a lamb to God on this day. Christ was the passover sacrificial lamb for humanity stopping the need for a sacrificial lamb. This however, did not stop the need of celebrating passover. Christ even explained how to honor the passover through his Last Supper while mentioning the bread as his beaten flesh and the new covenant of his blood through the wine. Easter has replaced passover in traditional christianity, again to distinguish christians from Jews and also to bring more pagans to accept christianity by letting them celebrate the god and goddess of fertility... hence easter eggs and bunnies.

In conjunction with passover, God instituted the seven-day Feast of Unleavened Bread, which immediately follows. Historically it commemorates the ancient Israelites fleeing Egypt in such haste that they didn't even have time to let their bread rise. This feast was celebrated in early spring barley harvest. God commands the festival to be kept by removing yeast from bread for 7 days. The first and last of those days being annual sabbaths... days of rest. It was during this festival that Jesus was raised from the dead-a vital factor for us to be led out of sin and on to God's Kingdom.

The third annual festival is the Feast of Weeks... also known as the Feast of Pentecost. This festival is also called the Feast of Harvest or Firstfruits, corresponding with the start of the late spring wheat harvest in Israel, was the day God miraculously granted His Spirit to the New Testament Church. Pentecost continues to remind us that God is the Lord of His harvest, choosing and preparing the firstfruits of His coming Kingdom by granting them His Spirit. God's Spirit empowers us with the love of God, the motivation to obey Him, and a sound mind to discern His truth. Only those led by God's Spirit are called the sons of God.

The fourth feast day, in late summer or early fall in Israel, is the Feast of Trumpets. Ancient Israel understood that trumpets were used as a way of announcing special messages. The New Testament reveals a great event to be announced with the sounding of a trumpet-the return of Jesus Christ to the earth. This day also pictures the time when faithful Christians who have died will be resurrected to life to reign with Christ for 1,000 years. Interestingly, it was around this time of year that Jesus was born-not in the dead of winter. And the fall feast season represents the time when Christ will come to the earth again to reign in glory.

The Day of Atonement is the fifth holy convocation. Observed by fasting, refraining from eating or drinking, this day represents humanity's need to be reconciled to God through the forgiveness of sin. At the return of christ, Satan the devil, who now leads mankind astray, will be bound so the nations can be reconciled to the Father through Christ. Luke referred to this observance as "the fast" in Acts 27:9.

The next festival period lasts for eight days and pictures the final step in God's master plan to bring all of humanity into His eternal family. It includes the last two of God's annual festivals and marks the celebration of the completion of a full year of harvests. The two festivals symbolize the last two great spiritual harvests of human beings under the reign of Jesus christ.

These last two feasts will be mentioned on the next post.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
The first seven days of the festival, the Feast of Tabernacles, also known as the Feast of Ingathering to mark this great harvest period, pictures the 1,000-year rule of Jesus Christ immediately following His return to the earth known as the Millennium.
Isaiah describes this future period as a time of peace when God's law will go forth to all nations from Jerusalem. The fierce nature of some animals will change, the earth will become highly productive, and, most improtant, "the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD as the waters cover the sea". With Satan's evil influence removed, all of humanity will at last learn God's ways. This perfect environment will be designed to offer all people the opportunity to repent of their sins and come to God the Father through Jesus Christ. The Bible shows that Jesus attended this important festival in John 7:2, 10, 14.

The final step in God's plan of salvation for all mankind is represented in a feast day at the conclusion of the Feast of Tabernacles. Also called the eight day or the Last Great Day, this festival pictures the great judgment of humankind described in Revelation 20:11-13. During this time all people who have died not knowing God's plan for them will be resurrected to life to be given an opportunity to respond to God's call. Thus it represents the completion of the spiritual harvest of mankind.
Our Creator wants "all men to be saved" and is "not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance". Through His wonderful plan everyone will have an opportunity to know His truth, repent and receive salvation.
The Church of the first century followed Jesus' example of observing these days. Peter and John urged the brethren to walk in Jesus' steps, to "walk just as He walked". They followed Christ's command to teach converts to "observe all things that I (Jesus) have commanded you" (Matthew 28:19-20).

You want love for God? That is one way of showing it. Celebrate his Holy Days instead of man-made holidays deeply rooted in pagan traditions and masked by the catholics as a legitimate christian holiday. God despised pagan worship and any rituals associated with pagan worship.
The Holy Days I have described are more fufilling and more meaningful than an imaginary day made up to celebrate the birth of the son of God even though that day was actually a pagan day to celebrate the birth of the sun god. I love God. I love Jesus. I love my brothers and sisters of the world and that's why I'm spreading this truth. You can't repent just by saying you love God. You have to honor him and put your whole heart in him. Only then will your eyes be opened to the deception of man that has been over you. I am by no means a righteous man, but I try to follow the true teachings that God has laid out for us and that Jesus himself followed. Man-made doctrines have plagued christianity and people just need to try to look beyond the man-made things. You don't have to be a church of God follower, but it's the best example for the true teachings in which Christ Himself followed and taught. Love starts by showing the person or entity you love how much you love them. Loveing God and Christ and then not celebrating the 7 holy day feasts commanded by God, is like loveing your wife or husband and then sleeping with a hooker. Easter, Halloween, and Christmas are the hookers in this analogy. If you would like more info on these holy days or about the truth of traditional christianity, please just ask me. I spread my love to my brothers and sisters by spreading the truth. Deny it if you want but the Holy Bible has it all written down in any language you desire.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I think the main reason for no other books and you know this as well as I do mad. Is that some suposid scipture doesns mach up with histoy. Not to mention I read the new gospels if you want to say. And none of them ring with the truth of the true gospels. None of the new ones where writen in history format. None of them talk really of what Jesus did ( his healing) they where all just Jesus's supoid words. When I read the bible I feel spiritual that they are God's words. when I read the new ones seam like bull crap. You every try reading Burach he was a scrip to Jereimy.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. ALSO! I've had computer troubles for past fortnight and haven't posted since then and so I apologize for any inconvenience caused by this delay (it appears I've been logged in all this time OMG!).

Locoman8 you say and I quote "You lost me there. Is that a compliment for me or a put down?". I assure you its a compliment!

Personal Disclosure: I'm sorry if I came across in my post as rude.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   

I feel it's my duty to spread the truth about "traditional christianity" and bring people back to the true teachings of Christ.

The Truth is the Truth is the Truth
The Truth terminates hate
and ultimately restores the truth

If your words do not sow seeds of healing, and your ways do not promote nurturing, then reconsider a more unifying approach.

A common ground honoring the will of the Father, with forgiveness 7 fold times 70. With all of us beginning our individual paths and respecting the paths of our brother.

People know not your religion, but they will know your way.

Good will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven

Peace

[edit on 10-5-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

I didn't think it was rude. I was just scratching my head for a minute because it confused me but thanks for the compliment. This Hi-Fi guy is not understanding my point. He talks about unification by finding middle-ground but God doesn't have middle-ground. You either follow his commandments or you don't.... am I right?

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

First off, you make little sense in your posts. Second, I respect my brothers and sisters of the world and their beliefs. I am by no means forcing people to listen to what I have to say. I made these posts of truth for people who are interested in learning the truth. God doesn't have a common-ground approach to his ways. You can't murder on friday, gamble on saturday and go to church on sunday, do it all over the next week and do it again thinking it's common-ground because you went to church for your sins. God's commandments are the most important laws written because they came from God. Sunday worship is a breaking of a commandment. Celebrating pagan holidays is a breaking of a commandment and 90 percent of all christians do both. And by no means does anybody burn in the lake of fire, except for Satan and his fallen angels. Humans that don't repent before the return of Christ will remain dead until the judgment when they will have the opportunity to repent again. If you don't repent, you will remain dead forever. There is no burning for life. This is the mercy of God. No one enters heaven or hell except for the Son of God who was the only human to enter heaven. The bible even says that.

These are the truths that have been plagued by traditional christianity. I just want to set the record straight. If you want me to give you the scripture that tells you all these truths, just ask and I'll deliver, but don't pretend it's a lolly-pop world where common-ground is essential because God doesn't work through common ground. You also say that truth needs to nurture and heal? What do you think this is? Most christians have been wounded and bruised with lies by satan and my truth is like neosporin to heal those wounds. You need a better argument, that or open your eyes by heeding the advice given to you in the bible.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   

First off, you make little sense in your posts.

Hmm. Maybe its that you don't want to hear another point? Is your heart so hard that you cannot hear the voice of another? I hear yours and its one of chastisement and discord for those that are already taking up their crosses.

Didnt Jesus say this?

Matthew
Therefore I speak to them in parables; because while seeing they do not see, and while hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand. In their case the prophecy of Isaiah is being fulfilled, which says,

‘Hearing you will hear and shall not understand, And seeing you will see and not perceive; For the hearts of this people have grown dull. Their ears are hard of hearing, And their eyes they have closed, Lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn, So that I should heal them.

What do you think he meant by that?

You also say that truth needs to nurture and heal?

Actually, this statement is not my own:

"The Truth is the Truth is the Truth
The Truth terminates hate
and ultimately restores the Truth"

If you know of who these words came from, then you would know the Truth.

Im really not here to play games with a man of Christ crucifying other Christians.
Your Truth is not your own. Your Truth, should it be correct comes from the Truth himself.

And the Truth terminates hate.

Didn't Jesus say I will make you fishers of men? Don't beat the water scaring men that are already in the net. For what purpose?

Your Sabbath interpretation is a technicality.

Keep Holy the Sabbath. Six days you will labor, and on the 7th you will rest.

Ambulance drivers, doctors, and other essential services are needed on Sundays are they not? Saturdays too.
Let them work their 6 days and on their rest day, recognize the Sabbath.

Mark 3
And when he had looked round about on them with anger, being grieved for the hardness of their hearts, he saith unto the man, Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it out: and his hand was restored whole as the other. 6 And the Pharisees went forth, and straightway took counsel with the Herodians against him, how they might destroy him.

Peace

[edit on 12-5-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

You claim that I am chastising other christian faiths and that I don't understand your posts because my heart isn't open to hear your point of view? I've heard every point of view and then I read the bible... the word of God and notice that there is a real problem with man's point of view. I'm not chastising your faith... it is simply the man-made doctrines and traditions I have a problem with. I know who said that line. I'm not stupid. One thing you should realize is that the truth is found through God and God is found through faith. Faith is found by opening your heart and one can only open his/her heart if they let the truth set them free. If you love God, you follow his commandments. I understand your point with the working on saturday or sunday and that certain people need to find their own time to worship. Jesus mentions the fact that healing on the sabbath should not be considered blasphemy. However, he still worshiped on the sabbath. That doesn't mean you have to go to church on saturday, it just means you need to spread the word of God and learn the word of God and spend the day worshipping Him, even if you are at work. The main problem is that most christian faiths make it a point to worship only on sunday and they claim it to be the holy day of rest. That is false teachings. I have a feeling that I'm being chastised for setting the record straight, just as the apostles did. They were preaching to gentiles who worshipped pagan gods in the Roman Empire and many people would not believe them and instead, persecuted them. Christianity was a small faith until the Roman Catholics came along and told the pagans it was alright to still worship their gods. This is when satan made his claim on christianity because more people were willing to follow man-made doctrines instead of God's. I simply want to set the truth out there so people could have the opportunity to see what satan has done to christianity... is that so hard to understand?

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I don't seek to chastise you loco, but rather to get you to lead in a manner such as the Good shepherd. A sheep herder doesn't beat his sheep when he guides them for they will run off. But rather he uses a stick and taps them lightly to remind them of the path.

Be considerate of the Catholics for they are very devout in their way as are other faiths and denominations.

Perhaps one should consider the influence of one of the largest followings on the planet earth and wonder why it is so.

Then one should consider the Muslim following and their body and look for the common ground.

One God, the Father Almighty. Creator of Heaven and Earth. Of all that is seen and unseen.

Trust in Gods Love for all mankind.

In regards to man made holidays...

Mothers day is a man made holiday. I think that we can all agree that our Mothers don't get enough recognition for their labors. 9 months they labor to bring us into the world and we bring them great stress and worry.

While not a commanded holiday, it is one that has the best of intentions.

Christmas: A highly debated holiday. Be it the correct day or not, reminds man of the birth of Christ and the spirit of giving despite its gross undertaking at times. Some take this to be a one day event while others seasonal. Yet again, others do it every day of the year.

I would like to present that Christmas is eternal. But not in what we give to one another, but rather what has been given to us eternal through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ.

It was his Love for us and his command of Love one another which was of the Father, that we may attain common ground.

Peace on Earth, Good will to men. On Earth as it is in Heaven

Peace

[edit on 13-5-2008 by HIFIGUY]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join