It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why no more books in the Bible?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

Holidays such as mother's day and thanksgiving are not of pagan origin. God dislikes pagan worship and it includes christmas, easter and halloween. These are holidays with pagan origins that represent the worship of other gods or goddesses. Mother's day, father's day, thanksgiving, and independence days are not of pagan origin. They are days that comemmorate our national history or the sacrifices our parents made for their children. Christmas was never a true christian holiday until a few centuries ago when the council of nicea made it a christian holiday. It is burried deep in pagan rituals representing the birth of sun gods on the winter solstice. The exchanging of gifts was part of the rituals. They would get drunk, exchange gifts and commit adultry with each other as part of a mateing ritual in honor of the goddess Saturn. Easter is a holiday that was celebrated in commemoration of the goddess of fertility and the sun god who died every year but was reborn every spring for the fertility rituals. The easter bunny represents the sun god of fertility and the easter egg represents the fertility of the goddess or female. Nothing about Mother's day or Independence day represent any rituals of the sort. THat's what kind of problem I have with those holidays. I understand your point with leading the herd without beating them, and that's not what I'm trying to do. God is merciful. If you die not knowing God's true ways, you will simply miss out on the 1,000 years of peace on earth, but during judgement after the millenium God will give the unrighteous a chance to repent and become part of the family of God. This is his mercy and this is why catholic followers and protestant followers will not die in vain unless they fail to repent during judgement. I call that a sign of mercy and that's part of the truth I'm trying to tell people. You will not burn in a lake of fire for eternity if you die sinful. You have an opportunity after death to repent. No man enters heaven. No man has ever entered heaven except the Son of God. Earth is man's home and always will be. Jesus will rule on earth upon His return. To me, that's the most anticipated time in human history and along with my spill about pagan worship and corrupt christian faiths, I wanted to bring this point up. Though we have the opportunity to repent after death, we should still honor God in the most humble of ways and remember his commandments. Remember his true holy days and his holy day plan for mankind. I'm sorry for those who take offence but I truely feel that it's my duty to spread the true message of Christ and God to the people. After all, it's the duty of God's church to spread the word of God. I follow God's church, the true Church of God that Christ himself along with the apostles founded. It was the original New Testament Church and the first of any christian churches. Those of you wanting to follow in the footsteps of the apostles, I urge you to research the United Church of God at www.ucg.org. There you will find a number of articles and literature that is available free of charge in pdf format or mailed directly to you which helps people to better understand certain aspects of true christian teachings and the corruptness that satan has turned christianity into. I urge you to research this site before commenting.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Last Time I check the bible no where in it does it say not to celebrate holidays. I do understand not celebrateing pagan holidays are not good and a sin. But we where born in america not into paganism. Amercica celebrates these holidays as holidays not for paganism. No where in the bible does it say you will be damn if you celebrate one of these holidays. Plus no where in the bible does it say that sunday should not be worship day. It says that the shell keep the sabbath day holly. Weather your worshiping or doing the work of God, your still doing God's will.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by slymattb

America was based on a religion that was trying to free itslf from the church of Rome and its ways. Thanksgiving was started in England to replace Christmas. We were not big into Christmas and Easter celebrating, until recent times.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by slymattb

Last Time I check the bible no where in it does it say not to celebrate holidays. I do understand not celebrateing pagan holidays are not good and a sin. But we where born in america not into paganism. Amercica celebrates these holidays as holidays not for paganism. No where in the bible does it say you will be damn if you celebrate one of these holidays. Plus no where in the bible does it say that sunday should not be worship day. It says that the shell keep the sabbath day holly. Weather your worshiping or doing the work of God, your still doing God's will.

Paganism is all around us weather you believe it or not. Santa Clause, the easter bunny and easter eggs, Jack-O-Lanterns, flying reindeer, holly bushes, wreaths, Yule-tide carrolls. It is all pagan in tradition. Roman Catholics created the false christian aspect to these days. Instead of the birth of the sun god, they called it the birth of the Son of God... Instead of the sun god being ressurrected, the Son of God was ressurrected on easter... instead of talking to dead family members at the fall harvest, christians celebrated the fallen saints on all saints day... aka Halloween. Everything we celebrate with religious meaning to it in this country is burried in paganism. American or not, it's still not God's holy days being celebrated. As far as the sabbath goes, God makes it clear to keep the sabbath holy and that day was saturday. I'm not saying you can't worship on sunday but traditional christianity has abandoned saturday as the sabbath and consider sunday as the holy day of rest which is false. Sunday was the day of the week that the pagans worshipped the sun god. We abandoned God's Holy Day for a pagan worship day, plain and simple. Worship on sunday if you desire, but don't declaire it the sabbath and be sure to worship on the sabbath day. Learn God's holy day plan on the sabbath day. Don't disreguard Jewish holy days just because they're Jewish, remember that Christ and the apostles celebrated God's 7 Holy Day feasts as well.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Locoman8

I agree that the "Lords Day" is not the Sabbath.
That is also the Sun day.
To call the Lord's Day the Sabbath is very ignorant.
The Pilgrims and other colonists to America got into the habit of calling Sunday the Sabbath.
That had to do with their desire to follow God's commandments.
Some of the best thinkers among the colonials did recognize the seventh day Sabbath and kept it, but it did not get to the high levels of the established churches.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

The Lord's Day is the Sabbath. It's the one day out of the week we set aside to learn about our Lord God and his Son Jesus. The bible points this out. Sunday was the day the pagans worshipped the sun god and it is also why Roman Catholics changed the day of worship to sunday... so more pagans would convert.

Leviticus 23:1-4
1: And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,
2: Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the feasts of the Lord, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my feasts.
3: Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of the Lord in all your dwellings.

So what's the difference in the "Lord's Day" and the "Lord's Sabbath"? Nothing whatsoever. God gave man 6 days to work and go about our own business, but on the seventh day, we dedicate to God and his teachings. Why is it, christians do it on sunday instead of saturday? False, man-made doctrines...that's why. Give me proof that the Lord's Day is on sunday. give me biblical proof.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I am not a Sunday Keeper, and never have been. I am a Seventh Day Adventist, just so you know.
I did not choose that religion for myself, but was born into it.
I am 53 and I have not yet decided to opt-out.
If anything I am more conservative about holding to the original intent of the church.
I do not keep the Sabbath because the law restrains me.
If I choose to keep it, that is allowed for me.
Jesus died for me to be forgiven, when I do not keep it, according to the law.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I just disagree on some points of history.
I do not think that Sun worship and Sunday keeping were all that big in the empire in the time of the early Christians.
Constantine was into it, in a big way.
He saw Christians as Sunday keepers and decided that they would be a useful tool for spreading his agenda.
As for biblical proof, read the book of acts.
Paul would go to a city and meet with the Jews at their synagogue.
Once the sun went down on the Sabbath, Paul would use the synagogue for church services.
I suspect that the pagan converts would see no significance in the Sabbath, other than something to be hated.
They would try to stay up all night to usher in the Lord’s Day and celebrate the rising of Christ from the tomb.

[edit on 17-5-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Before Constantine, the Roman Empire was a Pagan empire. Constantine converted to Catholicism and implemented a few changes in christianity. The early church followers before constantine kept the sabbath, not sunday. Friday sundown to saturday sundown. If Paul used synagogues after sunset to preach, it was because the Jews wouldn't let him use it any other time. Also, it was Paul who was sent to the Gentiles and Peter who was sent to the Jews to convert so how was it that Paul was at a Jewish synagogue? Exactly what chapter and verse in Acts does it show that? I'm not saying you're wrong, and that's why I desire the passage in the bible. I'm not judging your character at all. I do want you to know that the early church of God did not worship on sunday as opposed to saturday. They kept the sabbath. I realize that today's society won't allow us to keep a sabbath, but the fact of the matter is, we should still recognize it as God's day of worship. Most self-declared christians can't make sunday service because of work, but still recognize sunday as their day of worship.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   

To Locoman, go ahead and say I am wrong if you want.
I have spent a lot of time studying this subject, but I do not consider myself to be an expert.
I do know someone who made himself an expert.
He was motivated to strike a blow for God’s Sabbath.
He spent a lot of years trying to come up with the definitive proof for keeping the Sabbath.
It was a shock to all his followers when he finally concluded that the early Christians were actually Sunday keepers.
Sorry about that, but you cannot prove otherwise.
This was coming from a great leader inside the Seventh Day Adventist Church.
He basically lost his cult-like following because people did not want to hear it.
I was studying this topic, at the same time, mainly because my brother, the theologian, had already come to this conclusion.
I came up with the same result, as my brother, about the time our leader had his announcement.
You can look in the Bible all day, every day, for a year and you will not find a Sabbath keeping Church among the converted Pagans.
P.S. I will never want to tell someone to not keep the Sabbath.
If you do, more power to you.
Just remember, it is not your place to judge the world.
Jesus has that reponsibility.
Keep it for your personal improvement and enjoy it while you can.
Do not hate your brother if he does not act like you.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I never said you were wrong and I never said I was right but you're reading into the wrong things here. I said the early church of God kept the sabbath. I know the pagan converts didn't because they were part of the catholic church which is the church that changed sabbath worship to sunday worship and changed christian passover to the pagan holiday of easter among other things. I am not judging anybody, but only the establishment of the traditional christian church and the Roman Catholic establishments. The followers of these churches simply do what is taught and are raised to believe it. I was raised a southern baptist, which is a splinter group of the catholic church as well as all other protestant faiths. I just recently discovered truth in my search for answers because the church failed to help me see the truth. My brother is athiest and he laid out a lot of truths about christianity to me and after researching what he showed me, I understood why he didn't believe. I, on the other hand was not so quick to throw my faith out the window, so to prove to my brother and to myself that Jesus, God and the whole bible was true, I went on a mission to debunk some of these truths he presented to me... most of which are found on the first third of the documentary "zeitgeist". My vigorous search lead me to the United Church of God and instead of doing like all othe churches do when presented a question, they answered it truthfully and gave historical facts and texts to research. The truth about easter, christmas, sunday worship, and other various subjects were all answered for me, and i didn't have to take the UCG's word for it, because the research lead me to the same conclusions they had. They follow the same basic principals of the Church of God that was founded by Jesus and his apostles, who kept the sabbath. When Paul converted people, he did not compromise to them like the catholics did.

On a side note, I know about the 7th day advent groups and though I don't agree with all of your stuff, I do admire your chuch for keeping the true sabbath, which is one of the ten commandments. I don't expect you to agree with all that I have just laid out for you as most people are set in their ways and their beliefs, I just hope you understand that I feel like God gave me a new purpose in life and that is to spread the truth about traditional christianity and the lies that satan has pulled over the church's eyes. Why doesn't a follower of a faith question when in doubt? Something is surely wrong when a so-called christian holiday is replaced with easter eggs and bunnies or a fat red suited man handing out presents by going down a chiminey. They are all pagan in tradition, and all 7 of God's holy day feasts have been avoided by christians. My mission is to tell people that instead of following the doctrine of men, follow the doctrines of God and Christ. Jesus didn't do away with all of the OT commandments or holy days. No new holy days were added when Christ was on earth. I don't pass judgement, I lay out the truth as I see it because I feel like God has revealed it to me. If I were to pass judgement because I don't think the 7th day are a legitimate religion, then I would say something like, "you'll burn in hell for believeing what you believe!" but that's not what I came here to do. That's what southern baptists do. When a human condemns someone to hell, that's passing judgement. Just remember, I never called you wrong. I simply asked you for that passage in Acts where Paul preached in the synogogues after sunset.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Thanks for spelling that out for me.
I do not put too much faith in any particular church.
I can hardly even call myself a SDA, but there are people in that church who hold to the traditional theology.
All the churches are under a lot of pressure to join the New World Order.
We have to learn to be able to think for ourselves.
The man who founded your church is no longer with us.
We all need to be suspicious of our current leadership.
We need to look at what road they are taking us down.
If it is towards a world system, we need to speak up.
If no one listens, we need to get out.
I am not a good example because I have pretty much given up on trying to change anything, from the inside.
I do not want to go around accusing people of having bad motives.
I think most Christians have good intent, but truth is hard to come by.
I can not say that my truth should be your truth.
As long as we keep looking, and are not content with ourselves, we are on the right track.
Whatever happened to the Catholic Church, back in its beginning, expect to happen again, to take in even more error.
And the same sort of coercion to create conformity.
But, I guess you already know that.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

You claim the leader of my church not being here anymore and I guess you're referring to Herbert W. Armstrong. I just wanted to correct you in this assumption... if I'm right with your accusation. Please let me know if Armstrong was not the one you were talking about.

H.W. Armstrong was the founder of Worldwide Church of God which was the apostolic church in the mid 20th century. When Armstrong died, he left WCG to a fundamentalist who completely abandoned the core beliefs of the church for a more traditional approach in order to become an elite evangelic church congregation. The United Church of God was part of the church body of WCG that left when Armstrong passed in order to keep the true apostolic teachings of Christ. UCG is the largest of the former WCG congregation.

I want to thank you for that reply and I agree completely with your assessment of the New World Order. I believe the EU is the 7th revival of the Roman Empire and that the Roman Catholic Church is the Harlot Woman of revelation. I believe the political beast may very well be the first president elected into the EU. There are 10 permanent members of the EU along with 17 part-members making a total of 27 member-states of the EU. The permanent 10 share leadership in 6 month intervals... which sounds like the passage about the 10 kings with no kingdom but share an hour as king. I think the EU is waiting for the demise and downfall of the United States in order to assume world dominance which will set up a global government led by the political beast and puppeteered by the religious beast (Pope-Catholic Church). I feel a 3rd World War beyond the horizon which will be triggered by the United States starting pre-emptive war with Iran. I don't pretend to think I'm a prophet. I just call it like I see it... which may not be the correct assumption, but sure looks like what I've read.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Armstrong is who I was thinking of.
I really do not know much about the church other than what I read about it on the internet.
I looked into it one night after reading, I think, was some of your earlier posts, from a couple months back.
There may be a few different churches that broke off.
I am not that concerned about all that.
You pretty much nailed it on the head, though.
You will get no disagreement from me.
I know my parents looked into that church because they had a lot of Armstrong books.
They never taught me anything about it.
So, do not look to me to judge you, or your church.
We have a common enemy, the N.W.O.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I agree that it's the NWO that's got the world by the balls and we let it happen. The NWO is probably the reason why there are no more books in the Bible. Satan runs the show.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join