It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Sick Of America!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
So what you people are saying is if your disatisfied with how your country is being run, you run away from the problem and leave it at that... what a #ed up idea... if your disatisfied with the way your country is run you fix the problem to the best of your ability... i agree the USA as #ed and if i was american i would be very very ashamed of the fact because of how my government is representing me... thankfully i'm not american... in fat if i was a christian when i said grace the first line would be

'thank the lord for not having me born in the most tyranical state since NAZI germany'

but i can whinge and whine all i want but the american blind patriots will never accept the fact their country is not the grand and beautiful place they are led to believe it is... i pity those fools

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
First of all Peral Harbor wasn't faked. Why would America want to kill 3000 of their own people?; and also America could enter WWII if they wanted to and they did they just did dam little to help, BUT they did NOT fake Peral Harbor, and second of all if you hate America then why do you live here? Or are you a little kid who joined ATS and cant leave thics country. Trust e life in Amerca is better than life in whatever country youre from(probably one of the former USSR countries anyway)

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
So what you people are saying is if your disatisfied with how your country is being run, you run away from the problem and leave it at that... what a #ed up idea... if your disatisfied with the way your country is run you fix the problem to the best of your ability... i agree the USA as #ed and if i was american i would be very very ashamed of the fact because of how my government is representing me... thankfully i'm not american... in fat if i was a christian when i said grace the first line would be

'thank the lord for not having me born in the most tyranical state since NAZI germany'

but i can whinge and whine all i want but the american blind patriots will never accept the fact their country is not the grand and beautiful place they are led to believe it is... i pity those fools

I agree with you all the way. Im not american either. Most of the people on ATS aren't

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
I didnt see homeless families everywhere sleeping in the streets. I didnt see homeless men with cardboard signs asking to work for food. If your idea of decent living standards is an oversized house, all the fat food u can eat and a monster truck, you have alot to learn.
We have the shortest life expectancy in the west. WE have the worlds dumbest people. We have 12% of our people living beneath the UN poverty level. We do nothing to help our own.

Our citizens are self centered ignorant and cold. Families sell thier own relatives out for money. Our birthrate is declining, and were getting older. Our standard of living is achieved by debt. Freedom? yeah, we used to have that. Not anymore. Everything from forcing seatbelts and bike helmets and car insurance to unwarranted police stops, insane and stupid laws, ect.

Maybe you hate the people in our country? We have strayed far from our original path of a good nation for all...but I think a big problem is today's society driven by money and consumers...everyone is greedy and wants money and power without having to work for it. Most homeless people wouldn't be homeless if they had graduated high school and started working. The rich are getting richer, while the poor are getting poorer...but do you have suggestions for making it right? I for one think that a lot of our money could be used for making people's lives better, instead of for the war in Iraq, "war" on drugs, and many other worthless things our government does..ok so I hate the way our government is run right now, but I don't hate our country.

[Edited on 23-2-2004 by Shoktek]

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673

Originally posted by specialasianX

I agree with you all the way. Im not american either. Most of the people on ATS aren't

Hell i dont even live there and would hate to live there... i admit that living standards there are higher than, lets say, ethiopia... but i suggest for anyone who wants to live in a nice western country full of luxury, but not have a psycopathic war-monger as your head of state, move to canada (i hear its quite pleasant there if you like the cold), or australia (same as canada but its really hot)...

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673
...and second of all if you hate America then why do you live here? Or are you a little kid who joined ATS and cant leave thics country. Trust e life in Amerca is better than life in whatever country youre from(probably one of the former USSR countries anyway)

Personally, I'm not some kid. I know who you were talking to, but c'mon... if the Iraqi's were so against their government, why didn't they just move out? They have their reasons... mine, well... lets see... I could move to Canada. I can't stand the cold. I could move to Australia, but I was informed by several aussie friends (one was ex-GF... I ROCK!) that Americans don't exactly get a warm welcome there like in Crocodile Dundee. Hard to get a job there as an american. Also the same problem if I moved to other countries. Everyone hates the American Government and American media so much that it has just become a hate for Americans in general. Thus, it has become quite hard for the average American to ust up and move to some other country.

Oh, and the statistics that you get to see that show America as such a high living quality nation don't show you the percent of the population that was over $1mil, over 5 mil, over 25 mil, etc. If you have 5 multi-billionaires, and the other 2000 peeps are only making $1 a day, it's gonna look like that group of people are quite well off, when in fact the opposite is true. People come to Ameri8ca to make tons of money because there are so many loopholes in our laws and regulations. If you are a general manufacturing company, you are bound by less stringent (EPA laws, for example) than you would be if you were running an automotive manufacturing company. So, you make a manufacturing company and manufacture cars. That is small time thing though... the loopholes I'm more talking about are within the legal system. The ones that, when finally caught, make the BIG news!

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Shotek, most homeless people are homeless because society is #ed up. Contrary to myth, many homeless are there because they lost thier jobs, cannot afford to live like humans any more. Example:

I am currently semi homeless, staying between my car and motels. I graduated highschool, I have skills, Im a vet. Currently, me, my mother, and stepdad are homeless because my stepdads mother kicked us out of her house we stayed in and fixed for her so she could sell it. The guy buying the house offered her half of the money so we could stay longer, but she wanted the money NOW. Mind you, she owns another house, has mney in the stock market. She aint hurting.
Thats one example. I met a nice homeless couple when i was campin at the lake. The womans mother threw her out of the house because the mom got married, and wanted to sell the house so she could go live in florida.
I saw a woman standing on the side of the freeway holding up a sign asking for a ride to seattle. She had two kids. Homeless family.
There are millions of American children living on the streets. Why are they there? They havent even made it to highschool. They are there because thier families are #ed up.

My point? America is #ed up not because of politicians. Politicians only have the power we granted them. America is #ed up because of its WORTHLESS SELFISH LAZY STUPID PEOPLE. Americans will sell out and sacrifice thier own families for money. They sit back and allow thier govornment to go start pointless wars as they sit back and eat themselves into thier graves. Thier stupid, cattle brains refuse to actually think beyond trhier own, pathetic, miserable lives and drama, they are so self absorped,, its pathetic. This country is dying because of its people. If its people would get off thier 500 pound extra large asses and for once, wield thier own power, America would be saved. But instead, they will sit and watch Friends or some other brain rotting garbage and not give a second thought to the destruction of the land people once risked death and disaster to reach, defend, and keep.

America is doomed cuz of Americans, and, as Jakomo pointed out, Mc Democracy. I tire of the blatant ignorance and slothlike cowardice and apathy of this population. Because its up to them to change things. Ive done my part as much as possible. Now its too late.

So, I say again, America does suck. But, even those who hate it, well not leave, because there is no other place to go. Well sink with the ship, i suppose

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   
skadi, I agree with you that many people are like that now...but it doesn't mean ALL AMERICANS are greedy, lazy, fat, and everything else. We do have a huge gap between the homeless/very poor and the very wealthy..this needs to change. Our society is going downhill, watching things on the news such as old women being trampled by people trying to get into a store in order to shop early really makes you wonder...lots of homeless people are legitametly trying to get back on track and just support their families, but then you also have those who don't work and try to live off of other people's tax money, how do you determine who deserves help, and who will genuinely contribute to society if we support poor people? like you said many Americans are lazy, but there are also those that are very hardworking and determined...it is a difficult problem

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Skadi,

all true and something I have tried on several occasions to get people to admit to here.

but still we all have a role in our own existance too.

Jakomo? he's from Quebec so let's leave it at that.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Gred, laziness, ect. But the core of the disease?

The loss of family and friends. The breakup of families, the me first, divorcing society of mental midgets.

Even deeper? America is immature. Aging and becoming an adult is bad in this country. WE have 40 year old morons who refuse to grow up, instead, choosing to live an easy commitment free life of self indulgance. Americans live as mental adolecents thier whole lives. They refuse to become mature. They refuse to have families, or care for thier. Its self indulgance and selfish behavior, this eternal disneyland and mc donalds mentality.

No, not all Americans are useless, but 90% are, and those few who are aware of the problems will get eaten, trampled, or discarded by society, or even worse: thier families.

Familiy is the very foundation of human social systems, from the simplest of tribes to super empires. When the family crumbles and breaks apart, and feed on one another, your society is doomed.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a problem that I'm having is that the cost of living has risen sharply, but I'm still making crap for money. I can't afford to take time off work to look for another job, I can't afford to move anywhere else, I can't afford crap except the few things I deem necessary to keep my sanity... an occasional drink or stone, and my cable. If I stopped both, it would still take me almost a year to be able to afford to move. It's not like I can just throw on a backpack and start hiking to Australia... I wish I could.

As well, I have a GF who has a 7-year old. So am I just supposed to say "screw both of you... I'm outa this country! BYE!"... umm... that would be kinda against my morals because I would be hurting them to make myself happy. Not gonna do it.

But, none-the-less I can't afford to do much of anything. I REALLY can't afford to put my GF in financial jepardy because I decided to go on a crusade against the government and get thrown in jail for treason. Stuck between a rock and a hard place. This is also the same reason most of America won't do anything and stick up for themselves. Who wants to go to jail and screw their entire lives up (remember... it goes on your permanent record!) and put their family in financial crisis, in addition to losing everything they've worked so hard for? The American government is quite big on censorship... by whatever means possible.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Earthscum, last time I checked, protesting voting, and lobbying your congress nor watching the news were not things u end up in jail for.

Most Americans dont give two rats asses about thier families, if they can profit, they will sell thier families out for thier own means. I see that alot. Most Americans dont care about thier families, look at divorce, the amount of fatherless children, kids on the streets, ect.

Americans simply care about themselves and thier own gratification. You are a one in a million example. I see more often guys who have no qualms about dumping thier girlfriends and kids for better times, or women who will sell thier kids to perverts for money, or family members who sue thier own relatives.

You are an exception that only proves my point.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   
One thing that Skadi forgot to mention is that once you are homeless it's even harder to find a job because of several reasons. One being that if it's between person A, who has been living at the same adress for the last 5 years and is looking to trade up to a new job, or person B, who hasn't had an adress for the last month, hasn't had a permanent adress for quite awhile longer, and has no phone to be contacted on, who is gonna get the job?

In America, it's extremely hard to make it up the ladder. Once you get closer to the top, it becomes easier to get all the way up. C'mon... we give tax breaks for the rich and rape the hard earned money of the poor. Truly sad, and I wish I had a magic wand to change it all. Where the hell is Mickey Mouse when we need him?!? (yes, bad joke...)

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
yeah, I could always lobby and vote and stuff, but that has been made to be the equivilant of clearing all the sand out of california with a pair of tweezers. What I mean by that is to clear up a problem that has grown to these proportions, our government basically needs to be completely overthrown and reversed back to the original constitution. The way our laws work, basically anyone who tries to get a law changed can be convicted of treason. All you have to do is get a lawyer that is good with twisting meanings and words around... like some of the ATS members do... you know, the ones who keep up that perfect balance of GOOD vs. JACKASS? lol... anyways, get a good lawyer and you can probably convict anyone of some kind of treason against the US.

Anyways... you gotta think about how many laws there really are, and how many layers to each law there are, because of revisions, etc. In america, we have this heaping pile of crap laws. When we don't need a law, we write a new law that states that the old law is no longer effective. So we have these huge books with about 10 thousand times the material as laws that you can go through. All you have to do is find the part where they SHOULD'VE put this or that in but didn't... there's even laws taht aren't enforced anymore, but were never properly or completly, overwritten. ALL THESE LAWS NEED TO BE THROWN OUT AND REWRITTEN FROM SCRATCH! The greedy are allowed, by law, to be greedy. The selfish are allowed, by law, to be selfish.

Umm... sry, ADD kicked in and I forgot the point I was making, but I'm pretty sure I made it, lol.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shoktek

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
I didnt see homeless families everywhere sleeping in the streets. I didnt see homeless men with cardboard signs asking to work for food. If your idea of decent living standards is an oversized house, all the fat food u can eat and a monster truck, you have alot to learn.
We have the shortest life expectancy in the west. WE have the worlds dumbest people. We have 12% of our people living beneath the UN poverty level. We do nothing to help our own.

Our citizens are self centered ignorant and cold. Families sell thier own relatives out for money. Our birthrate is declining, and were getting older. Our standard of living is achieved by debt. Freedom? yeah, we used to have that. Not anymore. Everything from forcing seatbelts and bike helmets and car insurance to unwarranted police stops, insane and stupid laws, ect.

Maybe you hate the people in our country? We have strayed far from our original path of a good nation for all...but I think a big problem is today's society driven by money and consumers...everyone is greedy and wants money and power without having to work for it. Most homeless people wouldn't be homeless if they had graduated high school and started working. The rich are getting richer, while the poor are getting poorer...but do you have suggestions for making it right? I for one think that a lot of our money could be used for making people's lives better, instead of for the war in Iraq, "war" on drugs, and many other worthless things our government does..ok so I hate the way our government is run right now, but I don't hate our country.

\
I agree wiht you 100000000000000000000000000% lol

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Yup, earth, its impossible to get off the streets without ALOT of help that no one wants to give. So, you live a life of the marginalized your whole existance. Doomed.

Those laws are nothing. If americans got off thier asses and started demanding those ridiculous laws repealed, instead of taking this #, and put massive force behind it, it wouldnt be a problem.

But, no one wants to acrifice.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   
it's also time consuming. If you can, by chance, get them to get rid of all the crap and just start writing the laws on a clean slate, the laws would still be written by the same people who were writing them in before... the same people that are manipulated by the "higher forces" in our government. This is why our government would have to be completly overthrown to accomlish anything at all.

I see the american government getting the toss soon. America has turned into Earth's frat house, and you know stuff is getting bad when not only the campus, but even some of the roommates, don't agree with what's going on.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Ok...my opinion is that some people really don't understand what America is and is becoming.

The US is an arena. It is about survival of the fittest. It is not about socialism, it is about the sneakist, wisest, wealthiest, and most ruthless coming to power. It is not Finland or France where limits are in place. It is a place where those who want to win the biggest prize come to play. There is poor because the bar is always being raised and those who don't keep up are left with the parting gift of welfare and low income housing.

There is compassion in the US, but people are so DRIVEN to keep their head above the water here that they don't have time to solve the world's problems. How can an athlete compete if he's busy on the sidelines making sure the other teams are not mad at him?? The rest of the world does not understand this at all...Americans are competing every day (literaly!) against each other, the world, their family and their own misguided perceptions of success. We are pushed to produce like no other country.

We can't let China win, we can't let Europe win, we have to watch out for Russia, we have to watch out for the terrorists, Mexicans are invading the border...NO other country on this planet feels this much pressure: it is literaly the USA vs The World!

Americans are STRESSED OUT...we are persecuted for trying to be the best (at least in our minds) and we don't understand that. Americans don't understand that we need to downshift and look to other things rather than the illusion of wealth and power for happiness. We feel that the world will fall apart if we didn't keep an eye out. Sort of like a parent that doesn't know when to let their child grow up. We aren't trying to be jerks by saying "NO!"...we just look at the failures on the part of the UN and other nations to be "grown up" and figure poor Johnny Earth is never going to make it without Ma and Pa USA there to guide it.

The US is at a fork in the road during this decade...we will either self-destruct or bloom as an empire (which I think is probably not a good thing). The goal of the world should be to come to the UN and say "Dad (USA) I love how you protected us and tried to do your best...but it's time you let us try it on our own. We need to come up with a plan that lessens your burden and increases ours so that we can grow and then you (USA) can survive as a proud parent rather than a despised patriarch that can't give up control.

Those that hate the USA are misguided. Those that love the USA are misguided. We are just a cycle in history, yet we now have the opportunity as a country to guide the world to a place of tolerance and respect...and the US needs to learn to "live" in the world and not just "survive" the world.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I like your view, Boogie

However, you gotta realize it's hard to discipline a child that has never been disciplined before... you can't teach an old dog new tricks... and you just can't teach ma and pa to program their own damn VCR, yet they still insist on using the computer.

Basically, Pa decided a long time ago that his kids aren't allowed to grow up. Who would want to give up control of an entire nation? (I would, but I'm just too lazy to run a country, lol...)

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   
The leaders of America are but a reflection of the citizens of this country.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join