It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Sick Of America!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I regret that you are sick of America. I have traveled to many places around the world. No other nation's citizens live as well here, not even in any other Western country. No nation - not even England and Canada - have the freedom of press and speech we have in the U.S.

You could not even post that statement about any other country in at least 90% of the world's nations.

I do not intend to demean you personally when I state that, in my limited experience, most people who make such statements have not traveled to, or lived in, many other countries.

If I had the power to give you an assignment, I would ask you to write what you think is better about the U.S. than any other country. Then, investigate the other countries to see if, in fact, they enjoy those same privileges.

Robert O'Neal
roneal3@cfl.rr.com

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
if you cant stand the heat in the kitchen then get the # out.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I gotta say, I kinda agree with they see ALL... I am so sick of and pissed off at the political systems running in America. Our government isn't what they advertise to be in the history books.

What the AMERICAN GOVERNMENT is doing is advertising "This is our roots!" and nothing else. REMEMBER THAT OUR COUNTRY WAS FOUNDED ON FREEDOM! Yeah... I remember that that building was originally a stripper bar, too. Funny, the new walgreens isn't using that to sell more stuff. It's called propaganda. Propaganda cracks me up.

Here's a (ONE) example of America's corrupt present practices, but more on a local level: I live in Cheyenne (capital of Wyoming, for all the uneducated). We went to "zero tolerance" about 5 or so years back when this new Judge came in to seat. It was funny... people who were deemed 'normal and upstanding citizens' were all of a sudden becoming criminals and on unsupervised probation for a year! I got busted and voluntarily handed over my pipe, which was scraped almost totally clean, and got my ticket for $200. I thought it was a periphinelia charge... wrong. Apparently it had "enough scrapable resin to test positive for THC". So, I had to pay $10 a week and go piss in a cup for a year! WTF?!?

NOW, this doesn't seem totally abnormal except for the details. Judge Nau's husband owns half of FCS (Frontier Correctional Systems) and I haven't heard of her sending anyone to anyother place to report for their piss-tests. So, all of a sudden they build a new facility and styart charging $15 dollars a week! I have probably about 3-4 friends that are on the FCS thing at any given time. Cheyenne has about 56,000 people, and on average there are about 500 people that have to report to FCS for a weekly test. Of course every political person here is turning their heads because it is 'creating new jobs' (we turned down the freakin Budweiser plant! WTF are these people thinking?!?)

So... with just the little bit I posted about this, you can easily see what is REALLY going on. Sad, isn't it? Noone is doing anything about something that is so totally obvious! The only thing that they are actually able to get Judge Nau on is a possible discrepency suit where she sent a guy to the penn for 2 years for stealing a car (which was returned with a full tank of gas and totally unharmed). WHILE he was in the penn, someone stole HIS car and totalled it... the guy (Judge Nau's sentence as well) only recieved a 6 month sentence! This apparently has been the only flaw she has made so far... they can't get her for persuit of personal interest because FCS is in her HUSBAND'S name, or some crap like that.

So... I'm absolutly sure that people can find a similar story or 15 concerning the US Gov. Pull out the links and share! I would love to see all the people that feel the same about the US gov stand up and actually SAY something AT THE VERY LEAST!

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
EliteXizer--- U CANT ENTER A WAR WITHOUT A "VALID" REASON I.E. TERRORIST ATTACK

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
When it comes to quality of life, and opportunities for all people, America is one of the best places to live...you should consider yourself lucky that you were born here and not somewhere else where you are fortunate to even get a piece of bread to eat for a whole week, or have your family shot dead and buried in front of your eyes...yes, you have it so bad here

[Edited on 23-2-2004 by Shoktek]

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Earthscum, how does your little drug case have anything to do with the American government? I didn't seem to catch it
They're illegal, therefore you have nothing to complain about?

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   
You can b-itch about all the laws you want, but the majority of people decide on what goes and what doesn't...marijuana laws are debatable, but there is no reason this won't change in the future, this doesn't mean "America Sucks" or whatever you are trying to say...if you don't like it, then join a group to work towards legalization, vote for the right people to get it done, etc...

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
omg... I didn't think I had to walk you through my post by your hand...

It had NOTHING to do with my drug case, ya dumbass... dumbass=beyond ignorant. THIS MEANS YOU CAN"T READ A POST!

Ok... IF you actually read what I wrote, nothing had to do with my drug case... yes, I know if I think it's fukked up that pot is illegal I can move somewhere else in the world. NOT! Ya gonna pay for me to move? I sure as hell can't afford it!

WHAT MY POST HAS TO DO WITH (excuse the caps... I'm talking retardese to some people who can't add and ditched out of english class) IS THE FACT THAT A JUDGE IS EXPLOITING LAWS TO MAKE A WHOLE HELLUVA LOT OF MONEY! That is all my point was. I put my own personal case in there as an example of the extremes this lady goes to to get her income! She pulls some of the worst crap I've ever seen! She was making one guy I know of travel all the way from colorado springs to cheyenne to take a piss-test every week!

NOW... if you use a non-ignorant part of your brain to process this information, you will notice these sort of things happenning all over America. This was my point, entirely.

Originally posted by Amuk

Anarchist Dude not antichrist......LOL

exactly... makes a big difference if you actually READ and not skim.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Alright, I see your point about the judge already, but it still lacks a link to the American government as a whole. In your case, I could see the wrong doing, but it still doesn't deal with what was previously stated.

Edit: I'll just let Shoktek take it from here. We're generally saying the same stuff anyways

[Edited on 23-2-2004 by pyxsul]

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Yea, ok...boo hoo. Life isn't fair buddy, do you want some sort of prize for figuring this out? Yea, there are corrupt people all over the world, it's part of life, deal with it. No one needs to hear your sob story about getting busted for smoking pot, it's your fault for getting caught, and if someone else is taking advantage of it, then try to get it changed. Go ahead and say "I hate America" because of your little inconvenience. Only about 3 billion people elsewhere in the world probably have it worse off than you do.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
sorry, forgot to get my comment in on this:

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS MAJORITY VOTE IN AMERICA! 2000 people can bitch enough to get some screwed up law that will encompass the other couple 10 mil peeps... not much of a majority vote if you ask me (don't take that literally, but you know exactly what I mean). And I don't ever EVER remember seeing anything EVER since I turned 18 offering me the chance to vote to legalize weed. Argue with that. BTW, even if we voted for Gore, the electoral college would've turned it over to Bush automatically anyways. Our vote has been diminished to nothing. The people don't rule anymore. IF the people decide to go against the gov, the gov just launches it's patriotic propoganda so that you look like an ass by not agreeing with the government. Think I'm crazy? Just watch american TV. It's all about being american. CONFORM!

Oh, and what about our government keeping us safe? Hmm... after 9-11, I don't gfeel safe. Ok, so if it wasn't a plot by the government, they still could've kept it from happening? And how many times have we almost been launched into nuclear war because our government is apparently too large to pass down info to the right people? Doesn't THAT alone give you a clue that there's too many people with too much power?

I love America... I don't love modern American government... it's overly complicated, and thus has too many loopholes for the corruption to reside.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shoktek
When it comes to quality of life, and opportunities for all people, America is one of the best places to live...you should consider yourself lucky that you were born here and not somewhere else where you are fortunate to even get a piece of bread to eat for a whole week, or have your family shot dead and buried in front of your eyes...yes, you have it so bad here

[Edited on 23-2-2004 by Shoktek]

In how many countries is there political unrests where your family gets murdered? The only countries I can think of off the top of my head are the Congo, Iraq, Israel and Haiti.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Dude! WTF is your fascination with my getting busted for pot? Give it up already! I'm not bitching about that... ok. Let's put it this way:

If you are a kid and you get busted getting into the cookie jar and you never got in trouble for much, but your parents like grounded you from cookies til you were 18 and grounded you for like 5 months, you'd be pissed too, right? Especially when a simple slap on the hand for your first offense is quite sufficient, or maybe grounded from the cookies for a week or something.

Like I said, this is just a case of someone using the loopholes in our laws to make an assload of money by screwing people.... SO GET OFF MY DAMN GETTING BUSTYED ALREADY! Jeez....

[Edited on 23-2-2004 by Earthscum]

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Earthscum
I love America... I don't love modern American government... it's overly complicated, and thus has too many loopholes for the corruption to reside.

See, that's very different...I love America, but I don't agree with what those in power are doing right now...

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Earthscum
Like I said, this is just a case of someone using the loopholes in our laws to make an assload of money by screwing people.... SO GET OFF MY DAMN GETTING BUSTYED ALREADY! Jeez....

Hah, I agree with the system being corrupt in many ways, I was saying that that is no reason to "hate America", but you already clarified that in your last post that you are upset with corruption, that I can understand.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I just reread the entire thread and it was only twisted into being an "anti-american" thread. The original poster never said anything about hating the ground that he walks on. And why would people assume that anyways? This is a political forum. If this was placed in the religious forum, then I could imagine people assuming that someone was literally talking about the american soil. Use your common sense, please.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
What the frock are these cry babies crying about now?

There was probably more people dead in the US today due to car accidents, crime and cancer than the total deaths in the Iraq war so far?

Grow up!

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Oh, god. America is the best place to live? Highest standard of living? Drop the crack pipe.

I have been to Europe. Thier societies are more oppresive, true, but thier standard of living is alot higher. I didnt see homeless families everywhere sleeping in the streets. I didnt see homeless men with cardboard signs asking to work for food. If your idea of decent living standards is an oversized house, all the fat food u can eat and a monster truck, you have alot to learn.
We have the shortest life expectancy in the west. WE have the worlds dumbest people. We have 12% of our people living beneath the UN poverty level. We do nothing to help our own.

Our citizens are self centered ignorant and cold. Families sell thier own relatives out for money. Our birthrate is declining, and were getting older. Our standard of living is achieved by debt. Freedom? yeah, we used to have that. Not anymore. Everything from forcing seatbelts and bike helmets and car insurance to unwarranted police stops, insane and stupid laws, ect.

Yes, I hate America too. But, my friend, there is no where else for us to go. We arent in a third world country, so we cannot migrate elsewhere, except to places worse than this. We are stuck here. And to make it worse, we are trapped in this country with 300 million jaded, lazy, fat ass self centered mental midget and vegetables who dont give a #.

Thus, while fleeing the us is tempting, I am trapped here, no where to go. The only thing left worth anything in this country is a wilderness to escape to and guns to defend ones self. Protecting the current American way of life and culture is nothing id ever fight for. Much rather return to a kinder, less international america that really could afford not to care about the world back then.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
he said "Im sick of America"...this is far different from disagreeing with the government, or saying that he is sick of the Bush administration, or a certain branch of the government. Sorry, but I take offense to people who say that they flat out hate our country because of what our government is doing...for the most part we are hard working and honest people, or at least our country and current government were founded on those ideas of democracy and opportunity...it may not be that way now, but if you educate more people about what is going on and what needs to be changed, then it can. Information is freedom and so is truth, people will listen if you show them. Just don't say that you hate America, and then plan on leaving it to others to try to make it a better place...complaining gets you nowhere, spread the word, make yourself heard, for you have the right to free speech.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
At least be glad you got busted "in America". Some countries you punishment would not be just an inconvienence- you could be imprisonned, caned, or shot-

Move to Alaska and you will not worry about marijuana charges.. unless you are a dealer. I came here in 85 with 300 hundred dollars in my pocket when I left Florida. Clear out, and find a new way of life if you do not like where you are.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join