It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Turner, Rupert Murdoch and the illuminati

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Societalgnorance

Socieralgnorance, to see how the elite can greatly influence what we see in the media, have a look at Edward Herman and Noam Chomsky's Propaganda Model.

The first two filters, ownership and advertising are very important to this conversation as they can only be accomplished by individuals/corporations with lots of money, i.e. the ruling class.

EDIT: IMO, one of ATS' greatest expert on the media is Astyanax. (maybe he'll notice this thread, if it was mine I would u2u him) He's an industry insider with a sharp mind. However, if you insist on using terms like "high-level masons", I guarantee you, you'll only succeed in antagonizing many members and you will not find the answers you seek.

[edit on 23/3/08 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by Societalgnorance
Stumpy, reading your post proves to me that you are (no offense) a low-level mason privy to NO juicy information. Even the high-level masons aren't privy to all secret information.

Can you enlighten us as to what, in your estimation, is a 'high level' Mason?

A 33rd degree mason is a "high level" mason. I sense a little sarcasm in your question....I could be wrong though.......

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23

Socieralgnorance, to see how the elite can greatly influence what we see in the media, have a look at Edward Herman and Noam Chomsky's Propaganda Model.

The first two layers, ownership and advertising are very important to this conversation as they can only be accomplished by individuals/corporations with lots of money, i.e. the ruling class.

EDIT: IMO, one of ATS' greatest expert on the media is Astyanax. (maybe he'll notice this thread, if it was mine I would u2u him) He's an industry insider with a sharp mind. However, if you insist on using terms like "high-level masons", I guarantee you, you'll only succeed in antagonizing many members and you will not find the answers you seek.

I appreciate your insight and commitment to the truth. I am not trying to antagonized anyone but I don't care for holding back my thoughts.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Stumpy, reading your post proves to me that you are (no offense) a low-level mason privy to NO juicy information. Even the high-level masons aren't privy to all secret information.

Can you enlighten us as to what, in your estimation, is a 'high level' Mason?

A 33rd degree mason is a "high level" mason. I sense a little sarcasm in your question....I could be wrong though.......
Perhaps. I was in the room with about twenty 33rd degree masons just the other night. In fact, we were mourning Scottish Rite Masons who'd died in the last year, and one of the 33's that passed last summer was a bit of a media force in his own right—Marvin Zindler, who when he was a young reporter exposed "The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas".

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   

I appreciate your insight and commitment to the truth. I am not trying to antagonized anyone but I don't care for holding back my thoughts.

The last thing I'd want to do is for you to hold back your thoughts. It's just I've seen it happen a million times. If you insist on using the term "high-level masons", I suggest you prove your assertions in one of the following threads in order to keep yours from further derailing. (believe me, before you know it, we'll be on page 5 of this thread with your OP long forgotten)

High Level Freemasons
www.abovetopsecret.com...

"High-Level" Masons? Doesn't appear to be.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I believe Appak, the author of the second thread is himself, a 33 degree mason. (If he's secretly ruling all of us, he ain't talking...
)

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Conspiracy Nut, who are the Seven Sisters that you mentioned in the beginning of the thread?

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   

The 7 major oil companies at the time:
Seven Sisters (wiki)

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Thanks for the info

Besides the obvious ones, do you know of any other well known powerful people, from any industry, that are known Freemasons, Skull & Bonesman, etc...?

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   

This is a fairly comprehensive list of Bonesmen - I cannot vouch for how authentic or accurate it is, but it is the only such list I have come across - several familiar and powerful names.

www.biblebelievers.org.au...

This contains a listing of 'famous freemasons'

www.masonicinfo.com...

The masons on the whole I have found to be exactly what they claim to be a fraternal organisation that involves itself in community and charity work. They are prohibited from discussing politics and religion in meetings, and from using their membership for financial gain. Despite significant digging on my part, I can find nothing to contradict this. You will find, if you take the time to, that the Freemasons on this board are open and honest, more than willing to answer reasonable questions. They are in my opinion the victims of slander and disinformation, and largely, if not entirely innocent of all charges.

I hope that helps.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
It definitely helps, thank you.

I'm surprised no one has come up with a list of powerful secret societies, their members, and the important roles they play in government, industry, media, etc. It would definitely be an interesting list....

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   

It definitely helps, thank you.

I'm surprised no one has come up with a list of powerful secret societies, their members, and the important roles they play in government, industry, media, etc. It would definitely be an interesting list....

Indeed, but then they wouldn't be very secret, eh?

Look I'm sympathetic to the idea. I mean, I'm a Ron Paul guy.
The mainstream media sucks, and if I can find another reason to loathe them... all the better.

CN23 mentioned some heavy names; Rockefeller and Rothschild are the biggest, I suppose. If you're looking for media control, then I would definitely start where it has been suggested in this thread.

I'm doing some research for another topic at the moment, and I am finding some very interesting connections. Not necessarily between media moguls, but between many powerful names and organizations that have been mentioned here.

You'll find that some Masons will dismiss some theories out of hand; others will not. We really are a cross-section of the general population, therefore you will find practically every perspective and mindset (as they apply here) within our ranks. I am one who does NOT dismiss such things without investigation -- however, I have done enough research about and had enough experience with Masonry to know that CN23 and KT (neither are Masons) are correct in their assessments regarding Red Herrings.

That said, there is almost certainly a connection between these media moguls and the "power elite," or whatever you want to call them. There would have to be, and if one looks closely enough (you don't even have to look so hard nowadays) it is plain to see. Hard to prove, but plain to see nonetheless. They are all members of the Bilderberg Group; many are members of the CFR. I don't know as much about the Trilateral Commission but I'd not doubt their membership/involvement.

I mean, someone's got to tell them what to tell us, right? The idiot box reigns supreme in this country, so, what better way to do it?

Do I take it as far as Alex Jones? No. But I do have questions that aren't being answered, nonetheless.

Good topic; let's try to avoid derailing it on the "high-level Masons" nonsense. There are plenty of other threads for that.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Yeah I agree about your last point.

But like I said before, I've done my research, learned about the Rothschilds and Rockefeller's and all of the other illuminati families. The problem is that's where I hit a dead end. I appreciate the help as it only furthers my conquest
but there's like a roadblock of info after you realize who the illuminati families are.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

They wouldn't be very good at it if it were easy to put together would they?

Here's a tip that has helped me in my research. Look into personal contacts, business partners, advisors, friends and associates of those you mean to investigate. There is a wealth of information out there if you are astute enough to make the connections and research them.

I'm just starting to unravel some of this stuff; some I just know but there is no way to prove it. Those things I don't make my arguing points, I can tell you that. Stick to facts and once you have enough of those, you can start to extrapolate other facts from the way the first ones intertwine. It is a long, arduous process, and not one easily summarized in a few measley paragraphs on ATS. That's where a lot of people get in trouble. They expect people to believe them when a lot of this stuff is unbelievable until you see the facts that amount to whatever "it" is.

It's not something you can force on someone; they have to seek the information. If someone is not inclined to seek, or is inclined to predisposition, then don't expect them to be sympathetic to your ideas on this kind of thing. No offense, just saying. It seems to be a personal thing and I don't want you to take it personally.

Those who have eyes will see, and those who have ears will hear (this can be taken more than one way).

The rest is just pissing in the wind... from wherever you stand.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Very good point and no offense taken at all.

That's what I love about ATS is that the average person looks at conspiracy boards and the people on them as nutty, but they are in fact nutty for not at least thinking about who runs the world, and the negative effects they have on our lives.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23
He details out what Robert Newman briefly covers in his History of Oil stand-up routine. (GoogleVid)

Genius - I watched this last night and pure genius. Worthy of it's own thread in my opinion. Thank you for posting it.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
@The Axeman

wow man, incredible post. I mean, it's all like every word you said!

An individual investigation, watching, hearing and reading a lot of stuff... It could take weeks or months and seems like you can't get enough.

Now, I must say that I entirely agree with SocietaIgnorance, because we have the same questions... I think we should not rest the importance and influence of groups such as Freemasons, Illuminati, Skull&Bones, Bohemian Groove - and who knows how many others. The reasons are obvious, they are preety much ruling the world, being allways on top, and I can tell you the facts too. You should just ask yourself about the Bushes, Reagan and many other american expresidents. In Europe we have Sarkozy, Berlusconi, Merkel, Zapatero, Blair...... many of them attendees of Bilderbergs, some of them pro-Zionists (which has many common purposes), and ABSOLUTELY NONE OF THEM telling us THE REAL TRUTH!

For me, thats too much coincidence...

And, many of them are Nobel prizes, philantrops, and great humanitarians... Thats the media job, distracting - one of the main tasks of freemasonry...

thanks, until next reading...

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
It's been a while since this thread was created, but i wondered if any progress had been made regarding research on the role and agenda of [in particular] Rupert Murdoch within said secret societies.

Not sure if anyone will see this reply, but any update would be appreciated.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Well I do not believe in the Illuminati but I thought maybe you kids would be interested in seeing Larry King whoring around Bill Clinton for Ted Turner...

I bet you'll enjoy this one.

video.google.com...#

It's right around the 15:00 minute mark and it is from a Brian Springer documentary from the early 90's called "Spin"

thought you might like that.

[edit on 7-2-2010 by NichirasuKenshin]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by McGinty

I recently picked up a book entitled "Rupert Murdoch: The Man Who Owns The News" and will be reading it in the next few weeks. I will revisit this thread with an update.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join