It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lyrics for the Patriotic activist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
First, I would like to admit, I only put this in this section because most 'lyrics' search results were in Ed & Media, so if this is not the right place, I apologize ahead of time.

I was listening to Pennywise, and a song came up. I think it fits to a lot of the fed up attitudes people are having with the current system in the U.S. There is an edited swear word, but it puts the point across.

To me, it almost seems like an anthem for those who are tired of our rights being trampled on and worried about further treading on our freedoms by deceitful morons.

I will link and quote an article after the lyrics so you can see what the singer intended the lyrics to do ... which does fit in very well here ...

Pennywise - # Authority

Someday you gotta find another way, you better right your mind
and live by what you say
Today is just another day unless you set your sights and try to find a way
I say # authority
Silent majority
Raised by the system
Now it's time to rise against them
We're sick of your treason
Sick of your lies
# no, we won't listen
We're gonna open your eyes
Frustration, domination, feel the rage of a new generation,
we're livin', we're dyin' and we're never gonna stop, stop tryin'
Stop tryin'
Stop tryin', stop tryin'

You know the time is right to take control,
we gotta take offense against the status quo
No way, not gonna stand for it today, fight for your rights,
it's time we had our say

I say # authority
Silent majority
Raised by the system
Sick of your lies
# no, we won't listen
We're livin', we're dyin', we're sick and tired of the endless liein' Destroy,
Enjoy, your #ing world is our new toy, dominate, eliminate,
Your gonna feel the wrath, wrath of hate?

# authority
Silent majority
Raised by the system
Sick of your lies
# no, we won't listen
we're livin', we're dyin' and we're never gonna stop, stop tryin'
Stop tryin'
Stop tryin', stop tryin'

Jun 19 2001 2:06 PM EDT
Pennywise Flaunt Authority On New Record
California punk revivalists thrash for activism on Land of the Free?

When Pennywise singer Jim Lindberg shouts "F--- authority!" on his band's new single, he's counting on fans to use some discretion before they make any moves — or better yet, listen to the rest of the lyrics.

"The idea behind the song is to get people motivated and let their voices be heard when a WTO [World Trade Organization] protest comes or when President Bush gets rid of subsidized Planned Parenthood," Lindberg said. "F**k Authority" is the first single from Land of the Free? (released June 19), an album loaded with political ideology and calls for fans to get up, stand up. Lindberg said his lyrics were inspired by such recent events as the presidential election and the Los Angeles Police Department's Rampart Division controversy (a scandal that has led to more than 100 overturned criminal convictions).

"The stuff they uncovered was 10 times worse than the Rodney King beating," Lindberg said, referring to the videotaped thrashing of black motorist King in 1991 by four white police officers who were later acquitted of assault. "When you consider that the government is leveraged by lobbyist groups and corporate influences and special interest groups, it's like, 'Whose authority should you respect?'"
Source Article

Whose authority should you respect?

Those that have earned it and respect the people they have promised to serve. That is the only answer.

The whole government isn't corrupt, but we do need to rise up against the corrupt ones, by speaking out, voting out, and doing what we can to eliminate fascist inputs (lobbyist/corporate influences).

We need to boycott news that doesn't live up to journalistic integrity. Businesses that lobby against the U.S. people.

We the people do have all the power, with our voices, entertainment choices, and where we spend our money. If we don't watch their shows, media ad spots are worthless. If we don't buy their products, the companies cannot survive. If we use our voice, we will be heard. Write, call, peaceful protest, and work in government/run for office ourselves.

If we spread the truth, inspire people to make a difference, and give hope to those that we all can make a difference personally and as a group ... the united citizens of america. One by one we can all make a big difference together. We must lobby for ourselves.

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 25-3-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeThinkerIdealist

Never heard of pennywise but i always said f*** athourity

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Funny I was just listening to GG ALLIN 's same title

god I love punk music

new topics

join