It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Hidden Lines

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   

When young, pretty Liza Raines is brutally attacked, the loud gunshots and violent blow to her head cause instant deafness. Desperate to hear again, Liza enrolls in an experimental clinical trail aimed at hearing restoration.

But what researchers Dr. Kramer and Dr. Hseih don't tell her is that the trial, sponsored by the U.S. Department of Defense, is experimenting on humans despite horrific side effects witnessed in lab rats who received the same treatment.

Within days, fourteen of the fifteen participants in the trial become violently psychotic, ultimately taking their lives to stop violent side effects brought on by the treatment. The sole survivor is Patient #14. Liza Raines.

But the surprises don't end here. The treatment, the doctors discover, has not only restored hearing, it has radically expanded it. The doctors are stunned to learn that Liza is able to hear what all of us merely fantasize about: Peoples' thoughts.

PATIENT 14 is based on a little-known scientific reality. The mind, when it thinks, emits a wave. A treatment which dramatically expands our hearing range would enable us to intercept mind waves. PATIENT 14's Liza is someone who experiences this phenomenon on the frontier of sound.

Within days of her release from the clinic where the trial in PATIENT 14 occurs, Liza is recruited by Aiden Porter, a C.I.A. officer working within the Pentagon. His mandate: To find scientific projects that can impact national security.

Aiden now uses Liza in covert operations not only for the benefit of the U.S. Government, but himself -- until Liza questions both the restraints on her freedom and the motivations of her superiors. Then her future is thrown into jeopardy. Even more so when the Pentagon's quest to create more mind hearers means one thing: She's dispensable. To survive, Liza is forced to use her ability against those set on covering up the fact that she even existed.

Based on research with technical advisors in the U.S. Government and documented medical fact, PATIENT 14 exposes the conspiracy of Project Hidden Lines.
www.showcaseentertainment.com...

[edit on 19-3-2008 by sizzle]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Liza, a woman who in the opening moments loses her hearing during some kind of violent robbery when a gun is repeatedly fired next to her head. Now deaf and alone (some of the details of the hows and why seem a little fuzzy), Liza is cared for by the kindly Grant Kane—portrayed with doe-eyed niceness by John J. York—at his Transitions shelter. When word of an experimental hearing restoration project arises, Liza becomes one of fifteen patients treated with a dose of genetically-engineered infusion cells, but of course no one has bothered to tell anyone that the rats used in testing all went insane. And when Liza emerges from the project with the ability to hear thoughts, the evil U.S. government—represented here by Costas Mandylor and Tucker Smallwood—want to use her for all sorts of secretive, civil-rights-defying purposes.

Bakalar claims this film is based on true events from the late 1990s, something known as Project Hidden Lines, though whether that's fact or not doesn't really impact the events of the story as presented here. The premise of expanding the human hearing range is an intriguing one, and Jenner's Liza has to deal with things like the loud thwapping of insect wings and eventually hearing the thoughts of others, but the government-sanctioned situations she is put into seem a wee bit hokey. The thought reading bits are sometimes unintentionally funny, because if I talked to myself as much as these characters do—speaking in long, descriptive sentences....
www.digitallyobsessed.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   
This movie was on LMN TV channel this A.M. It was portrayed as a true story.
I have done a google search and only found two references to this project.

Did anyone else happen to see this movie? If this is mostly based on fact, I can see why there isn't much out there on it. I would surmise that there is a very tight lid on this project. MK-Ultra was frightening enough. But this was very terrifying as well. The things the good ol' guv won't do amazes me.
According to this movie, 14 of the 15 patients who received the ear surgery, died. Mostly, suicides.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Hi everyone,
I see that there are no comments as of yet. I was truly hoping that some of you had heard of this project and could comment on it. As I, for one would definitely like to know more about it.
Do any of you know how I might could do a more extensive internet search on the subject? The TV movie referred to the subject matter as: Patient #14, advanced hearing and Project hidden Lines.
I would truly appreciate some help. Thank you in advance.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Sorry, sizzle, I don't know anything about it.
Didn't Marlee Matlin have some surgery like that ???

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

Probably not, because there has only been one survivor of this surgery (that we know of). And that is Liza Raines, Patient #14.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Does anyone recall the member's ATS ID, that uses a horses rear end for an avatar?
I have seen this member do magnificent things with internet searches. I believe her/his location is in the UK.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I was going to say it seemed like a bad sci fi movie.. and what do you know, it was. Seriously, hearing couldn't be promoted to the point you could read minds. Hearing is vibrations, thoughts ar eelectricity for one.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

Where do you find that it was a bad sci-fi movie, when it is a movie based on facts? What is your source? do you have a link?

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I suppose that maybe the part that wasn't based on fact, possibly was that Raines could hear thoughts. But I am not ready to discount the whole story. Such as the side-effects were so terrible that the patients were jumping from buildings and running out in front of vehicles, because they could no longer bear the effects.
Seems like some type of cells were implanted into the ear. It made the hearinf far too sensitive to be bearable. Raines could even hear termites walking inside her walls.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Where is YOUR evidence that it occurred in the first place? All you have is a link about a movie. Movies are not the best place to go looking for truth, and you've already admitted that most likely they over played her amazing hearing abilities. Doesn't it then follow that they also exaggerated the case files themselves, and the patients reactions to them?
Movies, when made to make a point, are always dramatized and over the top. They are made to play on people's emotions and sense of outrage.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Not being rude, but did you happen to read any of the posts submitted on this thread? I think they substantiate a little bit more than just a tv movie.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Well, seeing as how only you, me, and Clearskies have made any reposnses to this thread, with you mainly being the one to do so, in an effort to bump the thread, there really isn't much info.
You said you found some info on Google, provide it. The only link you've provided is one to the movie's site.

Look, you've already admitted that perhaps her mind reading was probably over exaggerated, therefor doesn't it follow that the other accounts of the other people were also exaggerated, if this even actually occurred in the first place?

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Are you always so rude and demanding?
The results that I provided came from a google search.
At the end of the movie, it said that the movie was a true story, based on fact. It even gave an update on Liza Raines.
If you want to wrench someone's head off, start there. Okay?

Btw, if you are so worried abot this topic getting boosted; stop responding to it, and that will be even less boost. Make sense?

If you persist in being antagonistic, I will put you on ignore.

[edit on 20-3-2008 by sizzle]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sizzle

I ant the truth, at the moment you are the sole provider of the truth. i tried Google search and got nadda. You originated this thread, so it is up to you to provide evidence. I'm not biting your head of, I'm asking for info on something you started. So give.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   

You could be nicer about it, rather than suggesting that I am merely just trying to boost a pointless subject. You might take a look at my profile page and see that I put forth some pretty hard work in my efforts here.
If you look a little closer, you will see that I am not making any claims here. I posted that I saw a movie that claimed to be true. I asked if anyone else saw it or knew anything about it. Is this right so far?

I typed the words 'Project Hidden Lines' into google search. I came up with the two excerpts that I posted here on page 1. I could not find anything else. I gave all that I had.
Sorry if that is not enough for you. But I was asking for help from anyone else that might know anything. Not making wild claims. Okay.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sizzle

Sorry, I've been in a bit of a bad mood lately, yeah I was wording my sentences harsher than I should have, I just meant that the movie's just a movie. The fact that you can't find anything about it, despite a movie being made, probably makes it false, and just a story.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
reply to post by sizzle

Sorry, I've been in a bit of a bad mood lately, yeah I was wording my sentences harsher than I should have, I just meant that the movie's just a movie. The fact that you can't find anything about it, despite a movie being made, probably makes it false, and just a story.

Yeah Rune,
I know what you mean, I find myself getting a lil grouchy at times, then I catch myself and take a posting break.. We're all human. (I think).

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by sizzle
Does anyone recall the member's ATS ID, that uses a horses rear end for an avatar?
I have seen this member do magnificent things with internet searches. I believe her/his location is in the UK.

Hi sizzle, that sounds like me......or my avatar, at least. I'm right here in the US, Georgia to be more exact......but I can't say that I'm that great on searches, though I do stumble on some interesting stuff from time to time. ( I did find this thread, after receiving your U2U )

I will look around a bit......let you know if I find anything.

[edit on 9-4-2008 by frayed1]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Not sure about the movie, never seen it, but there was an article in a local newspaper a couple of months ago, in a small science section that stated that when confused (I'm guessing as well as other emotions, but not stated) the brain gives off gamma rays, which in turn could 'confuse' people around you. So whether the film was true or not, it seems to have some basis in truth.

As for movies not being real, thats true they are work of fiction. Yet I always remember a quote when watching particuarly strange movies "The best way to keep a secret, is to tell everyone, but make sure they don't believe you". Maybe, just maybe, the film was made to inspire this type of denial, "it can't be real it's a movie". Not saying it is, but the possibilities are endless and the government are always a few steps (if not hundreds) ahead.

thanks. EMM

top topics

<<   2 >>

join