It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some images from Mars

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0 x 0
... would have at least recieved a "2" for funny on /.

Nah....the wit here on ATS is much more refined. You have to elevate your attempts from a Benny Hill approach to more of a Calvin Trillin type.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0 x 0
ment no harm

... would have at least recieved a "2" for funny on /.

I know you meant no harm other wise you would have received a off topic warn

Now what was the topic again, oh yea.

Some images from Mars

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
They look mostly like anomolys (sp) but basically the tower shaped one looks intelegently built.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Thanks for the multiple pictures ArMaP. The black dust is interesting and seems to form patterns on the ground depending on the prevailing winds. We see the same thing in blowing snow or leaves. Now why cant we have multiple pics for other areas of Mars?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Nice pictures of rocks.

[Condescending remark removed]

Mod Note: Please Review Courtesy Is Mandatory

[edit on 19/3/2008 by Sauron]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Thanks for the pictures.The third and fifth down are very interesting.More spider things in the third and amazing stuff in the fifth down.Have a look at the originals!

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by nablator

There's a clearer one more to the left.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by bruno51
Nice pictures of rocks.

I've sent an alert because my FSME's one-line tool still doesn't work.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Ya good geometry!

ArMaP wrote:
M11-01691

Here is what I saw:

Look inside the "building" looking thing, interior walls? I draw in pencil alot and 3-d shadeing is my best skill, that hole thing I traced looks higher than the surrounding area, because of the highlights and shadows, they are all too regular to my eyes to be normal.

The cinder cone looking thing is cool, but looks natural to me. Man I hope these are what they look like, how boring would it be if they weren't?

UPDATE: The more I looked at this image the more interesting it got, I just had to trace out the rest of what I was seeing. The things I traced aren't dramatic, but they seem to be oriented to each other more than seems normal. Any one have a north/south orientation on these? They seem to be at a neat 45 degree angle if the photo is oriented north/south like a map. I was tempted to trace all the crater things in green, they seem to regular to be natural too, but that might be too kooky

I'm not afraid to say it I DO think there COULD BE civilisation on Mars. Those who feel like agreeing, don't fear the debunkers, don't let them pressure you to hide your deductions, intuitions, or hopes in fear! They always say the world is flat, even if you proove it, until they die, when thier children can finaly admit, "well, it 'COULD' be true", and when THEY die, finaly THIER kids all say "Of course its true we knew it all the long".

Yet this doen't deture debunkers from denying the next odd thing to come along, those who forgett history.....

[edit on 20-3-2008 by HellHound63S]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by internos
As i said before, i'll say what caught my attention on each one of the
photos that i've posted in the first post:
MOC wide-angle image M11-04182

Perhaps i'm the only one, but i think i see a triangle here, this
caught my attention in this image.
I think that this is not the first time someone sees a triangle in that photo, I will look for it. (I found it before I finish this post, my memory did not faill me, and the person who posted this image was ..... Internos.)

It looks to me that the "triangle" is partly the result of the many stripes that cover the photo and one of them is helping create the "triangle".

Because I think the best thing to do about something we don't know is getting the largest amount of data about it, I went looking for more MOC images that showed that "triangle" but I only found two images, both low quality images.

E11-02941
S08-03317

The quality of the images is something strange, why are all the three images of a lower quality than is usual?

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to

post by ArMaP

Originally posted by ArMaP
I think that this is not
the first time someone sees a triangle in that photo, I will look for
it. (I found it before I finish this post, my memory did not faill me,
and the person who posted this image was ..... Internos.)
It looks to me that the "triangle" is partly the result of the many
stripes that cover the photo and one of them is helping create the
"triangle".

The quality of the images is something strange, why are all the three

images of a lower quality than is usual?

Fist of all, thanks for finding the time to post other images from the
same area; as always, you add actually valuable contents to the
discussion, and you are absolutely right; one of the three sides of the
triangle match exactly one stripe's angulation, and i don't believe
this to be a coincincidence; i've tried to spot the same issue matching
the other two sides, but with no success.
Besides, all the image looks to be grainy, and sadly this happens in
the images that you kindly provided too.

Well: after commenting a post by one of our best contributors, just two
cents (NO MORE) about the most useless one.

bruno51, no one told you that there's a difference between rocks and other natural formations? Well, this happened most likely because you
have never been at School, or if you have been there, then perhaps you were, most likely, asleep.
Here's a thread started by you:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by bruno51
Hello this my first post at ATS, I read the forum for a long time now.

Do you think that UFO visits other countries as much as the USA?
Most of reports are from USA, that may be because of the large media?

I have seen UFO myself in my country, as a young man, first we witness
outside, there was a fabulous bright light from my schwanzenstook,
later it was night time we notice 4 hours later, our watches stop.
Coincidence?

Let me say that so far you deserve two awards:
The MOST STUPID post, and the MOST STUPID thread on ATS.

What about to go to school rather than wasting yours and our time here?
At least, buy a book, DO SOMETHING. But don't make yoyurself so ridiculous, dude. As our motto is deny ignorance, i'm forced to deny posts like yours.
Anyway, thanks for sharing your ignorance, much appreciated.

[edit on 21/3/2008 by internos]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Internos my man! excellent post as always, i'm sorry it took me this long to get here. Alot of interesting pictures worthy of discussion. I know we can always expect the best from you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Helllhound, welcome aboard! and get ready my friend, there will be lots more to come that I know by the end of the day there will be no doubts in your head about a prior civilization on the red rock. Enjoy!

spikeD.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
In the hope someone (Armap?) can help... please tell me how you manage to navigate the web site www.msss.com..., the clickable maps are very user-unfriendly, no coordinates displayed, no nothing. I'd love to see more images of the area near 112.75°W, 86.22°S. I'm clicking pretty much randomly on the south pole map... not a very efficient method.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
posting this here (originally posted it in john lear's moon thread

that many armed thing looks like a tube system and nearby, to the left of it, is a building of some sort.

[edit on 21-3-2008 by undo]

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Hey there Internos, I cant make heads if this is stucture or ?...Do you know how tall/wide this might be? Thanks man!

spikeD.

[edit on 22-3-2008 by spikedmilk]

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Unfortunately that is the only way I know and the one I have been using; finding an image from the area I want and then memorise its place on the map and then see all the galleries.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

OK, thanks.
Answering my own question, I see now the coordinates are sometimes displayed in the South Pole area as "click here to choose footprints in area ...° to ...°S, ...° to ...°W. I have been moving the mouse too fast to see them!

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Another post (to avoid being lost inside an edit of my previous post) to say that I have found what you probably were looking for, a clickable map with all the MOC images, available here.

You can choose the release you want (the page defaults to "year 2"), the narrow-angle camera resolution and/or the wide-angle camera resolution.

PS: if you delete the end of the address you will get this page, from where you can choose different Mars missions.

Enjoy.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Great image the 2nd one.

At first sight, the only thing that i can think on, is a meteor crater + shadows effect.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by HellHound63S
I draw in pencil alot and 3-d shadeing is my best skill, that hole thing I traced looks higher than the surrounding area, because of the highlights and shadows, they are all too regular to my eyes to be normal.
In that case you know how easy it is to see a 3D object where there is none, just a shading that gives that idea to our brain.

I think that this is the case with that photo. To me it looks flat, and the darker areas look just like darker areas, not shadows.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join